This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
13 Pages<<10111213PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#276 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 3:18:10 PM(UTC)
I switched to the AMC Javelin and managed 8:12.960.

I took your advice Jezza and built it AWD. The amount of off-road excursions certainly provide an advantage over RWD builds.

Setup shared if anyone wants to give it a try. I called it Marathon. It should be capable of running well under 8:10, which I've had dirty on several occasions.

Whoever it was in Playground Games that decided to include randon traffic in Street Rivals should get the sack. What happened to the idea of providing a level playing field for Rivals events!
#277 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 3:25:57 PM(UTC)

Edited by user Sunday, November 3, 2019 4:50:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Every train needs a caboose, right?
#278 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 12:30:39 AM(UTC)
Pleased with 2nd place in Tier 2 last time out, although I was a fair way behind the top spot, and also happy to claim 5th overall. Congrats to the winners as usual some fantastic times set 👍🏾

Just had a few attempts at this week’s and finding it a complete nightmare… appropriately!!! Initial run was 8:59.840 dirty in a random tuned GTO Judge - I’m not sure if I’ll have the patience to achieve a clean lap 🥴

Edited by user Saturday, November 2, 2019 12:31:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
 1 user liked this post.
#279 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 1:08:42 AM(UTC)
Ok, I just managed a clean lap, unsurprisingly slower but still - 9:05.145
I’ve had to switch it off before I completely destroy the room, LoL! My last run I was miles in front of my ghost, 87% completed and got utterly shafted with traffic on both sides of the road 🤬 that for a game of soldiers!!!

FH4 / FH3
#280 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 1:50:20 AM(UTC)
Lol Midnyte - the traffic has been particularly annoying for me as well last night and this morning. Been running the 70 Z28 and knew it was quick but kept running into cars on blind corners. Finally managed a clean run in 8.02 which still required me to dive off track into a wall to avoid a car. Based on that, it’s clearly capable of running somewhere very close to 8.00 flat.

Will try your Javelin tune Moss. Does look very quick from having a few goes against your ghost.

Edit - ok, the Javelin tune is quick. Ran an 8.00 dirtied by bouncing off a car on a blind corner - will have cost me a second or two. Once I get a clean run in it I should set a new pb.

Edited by user Saturday, November 2, 2019 2:10:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#281 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 3:11:17 AM(UTC)
Had some early morning fun getting "the General" out for some street racing fun. I shared the tune, it's still rwd, although it sounds like AWD is becoming the better choice, but it's got the hellcat swap kicked up a notch. I've got my best, but there alot left in it. I keep hitting either a car after a blind curve or dodging a car and hitting a tree being off line.

Best clean so far, 8.36.650 '69 Charger RWD 840hp, 5 spd

Fun car, I've got a couple paintjobs shared for it.

Haven't gone offroad yet, that's coming soon, ...along with AWD.

Edited by user Saturday, November 2, 2019 3:11:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 3 users liked this post.
#282 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 4:03:36 AM(UTC)
7.59.213 in Moss’s Javelin. Great tune 👍. Took me a full hour of pain to finally break 8.00 clean - without traffic messing my lines up (when not actively dirtying my lap!) think I could do a 7.55. Going to give this a break for a while now though as breaking 8 was my target and it feels im taking about 10 attempts to get a clean run!
#283 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 4:50:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
7.59.213 in Moss’s Javelin. Great tune 👍. Took me a full hour of pain to finally break 8.00 clean - without traffic messing my lines up (when not actively dirtying my lap!) think I could do a 7.55. Going to give this a break for a while now though as breaking 8 was my target and it feels im taking about 10 attempts to get a clean run!

Outstanding Jezza. I’m pretty sure that time is beyond my ability. I’ll give you a follow tonight though to see where I can improve my lines 😀👍
#284 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 8:06:26 AM(UTC)
So, quick question. Can any of you guys point me to the right thread for posting pics on here. I had it down using my PC a while ago, now really only have my phone. Didn't see anything new or phone/device specific. No big deal, just I'd like to be able to post a pic here and there.

Edited by user Saturday, November 2, 2019 8:07:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#285 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 8:26:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
So, quick question. Can any of you guys point me to the right thread for posting pics on here. I had it down using my PC a while ago, now really only have my phone. Didn't see anything new or phone/device specific. No big deal, just I'd like to be able to post a pic here and there.

The only way I know Zepp is by using the Flickr app. After uploading to Flickr, I copy and paste the 'url' link into the thread. But I'm sure there must be other ways.
 1 user liked this post.
#286 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2019 9:12:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
So, quick question. Can any of you guys point me to the right thread for posting pics on here.

The only way I know Zepp is by using the Flickr app. After uploading to Flickr, I copy and paste the 'url' link into the thread. But I'm sure there must be other ways.

