9 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext
#101 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 11:12:18 PM(UTC)
Not this month.
 1 user liked this post.
#102 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 11:27:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galaxie5002012 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MenstrualDoom Go to Quoted Post
Reminds me of playing NFS Porsche Unleashed back in 2000. Loved that game!

Best game, ever.
I tried hard to play it again a couple years ago, but it is no longer compatible "at all" with Windows.

OT, but I did get it working on Windows 10 last year (I think) with a bit of tweaking and patching. I'm not at the right computer right now so I can't check exactly which way I did it, but there are a few online guides to doing exactly that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/needforspeed/comments/as1u1w/need_for_speed_porsche_unleashed_pc_full_install/ isn't a bad place to start
#103 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 12:05:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Why is this car in FH and not the 928?

Because the 928 is a dead end.
you might just as well say it’s because cats like milk. That’s about as relevant an answer in this context.

2 users liked this post.
#104 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 12:35:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Only Summer and Autumn sections of the Playlist shown because there's something they can't show until the content update arrives tomorrow.

1966 Porsche 906 Carrera 6 - 50% series completion
1970 #3 917 Porsche 917 LH - Summer Trial
2018 Italdesign Zerouno - Summer event
1951 Porsche 356 SL - Autumn event
2018 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS

Previewing route editor features "not coming tomorrow" but "hopefully coming soon" will include the ability to Edit Checkpoints after you test run the route and before you save it. You can edit unlimited times before you save, but once you save the route it can't be edited.

Ranked League levels have been adjusted so more people can make it to League 10 and above, and people shouldn't be stuck at zero points.

Fixes:
LEGO Brick Challenges should now recognize the Porsche
Mazda dashboard fixed

Q&A:
  • Any plans to increase garage storage limits? - No plans for now, never say never
  • Will there be more exclusives in upcoming seasons? - "Yes, quite a lot more." Hopefully continuing the same pace around 4 or more per series.
  • Sell back duplicate cars? - This will be coming, definitely looking into that
  • Any plans to add turn signals? - That would be cool, but it's not in our immediate plans. Things that affect every single car in the game present a huge amount of work.
  • Adding ramps to route creator? - "We actually don't know if you guys are interested in that" - suggest it in the Discord channel for route creator.
  • Allow Assists changes in Online Adventure? - send specific feedback and we'll take a look
  • Plans to change the Bone Shaker and Track-tor? Changing car PI can affect leaderboards etc but due to feedback on these to cars "we are looking at it, stay tuned"

It´s not like this was requested by route-creators ever since the route-creator was announced... I´m shocked how disconnected they are with the community.
#105 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 1:12:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post
There's also a major story/business (13 chapters and 39 stars) to be released. Will probably be introduced via the Playlist challenges.
Any idea what it might be?

"Wheeler Dealers" with Mike Brewer and Edd China (if they've made up)?
"Chop Shop" with Bernie & Leepu?

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2019 1:15:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#106 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 1:20:35 AM(UTC)
Fixes:
Mazda dashboard fixed

What is this?

Need to check it out before it's fixed?

#107 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 1:27:35 AM(UTC)
Maybe they're working on a deal to bring Toyota back.
 1 user liked this post.
#108 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 1:56:44 AM(UTC)
Hmm, ok so am I getting well that the main coming change in game is for ranked ramming ... racing sorry. Interesting to focus on a feature of the game no more than 2% of the FH4 players qualified for. Meanwhile 100% of players are still facing garage auto filling with duplicates for now, what ? 10 months.

Personally I am stuck on looking for tunes to delete so I can possibly make new ones with creative hub that is total **** on this aspect ( no information on downloads or likes, proposing to download/report my own tunes ) and having to load each car and go to the tune list to possibly find something I could possibly delete. FH can be so fun sometimes ...

Hope they will manage something for the OP cars so as to save Rivals from Coma and possibly put an end to the ones pretending being top players because they manage to win with OP cars.
#109 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 2:15:47 AM(UTC)

• Adding ramps to route creator? - "We actually don't know if you guys are interested in that" - suggest it in the Discord channel for route creator...

• Yep... not only interested in that...

Ramps, barriers, signals, deletable objects, etc...

Anyway, are they serious or is it just british phlegm ?

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2019 2:17:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
    #110 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 2:26:38 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
    Personally I am stuck on looking for tunes to delete so I can possibly make new ones with creative hub that is total **** on this aspect ( no information on downloads or likes, proposing to download/report my own tunes ) and having to load each car and go to the tune list to possibly find something I could possibly delete.
    I feel your pain brother!

After reaching the tune limit a while ago, my "Creative Hub" was showing something like 480/500 tunes shared.

Had to then open every vehicle individually to locate unshared or downloaded tunes (that I no longer wanted).

In the end I added some columns to a spreadsheet I created a long time ago to keep track of dupes, perks etc.

Then just updated it when I'd applied a tune to a particular vehicle.

Definitely made it easier to see what's applied to each vehicle, but time consuming manually checking 600+ cars.

Maybe an idea to do this if you have a lot of tunes as it's currently a pain trying to work out what is installed.

