13 Pages<<910111213PrevNext
#251 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 1:57:34 PM(UTC)
Not sure about the tunes as of yet but I know theres plenty of paint jobs I've shared for all of these rides!

Congrats to all you fast folks! I gave AWD a few runs but RWD was my fastest...well MY fastest, which yes is crazy slow. But yeah, my rwd vette was my best run. Looking forward to this next event for sure.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#252 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 2:16:11 PM(UTC)
Just checked my classic muscle collection. Noted:

1. I have no cars in this class currently tuned to B700;
2. Of the 33 cars I own which are eligible (I don’t have the JB one), 18 are marked “new”.

This could be a learning process for me...
 1 user liked this post.
#253 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 3:38:01 PM(UTC)
Started with the Hemi Cuda BJ edition and downloaded a random tune. No idea if this car is any good but I’ve ran a 8.28.5 which is good enough for 15th on the LB, with 4 Track Tor’s, 5 Civic 97s and not a lot else ahead of me. I’m going to assume that’s a decent start!
#254 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 3:43:23 PM(UTC)
My first laps, sighting laps if you will, were in my '67 Chevellr, rwd 6.2. I shared the tune. I really was surprised by the car. I could have been alot faster but wanted at least one clean lap, started driving overly careful towards the end, lol.

Actually, I did build a 957hp rwd monster '77 T/A, a little rough, lol.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#255 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 5:12:54 PM(UTC)
I started with the '69 Mustang Boss. The random traffic is driving me mad at the moment. It is so difficult to get a clean fast run. Eventually I managed to remember where the main problem areas are, and got a clean run in just behind you Jezza, in 8:24.471

I'll give this car a few more runs tomorrow before switching cars. There are so many great cars amongst this bunch, I'm spoilt for choice :D

My Mustang build was a fairly conservative 421 hp, 421 ft-lb, 2598 lbs, with SHAB stats of 6.7 6.0 5.9 7.6 5.4.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 30, 2019 5:17:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#256 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 5:22:04 PM(UTC)
Yeah, I’m also having traffic difficulties. Ran an 8.17 in the 70 Corvette but narrowly scrapped a wall near the end to avoid a mini, so dirtied it. Not going to run again tonight but felt I should be able to repeat that sort of time relatively easily.
#257 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 5:31:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post

Haulmarc/Kid - any chance of sharing your tunes now the competition has finished? Just interested to see if I can go any better with those.

No problem! I actually had not been checking in as often, and, forgot your earlier request. To me it's not about the event, so, no worries! I just run against myself....lol...

Will share it after a run.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#258 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 5:36:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

The random traffic is driving me mad at the moment. It is so difficult to get a clean fast run.

Yeah, I’m also having traffic difficulties.

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH.............Moss, what did you do to us! I'll be lucky if I get a CLEAN one before the event is over...lol...

They are driving me INSANE!

4 laps dirtied coming uphill toward finish line.

PRKid

DIRTY 8:22.972

Edited by user Wednesday, October 30, 2019 8:26:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#259 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 1:15:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post

Haulmarc/Kid - any chance of sharing your tunes now the competition has finished? Just interested to see if I can go any better with those.

No problem! I actually had not been checking in as often, and, forgot your earlier request. To me it's not about the event, so, no worries! I just run against myself....lol...

Will share it after a run.

PRKid

Cheers PRKid 👍.

I’ve managed a clean 8.15.9 on this one now in the 69 Camaro. AWD build interestingly.

#260 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:04:27 AM(UTC)

I’ve managed a clean 8.15.9 on this one now in the 69 Camaro. AWD build interestingly.

GREAT job!........👍

DJ Saoco
#261 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 10:43:22 AM(UTC)
I finally managed to get a CLEAN lap....so, very, very HAPPY about that! ✅

'70 Vette @ 8:19.133 ( I am sure there is a lot of time left with proper HELP from the traffic! ...😂....)

PRKid
p.s. Also ran a Dirty 8:11.961 (in '69 Chevy SS) in a "test run".

Edited by user Thursday, October 31, 2019 10:47:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#262 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 12:45:16 PM(UTC)
So um, how do you get a flying start?
#263 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 12:48:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gtFOOTw Go to Quoted Post
So um, how do you get a flying start?

Reverse at the outset and turn around. Ignore the time on screen as it only actually starts to record time properly when you cross a point slightly after you start.
 1 user liked this post.
#264 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 12:53:02 PM(UTC)
The 69 Camaro is capable of a time in the low 8.00s. My current time of 8.12 is quite flawed - basically fell off a hill on one corner by braking too late. Had two further runs when I was up on the 8.06 Track Tor time by a couple of seconds and made errors just before the final straight.

Edit - down to 8.06.1 and into the top 5. Three Track Tor’s and a Civic ahead but gaps are HUGE! Felt I spent more time on the grass than the track in the second half of that run but seemed to maintain speed anyway. Will have another few runs.

Edited by user Thursday, October 31, 2019 1:21:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#265 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 2:47:41 PM(UTC)

down to 8.06.1 and into the top 5.

..........👍

DJ Saoco
#266 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 1:47:09 AM(UTC)
Had a few more runs last night but was very much suffering from traffic appearing on blind corners. Eventually managed a slightly improved run in the Camaro at 8.05.2 but think there is still a bit more time left in it.

