This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:52:55 AM(UTC)
Hi, does anyone know if Kinect voice navigation will be in like it was for Horizon 1? That one feature was probably the most use I got out of the Kinect on the 360.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:43:51 AM(UTC)
first post of http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst15273_Forza-Horizon-2---What-we-know-so-far.aspx

Please remember to check existing threads for information before posting new threads that may duplicate a topic.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2014 2:53:52 AM(UTC)
I was wondering if anyone had information on what exactly the Kinect would be used for?

It probably won't be used for motion control but what voice controls would we use? It would be great if we could use it to jump quickly around menus. One of the things I dislike about Forza 5 is how slow and cumbersome it is to move around the menus, so it would be great if we could say "Paint my car" and jump right to the spray shop... that is, if its all structured into one menu. If its structured like FH1 and we have to drive around to the garage and paint shop etc then I guess we'll just have to deal with it.

Or will the Kinect be more for in-game things like GPS?
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2014 7:21:30 AM(UTC)
Kinect will be used for talking to your digital assistant 'Anna'. This will let you highlight routes, skip to events and otherwise navigate the map.
Anna will also let you know what events you should do next, or when friends come online. That's it as far as Kinect goes from what has been said so far.
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 1:04:54 AM(UTC)
But Anna seems separate and independent from Kinect, e.g. she'd talk regardless of whether or not we were using a Kinect, sort of like those voice messages on FH1 that would tell us about Barn Finds (again, don't keep up with the news so I don't know what that was called, if it was called anything). I'm guessing Kinect will be something that we can do entirely without, without it affecting our game? nothing being dependent on Kinect? Its kind of a shame that Xbox One won't be getting any VR/hands-free controlling any time soon. I saw one article where the author was saddened about not using Kinect hands-free to control Forza by holding his hands out for an imaginary steering wheel, which seems like a nightmare to me and makes me 10,000,000% happy that its not a thing, but it would be nice to see more features with Kinect. The way voice controls can flip around Xbox menus/actions is fantastic, so I would've really loved to use that, even if just to get around Forza menus.
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:02:18 PM(UTC)
You: ANNA... bla bla bla.
ANNA: setting destination now.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 9:37:17 PM(UTC)
Ha. Reminds me of Test Drive Unlimited... "Calculating itinerary."

Notification

Icon
Error