This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2014 10:57:09 PM(UTC)
Will Forza Horizon 2 have offroading and trucks? I would like to go offroading with a Ford SVT F-150 Raptor or Dodge Ram plowing through mud or the water in heavy rainy conditions? Just wondering if the the game will have it

[img]http:// http://www.google.com/se...g%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252F÷÷ñÒ1670280758êÖ3õæwww.caranddriver.com%252Freviews%252F2010-ford-f-150-svt-raptor-62-road-test%3B429%3B262[/img]

Edited by user Tuesday, June 10, 2014 11:11:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Find a decent picture to show you what I mean

"SVT" Ford Raptor!
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 5:36:49 AM(UTC)
The SVT Raptor has been identified in gameplay footage, so it will be in.

According to Fulton in the IGN interviews, many of the new cars will be "crazy off-roaders".

More characters than sense.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:13:37 AM(UTC)
Here is a thread with everything we know, so far.
User is suspended until 11/25/2027 7:16:03 PM(UTC)
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:55:33 AM(UTC)
is was also in one of IGN's demo of the game so dont worry man (like about I think the corvette)
(FH2 is out) APEX! APEX!

User is suspended until 11/25/2027 7:16:03 PM(UTC)
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:58:23 AM(UTC)
also in the GT-R video of IGN's demo (get on youtube and search FH2 demo) it had the car completely muddy at the end when it went off-road when raining. can wait for it to come to 360 in sept.
(FH2 is out) APEX! APEX!

#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 10:50:20 AM(UTC)
Thank you guys now I feel ready for this game and hopefully not run over anybody
"SVT" Ford Raptor!
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:44:25 PM(UTC)
Well Horizon 1 had 37 different Raptors, so you're probably safe that it's in....

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2014 9:42:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ssrdemo Go to Quoted Post
Well Horizon 1 had 37 different Raptors, so you're probably safe that it's in....

I don't think the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor and Saleen S5S Raptor equal 37 different Raptors. But hey, you're only off by 35...

Back on topic... My latest position with cars has me really obsessed with off roading. My issue is, GTA V is about as good of an off roading game as I'm gonna get on a console. Yes, Spin Tires exists, but that's pretty much solely mudding and it's a PC exclusive. I'm looking for a game that has the core aspects of Spin Tires, as well as the ability to tackle a variety of obstacles like GTA V. Unfortunately, I'm expecting FH2's "off roading" to consist of a few dirt roads here and there, and you can move off of paved roads to an extent... While you're not on the road, it doesn't seem right to call that off roading...

Bigtime Muscle Member | Now on One!
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 12:37:14 PM(UTC)
It'll probably be nothing like going mudding. It'll probably just be extra slick surface without worries about flooding the engine or getting stuck.

Your best bet is to wait for rain and get your country boy friends, two coolers of beer w/ice, a couple 4wheelers, and for heaven sakes if you use a truck make sure its 4wd and has capable (not worn) mud tires. Oh and chicks. Can't forget that.

#10 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 12:54:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Yakov Alfa Go to Quoted Post
My issue is, GTA V is about as good of an off roading game as I'm gonna get on a console.

Baja: Edge of Control is a damn good off-road game for the 360. And the fact that you've put GTA V ahead of the early Dirt titles (in terms of off-road driving) really makes me question as to whether or not you even care about the off-road aspect as much as you seem to allude. But, to each their own.

As for Horizon 2, I don't expect anything more than what we had in the original ... just more space to do it in.

Edited by user Friday, June 13, 2014 8:48:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 8:15:37 PM(UTC)
Cough*

Edited by user Friday, June 13, 2014 8:18:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#12 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 9:02:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post
My issue is, GTA V is about as good of an off roading game as I'm gonna get on a console.

You should do some better searching. Baja: Edge of Control is a damn good off-road game for the 360. And the fact that you've put GTA V ahead of the early Dirt titles (in terms of off-road driving) really makes me question as to whether or not you even care about the off-road aspect as much as you seem to allude. To each their own.

As for Horizon 2, I don't expect anything more than what we had in the original ... just more space to do it in.

Dang you are confrontational... Didn't the mods warn you to keep your attitude in check? 'Have you ever played 4x4 Evo? No? Oh, you're a joke...' Seriously, that's no kind of ground to be calling someone out on.

I'd never heard of Baja: Edge of Dirt because it never showed up when I searched for off road games. Now that I'm aware it exists, I'll look into it. DiRT is an awesome series. One of the best I've ever played. But I've only played DiRT3 because I don't have the money to go and hunt down the old ones. DiRT3 is based mainly around the world of rally and Gymkhana. There's no rock climbing or mudding, and you can't go through water whatsoever (shallow puddles on the track don't count, IMO). GTA V has a true open world, which most games don't have. Having the ability to take any route I want to is awesome, and there is tons of various terrain and obstacles to tackle. It's not perfect, but it's definitely a good start.

I never once said GTA V is better than DiRT, you made that one up. Your credibility suffers when you put words into my mouth that I've never said... And DiRT's off road physics are some of the best, but as I said before, there's no rock climbing or mudding (and when I've tried forcing a vehicle to do such things, the physics give up and it has no idea what I'm trying to do, or it just resets me).

