This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages1234PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 12:30:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Xymot666 Go to Quoted Post
it is impossible to score 1 million skill points in this week's Shelby GT500 challenge. even with the skill bonus radio song is going, the game decides EVERY TIME to rob me of my skill point chain even though i'm still scoring points. way to go Turn 10, yet another [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] challenge that can't be completed. and yes, i have EVERY perk unlocked for this car.
just go to the gravel pit and let loose

Edited by user Friday, August 9, 2019 8:56:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 12:38:22 PM(UTC)
Why is the trial muscle cross country? I was originally looking forward to racing modern muscle until I noticed it was cross country. Is this supposed to be a modern take on moonshine runs? Absolutely horrible
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 12:43:25 PM(UTC)
Eh???

Muscle cars take to cross country like a dream. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have a vocabulary and I don’t apologize for it.
#Rivals #OpenClasss #LowerClasses #AMCPacerX
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 1:36:42 PM(UTC)
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 2:59:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Xymot666 Go to Quoted Post
it is impossible to score 1 million skill points in this week's Shelby GT500 challenge. even with the skill bonus radio song is going, the game decides EVERY TIME to rob me of my skill point chain even though i'm still scoring points. way to go Turn 10, yet another B.S. challenge that can't be completed. and yes, i have EVERY perk unlocked for this car.

The Shelby doesn't have the skill songs perk so it will make no difference if a skill song is playing. I tried it in the car as it comes with no tune or upgrades. It was accumulating skill points but very slowly so I upgraded it to S1. I usually get skills at an area to the North of the Wind Farm which has small trees/saplings, fences, stone walls, jumps and I get mostly wreckage, landscaping, combo and air skills and by turning traction off I get drift skills in between the others to stop the chain breaking. You don't need to do 1 million in one chain but I think everything needs to be done in one session.

Some people use the airstrip. With it being Autumn some of the fields have groups of bales and even with the perk which stops the first collision breaking the skill chain, groups of bales can easily destroy a skill chain.

The points didn't accumulate as fast as they do with my normal skill farming vehicle but compared to some challenges I found it easy to complete.

Let’s face it the best place in the game for accumulating skill points is the dunes for just about any car.
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 3:03:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HaVoCStrikes Go to Quoted Post
All three Seasonal PR stunts are possible with any high S2/X with decent grip (I used an upgraded Mosler.) This was the easiest week in a while for PR stunts - all completed on the first try with no rewinds.

It’s the same every week even in winter you can do any Pr stunt with the X class Mosler.
#32 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 3:12:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: L7A2 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LongFort75 Go to Quoted Post
A word of warning.
If you want to use the Vauxhall Monaro on this week’s trail, be aware that it tends to get stuck on the last track (the one in the city.)
There’s a ridge on the final part of the track that it can’t drive over while other cars can. I found out the hard way and it’s like hitting an invisible wall.

yep even with rally suspension on highest ride height = bang dead stop,
strange how the AI can go over with no problem at all, almost as if they cheat!

I did the Trial with Monaro too and damn that last circuit. I tried it later in single player on Pro difficulty and on that some Drivatars got stuck just like my Monaro.

My first effort was with Road setup, did surprisingly well but quitted. On next effort we were already won 2/3 before last circuit but it was still bad. They really should test these things.

Tips for completing Playlist

Did all the PR stunts with Bugatti Veyron SS X-tuned.

Did all the championships on Pro with following cars stock so using these should make things relatively easy on Highly Skilled.

Family Car Frenzy: Maserati Ghibli '14. Race clean and it's just so easy to drive that it's PI doesn't matter.

Out of Retirement: Maserati 8CFT. First two races were easy wins but winning the third one took some effort (not requited for the championship win). 8CFT is crazy powerful so change to second gear then to third gear before hitting rev limit. Very easy to keep momentum on, just feather gas on tight curves and easy wins on first and on circuit race I did second. Last one, Waterhead Sprint I think, was where the main opponent, Auto-Union could actually use it's advantages and it's important to get good start and then flow through the bends avoiding Drivatar cars while passing, keep the momentum going. On latter stage is important not to drift too much so entry line to curves and go bit slower in and you get fast out. Really great car!

For last championship I went with Ferrari Dino and for first two races which were Off-road and Rally it was pretty tight. The last one on Greedale Club Circuit was where Dino was in it's element. Chevy Nova should work the best overall and would recommend Mustang, 2+2 Fastback or regular one for fun.

Shelby tasks: Did these with stock vehicle.
Motorway Drag Strip for winning 3 Drag events. Drivatars always slow down before last curve, hit the brakes a bit and flow in, hit the gas.
Airstrip for skill score grind. Lot's of stuff to sideswipe and room to drift.
Last race is a Road trail, on higher difficulties at least, Shelby is very strong in last 3rd of the route and if it's difficult to pass leading Drivatars before that, it's easy there. Enjoyable race actually.

Really liked how this series of challenges worked like it built towards finale. First you get used to car a bit during Drag races, then via drifting, doing other stunts and when it's time for real race car feels much more familiar. Beast but manageable one. This was great work by devs.