Should have been a better data shown, filters, sort options from the start, but I doubt they'll implement it now.

I personally like to have two tunes for some vehicles and the 500 limit is gone in no time.

Similarly with the designs, when you are in a vehicle, there should be an option to view designs that apply to that vehicle only, instead of trawling through hundreds of design to find the one you want.

This would also help to find duplicate designs for the same vehicle which have been accidentally downloaded when checking the "Creative Hub" when browsing existing designs and inadvertently selecting them (from muscle memory) to view details only to actually download your own tune again and clogging up your design allowance. :(
    But that's another thread I suppose.

These would be some great "Quality of Life" updates that could save people tons of time.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2019 3:22:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
    #111 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 2:43:11 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Ornotoraph Go to Quoted Post

• Adding ramps to route creator? - "We actually don't know if you guys are interested in that" - suggest it in the Discord channel for route creator...

• Yep... not only interested in that...

Ramps, barriers, signals, deletable objects, etc...

Anyway, are they serious or is it just british phlegm ?

Exactly :D What could be better but they don't know...

2 users liked this post.
    #112 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 3:14:43 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: chuteboxehero1 Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: Radamanthys461 Go to Quoted Post
    So, plans for garage slots upgrade? Come on...

You guys will keep adding new cars every month and force as to keep the same garage space until the game is dead? FM7 has 900 slots, so "never say never" is not enough.

Disapointed.

Just curious what the official car count is vs available garage space. Assuming you have the ultimate edition and every car available so far and no duplicates. I don't remember what they upped the garage capacity to. Last I checked I have every car available except the Focus PO and I'm well under 700 cars. I'll have to recheck tonight. Might be off a bit. Anyhow, has anyone tallied the total number of cars released so far?

Its 641 including ALL PO cars..and that's before this update
    Some people NEED over 100 duplicates lol

Yeah, some people do need duplicates. I'm a car guy, I like to have more than one tune and design for my favourite cars (as the game doesn't allow me to change tunes for online racing, as an example, something that Gran turismo did when I played PS3 lol).

But either way it's good to have more than one car if I really like it. Why not? Again, FM7 has 900 slots, and fh4 will release new cars each month and it means me and a lot of other players will have to choose which cars to delete every month too.

Now, all posts I see you replying are useless for people that are trying to give feedback to the game about what they want. I want a garage size update, you don't? Ok, so don't bother being ironic about it. Get a life. And good for you for not caring about having more cars in a car game.

They don't want to use too much cloud space 'cause the game is full of clothes, emotes, horns but also they have lots of video files that makes sense because the game is beautiful and that was their focus. But they should have thought that this would happen. They updated the garage from 650 slots to 750, and they said multiple times about how hard is to increase it. So why they didn't increase a bit more just like it is on FM7? Then they wouldn't have to do it again and people wouldn't be asking for it. FM7 was released 2 years ago and still get new content, and the same will happen to fh4 I suppose, so why they delayed this?

That's what I think, but it's not just me asking for a increase. And yes, I need some duplicates, if you don't then congratulations. You probably doesn't car about many cars aspects as well.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:14:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#113 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:08:45 AM(UTC)

You guys will keep adding new cars every month and force as to keep the same garage space until the game is dead? FM7 has 900 slots, so "never say never" is not enough.

Disapointed.

Just curious what the official car count is vs available garage space. Assuming you have the ultimate edition and every car available so far and no duplicates. I don't remember what they upped the garage capacity to. Last I checked I have every car available except the Focus PO and I'm well under 700 cars. I'll have to recheck tonight. Might be off a bit. Anyhow, has anyone tallied the total number of cars released so far?

Yeah, some people do need duplicates. I'm a car guy, I like to have more than one tune and design for my favourite cars (as the game doesn't allow me to change tunes for online racing, as an example, something that Gran turismo did when I played PS3 lol).

But either way it's good to have more than one car if I really like it. Why not? Again, FM7 has 900 slots, and fh4 will release new cars each month and it means me and a lot of other players will have to choose which cars to delete every month too.

Now, all posts I see you replying are useless for people that are trying to give feedback to the game about what they want. I want a garage size update, you don't? Ok, so don't bother being ironic about it. Get a life. And good for you for not caring about having more cars in a car game.

They don't want to use too much cloud space 'cause the game is full of clothes, emotes, horns but also they have lots of video files that makes sense because the game is beautiful and that was their focus. But they should have thought that this would happen. They updated the garage from 650 slots to 750, and they said multiple times about how hard is to increase it. So why they didn't increase a bit more just like it is on FM7? Then they wouldn't have to do it again and people wouldn't be asking for it. FM7 was released 2 years ago and still get new content, and the same will happen to fh4 I suppose, so why they delayed this?

That's what I think, but it's not just me asking for a increase. And yes, I need some duplicates, if you don't then congratulations. You probably doesn't car about many cars aspects as well.

