This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
9 Pages<<56789PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#151 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 3:58:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SWYD1 Go to Quoted Post
No idea how all that works, but I finally completed that part of the Star Card.
Hopefully I'll also manage it too when it goes live in here in the UK tomorrow @ 15:30 and I can have a go.

It's gonna be a long 14.5 hour wait, I can tell you!

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:01:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#152 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 3:59:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DunkinDonutsNr1 Go to Quoted Post
They have hidden two seasons in their stream just for the Macan ?
I know right! Talk about an anti-climax!

Porschelanche!

I like the Macan, and I like the new model so I welcome it. But I find the fact they hid it and made it out to be such an impressive thing is a let down. If it swapped places with the 917LH, then I'd understand, but at the end of the day, a Macan isn't the most exciting car going.

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
 2 users liked this post.
#153 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:20:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
I look to have moved from 10 to 3 at TA and 10 to 6 at FFA.

Yep can't complain about this part of the update. I don't know what sort of number crunching they did but I'm 5 from 10 in TA (3804 pts) and 5 from 10 in FFA (3910 pts). Not showing on the leaderboards tho until I get round to doing a ranked again. Last few months only been doing 1 ranked FFA for the festival playlist. Stick to unranked now more time spent racing.

#154 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:21:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SWYD1 Go to Quoted Post
No idea how all that works, but I finally completed that part of the Star Card.
Hopefully I'll also manage it too when it goes live in here in the UK tomorrow @ 15:30 and I can have a go.

It should be active now in the UK - it’s immediate when the update is downloaded. Go check your ranked screen.
 2 users liked this post.
#155 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:21:23 PM(UTC)

Best update yet!!! Love my new ranks and I am finally a grandmaster in teams!!! Lemme find out how to post a screenshot

Okay I finally got the image to work. Now I just need to remember that the next time I wanna share something

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:00:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#156 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:22:24 PM(UTC)

You probably know that but the update is live and you can try the ranked stuff already.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:22:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza-Achievements: 887 / 888 (FM2 Car Broker Achievement ...)
Forza Motorsport 7 Collector Level 47
#157 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:27:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Best update yet!!! Love my new ranks and I am finally a grandmaster in teams!!! Lemme find out how to post a screenshot

Nicely done and well deserved!
#158 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:31:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Derplodactyl Go to Quoted Post

Porschelanche!

I like the Macan, and I like the new model so I welcome it. But I find the fact they hid it and made it out to be such an impressive thing is a let down. If it swapped places with the 917LH, then I'd understand, but at the end of the day, a Macan isn't the most exciting car going.

Looks like there was probably an Embargo or something similar as searching the Internet for the real Macan Turbo 2019 pretty much all the major motoring websites have only reported it since about 6pm GMT Wednesday. So looks like Porsche have only just announced it from the looks of it.
#159 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:34:00 PM(UTC)

Porschelanche!

That's some serious cash you've accumulated there. I mean I'm half way through prestige level 5, play pretty much every day since early access and have less than £100mil. Suppose if I could be bothered to use up the hundreds of wheelspins I've got that would bump it up a bit but nowhere near £733mil.

#160 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:36:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jaswright Go to Quoted Post

Porschelanche!

That's some serious cash you've accumulated there. I mean I'm half way through prestige level 5, play pretty much every day since early access and have less than £100mil. Suppose if I could be bothered to use up the hundreds of wheelspins I've got that would bump it up a bit but nowhere near £733mil.

He had £999,999,999 a few days ago, so he’s clearly been on a spending spree!

#161 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:38:36 PM(UTC)
Did this update seem to make anyone else's game unplayable? Mine downloaded it today, and now my game randomly kicks you out of you Horizon Life session, and after a few minutes will even completely log off my profile.
 1 user liked this post.
#162 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:50:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

Okay I finally got the image to work. Now I just need to remember that the next time I wanna share something

Okay so I did some calculations, Teams and FFA jumped about 1400 and PG teams jumped 1900. Drift moved up roughly 1000
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 2 users liked this post.
#163 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:44:17 PM(UTC)
Its actually a 2020 Macan Turbo.
 2 users liked this post.
#164 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 7:12:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jaswright Go to Quoted Post

Porschelanche!

He had £999,999,999 a few days ago, so he’s clearly been on a spending spree!

Originally Posted by: Shmak1982 Go to Quoted Post
Did this update seem to make anyone else's game unplayable? Mine downloaded it today, and now my game randomly kicks you out of you Horizon Life session, and after a few minutes will even completely log off my profile.

