This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:30:32 AM(UTC)
Now that the Studio have committed to this game’s end of life, the question now beckons, how long will we have to wait for Forza Motorsport 8? Would it be safe to say that since FH5 is due next summer, or is it, will we have to wait another two years for FM8, given that FH5 is on schedule for next summer? We need to know this stuff now, because if it takes the Studio 4 years to produce FM8, we should be expecting a hell of a game, complete with team voice over and other first-time features.
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 1:14:51 PM(UTC)
Since it was not in any way mentioned at E3 I doubt it is a launch title. You are asking a question that may not have an answer yet. At the very least I would say 2 yrs away, perhaps a year and a half if we are lucky. There is no rush, they need to reset this franchise, stop putting out half finished games and than make us beg for features that should not have been removed in the first place. Anyway you know very well they will not tell us here. It will be an announcement at some games conference most likely.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 14, 2019 1:29:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:20:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Since it was not in any way mentioned at E3 I doubt it is a launch title. You are asking a question that may not have an answer yet. At the very least I would say 2 yrs away, perhaps a year and a half if we are lucky. There is no rush, they need to reset this franchise, stop putting out half finished games and than make us beg for features that should not have been removed in the first place. Anyway you know very well they will not tell us here. It will be an announcement at some games conference most likely.

I would hope the last two years weren't spent just tooling around wondering about an approach and that at least some development work on the basics of the game, such as tracks, must have been laid down. God knows we have enough cars in the game and Chris did mention that they are working on a new tire model, so if if takes them maximum another two years to complete FM8 or whatever it will be called, I see them focusing mainly on tire/tarmac physics and other related physics, weather phases, which they have plenty from the Horizon series, and some serious cut scenes and voice overs for during race play to make the game more informative while on the track. In other words, four years is more than enough time to blow our socks off in terms of a different approach to Forza Motorsport.

" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:59:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SimRacerQ Go to Quoted Post
Now that the Studio have committed to this game’s end of life, the question now beckons, how long will we have to wait for Forza Motorsport 8? Would it be safe to say that since FH5 is due next summer, or is it, will we have to wait another two years for FM8, given that FH5 is on schedule for next summer? We need to know this stuff now, because if it takes the Studio 4 years to produce FM8, we should be expecting a hell of a game, complete with team voice over and other first-time features.

So you think that fh5 is due next year and that it will be released before fm8..who's schedule..that would be the same as saying fm8 is scheduled for later this year
Just assumptions as usual
I would be thinking fm8 will be out with the new console and fh5 the year after ..hopefully..and that will give another year to develop fh5 as well

Notification

Icon
Error