This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 2:55:16 PM(UTC)
Hi all,

Im pretty much a noob, playing for about a week and in the last few days i made decision to try master RWD cars with assists turned off except braking line. 2 days in and im not doing too bad i converted a focus to rwd and im racing at average / better than average level.

The focus helped loads it was slowish but now that ive moved on in the career im looking at a ranked cars, alot more power handles very differently, but that is not the problem. Im still taking the corners a little slow and controlled, sometimes miss the gears tho causing me to exit slower than the ai. But at least i can get around track now without spinning out.

Anyways, im gunna continue my quest to perfect rwd in a race setting however is there a good car or make/model of car that i should explore that would aid in progression. I guess you could say all of em but as im a newbie i dont wanna waste time hitting a high power high torque dodge where i spin out just on launch.

Thanks

#2 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 11:19:23 AM(UTC)
Really depends on what you're looking for performance-wise and what you enjoy driving. There's a world of difference between a classic Mustang and a modern one, and another world between those and a Porsche 911. If your goal is to improve your driving, try a few cars that strike your fancy, pick one or two that seem to work well with your driving, and go to town. As long as your attention is on improving your technique, almost anything will work. One caveat: I'd personally recommend driving the cars stock while you're working on your driving, as tuning/upgrading can have drastic (sometimes negative) effects on how a car behaves.

You mentioned Dodge: If you're a Mopar guy, give the '16 Viper ACR a shot. It's surprisingly driveable for how fast it is. Very neutral and forgiving. Should make for a good learning tool.

Notification

Icon
Error