Moving on past that, I'm having a hard time finding alternatives. So in the mean time, yes, GTA V is currently my best option for off roading on console. Not off road as in rallycross, off road as in doing anything and everything off road. I'm going to continue looking for better alternatives, but in the mean time, that's where I'm at. And yes, Horizon 2 is likely to have nothing new except more space to *drive* off the road.

#13 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 10:52:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post

Baja: Edge of Control is a damn good off-road game for the 360. And the fact that you've put GTA V ahead of the early Dirt titles (in terms of off-road driving) really makes me question as to whether or not you even care about the off-road aspect as much as you seem to allude. But, to each their own.

Dang you are confrontational... Didn't the mods warn you to keep your attitude in check?

I never once said GTA V is better than DiRT, you made that one up. Your credibility suffers when you put words into my mouth that I've never said... And DiRT's off road physics are some of the best, but as I said before, there's no rock climbing or mudding (and when I've tried forcing a vehicle to do such things, the physics give up and it has no idea what I'm trying to do, or it just resets me).

I have my attitude in check - don't you concern yourself with it. Instead, let the moderators do the moderating or use the report button if you feel so inclined. Additionally, I'm not being confrontational; I'm taking part in "heated" debate which is specifically tolerated under the forum's Code of Conduct.

Furthermore, I encourage you to check my response again and read it without the perceived attitude - I did not say you thought GTA V is "better" than Dirt, but that you rank it above Dirt in terms of the off-road aspect. You simply stated: "My issue is, GTA V is about as good of an off roading game as I'm gonna get on a console." Those words I couldn't make up if I wanted and I responded accordingly with suggested alternatives. Had I known you meant rock climbing and mudding exclusively, I would have refrained from suggesting the aforementioned off-road racing titles. Either way, I typed "to each their own" so as to say that you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

Regardless, I hope Horizon 2 provides the level of off-road ability that you, myself and others are looking for. However, the reason I fear some of the expectations of these forum's is that, unless an off-road tire has now been modeled, many of the speculated features would be useless with the current line-up of compounds. This is to say that I am not convinced the tires seen on Forza trucks are actually different than default street tires on other cars - otherwise, they could have been used in the Rally expansion instead of the slicks that miraculously imitated off-road tire performance.

Coincidently, these very conversations about off-road capability were in peak form (pun intended) upon word of the original Horizon, as you might expect when the locale was based on an environment in the southern Rockies. Of course, we all know how that panned out.

Relieving some of the restrictions placed on access to unpaved portions of the map should make folks happy on this second go-around; but, tempering expectations regarding the depth of the off-road experience may be best until we have a bit more information.

Edited by user Friday, June 13, 2014 11:18:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#14 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 1:52:39 AM(UTC)
Judging by the videos seen so far, with the Lamborghini tearing through crop filled fields at 105mph, crashing through fences as though they are not there, and taking 90 degree corners at 70, I wouldn't hold your breath for a high standard of off-road racing.
#15 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 2:08:49 AM(UTC)

I don't think the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor and Saleen S5S Raptor equal 37 different Raptors. But hey, you're only off by 35...

Back on topic... My latest position with cars has me really obsessed with off roading. My issue is, GTA V is about as good of an off roading game as I'm gonna get on a console. Yes, Spin Tires exists, but that's pretty much solely mudding and it's a PC exclusive. I'm looking for a game that has the core aspects of Spin Tires, as well as the ability to tackle a variety of obstacles like GTA V. Unfortunately, I'm expecting FH2's "off roading" to consist of a few dirt roads here and there, and you can move off of paved roads to an extent... While you're not on the road, it doesn't seem right to call that off roading...

He means like the standard one, the Limited Ed one and the Halo one
An Irish racer, drifter and painter.

"If you don't go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:46:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AMG 568 Go to Quoted Post

It's still 35 off from "37 different Raptors".
#17 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 12:25:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CPU R SAZAKI Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AMG 568 Go to Quoted Post

It's still 35 off from "37 different Raptors".

Unfortunately, he was born was with many conjoined fingers. We haven't, yet, taught him how to count properly.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:46:59 PM(UTC)
There's 4 "Raptors" in FH1. I never even remembered the special editons of the F-150, so that would've left me back at 2 Raptors. I said he was 35 off, he's actually 33 off. Oh god, least I make a mistake like that...

In other news, today's GTA V update brought us a brand new specialized off-roader: the Mercedes G63 6x6. The part that made me laugh is how awful it looks compared to the quality of the Forza version. Oh wait...

Yes, GTA V isn't anywhere near the simulation level that Forza, DiRT, Baja, etc. are at, but for an "arcade" game I'd say it's doing pretty well. And playing it is... Uh, what's that word? Oh yeah, FUN. While I know there's other games that are better for pure off-roading, I still stand by what I said: GTA V is one of the better choices for an off-road capable game on consoles. It may not be perfect, but it's fun. And when Rockstar really wants to, they can usually get something in game quite fast (minus heists obviously, Lol).

#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:25:12 AM(UTC)
Yeah, I wasn't really expecting anything beyond the 'off-roading' found in Test Drive Unlimited 2 from Horizon 2, but maybe in a future installment mudding and rock climbing might be within the realm of possibility...

Who knows - maybe a true off-road game might be the possible third Forza franchise hinted at in IGN's coverage(actually, I'm surprised that thought hadn't occurred to me at all before...)...

Notification

Icon
Error