This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
13 Pages<<7891011>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#201 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:30:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post
Back to my bed for me. Can't run anything in this state. I wouldn't wish this flu on my worst enemy!

Get well soon Moss! Thanks for getting the results up and well done to the winners!
15/15 = 93%
 1 user liked this post.
#202 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:54:21 PM(UTC)
Hate to hear you're hurtin'. Feel better soon, brother!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 4 users liked this post.
#203 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 2:34:16 PM(UTC)
Thanks for organising guys and well done to all the winners!

Feels it’s getting serious with the Colossus. I’ve started with what felt a fairly pedestrian 5.49 in the Viper - only good enough for 195th in the LB. I have no other qualifying car tuned to A class currently. Don’t know the cars in this class well at all so have skimmed through and there are only two of the cars in this category ahead of that time, so feels we may be looking for a hidden gem! Edit - ok 3 cars quicker - hadn’t realised one of them was hiding under a slightly different name.

Get well soon Moss!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:06:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#204 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 7:44:07 PM(UTC)
I'm having trip across UK until 2 weeks later so I will probably try focus more on tuning than racing when i happen to play a bit on laptop (and also try collect the cool livery once i return home)

Wish you well Moss.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 16, 2019 7:45:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

i5-6600K@4.78GHz
GTX 1080@2100MHz core/10786MHz
2X8GB Hyper X DDR4@2545MHz 15-16-16-30-401-1T
Mobo: Z170-D3H(F4 BIOS,F5 BadOC)

#205 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 2:09:49 AM(UTC)
5:40.741 - 02 Corvette - tuned shared 👍
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
 2 users liked this post.
#206 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:09:58 AM(UTC)
Back to my bed for me. Can't run anything in this state. I wouldn't wish this flu on my worst enemy!

Had my jab last weekend, the flu’s nasty - hope it doesn’t last too long.

Originally Posted by: Wan Ge 1 Go to Quoted Post
5:40.741 - 02 Corvette - tuned shared 👍

Nice! Will give that a try at some point.
Meanwhile an opening gambit of 5:52.719, first clean run, ‘99 Dodge Viper.…

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
 1 user liked this post.
#207 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:24:10 PM(UTC)

5:36.069 in the '02 Vette.

No "pro line" at the turn going uphill ... yet ;)
#208 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 7:54:59 PM(UTC)
Current PB in the Viper is 5:38.238

Tune is by Breeminator by the way, definitely more in it if I can sort out a couple of lefts, specifically the turn after the water and also be braver in that section leading to the final turn. Won’t be able to get on til early hours Saturday though.

FH4 / FH3
#209 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:41:53 PM(UTC)
My 5.34.6 is also using Breeminator’s tune. Just the 21 seconds behind GReddy - shouldn’t take me too long to close that!
#210 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 3:03:00 AM(UTC)
Anyone got any paint jobs they want to advertise/recommend I apply to any of the cars in this by the way? I seem to have a collection of very bland looking cars currently so could do with brightening a few of them up!
#211 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 4:55:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone got any paint jobs they want to advertise/recommend I apply to any of the cars in this by the way? I seem to have a collection of very bland looking cars currently so could do with brightening a few of them up!

I should have a quite a few. I know I've painted every one of these cars, some several times. I'll make sure things are shared but take a look see. Might be something ya like, might not be. Lol

Edited by user Friday, October 18, 2019 4:55:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#212 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 6:46:29 AM(UTC)
Moss, I was just wondering if you'd considered running one of these events on a custom route, provided it was solid enough by whatever standards? Or perhaps something from one of the expansions?
 1 user liked this post.
#213 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 11:27:46 AM(UTC)
Got myself back ahead Haul Marc in the Viper. Felt I was very near my limit there though. I see I’m now just over a second behind the quickest Viper time recorded and I think that sort of time would be my absolute limit with this tune. Have the feeling anything below 5.30 is going to require a RWD option of some sort.

Also, unless I’m going mad, Reddy’s time seems to be a bit wrong in the HLC LB (although his ranking is right).

Edited by user Friday, October 18, 2019 11:30:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#214 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 3:11:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Moss, I was just wondering if you'd considered running one of these events on a custom route, provided it was solid enough by whatever standards? Or perhaps something from one of the expansions?

I'm not sure that custom routes would work too well, since there are no associated leaderboards. Every time would have to be validated by screenshot, which is a shame.

I'd be more than happy to include a route in one of the expansions if all our drivers have the necessary DLC. Let us know if you have Fortune Island everyone, the next time you post.
#215 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 3:12:46 PM(UTC)
Thanks for all the good wishes everyone. I'm feeling much better today, and starting to get back up to speed :D
#216 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 4:05:59 PM(UTC)
Got myself back ahead Haul Marc in the Viper. Felt I was very near my limit there though. I see I’m now just over a second behind the quickest Viper time recorded and I think that sort of time would be my absolute limit with this tune. Have the feeling anything below 5.30 is going to require a RWD option of some sort.