Try completely shutting down your console/pc and restarting..not just off and back on again
#165 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 7:39:12 PM(UTC)
Its 2019..
All Porsche is cool. Thanks you.
#166 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 8:52:21 PM(UTC)
offical article on the new cars in series 13 is up

https://www.forzamotorsp...en-us/news/fh4_series_13
 3 users liked this post.
#167 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:46:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bad Bad Mige Go to Quoted Post
Its actually a 2020 Macan Turbo.

Originally Posted by: Lukas Sottnik Go to Quoted Post
Its 2019..
All Porsche is cool. Thanks you.

I think what happens is they title the car based on the the license which is tied to manufacture or registration date, which is why we see 2019 in game. But going by the engine specs the Macan is indeed the 2020 MY officially announced by Porsche today.

I went back and revised the first post with the cars, livestream summary, and article/release notes, and added a little more car-specific detail in the Car List pinned at the top of the forum.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2019 10:57:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#168 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 10:58:18 PM(UTC)
I haven't played FH4 in a while. Have they made any notable improvements to car sounds? And, has the handling system/physics been improved to make the game less arcadey?

3 users liked this post.
#169 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:23:35 PM(UTC)
Not listed in the Release Notes but Turboteg90 over on GTPlanet says the 6x6 sound has changed.
#170 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:12:14 AM(UTC)
Noice - thanks Manteo!
 2 users liked this post.
#171 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:54:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
I haven't played FH4 in a while. Have they made any notable improvements to car sounds? And, has the handling system/physics been improved to make the game less arcadey?

I don't believe so as I have not noticed a difference. Honestly it doesn't bother me. Also don't think the physics feel "arcadey" whatsoever. I mean have you played games like Need For Speed? that's arcadey.

#172 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 11:27:38 AM(UTC)
The drive distance bug is still with us. It's not funny anymore.
#173 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 4:08:38 PM(UTC)
I went to play online ranked race just to count my league rank 10, I came first in the end and when I updated the standings again the game showed me that I am in league 6.

I had 2527 league points, I went to 3644 points, but when I go to the leaderboard the game still warns that I'm in league 10 with 2527 points, did anyone else happen?

I played a few races after that to see if it was right and so far nothing, and for a change I took a disconnect and lost 24 points, and it was going to end the championship in second place, thank you very much, but I won't be complaining too much, because now it's It is much easier to earn league points, it is much fairer, it is even fun to play ranked.
#174 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 6:47:57 PM(UTC)
I have been quite lucky, I guess, when it comes to the drive distance bug. Last week was the only time I have had issues with it (It only registered about half of the miles I drove). No problem this week.
 2 users liked this post.
#175 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:49:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AndiYTDE Go to Quoted Post
It´s not like this was requested by route-creators ever since the route-creator was announced... I´m shocked how disconnected they are with the community.

Playground live in their La La Land where everyone thinks their game is flawless and adores the Trials as well as the increasing number of exclusive cars, which are a hair away from 100 right now. The simple requirement to win Trials to earn the cars, taking into account Xbox One owners must pay for Xbox Live Gold whereas Windows 10 users don't, is an insult to the console fanbase that effectively made Playground into the respected studio they currently are.

That's not to mention how the whole "exclusive cars" thing was hated upon in FM7 and the sheer amount of them moves FH4 closer to F2P territory. The cars may not cost real money but some of them take a long time to get if you miss them, especially taking into account the game's economy is broken, and they're often cars that didn't need to be exclusive.

If I could hazard a guess, ramps and walls were requested from day one, that is, last year, when the route creator was first introduced. It took them almost a year to add a very basic editing feature to the custom routes, which doesn't even work in completed ones. Efforts like paintable brake calipers are abandoned in favor of milking the game dry with the Playlist. I feel very disappointed when Forza forces the Playlist on me while Gran Turismo gives away cars and tracks every month.

In fact, I feel disappointed seeing how many of these cars were tested in FM7 yet weren't made available for that game in the first place!

Seriously, I wouldn't post these things if I didn't care. I'll complete a full year of playing FH4 next month and I like the game a lot, but I feel very sad when I see the devs are clueless as to what people want. It's as if Playground wanted to justify whatever they do with the game by keeping the underage kids and the ***.-kissers close on Discord and creating this illusion that, as the Lego song says, "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!" When it isn't! Anything bad about this game is swept under the rug on the streams.

It's very difficult to understand why things are like this when Phil Spencer's ideals when it comes to the Xbox brand are pretty much the opposite of it. Community engagement is not just hosting a funny show and keeping a group of blind followers around, it's getting the hands dirty and maybe talking to people you know will challenge you with uncomfortable questions. Both T10 and PG got the memo but only the former decided to follow it.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
9 Pages<<56789PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error