This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
9 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
#126 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 4:00:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NumberedSafe30 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
I'm not entirely sure but I suspect game/championship progression might actually be the deciding factor, not driver level.

I have beaten the finale and am level 51 and have found only 5 Barn finds.

I'm level 211, I've won 52 championships on my way to winning two finales and finding all ten barn finds. Again, I'm not entirely sure but I suspect game/championship progression might actually be the deciding factor, not driver level.

✔ Verified Moderator

User is suspended until 1/8/2289 2:34:59 AM(UTC)
#127 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 5:44:03 PM(UTC)
I don't know if you guys are on the xBONE version or the 360 version but I think it might be somewhat milage related on 360. I had the first 5 or six barn finds with only the first 2 races cleared. But I went around collecting the discounts,and bonuses pretty much to open the map and trip speed cams and zones. As you can guess that leads to a lot of mileage travelled and 3/4 of the map open before I realised how many barn finds I had compared to how many there are total.

On a side note I would add some opinion approved thought about what a let down and rip of the 360 version is....
..... I will be containing contain My personal rage and discontent. I am not surprised that t10/MS don't like their noses rubbed into the truth, and having their lies exposed in truthful feedback of their players anymore than a puppy likes It's angry owner rubbing it's nose in the steaming pile of it left on the floor !
( seeing here they have suspended just about everyone who exposes the lies and injustices from the forums left and right for doing so, rude and crude or polite doesn't seem to matter! truth is just a mutha ain't it)
BTW believe whatever sales advert scam You want, I know what a 360 is capable of......and no game,no programming has truly pushed it to the MAX, nearly breaking it's limitation YET, not even R* with GTAV.

Edited by user Sunday, October 5, 2014 5:51:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#128 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 6:00:42 PM(UTC)
Lvl 52 found 4 and think 2 others are not found yet
#129 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 8:08:30 PM(UTC)
Im on the 360 and collected all 10 already. As far as I'm concerned tney popped wayyy to quickly for me. I probably had all 10 by level 40. On a side note it seems the grey cilcles that show the general location of the barn also seem a little smaller in horizon 2 than they did in horizon 1., making it easier to find the barn.

Edited by user Sunday, October 5, 2014 8:09:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#130 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 8:11:09 PM(UTC)
I'm thinking it has to do with either Distance Driven (under Stats>Records) or Time Driven (Stats>General). I know in Horizon 1 is was based on the time driven in free roam. Lets compare some notes!

My Stats
9 Barn Finds complete
Time Driven: 14h 41mins
Distance Driven: 1,167 Miles

What do you all have? (# of finds, time, miles)
#131 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 8:44:00 PM(UTC)
I have (still) 9 barn finds
Time Driven: 13 H 38:52
Miles Driven: 978 Mi driven
Championships won: 13

The rest of my info is up above ^
#132 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 9:58:37 PM(UTC)
LVL 49 found 5.
#133 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 10:07:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NumberedSafe30 Go to Quoted Post
I'm not entirely sure but I suspect game/championship progression might actually be the deciding factor, not driver level.

I have beaten the finale and am level 51 and have found only 5 Barn finds.

I'm level 211, I've won 52 championships on my way to winning two finales and finding all ten barn finds. Again, I'm not entirely sure but I suspect game/championship progression might actually be the deciding factor, not driver level.

So Heiro, how many barn finds do you have? If you haven't found them all at this point, and you're that far in, I must say I'll be a bit disappointed. Not because it takes a while, but because the last barn find I need (Ferrari Dino) is the one car I wanted to drive most of all the barn finds.

#134 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 10:09:28 PM(UTC)
I got prompted for my 10th Barn Find around level 75 (Xbox One). The forums had this same discussion with the first Forza Horizon. It's a variety of factors.
#135 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 10:22:10 PM(UTC)
I just got the Ferrari 250 GT barn find,

I think I have maybe 5 of them already? I can't remember off hand, and I am not even level 50 yet.