As you, for several cars I have multiples instances which is taking place but considering as a constraint that it is complex to increase garage size, I would already enjoy stopping Wheelspin from putting garbage in garage almost every time I finish an online CS.
     4 users liked this post.
    #114 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:37:47 AM(UTC)
    I don't buy that hard to implement talk regarding increasing the garage limit. Fine, it might have been true first time, but by now this shouldn't be as hard as they make it sound. Now it should be just a prioritising issue. Last time they increased it they should/must have made necessary changes in the design and code, so that in the future it wouldn't be such a hassle (the opposite just doesn't make any sense). Besides, garage (tunes, designs) limit has been problematic for several games already and they didn't realise to pay more attention to it from when they started working on FH4?! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: To add some positive vibes to my post, I must say (as a small Porsche fanboy) I like the upcoming Porsche avalanche.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2019 10:28:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#115 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 7:11:33 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: andrOOrdna Go to Quoted Post
    I like the upcoming Porsche avalanche.
    Nice way to describe it! LOL

Poschelanche!

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2019 7:13:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#116 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 7:33:27 AM(UTC)
    It would probably be better just to let us swap tunes before race. My garage is full, but my tunes are quite empty. Swapping tunes wouldn't really use more resources on the Hard Drive for most people.
     1 user liked this post.
    #117 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 8:13:50 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
    It would probably be better just to let us swap tunes before race. My garage is full, but my tunes are quite empty. Swapping tunes wouldn't really use more resources on the Hard Drive for most people.

Very much agreed, but it wouldn't work in multiplayer, unless they increase the time limit. As it is, there's often not enough time to find and choose the car you want, let alone swap a tune.
    #118 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 8:41:30 AM(UTC)

Disapointed.

Not only that but they are adding 4 to 5 new cars every month, plus to get those new cars you have to play through most of the playlist which rewards you with awesome existing cars that you may have already......not to mention winning cars in the wheelspins. So even if there are players that don't like to keep duplicate cars (I like to for having different designs/specs) you are constantly getting new cars added to your garage and it becomes a lot to manage. And why should I get rid of a car I won in one of the series playlists just because I already have that car? For example, this month (it may have been last month but there are examples like this every month) one of the cars you could win was a Porsche 918 Spyder.....I already have 1 but I worked hard to get that 1 and I worked to win the races in the Playlist and was rewarded with another one. It's an amazing car. Why would I give that car up? because someone thinks it's a joke that I keep duplicate cars in my garage??? Sheesh

#119 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 8:53:23 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: Bad Bad Mige Go to Quoted Post

Disapointed.

Not only that but they are adding 4 to 5 new cars every month, plus to get those new cars you have to play through most of the playlist which rewards you with awesome existing cars that you may have already......not to mention winning cars in the wheelspins. So even if there are players that don't like to keep duplicate cars (I like to for having different designs/specs) you are constantly getting new cars added to your garage and it becomes a lot to manage. And why should I get rid of a car I won in one of the series playlists just because I already have that car? For example, this month (it may have been last month but there are examples like this every month) one of the cars you could win was a Porsche 918 Spyder.....I already have 1 but I worked hard to get that 1 and I worked to win the races in the Playlist and was rewarded with another one. It's an amazing car. Why would I give that car up? because someone thinks it's a joke that I keep duplicate cars in my garage??? Sheesh

Yes, agree 100%. It's a car game! I thought it was a bit silly for them to say that they plan to release 4-5 cars every month but it's not on their plans to increase the garage size. And I'll say it again, fm7 already have 900 slots, eventually we will need that too. Maybe they're just trying to avoid the cloud storate cost or something? My Ultimate Edition wasn't cheap!
    #120 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:23:52 AM(UTC)
    Where's the patch?
    #121 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:31:11 AM(UTC)
    Nothing downloading 10.30 pacifit time here
     1 user liked this post.
    #122 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:32:06 AM(UTC)
    It seems like the failure from PG is to recognize that a sizeable number of FH4 racers want one of every car available (the "Collector" model they seem to favor) AND to have multiple versions of their favorite cars (the "Racer" model, specific builds/tunes and/or liveries, etc). PG is happy to accommodate those players that want one model OR the other, but no sympathy for those that want BOTH models. At some point, you will have to choose one model or the other.

This is no longer an issue for me, personally. I have abandoned the "Collector" model, crushed 90% of the cars in my garage - entire manufacturers and car classes - gone. One of the most satisfying days I have had in FH4 in many, many months. My garage is now lean, tuned and in fine racing trim. I can quickly find the car I am looking for, no more endless searching.

I will still add those new cars that I find appealing in some way (unless it involves The Trial), but otherwise, I have the cars I want for this game.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:34:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#123 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:42:38 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: AvengerVR46 Go to Quoted Post
    Nothing downloading 10.30 pacifit time here

Think that the patch will comes out at 6 pm CT at the same time Porsche will reveal their new porsche.
    #124 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:42:49 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
    Where's the patch?

They said on the livestream that it would be "tomorrow night", so it'll probably be a bit yet. Related to whatever they couldn't show us, I'm sure, they have to release it as late as possible.
    #125 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:44:31 AM(UTC)
    Makes sense so what time is it? :D
    9 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
    Error