This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages123>>Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:34:54 AM(UTC)
Porsche Cup - worst trial yet?
discuss
 4 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:38:42 AM(UTC)
first try, easy. AI was a bit vicious
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 9:43:37 AM(UTC)
I actually loved it! The S998 trials are actually my favorite. The pure speed and chaos of these events is beautiful <3
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:02:38 AM(UTC)
This Porsche one was not too terribly difficult compared to the muscle cars trial from fall, it was too unfair having that ramp eating front bumpers in the last race!
 4 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:07:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: L7A2 Go to Quoted Post
Porsche Cup - worst trial yet?
discuss

I have to say i thought it was pretty easy actually.......

First race was a pain with AI and my own team bashing it out but i managed to get around them and placed second.

Second and third race i came first. Racing a 2019 911 GT3 RS. The thing handled beautifully and i reckon was made for tracks like the ones thrown up for this Trial.

Gotta say though, i am a massive fan of the Trials. I usually do them about 30 times each season just to help others get reward.
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:10:54 AM(UTC)
easy thing, won every race with the 911 Carrera S 2019
got the 917LH in second try because the other players didn't well at my first try

use a well tuned car ;) or just try my tune :D

CJoke23

Edited by user Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:11:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:33:41 AM(UTC)
It was very easy even with stock porsche

If you or anyone can't win this trial, sorry to say, but you are a terrible player!
 3 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:38:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TNTNRX Go to Quoted Post

If you or anyone can't win this trial, sorry to say, but you are a terrible player!

It's a team effort, you know.
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:38:49 AM(UTC)

He may have been in a race like i just was where you had several idiots ramming team mates into the walls and just generally being idiots.

We still won though but not by much.

Luck of the draw i guess.
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:46:44 AM(UTC)
Which tracks are in this one? There was a Porsche trial a few weeks ago which I did multiple times so I already have a whole range of Porsches which should be very strong.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:48:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Legusta001 Go to Quoted Post

It's a team effort, you know.

yeah, i know but only 2 players can guarantee the victory most of the times

Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post

He may have been in a race like i just was where you had several idiots ramming team mates into the walls and just generally being idiots.

We still won though but not by much.

Luck of the draw i guess.

let them pass and wait for missing corners and checkpoints, always work

don't be panic, it's not that hard!

#12 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 11:22:24 AM(UTC)
odd this one 3rd attempt got it easy 1st 2 combination of ramming AI and 2 AI disappearing at ludicrous speeds pure luck I guess
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 11:37:22 AM(UTC)
yep just did it with an alt no problem just bad luck
 9 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 11:40:25 AM(UTC)
Well I kinda enjoyed this one tbh, but I still maintain my opinion that the idea to lock something behind a team based task is a dumb idea. One could be the top driver winning all 3 races and still lose 'cause other teammates are absolute disaster.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 11:41:11 AM(UTC)
You can always use walls as your friends. Then it's impossible to lose.
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 11:48:01 AM(UTC)
Maybe I'll get lucky this week in trials. On one account last week, it was me and one other player against 10 AI. Idk why other player quit, he was ahead of 4 or 5 AI and I was in 1st, but he quit first race anyways and we had an obvious lead. So 2nd n 3rd race was just me and 10 AI.

Vice president, moderated club.
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:00:06 PM(UTC)
One of the better ones, we won all races at first race, there was someone good in our team and we kept coming first and second place, enough mid tier guys to even out one player not being that fast.

Have good tune for Porsche 918 and have done Trials with it before. Only S2 car I really like. It's bit weird to say, I'm not to higher classes and unbeatable but I actually enjoyed this. I think route selection was what made this.
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:26:40 PM(UTC)
Worst cup or not, I can't believe we're finally seeing the 917LH...and it's in Horizon. I actually think I feel sick.
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:31:23 PM(UTC)
Always find the trial on Thursday nights a bit twitchy for some reason. Maybe due to the number of people logging on for the new season?

Anyway, won 2-1. I won the first and third races in the GT1. Second race got thrown around a checkpoint by a drivatar without actually being that close to it but fortunately team mates got 1,2 and 3.

Don’t know if it was just my team but everyone else really struggled on race 1, although I don’t think it’s that hard a course - so that was the one we lost. Worth sticking with it in case.

Can see why this could be an annoying event though - race 3 was a bit of a nightmare with teammates who didn’t understand the concept of braking on the tight turns in Edinburgh. Took me a couple of laps to get clear of those issues so that I could catch the lead drivatars.
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:54:24 PM(UTC)
Looks like people forgot about the Trial that gave us the Mosler for the very first time.
Hypercar championship starting with Holyrood Park Circuit.
It was the most painful experience ever.

Edited by user Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:56:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza-Achievements: 887 / 888 (FM2 Car Broker Achievement ...)
Forza Motorsport 7 Collector Level 47
 2 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:58:56 PM(UTC)
Nope, this is not the worst Trial, not even close.
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 1:08:38 PM(UTC)
Garbage team, thank god everyone left at the 2nd race and was able to win with a random guy that was last
 4 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 2:12:26 PM(UTC)
The AI is mostly highly agressive on any contact and it seems more at race start than after (may be the engine is messing up with predicting collisions and throws cars any all directions on any hits ... ) .
Beginners are totally lost facing AI wildness and mostly miss checkpoints resulting in staying in the back raising up the difficulty to win the CS.

We have a mix of FH4 legacy race mode ( race start survival phase, wall bumping etc ) and unpredictable AI.

I agree the one with S2 and rain etc was even more tricky than this one but from difficulty perspective it is not an easy one.

Since it was so easy for many here, I guess they will be likely to support the ones having difficulties to finish it.

On my side, I contributed helping 3 crews to get it done within the time I had.

+
Neo open your mind, you are just a drivatar
 7 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 4:45:16 PM(UTC)

What are you, 7 years old? 👶🏻

It's a team effort; you could be TNT Andretti and lead each race but still lose overall due to under-performaning teammates.

Edited by user Thursday, August 29, 2019 4:49:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Numerical correction

I have a vocabulary and I don’t apologize for it.
#Rivals #OpenClasss #LowerClasses #AMCPacerX
#25 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 5:03:23 PM(UTC)
Got trounced the first race. Won the next 2. About 5 mimutes after the update went live too. Thankfully. I was dreading having to try to win this all weekend to get the 917. Used the GT3 PO basically maxed out and it was a beast.
5 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error