This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
13 Pages<<89101112>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#226 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 10:25:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Down to 5.32.2 clean and managed to mess up a much quicker one right at the end - rewound and would have been a 5.31.4. That would be my absolute limit though as that run (until I tapped the wall!) was as good as I can drive that course.

GREAT job Jezza! I chased you down last night in the '02 Vette, yet, I am getting to my limit as well. That Viper is FAST! I had to depend on my braking to gain time during the braking/turns.

PRKid

The Corvette seems to have the slight edge in the faster corners - I can’t hold the same lines you do at the start. However, the Viper has a slight edge in acceleration in lower gears so I can open up a bit of a gap if I get the exit into the longer straights right. I’ve now run a clean 5.31.598 which I’ll struggle to significantly improve. Going to try some of the other cars and see if I can find something competitive.
 2 users liked this post.
#227 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 10:33:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
So, keep in mind y'all are in a different league than me, but should I be shooting for full on grip or build a rocket and try to hang on?

I've tried what is actually one of my favorite, just cruising around doing nothing cars in my '93 Cobra rwd procharger 530 (its shared) or so hp but no aero. It was fun but dirty, fast but tricky to hang on to in spots. Then I tried a couple others, finally got a clean lap with a Holden awd, 380 or so hp, 2400lbs and crazy grippy. Just not "fast".

And not making excuses but my "newest" couple year old controller's clutch/left shoulder button broke off last weekend so now I'm running an older controller that's been Forza-ed so much the rubber is gone from the left analog stick, lol. So at some point a new controller is coming... so watch out! Haha!!

It’s definitely a course for a power tune Zepp. The time to be made on the long straights is significant and there are no really intricate sections.
#228 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 11:44:45 AM(UTC)
I’ve now run a clean 5.31.598

....👍

DJ Saoco
#229 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 11:47:26 AM(UTC)
The Corvette seems to have the slight edge in the faster corners - I can’t hold the same lines you do at the start. However, the Viper has a slight edge in acceleration in lower gears so I can open up a bit of a gap if I get the exit into the longer straights right.

Spot on! Just gave it another quick run for a 5:31.498......certainly reaching the limit (maybe a couple of tenths available). And, I do not want to get into a "missile".

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#230 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 12:50:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
The Corvette seems to have the slight edge in the faster corners - I can’t hold the same lines you do at the start. However, the Viper has a slight edge in acceleration in lower gears so I can open up a bit of a gap if I get the exit into the longer straights right.

Spot on! Just gave it another quick run for a 5:31.498......certainly reaching the limit (maybe a couple of tenths available). And, I do not want to get into a "missile".

PRKid

Stop overtaking me 😉! 5.30.364...

I suspect that’s now the quickest AWD time in this car type. The Mustang and Impala just ahead of me both ran TCS for their times and the 1% crew in the Mustang at the top of the leaderboard must surely be running one of the RWD tunes with huge speed - missiles as you say.
 2 users liked this post.
#231 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 12:51:44 PM(UTC)
Using Wan's Corvette tune - 5:50.784

I also have both expansions if you want to use any other routes, can't remember what they look like though
#232 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 1:03:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post

I also have both expansions if you want to use any other routes, can't remember what they look like though

Try the tune by “NnJA NayroX” for the Corvette. I can go about 4 seconds quicker in it compared to Wan’s.

I also have both expansions.

#233 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 1:04:57 PM(UTC)
Nice run Rob, hopefully I can close that gap when I get back to playin'. I was going to give that Viper a try but got caught up in the Vette and Mustang, lol.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#234 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 1:13:01 PM(UTC)

Stop overtaking me 😉! 5.30.364...

I suspect that’s now the quickest AWD time in this car type.

Awesome run!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#235 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 1:49:53 PM(UTC)

Try the tune by “NnJA NayroX” for the Corvette. I can go about 4 seconds quicker in it compared to Wan’s.

Thanks for the tip Jezza, I'll try it later

Nice run Rob, hopefully I can close that gap when I get back to playin'. I was going to give that Viper a try but got caught up in the Vette and Mustang, lol.

Thanks Zepp. Took me ages to get a clean time. I'm sure you will catch up.