Also had a couple of runs in the Dodge Challenger and my best was an 8.05.9 in that. Felt that was closer to its maximum potential though.

Both cars are with random tunes I downloaded - not from tuners I’ve used before i don’t think. If anyone wants the names let me know. For what it’s worth, my criteria for selecting tunes was a minimum of 7.1 speed, handling of at least 5.3 and then the best acceleration stats I could see - plucking figures from the air but seems to be giving me drivable cars with sufficient speed to be competitive. Both are AWD versions.
 2 users liked this post.
#267 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 2:27:33 AM(UTC)
Finally avoiding the traffic - 8:33.614 - with the 70 Corvette 👍
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
#268 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 2:33:32 AM(UTC)
Ok, here I am, admittedly the slowest of us. I'm just curious, as far as keeping things somewhat on an even playing field (I know, its Horizon) but so things are somewhat even or at least close with these flying starts, what speed are you starting your laps at, or how far back are you starting your run?

Thats a little thing, along with avoiding random traffic that's going to make this event a very difficult event to get true times. Again, I AM the slowest, but I'd like to have at least a shot. Knowing what to shoot for crossing the start line would help. Also, are there "off road/course" shortcuts that you all end up taking on these? That typically I'm too far behind to see you guys taking.

I'm not going AWD yet, I'm soaking up as much RWD as I can while it's still relevant.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#269 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 3:10:43 AM(UTC)
Hi Zepp

In relation to the start, I tend to go back to the enclave that contains a fruit sellers stall on the left and then accelerate from there - probably hitting the start line at about 115mph. I don’t think there Is too much benefit in going back much further as the first right corner is very shortly after the start and can only be taken at about 105/110mph in these cars.

There is one major shortcut on this course that I’m aware of about midway through. It’s quite hard to describe in words though! After you go down the long straight (with the reservoir on your left), you then take a tight right hander followed by the sweeping left then right turns. There is then quite a technical section which is also the ending to the Reservoir Run Street race. After the first left and right in that section, you can cut across the course and head straight for the next checkpoint, before briefly getting back on the track to make a checkpoint and then cutting across the course to another checkpoint. There’s some risk of bouncing off route or hitting traffic at the points you cut back onto the track but it’s substantially faster - I’d guess it cuts somewhere between 5-10 seconds off a time if done right. PR Kid uses it if you can stay close enough to follow him his current run to that point. Otherwise, I can probably upload a clip later for you to view.
#270 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 4:01:39 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the heads up on the routes, I'll have to see what's up and if I can hang with Kid on his run. I tend to have bad luck going off route, along with being pretty slow anyway, I'll prolly just man up and stay on the track. Not gonna light up the track leaderboards either way so, supposed it's one of those "is what it is" things.

But again, thanks for the info Jezza! Good luck everybody, have fun!

Edited by user Friday, November 1, 2019 6:16:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#271 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 5:39:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the heads up on the routes, I'll have to see what's up and if I can hang with Kid on his run. I tend to have bad luck going off route, along with being pretty slow anyway, I'll prolly just man up and stay on the track. Not gonna light up the track leaderboards either way so, supposed it's one of those "is what it is" things.

But again, tha is for the info Jezza! Good luck everybody, have fun!

In fairness Zepp, you are top 30 of over 300 who’ve attempted this track so that’s pretty good! Sure you will get even quicker with more runs as it’s a tricky course. I have the advantage of already having done a lot of S2 runs on it, so dodging the traffic in B class cars isn’t quite as painful! I’ll upload a clip or two later. There is a long shortcut with some risk and a shorter one with minimal risk.
#272 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 6:39:09 AM(UTC)
Cheers for organising chaps and great paints! Feels we all set our best times fairly early this time. Very little change this week

I think I have top 10 times in S2 and A class on Marathon. However, I have no knowledge of classic muscle cars in B class, so this should be interesting!

sure Jezza. i'm away now but i'll be back on mid next week. hit me up and i'll share it

#273 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 7:44:49 AM(UTC)

I'm just curious, as far as keeping things somewhat on an even playing field (I know, its Horizon) but so things are somewhat even or at least close with these flying starts, what speed are you starting your laps at, or how far back are you starting your run?

I am going up the ramp (street) somewhat near the finish line. I forgot the street name. There is a house at the "Y" intersection.

Based on following Jezza, I am slightly lower speed OTL.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#274 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 11:05:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: haulmarc Go to Quoted Post
Cheers for organising chaps and great paints! Feels we all set our best times fairly early this time. Very little change this week

I think I have top 10 times in S2 and A class on Marathon. However, I have no knowledge of classic muscle cars in B class, so this should be interesting!

sure Jezza. i'm away now but i'll be back on mid next week. hit me up and i'll share it

Cheers HM. Have a great break!

#275 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 2:43:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post

I'm just curious, as far as keeping things somewhat on an even playing field (I know, its Horizon) but so things are somewhat even or at least close with these flying starts, what speed are you starting your laps at, or how far back are you starting your run?

I am going up the ramp (street) somewhat near the finish line. I forgot the street name. There is a house at the "Y" intersection.

Based on following Jezza, I am slightly lower speed OTL.

PRKid

The street is Broadway A44, (Derwent Reservoir Dam)

DJ Saoco
13 Pages<<910111213PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error