For Playground Games I used Ford Hot Pursuit but I saw HSV's (HPV?) doing well. Upgraded El Camino's not so much for some reason.

I haven't done Fortune Island stuff for ages but stunts Bugatti Veyron SS for Speed Trap and S2 Hoonigan RS200 for Trailblazer.
#33 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 7:49:31 PM(UTC)
A word of warning.
If you want to use the Vauxhall Monaro on this week’s trail, be aware that it tends to get stuck on the last track (the one in the city.)
There’s a ridge on the final part of the track that it can’t drive over while other cars can. I found out the hard way and it’s like hitting an invisible wall.

Ya, I found that out the hard way. I was running a comfortable third in the race when I hit it so hard I almost knocked the fillings out of my teeth. I didn’t comprehend for a few seconds that I had hit something, as I didn’t even really see it. Needless to say by the time I figured out what stopped me cold, I was comfortably in last place. Thankfully I was part of a good team and we won all three races easily. Definitely do not use the Vauxall Monaro for this event.
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:06:27 PM(UTC)
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:23:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: L7A2 Go to Quoted Post
A word of warning.

yep even with rally suspension on highest ride height = bang dead stop,
strange how the AI can go over with no problem at all, almost as if they cheat!

I did the Trial with Monaro too and damn that last circuit. I tried it later in single player on Pro difficulty and on that some Drivatars got stuck just like my Monaro.

My first effort was with Road setup, did surprisingly well but quitted. On next effort we were already won 2/3 before last circuit but it was still bad. They really should test these things.

Tips for completing Playlist

Did all the PR stunts with Bugatti Veyron SS X-tuned.

Did all the championships on Pro with following cars stock so using these should make things relatively easy on Highly Skilled.

Family Car Frenzy: Maserati Ghibli '14. Race clean and it's just so easy to drive that it's PI doesn't matter.

Out of Retirement: Maserati 8CFT. First two races were easy wins but winning the third one took some effort (not requited for the championship win). 8CFT is crazy powerful so change to second gear then to third gear before hitting rev limit. Very easy to keep momentum on, just feather gas on tight curves and easy wins on first and on circuit race I did second. Last one, Waterhead Sprint I think, was where the main opponent, Auto-Union could actually use it's advantages and it's important to get good start and then flow through the bends avoiding Drivatar cars while passing, keep the momentum going. On latter stage is important not to drift too much so entry line to curves and go bit slower in and you get fast out. Really great car!

For last championship I went with Ferrari Dino and for first two races which were Off-road and Rally it was pretty tight. The last one on Greedale Club Circuit was where Dino was in it's element. Chevy Nova should work the best overall and would recommend Mustang, 2+2 Fastback or regular one for fun.

Shelby tasks: Did these with stock vehicle.
Motorway Drag Strip for winning 3 Drag events. Drivatars always slow down before last curve, hit the brakes a bit and flow in, hit the gas.
Airstrip for skill score grind. Lot's of stuff to sideswipe and room to drift.
Last race is a Road trail, on higher difficulties at least, Shelby is very strong in last 3rd of the route and if it's difficult to pass leading Drivatars before that, it's easy there. Enjoyable race actually.

Really liked how this series of challenges worked like it built towards finale. First you get used to car a bit during Drag races, then via drifting, doing other stunts and when it's time for real race car feels much more familiar. Beast but manageable one. This was great work by devs.

For Playground Games I used Ford Hot Pursuit but I saw HSV's (HPV?) doing well. Upgraded El Camino's not so much for some reason.

I haven't done Fortune Island stuff for ages but stunts Bugatti Veyron SS for Speed Trap and S2 Hoonigan RS200 for Trailblazer.

I used the Ford Falcon F351 for the trial. It's just as good as the Monaro but doesn't get hung up on that metal ramp or whatever it is. For Out of Retirement, I used the Bugatti Type 35 C and absolutely smoked the AI without any effort. AWD is OP.

I sadly had to resort to using the Morris Traveler and hiding between train cars for the Playground Games. It's cheap I know but when you get incompetent teammates who bring bone stock cars up against opponents in upgraded cars, sometimes it's the only way to give your team a fighting chance. If you're lucky, you can get one or two opponents to quit out of frustration when they can't tag you (like what happened to me) and then your team has the advantage.
#36 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 2:31:47 AM(UTC)
Not sure if this has been said before, but when I checked yesterday, the two VW's don't seem to be unlocked in the AH yet.
#37 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 3:40:51 AM(UTC)
Skills grinding with the Shelby was not fun. I just could not keep a chain going, and it was almost toward the end before a skill song finally came on. But I managed to combo it with a couple of dailys.

The drag races weren't too bad, once tuned. My first race was bone stock, and it... didn't... go well. But with even just the beginnings of a proper tune, it was a piece of cake.