Prkid / Moss depending on how many other tier 4 runners you get this week, do you want to merge tier 3 & 4 together. Zepp what are your thoughts on this?
 1 user liked this post.
#236 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 2:25:20 PM(UTC)
Either way, I am having a pretty good time with some RWD hotrods. I built and shared a Regal and rebuilt the Foxbody ('93 Mustang) with an LS swap and put aero on it. I have a hard time with some of these cars only having that dang wing!

Anyway, both are fast and fun. I certainly don't do them justice but my best, clean, is in the Mustang at 6:00.460. I've got a long way to go, but I will bring that down. I'm still learning the track.

Let me know what ya think if you try anything!

On the subject of paints, I highly recommend following KoolIROCZ1967 and AlienatedElm42. Both do incredible work and have several liveries for these cars.

Ran a 5.43 in the Regal and a 5.48 in the Cobra (could knock a couple of seconds off the Cobra time I think). Both are really nice RWD drives but lack a bit of acceleration/top speed for this course. Will try them on some less speed based courses!
 1 user liked this post.
#237 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 5:52:31 PM(UTC)
5:34.668 in the Viper, with breeminator's tune.

Should be able to get some more off it, I'll try some different tunes and see how it goes. Didn't do as well with the HDT VK or the Corvette so far, but could be worth another go.
#238 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 7:16:14 PM(UTC)

Prkid / Moss depending on how many other tier 4 runners you get this week, do you want to merge tier 3 & 4 together. Zepp what are your thoughts on this?

I'm down for whatever!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#239 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2019 6:52:34 AM(UTC)

I'm down for whatever!

Let's see how many turn up :D
 1 user liked this post.
#240 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2019 7:38:11 AM(UTC)
5:38.038 - still in the 02 Corvette, V2 tune shared.

Moss, I have both Expansions 👍

Edited by user Monday, October 21, 2019 7:39:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
#241 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2019 1:24:56 PM(UTC)
Very nice time HM! 👍 Is that your own tune for the Viper? I’m not sure I can catch that time. Near error free and seem to have a slight acceleration edge on me.
#242 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:56:43 AM(UTC)
Hmm, may just be able to catch that time. Ran a dirty 5.29.6 last night and a couple of other runs which were on similar pace before I made the same bad error on an easy corner. Should definitely be able to do a clean time in the 5.29s if I have a concerted attempt at it when a bit more awake albeit 5.29.0 might still be beyond me.

If anyone wants to share one of the Corvette tunes I would be keen to try one - can’t find one currently that I can break 5.35 in!
#243 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 9:57:04 AM(UTC)
Very nice time HM! 👍 Is that your own tune for the Viper? I’m not sure I can catch that time. Near error free and seem to have a slight acceleration edge on me.

thx! i only run my own tunes. i think it has less accel but faster overall.

5:27.861 with still some opportunities to improve slightly

1 user liked this post.
#244 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:58:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: haulmarc Go to Quoted Post

thx! i only run my own tunes. i think it has less accel but faster overall.

5:27.861 with still some opportunities to improve slightly

That’s a great run. Down to 5.28.829 myself but that extra second is definitely beyond my driving with this tune.

#245 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:57:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: haulmarc Go to Quoted Post

5:27.861

Blimey! Definitely won’t be reaching those sorts of times, I had a session yesterday afternoon and only managed to improve by 2 tenths!!! 😏 I’ll keep plugging away in the Viper til the weekend, hopefully something will click, then I’ll see about switching cars.
Cheers for running the Lemmy paint Jezza, much appreciated mate 👍🏾

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#246 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 5:20:54 AM(UTC)
I've got a Zo6 Shared, 511hp and for me, feels nice. I don't know that it'd hang with what you guys are running or not but it's there if ya wanna give it a go.

I wanted to hopefully save someone, anyone, the trouble of buying that Street Outlaws the List game. I'm fully aware of all the red flags my heart ignored in my deep desire for a good drag racing game but WOW! I haven't played that bad of a game in ... well ever really. Just a huge swing and a miss, don't waste your money!

