This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
13 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#101 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2019 11:41:14 PM(UTC)
Into 2:11 range with my own AWD drag Countach. Tune shared.

Now at the stage of making RWD drag Countach and AWD drag Esprit

Edited by user Tuesday, September 24, 2019 1:00:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

i5-6600K@4.78GHz
GTX 1080@2100MHz core/10786MHz
2X8GB Hyper X DDR4@2545MHz 15-16-16-30-401-1T
Mobo: Z170-D3H(F4 BIOS,F5 BadOC)

#102 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 1:23:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TDU1PlatinumMod Go to Quoted Post

I'm keen to give them a try - I tried an earlier Countach tune but after it leapt off the line I really struggled with it... but another great battle unfolding at the top though :)
15/15 = 93%
#103 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 1:42:03 AM(UTC)
Great time Platinum 👍. Bar that one guy who seems to have found a way to be 3 seconds quicker than anyone else, you must be very near the lead.
#104 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 1:46:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smoke5495 Go to Quoted Post

I'm keen to give them a try - I tried an earlier Countach tune but after it leapt off the line I really struggled with it... but another great battle unfolding at the top though :)

Assuming you were using Rocklxd’s one, I think it requires a fair bit of practice. The braking points are so much earlier than those of most other cars and the cornering feels really sluggish initially. I got it down into the low 16s but wasn’t doing it justice (as shown by the many seconds gap to the two leaders).
#105 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:22:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Assuming you were using Rocklxd’s one, I think it requires a fair bit of practice. The braking points are so much earlier than those of most other cars and the cornering feels really sluggish initially. I got it down into the low 16s but wasn’t doing it justice (as shown by the many seconds gap to the two leaders).

Yes it was that one, and found exactly the same. I remember spending many hours trying to drive the insanely fast hovercrafts that were built in H3 for the HLC's... how they used to be manhandled around the tracks in the times they did was beyond me! I'm better accepting my limitations and trying to get the best out of a more stable build I think. I'm amazed I'm holding on to the #4 spot still :)
15/15 = 93%
 1 user liked this post.
#106 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 5:52:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post

Yes it was that one, and found exactly the same. I remember spending many hours trying to drive the insanely fast hovercrafts that were built in H3 for the HLC's... how they used to be manhandled around the tracks in the times they did was beyond me! I'm better accepting my limitations and trying to get the best out of a more stable build I think. I'm amazed I'm holding on to the #4 spot still :)

I'm being far too conservative with my full grip builds. I can't see me getting into the 16s without a change, although low 17s are possible but requiring an almost perfect run.

I'll give Platinum's Countach a run later tonight, but fear the worst.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 24, 2019 5:53:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#107 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 11:59:08 PM(UTC)
I gave it a try last night but was unable to adjust my driving enough to get anywhere close to my existing time. Back in the EB110 I managed one quicker but dirty run, so beginning to think the chances of improving are now pretty slim!

One thing that was getting really annoying was a seemingly invisible obstacle just after the first few bends and the 90 degree corner... too many times I was ahead of my normal pace and got thrown into the walls. I haven't bothered checking what it is, but have others noticed this too?
15/15 = 93%
#108 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 12:24:34 AM(UTC)
Broke through 2:11 with RWD drag Countach. Tune shared.

Gears not tuned for general use and car tops out at sub 340km/h. Recommend using 3rd gear in slow corners to avoid wheelspin especially if u on keyboard/controller. I'll share another version with longer final drive but it will be slower on Edinburgh.

I probably wouldn't share drag Esprit as it's very close to Countach but not quite there.

Edited by user Thursday, September 26, 2019 12:35:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

i5-6600K@4.78GHz

1 user liked this post.
#109 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 2:16:27 AM(UTC)
I gave it a try last night but was unable to adjust my driving enough to get anywhere close to my existing time. Back in the EB110 I managed one quicker but dirty run, so beginning to think the chances of improving are now pretty slim!

One thing that was getting really annoying was a seemingly invisible obstacle just after the first few bends and the 90 degree corner... too many times I was ahead of my normal pace and got thrown into the walls. I haven't bothered checking what it is, but have others noticed this too?

Yeah, it’s just after the tight left hander - 2nd real corner. If you are on the right side of the track something will throw you offline. It’s just far enough after the corner though that you can exit wide right and get back across to the left before hitting it. No idea what it is - assume it’s basically an invisible bump in the road - but it’s wrecked quite a few runs for me! Got into the 2.14s and can squeeze out a few more tenths in the GT but don’t think I can get it into the 2.13s.
#110 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 7:13:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MIDNYTE DUBH Go to Quoted Post
BMW M1 2:18.906 with a few more tenths left in it…

Actually only managed a 2:18.839 with Zepp’s M1 in the end, could’ve been a few tenths faster but I messed up a gear change on that final short straight 😤

Hadn’t been on since Sunday, tried yesterday and gave up after getting loads of random achievements popping up and the game kept freezing. Did manage to check the leaderboards though, some unbelievable times have been set 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 I had a very quick go at Rocklxd & Platinum’s tunes for the Countach before I switched off on Sunday and just couldn’t get my head around them, LoL!

Also had one quick run in each of the tunes I downloaded for the Ford GT and the Esprit, all of which looked quicker than the M1 - which is handy as I’m slipping down the list....

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#111 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 11:13:00 AM(UTC)
Aside the graphical enhacements - are quicker times possible with the xbox one x over the xbox one?