I slapped a road tune on for the Forest sprint as close to the top of S1 as I could get without a roll cage. And just as I was coming out, a Forzathon Live was starting, so I used that to test my setup. It was bad. I'm not going to pretend I know what I'm doing in the tuning window, but I can usually get by. But this one was just not coming together. So before the race, I turned on TCS, and made some adjustments, and it was better. I somehow got through it. But the tune definitely still needs some work before I use that car again.
#38 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 3:41:42 AM(UTC)
Trial seemed fairly easy this week. My team of randoms racked up circa 3,000 points in each race, with the drivatars seemingly very slow. I used the Dodge Charger but it didn’t seem particularly strong - others driving Mustangs seemed to have a fairly big advantage over me.
#39 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 5:51:34 AM(UTC)
For some reason I kept getting bad co-op teams for this week's trial. I won the trial on my second try, but I only won because everyone except one person quit. The final score on the third race ended up being 650 and the AI had 600. I only won because I got 1st place (The one remaining player came in last place). If I had gotten 2nd place, I would have lost the event. In the end, the human team won 2 out of the 3 races. The trial seems very tough this week. In previous weeks, most of the time half of the coop team beats the AI and we win easily. I guess the Ken Block race suit is meant to be hard to earn. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience on this week's trial. What are your thoughts on this week's trial? Is it too difficult?

Edited by user Friday, August 9, 2019 5:59:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 6:08:37 AM(UTC)
The trial's should be a challenge and not a participation reward!! Not difficult at all and actually too easy. I always have 2 other friends convoyed and we finish 1,2,3 every race. Just my thoughts..
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#41 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 6:15:42 AM(UTC)
I thought this week was easy, but I enjoyed racing the 50's machine. The Drag racing was too easy, all you do is hold down the accelerator, not much fun in that. The Skills were easy too.

I think that the skill level could be raised a notch to the next level. Put a really good prize up, and a harder level!

Edited by user Friday, August 9, 2019 6:16:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#42 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 6:16:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
The trial's should be a challenge and not a participation reward!! Not difficult at all and actually too easy. I always have 2 other friends convoyed and we finish 1,2,3 every race. Just my thoughts..

It looks like only the best players will win this one. The Ken Block race suit is going to be a rare item, which is very satisfying for us.
#43 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 8:16:44 AM(UTC)
I tuned the Shelby to A800, breezed the drags, then hit the trial with it. It didnt seem too hard with my tune, I was top 2/3 apart from when i miss a checkpoint, and i had accumulated 500,000 skill score by the end of the three races - so did the trial again to get the rest of the points. - just for fun.

I tried the 60s championship with one of the new VWs, the 2+2 fastback, the taxi , and the mini. The Taxi and the Mini where so much faster than the rest.

The Morris Mini Traveller seemed too fast for the playground games.

What recommendations for the super saloons? Im lining up my Audi R7 for it.
#44 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 8:29:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Did the trial change?

Did it one time so far. Full 12 car roster, 5 players, 7 drivatars.

This happened to me last week. It was strange. I usually prefer being on the team with fewer drivers but the team got crushed when it was 7 - 5 drivatars / drivers.

Edited by user Saturday, August 10, 2019 8:54:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 9:23:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rogueshark333 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post

It looks like only the best players will win this one. The Ken Block race suit is going to be a rare item, which is very satisfying for us.

Not that rare. I already have it from a previous event.
#46 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 10:08:04 AM(UTC)
I have two tunes for the jump. One is for the shelby mustang (you can double dip on the skill point challenge) and is all asphalt. Start behind the long radius turn. It’s good for 1,000 ft. The other is a modified version of my TVR speed12 tune from last week. This uses the dirt road and you can easily fly to 1,200ft. Tunes are both uploaded on my hub and titled Amblsiide Jump. I also have a tune for the Moreno just be aware that the last race has that metal plate that you will hit.
#47 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 6:50:46 PM(UTC)
I'm confused. I have raced the Mustang in the Road Racing Lakehurst Forest Sprint and one 1st place a few times and it still shows it as not done! What am I doing wrong??
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 8:31:28 PM(UTC)
After being teamed up with several sets of players in the trail who either were not all that interested in winning, or perhaps had never played this before, I finally got a good team. Funny thing, there were only 5 of us against 7 Drivatars. We won the first two races quite handily so the 3rd race didn't matter.

I had never experienced this 5 vs 7 matchup before for a trial event.
 1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 9:35:56 PM(UTC)
Not sure why people are complaining about the skill points with the Shelby. It was pretty easy. All you have to do is take off TCS and Stability, go to the abandoned drag strip and just do fishtails up and down the strip smashing some stuff along the way if you feel like it. Took about 7 minutes if that. I racked up steady chains of 50000-100000 x5 really easy. It isn't as good at it as some other cars but it isn't that bad either.
 1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 9:40:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
After being teamed up with several sets of players in the trail who either were not all that interested in winning, or perhaps had never played this before, I finally got a good team. Funny thing, there were only 5 of us against 7 Drivatars. We won the first two races quite handily so the 3rd race didn't matter.

I had never experienced this 5 vs 7 matchup before for a trial event.

I had this happen last week. The fewer the better in my opinion. After the first race only 2 of us were left (unfortunately the other idiot was just staying at the back letting me do all the work so I had to get 1st in both races for us to win. I DESPISE people that do this. It's lazy and shows a complete lack of consideration).

4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error