Bus, Jeep, Renault, Ford, Ferrari, and Ferrari 250 GT. Ok, so I have 6. lol

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
#136 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 2:45:17 AM(UTC)
Just beaten the first finale and picked up the 9th barn find last night. I am level 51
#137 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 3:05:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post

So Heiro, how many barn finds do you have? If you haven't found them all at this point, and you're that far in, I must say I'll be a bit disappointed. Not because it takes a while, but because the last barn find I need (Ferrari Dino) is the one car I wanted to drive most of all the barn finds.

I have all ten with the last coming well before I hit level 100.

✔ Verified Moderator

#138 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 4:47:48 AM(UTC)
Just like FH1 everyone is looking for the pattern to barn finds. Has anyone considered that they're random or a culmination of your progression throughout the different aspects of the game? I've got three friends that I play a lot with and for each of us there has been no visible patterns to when barn finds appear.
 1 user liked this post.
#139 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 7:48:34 AM(UTC)
I have all 10 on the 360, and I'm somewhere in my mid 30's in level. I think it's based on championship wins or race locations you've unlocked.

But on a side note, I wish the barn finds were a bit hard to actually find. Once I got the rumor and entered the area I find them rather quickly, I never once felt a little frustrated trying to look for any of the barn finds. Once you get the rumor all you've got to do is look for buildings around you or in the distance, not hard enough to justify purchasing a treasure map to reveal their locations.

I think if all barn finds were available from the start, but you had to find them yourself or buy rumors; that would make it much more challenging and encourage more casual exploration. Also, I think putting "barn finds" in some less than conspicuous places would be nice too. Instead of putting every single one of them way out there in the boonies where you have a 1 in 3 chance of stumbling across a barn find by just approaching buildings, but some in towns or in rural neighborhoods.

For example, you're in a town and you decide to explore. You find this storage facility, out of genuine curiosity you decide to drive around it's complex. You notice that some of the lots are opened but empty, some are locked, nothing really out of place except for one door that's slightly a jar; at first it wouldn't catch your eye until you get close enough to see there is a car underneath a cover inside. Well, just so happens that car is a 1963 Corvette Stingray with a fuel injected 327 that has been abandoned. You get a cut scene where you're character is talking to the owner of the facility, they say they just want rid of it to open up more space; they offer to sell you the contents of the locker for what is owed on the renter's account (Keep it reasonable, say 2 - 4 grand or so).

Perhaps when the cutscene shows you actually revealing the car it can give you a back story for the car; kinda like what FH2 has done but better. Like this.

Storage owner: "An older man, maybe in his forties rented this unit a few years ago and stored the car here. He had hopes of restoring it himself, but he was going through a divorce and just didn't have the means. He payed his fee for about a year and then he just stopped, I usually give my renters a couple months to catch back up before I start calling but I never could get in touch with him, it was like he fell off the face of the earth. Business was kinda slow so I just left the unit be, but now business is starting to pick up and I'm renting out units left and right, and I just need it out of here."
You picked some day to finally find the devil in your eyes, looking inside mine
Youre a long way from paradise. Say goodbye, youre the boy who cried
Im the wolf outside your door and youre in trouble
with every wolf you saw before and youll never last long
User is suspended until 4/19/2042 12:30:56 PM(UTC)
#140 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 7:59:35 AM(UTC)
I have 2 , just got the awesome vw bus thing
Girl racers rule
#141 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 8:11:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shay Feral Go to Quoted Post
I have all 10 on the 360, and I'm somewhere in my mid 30's in level. I think it's based on championship wins or race locations you've unlocked.

But on a side note, I wish the barn finds were a bit hard to actually find. Once I got the rumor and entered the area I find them rather quickly, I never once felt a little frustrated trying to look for any of the barn finds. Once you get the rumor all you've got to do is look for buildings around you or in the distance, not hard enough to justify purchasing a treasure map to reveal their locations.

I think if all barn finds were available from the start, but you had to find them yourself or buy rumors; that would make it much more challenging and encourage more casual exploration. Also, I think putting "barn finds" in some less than conspicuous places would be nice too. Instead of putting every single one of them way out there in the boonies where you have a 1 in 3 chance of stumbling across a barn find by just approaching buildings, but some in towns or in rural neighborhoods.