I got no idea on these frame rate things - will a better frame rate give me more information so to speak?

any help appreciated. :)
 1 user liked this post.
#112 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 3:06:09 AM(UTC)
Best i got is a 2:19.840 with the EB110
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
 2 users liked this post.
#113 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 12:31:43 PM(UTC)
Well, I haven't been on as much as I'd hoped but I have really been happy these are back. I've built and shared a few cars;
- BMW M1
- 2 Saleen S7s
- Testarosa, had to go Miami Vice, lol
- an R390
- Countach
- Lotus Esprit S1, the Bond one
- and a handful RWD F40
Theres a few paint jobs in there as well.

As far as my time, I haven't found anything I enjoy driving more than my M1, so I threw on a new paintjob and ran a few laps. Down to "2:23.412 BMW M1, my tune".

Hoping to put a little more heat on ya Rob! I was right there with you at the end, but hitting a light pole on that last corner was worth 4 tenths. Lol!

Thank all of ya that gave my M1, or anything, a run! I do really appreciate it!

Edited by user Friday, September 27, 2019 12:32:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#114 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 7:59:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
Hoping to put a little more heat on ya Rob! I was right there with you at the end, but hitting a light pole on that last corner was worth 4 tenths. Lol!

Nice running Zepp. Had a few days away so going to get back into it over the next couple before it changes on Wednesday.
 1 user liked this post.
#115 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 9:32:37 AM(UTC)
Built and shared a 360 Stradale, have a new best time of just a tick past hansonalanrob, at 2:22.876. It's a way sloppy run, that car has alot left in it. I'm just not a consistant enough driver yet.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#116 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 9:39:02 AM(UTC)

Current PB, 2:18.038 Lotus Esprit tuned by Forzamaster4790 (READY PLAYER ONE design by SnakeEyes Friex) 🙂
So close to breaking into the 17’s - going to try out IMuecke’s tune as well.......

FH4 / FH3
 1 user liked this post.
#117 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 11:05:07 AM(UTC)
Built and shared a 360 Stradale, have a new best time of just a tick past hansonalanrob, at 2:22.876. It's a way sloppy run, that car has alot left in it. I'm just not a consistant enough driver yet.

I'll have to have a run with your 360 as it was the 1st car I tried, but couldn't keep it straight when applying the power (too much right finger).
 1 user liked this post.
#118 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 12:01:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post

I'll have to have a run with your 360 as it was the 1st car I tried, but couldn't keep it straight when applying the power (too much right finger).

Have run your 360 and set consistent time a couple of tenths slower than our times so changed back to the Ford GT and improved to 2:22.009. Sorry Zepp 😀

Edited by user Saturday, September 28, 2019 12:02:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#119 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 2:47:16 PM(UTC)

Have run your 360 and set consistent time a couple of tenths slower than our times so changed back to the Ford GT and improved to 2:22.009. Sorry Zepp 😀

Changed some gearing, passed ya up again sir! V2 is shared.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#120 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2019 12:18:03 AM(UTC)

Current PB, 2:18.038 Lotus Esprit tuned by Forzamaster4790 (READY PLAYER ONE design by SnakeEyes Friex) 🙂
So close to breaking into the 17’s - going to try out IMuecke’s tune as well.......

I've just shared Drag Esprit if any1 prefer that car than Countach/EB110 and likes a challenge. Few tenths off from RWD drag Countach pace in my dirty attempts.

Edited by user Sunday, September 29, 2019 12:36:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

i5-6600K@4.78GHz

1 user liked this post.
#121 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2019 2:57:42 AM(UTC)
Tried Zepp’s 360 tune. I think it’s a very similar pace to his M1. Did 2.18.4 in it and could possibly push a few more tenths. Very nice drive - handles beautifully.
 2 users liked this post.
#122 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2019 3:19:13 AM(UTC)
I've just shared Drag Esprit if any1 prefer that car than Countach/EB110 and likes a challenge. Few tenths off from RWD drag Countach pace in my dirty attempts.

I’m not sure I’ve got the skills to manage these drag tunes but I might give that one a try if I get time. Currently running the Ford GT and have a new PB of 2:17.037 - tuned by Wan Ge 1 👍🏾

FH4 / FH3
#123 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2019 4:29:21 AM(UTC)

Am I right in thinking I’d need to switch from M to MC to get the best out of the EB110? I can’t find a way to go quicker than 2.17 in it having tried various tunes and done a bit of playing around. No obvious better builds I can see and the stronger tunes seem to have a gearbox that has a large lag in manual. The RWD Countach has a very similar gearing issue for me - although it is a great drive in RWD.

In short, i don’t currently think I can improve my Ford GT time in anything else. Will have a look at the Esprit drag tune later though.
#124 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2019 5:39:18 AM(UTC)
If clutch shifting isn't used then Ford GT and AWD drag Countach might be best bet. Drag Esprit would come close to these 2.

Other remaining cars (except EB110) I personally managed 2:13-2:14 range ..... only after countless rewinds :P

Edited by user Sunday, September 29, 2019 5:41:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

i5-6600K@4.78GHz

#125 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 2:39:36 AM(UTC)
Thanks Platinum. That matches my results - those are the three cars I’ve been quickest in. Ran 2.16.0 in the Esprit and 2.16.1 in the AWD Countach, so still both a long way off my time in the GT (although the Esprit run was, for me, near flawless given how tricky that car is and the Countach one wasn’t). Dont think I’ve broken 2.17 in anything else.

Will stick to the Ford GT if I get a chance to do any more runs over the next couple of days. The time above mine on the overall LB is also in a Ford GT - a tantalising 0.2 seconds ahead - so my aim is to get past that!
13 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error