Specifically using Flickr, it’s the BBCode you want (same with Photobucket) 😉

Some people use other apps like imgur but you need to use the [img] tabs and add .jpeg to your link in order for the pic to show on the forums.
** I think I once helped someone get their pic to show from their One Drive but I can’t remember exactly how to write the link - shouldn’t be too hard to work out though... I’ve been using my iPhone/iPad to post pics too as I haven’t owned a computer for years **

Edited by user Saturday, November 2, 2019 11:54:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH4 / FH3
 1 user liked this post.
#287 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 7:02:13 AM(UTC)
I’m pretty sure I couldn’t do that time Muecke has done in most A class cars! Great time. Nice to see a WR - just the small 22 second gap to the next best time!

Slightly improved my own time to 7.57.4 in a RWD Dart. Have run a 7.54 dirty so have a bit more time I may be able to find.
 1 user liked this post.
#288 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 4:32:29 AM(UTC)
8:16.797 - with a flying start and jezza's shortcut vid 👍👍
still in the 70's Vette
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
 1 user liked this post.
#289 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 5:00:32 AM(UTC)
Down to 7.42 clean in the Rebel. Also ran a 7.32 dirty so its got even more potential. Don’t think it’s quite enough to catch Muecke though. He doesn’t appear to make any mistake and he’s still going away from me on the straights. My 7.32 with a couple of rewinds didn’t have another 7 seconds in it.

Don’t think I will have another go now until the weekend as have had enough of hitting traffic!

Edited by user Monday, November 4, 2019 5:01:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#290 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 5:07:38 AM(UTC)
Where can i find this shortcut vid?
#291 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 5:19:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTP Titan Go to Quoted Post

It’s uploaded to Xbox live. Just sent it to you by message.
#292 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 7:03:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GTP Titan Go to Quoted Post

It’s uploaded to Xbox live. Just sent it to you by message.

Thank you

2 users liked this post.
#293 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2019 1:39:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wan Ge 1 Go to Quoted Post
…with a flying start and jezza's shortcut vid…

8:27.241 still in the Judge GTO… getting a little more respectable 😏

FH4 / FH3
 1 user liked this post.
#294 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2019 10:02:10 PM(UTC)
8:04.918 in the AMC Javelin, using Moss' tune.
 2 users liked this post.
#295 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 4:49:02 AM(UTC)
Finally got round to giving this a go this weekend... haven’t managed a clean run yet, that damn traffic! I don’t want a dirty lap to be my final time so not completed a run yet but hope to before the day is out... kudos to you guys on the board!

Edit: FINALLY! A clean lap! 8:11.692 using Thumby’s Rebel tune 👍🏻

Edited by user Sunday, November 10, 2019 10:00:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

15/15 = 93%
 3 users liked this post.
#296 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 7:19:26 PM(UTC)
*Finally,* a clean lap! At about 75-80% of thee way through, I keep losing focus and start gazing/staring off into space while racing and wind up T-boning into some extremely sturdy and very well-rooted trees... 😵🌲🤕

1968 Ford Mustang GT 2+2 Fastback • 08:28.709

Edited by user Tuesday, November 12, 2019 4:14:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Every train needs a caboose, right?
#297 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 11:46:08 AM(UTC)
Got back from hols yesterday and managed to improve a little bit... apart from a dirty 8:16.xxx mostly it was just more of the same frustration with the traffic 🤨
(Forgot to say I’ve got the Fortune Island expansion)
** Final PB - 8:22.603 in a Moss tuned Javelin **

FH4 / FH3
 3 users liked this post.
#298 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:00:42 PM(UTC)
Fair to say that PG should remove the random traffic from Street Race Rivals events, this did not go well. My apologies to gtFOOTw, who gave it a try but didn't manage a clean run. I'm surprised there weren't more.

iMuecke showed us once again how it can be done if you are both an excellent driver, and a PC user. The time advantage is magnified on tracks of this length to the point of embarassment, but well done Jezza for getting within 27 seconds.

Jezza14 and xxJ0n4Th0Nxx took the remaining podium spots, both in AMCs.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Congratulations to our winners:

Tier 1 Winner: iMuecke wins a paint for his 1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z28.

Tier 2 Winner: HLR Moss

Tier 3 Winner: Squryl wins a paint for his 1968 Ford Mustang GT 2+2 Fastback.

Tuner's Prize: HLR Moss.

To claim your paint, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab it. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

It is with regret that we have decided not to run any more H4 events for a while.

The main reasons for this are:
- that the fortnightly format is in our opinion too long leading to a loss of momentum;
- that H4 rivals do not provide a level playing field;
- that our H4 driver numbers are shrinking;
- that our FM7 events are proving far more popular;
- that it would be impractical to attempt to run weekly events on both games simultaneously.

We may give it another try next year but for the time being we will revert to running weekly events on FM7. Everyone is welcome to join us there. Thanks to everyone that supported us.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:01:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#299 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 2:38:27 PM(UTC)
Cheers for running the events guys. Enjoyed all of them - although agree this one would definitely be so much better with fixed traffic. Great work 👍.
 2 users liked this post.
#300 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 3:15:43 PM(UTC)
Fair do’s Moss, appreciated you guys running this 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

FH4 / FH3
13 Pages<<10111213PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error