For example, you're in a town and you decide to explore. You find this storage facility, out of genuine curiosity you decide to drive around it's complex. You notice that some of the lots are opened but empty, some are locked, nothing really out of place except for one door that's slightly a jar; at first it wouldn't catch your eye until you get close enough to see there is a car underneath a cover inside. Well, just so happens that car is a 1963 Corvette Stingray with a fuel injected 327 that has been abandoned. You get a cut scene where you're character is talking to the owner of the facility, they say they just want rid of it to open up more space; they offer to sell you the contents of the locker for what is owed on the renter's account (Keep it reasonable, say 2 - 4 grand or so).

Perhaps when the cutscene shows you actually revealing the car it can give you a back story for the car; kinda like what FH2 has done but better. Like this.

Storage owner: "An older man, maybe in his forties rented this unit a few years ago and stored the car here. He had hopes of restoring it himself, but he was going through a divorce and just didn't have the means. He payed his fee for about a year and then he just stopped, I usually give my renters a couple months to catch back up before I start calling but I never could get in touch with him, it was like he fell off the face of the earth. Business was kinda slow so I just left the unit be, but now business is starting to pick up and I'm renting out units left and right, and I just need it out of here."

I was hoping they would do that. It's a cool concept having all the barn find available as soon a you can explore but you have to explore to find them and as you progress you hear more and more rumors that help pinpoint their general location. Heck, after becoming horizon champion and the festival comes to a close you're driving around and find a vehicle someone left behind in a shed at the hub... You're driving around town exploring and one if the many sheds there has a cracked for and car in it.

Only one ban find was tricky for me, the rest are all easy and almost visible on the map. Just look for trees.

Edited by user Monday, October 6, 2014 8:12:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#142 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 8:20:39 AM(UTC)
Are there 9 barn finds or 10?
#143 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 8:38:23 AM(UTC)
Xbox 360 = 10 barn finds. They came rather fast for me. I wasn't even level 30.

does the One have different barn finds?
"Life's too short to drive boring cars"

Proud Alfa Romeo owner
#144 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 10:06:16 AM(UTC)
Got 4
1 yesterday
3 today
Hi mom!
#145 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 10:30:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: racingbones Go to Quoted Post

There are ten barn finds for x1 as well. I believe the actual cars are different though. If I recall correctly, five are the same and five are console specific.
#146 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 12:48:43 AM(UTC)

There are ten barn finds for x1 as well. I believe the actual cars are different though. If I recall correctly, five are the same and five are console specific.

There are 11 barn finds for me. I was just confused because the achievement for 10 popped up and I knew there was still one hidden one. Then I counted them.

Edit: Sorry, false alarm, didn't notice I ran in the dublicate bug for one of them, so it's 10 :S

Edited by user Tuesday, October 7, 2014 12:56:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#147 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 12:55:21 AM(UTC)
First for me was Renault Alpine second VW camper van type 2

What else is there? :P
#148 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 1:00:11 AM(UTC)
Barn Find 1: Renault Alpine A1 10 1600S
Barn Find 2: Volkswagen Type 2 De Lux
Barn Find 3: Jeep WILLYS MB
Barn Find 4: Ferrari GTO
Barn Find 5: Ford Capri RS3100
Barn Find 6: Jaguar XK 120 SE
Barn Find 7: Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso
Barn Find 8: Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage
Barn Find 9: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2
Barn Find 10: Lamborghini Miura P400

There we go yet again answered my own question by searching GOOGLE :P
#149 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 1:01:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NO DeCLouie TRC Go to Quoted Post

There are 11 barn finds for me. I was just confused because the achievement for 10 popped up and I knew there was still one hidden one. Then I counted them.

Edit: Sorry, false alarm, didn't notice I ran in the dublicate bug for one of them, so it's 10 :S

Duplicate bug?
#150 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 3:33:05 AM(UTC)
Everything I've seen points to there being 10, but I've seen on an achievement tracking site that I use that some people have 11 (eight members at the moment, to be exact), and one has 12.

Is this a glitch/cheat, or did Turn 10 sneak a couple more in for us?
9 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error