On the drag racing subject, that could have other race applications, I found a launch control thing I never knew about. If you do the "hold the e-brake, slowly adding gas to launch around the 2000rpm" thing, but while you hold that, push in the clutch as well (3rd pressed button) then quickly release and press the e-brake again, it will raise the launch rpm to what you want! I never knew about that and it's pretty sweet! I don't think it's a glitch, just one of those things they could have told people about. Maybe they did and I'm a little slow on the uptake. Cool either way.

I've been messing with that most of the morning, lol.

Edited by user Saturday, October 26, 2019 5:22:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#247 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2019 5:52:35 AM(UTC)
5:35.903
'02 Corvette
The GodRati0n's tune
No DLC installed
 3 users liked this post.
#248 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 1:04:21 PM(UTC)
I'm almost fully recovered from my flu bout, thank goodness.

Although there was a clear advantage to running a high powered RWD build on this track, only our winner GReddy295 seemed able to cope with it. The rest of us stuck with AWD setups where it was much easier to get the power down.

The most popular cars were the 1999 Dodge Viper, and the 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z06. The Viper had superior acceleration, but a lower top speed resulting in similar performance.

haulmarc, and Jezza14 took the remaining podium spots, both in Vipers, but almost 15 seconds behind Greddy's RWD Mustang.

Great driving everyone!

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Congratulations to our winners:

Tier 1 Winner: GReddy295 wins a paint for his 2000 Ford SVT Cobra R.

Tier 2 Winner: HLR PRKid wins a paint for his 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06.

Tier 3 Winner: GTP Titan wins a paint for his 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06.

Tier 4 Winner: hansonalanrob wins a paint for his 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06.

Tuner's Prize:
Due to the popuarity of setups shared by non-competitors, there is no qualifying Tuner's Prize for this event.

To claim your paint, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab it. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are switching to a long Street Race Rivals event. We hope you enjoy it!

Horizon 4 - Series 3, Event 5
B Class (B700 Max PI)
The Marathon
Restricted to any vehicle in the Classic Muscle Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 13th November.

Everyone welcome, but first timers compete in Tier 1 for their first event.
Simply post your times in this thread. But:
* Let us know if you use a PC.
* Let us know if you use a wheel.
* Let us know if you share a setup that others could try, or use a setup created by another driver
A Prize Livery for the fastest time in each Tier, and a Prize Livery for the Tuner whose setup places highest when run by another driver.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Classic Muscle cars
1970 AMC Rebel "The Machine"
1971 AMC Javelin AMX
1970 Buick GSX
1969 Chevrolet Nova SS 396
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe
1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 427
1966 Chevrolet Nova SS
1967 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396
1969 Chevrolet Nova SS 396 FE
1979 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1970 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454
1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1972 Chrysler VH Valiant Charger R/T E49
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1968 Dodge Dart Hemi Super Stock
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona Hemi
1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302
1968 Ford Mustang GT 2+2 Fastback
1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
1973 Ford XB Falcon GT
1972 Ford Falcon XA GT-H0
1973 Holden Monaro GTS 350
1977 Holden Torana A9X
1974 James Bond Edition AMC Hornet X Hatchback
1969 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442
1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda Convertible Barrett-Jackson Edition
1971 Plymouth Cuda 426 Hemi
1969 Pontiac GTO Judge
1965 Pontiac GTO
1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455

34 cars this time, and I guess most of you will have some favourites. This track is a 15.5 mile road circuit which ought to favour RWD builds. Time will tell, but it should be interesting.

Tip: Although you can only run 1 lap at a time, you can take advantage of a flying start by reversing or turning around to get a run at the start line.

3 users liked this post.
#249 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 1:05:33 PM(UTC)
Here are the "NEW" Tiers for Event 5. Buena Suerte!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, October 30, 2019 1:16:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#250 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 1:45:51 PM(UTC)
Cheers for organising chaps and great paints! Feels we all set our best times fairly early this time. Very little change this week

Haulmarc/Kid - any chance of sharing your tunes now the competition has finished? Just interested to see if I can go any better with those.

I think I have top 10 times in S2 and A class on Marathon. However, I have no knowledge of classic muscle cars in B class, so this should be interesting!
13 Pages<<89101112>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error