Also, unless I’m going mad, Reddy’s time seems to be a bit wrong in the HLC LB (although his ranking is right).

nice Jezza! i thought my run would last more than a couple of hours :D

gonna need to find some time. i was definitely slow getting on and off the highway
 2 users liked this post.
#217 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 5:00:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post

I'm not sure that custom routes would work too well, since there are no associated leaderboards. Every time would have to be validated by screenshot, which is a shame.

I'd be more than happy to include a route in one of the expansions if all our drivers have the necessary DLC. Let us know if you have Fortune Island everyone, the next time you post.

Ohhhh, right, no leaderboard...duh! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yes to both expansions; should someone participating not have it, perhaps run it alongside the primary UK event as unofficial bonus for extra swagger?
 1 user liked this post.
#218 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 2:15:28 AM(UTC)
Down to 5.32.2 clean and managed to mess up a much quicker one right at the end - rewound and would have been a 5.31.4. That would be my absolute limit though as that run (until I tapped the wall!) was as good as I can drive that course.
 1 user liked this post.
#219 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 2:43:04 AM(UTC)
Yeah you definately want to go RWD on this track, AWD just has no chance
#220 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 2:43:31 AM(UTC)
I think we’ve been running at the same time Jezza, every time I improved I checked the leaderboard and you’d increased the gap! 😏

I’m very happy with my Saturday session though, new PB stands at 5:33.634 - a little scruffy in a couple of places and I think I can get into the 32’s but I’m running close to my limit.

Anyone got any paint jobs they want to advertise/recommend I apply to any of the cars in this by the way?

Currently running a paint that I resurrected from FM4.
I had a Lemmy tribute ‘99 Dodge Viper GTS featured back in December and I also planned to do a footy series but never went further than Man. Utd & Aršenal which are in my Hub. Other than that, nothing from me in this car type (although typically I had a few ideas that I never got round to painting).

Edited by user Saturday, October 19, 2019 2:46:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH4 / FH3
 1 user liked this post.
#221 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 4:59:34 AM(UTC)
Yep I’m running the Lemmy paint on the Dodge currently - very nice job! Have one of Zepp’s on the Corvette but haven’t quite got the pace with that car at the moment. Best I’ve done is a 5.34.
#222 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 5:40:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post

I should have a quite a few. I know I've painted every one of these cars, some several times. I'll make sure things are shared but take a look see. Might be something ya like, might not be. Lol

I have a couple '93 Mustangs, a Charming PD cop car (to go with the Barrett Jackson Bronco that's a tribute of Hale's Bronco) for the Crown Vic, at least 1 ZR1s, a Regal, a Trans Am GTA and at least 1 Zo6 painted and shared. There were a couple that I hadn't shared yet but most have been there. More "street" than race, but that much more my flavor. Like I said before, may not be your cup of tea, but they're there.

If theres something you guys dig, just want a different color or something, we can prolly make it happen. I'm down to 800k credits (why that stupid "being able to sell for alot" stat means anything to me) but I'll be getting the Viper, hadn't bought one yet. Paint and tune something up.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#223 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 5:52:29 AM(UTC)
So, keep in mind y'all are in a different league than me, but should I be shooting for full on grip or build a rocket and try to hang on?

I've tried what is actually one of my favorite, just cruising around doing nothing cars in my '93 Cobra rwd procharger 530 (its shared) or so hp but no aero. It was fun but dirty, fast but tricky to hang on to in spots. Then I tried a couple others, finally got a clean lap with a Holden awd, 380 or so hp, 2400lbs and crazy grippy. Just not "fast".

And not making excuses but my "newest" couple year old controller's clutch/left shoulder button broke off last weekend so now I'm running an older controller that's been Forza-ed so much the rubber is gone from the left analog stick, lol. So at some point a new controller is coming... so watch out! Haha!!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#224 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 8:00:14 AM(UTC)
Either way, I am having a pretty good time with some RWD hotrods. I built and shared a Regal and rebuilt the Foxbody ('93 Mustang) with an LS swap and put aero on it. I have a hard time with some of these cars only having that dang wing!

Anyway, both are fast and fun. I certainly don't do them justice but my best, clean, is in the Mustang at 6:00.460. I've got a long way to go, but I will bring that down. I'm still learning the track.

Let me know what ya think if you try anything!

On the subject of paints, I highly recommend following KoolIROCZ1967 and AlienatedElm42. Both do incredible work and have several liveries for these cars.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#225 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 8:51:26 AM(UTC)
Down to 5.32.2 clean and managed to mess up a much quicker one right at the end - rewound and would have been a 5.31.4. That would be my absolute limit though as that run (until I tapped the wall!) was as good as I can drive that course.

GREAT job Jezza! I chased you down last night in the '02 Vette, yet, I am getting to my limit as well. That Viper is FAST! I had to depend on my braking to gain time during the braking/turns.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
13 Pages<<7891011>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error