This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages123>>Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 6:37:33 AM(UTC)
AUTUMN
Starts August 8 2019 at 7:30 a.m. Pacific
This is the second season of Series 12.

Next change: August 15 at 7:30 a.m. Pacific

BARN FIND RUMOR:

#FORZATHON SHOP
  • 650 FP Car: 1963 VW Type 2 De Luxe FE (existing Exclusive model)
  • 625 FP Car: 1939 Auto Union Type D (10,000,000 CR value)
  • ?00 FP Clothing: RTR Fun Haver Blue Top
  • ?00 FP Clothing: Blue Top Hat
  • Wheelspins cost this series: 40 FP & 150 FP

FESTIVAL PLAYLIST REWARDS
  • 50% Autumn Completion: VW Karmann Ghia '67 (new Exclusive model)
  • 80% Autumn Completion: Ford Crown Victoria (existing Exclusive model)
  • 50% Series Completion: 2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV (existing Exclusive model)
  • 80% Series Completion: 2010 Mosler MT900S (existing Exclusive model)

#FORZATHON

Earn 100 FP from the weekly challenge plus 10 per Daily, plus Bonus for all, double for owning the Lake Lodge

Weekly Challenge:
[Must be done in sequence to count.
  • Own and drive the 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 (Ford Mustang '13)
  • Win 3 Drag Strip events in the Ford Mustang '13
  • Earn a total of 1 million Skill Score in the Ford Mustang '13
  • Win a Road Racing Series event in the Ford Mustang '13 at the Lakehurst Forest Sprint

Daily Challenges:
Each challenge is open for 72 hours from 7:30am Pacific of the start day
  • Earn 1 Ultimate Clean Racing Skill
  • Earn 2 Great Near Miss Skills
  • Closely overtake while racing to earn 3 Awesome Pass Skills
  • Earn 1 Great Drift or E-Drift Skill
  • Complete a Street Scene event
  • Earn 2 Great Clean Racing Skills
  • Win 2 Road Circuit events

SEASONAL EVENTS

The Trial Co-Op Championship: "Power on the Prairie" | Whitewater Falls Cross Country | A800 Modern Muscle
  • Reward: Ken Block Race Suit

Seasonal Playground Games | Express North Rail Yard | A800 Vans and Utility
  • Reward: Ken Block Helmet

PR Stunt: Ambleside Edge Danger Sign | 984.3 feet
  • Reward: Super Wheelspin

PR Stunt: Hythe House Speed Trap | 200.0 mph

PR Stunt: Brookside Speed Zone | 147.0 mph

Championship: "Racing Through the Years -60s” | Gardens Cross Country Circuit | C600
  • Reward: VW Type 3 1600 L Notchback '67 (new Exclusive model)

Championship: "Out of Retirement" | Ambleside Sprint | B700 Vintage Racers
  • Reward: Maserati Tipo 61

Championship: "Family Car Frenzy" | Horizon Festival Sprint | A800 Super Saloons
  • Reward: BMW M6 '13 FE (existing Exclusive model)

Monthly Events
  • Monthly Rivals: Broadway Village Circuit
  • Online Adventure

Completing the monthly events applies their completion percentage to all four seasons in the Festival Playlist.

Edited by user Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:07:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 6:39:41 AM(UTC)
Eager to see how well those VWs handle. Might be able to use them for B class dirt. BRING IT!
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 6:55:34 AM(UTC)
Makes sense to have the VW's in the Fall and the Aston Martin's available in the Winter.......rolls eyes.
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 7:12:57 AM(UTC)
 4 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 7:27:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bad Bad Mige Go to Quoted Post
Makes sense to have the VW's in the Fall and the Aston Martin's available in the Winter.......rolls eyes.

Yes, that's it! I'm sure it was seasonal dictation that determined when they'd be released.

Vice president, moderated club.
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 7:41:24 AM(UTC)
it is impossible to score 1 million skill points in this week's Shelby GT500 challenge. even with the skill bonus radio song is going, the game decides EVERY TIME to rob me of my skill point chain even though i'm still scoring points. way to go Turn 10, yet another [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] challenge that can't be completed. and yes, i have EVERY perk unlocked for this car.

Edited by user Friday, August 9, 2019 9:00:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 7:41:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bad Bad Mige Go to Quoted Post

I fail to see why it matters what cars are in which season.
And the Talby goes to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whoever thought up the Story Mode
 6 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:14:49 AM(UTC)
A word of warning.
If you want to use the Vauxhall Monaro on this week’s trail, be aware that it tends to get stuck on the last track (the one in the city.)
There’s a ridge on the final part of the track that it can’t drive over while other cars can. I found out the hard way and it’s like hitting an invisible wall.
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:25:50 AM(UTC)
Family Car Frenzy Seasonal Championship

https://youtu.be/YV0QzXgl1og

5 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:49:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Xymot666 Go to Quoted Post
it is impossible to score 1 million skill points in this week's Shelby GT500 challenge. even with the skill bonus radio song is going, the game decides EVERY TIME to rob me of my skill point chain even though i'm still scoring points. way to go Turn 10, yet another [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] challenge that can't be completed. and yes, i have EVERY perk unlocked for this car.

I did it piece meal over the Dunes at about 175+K per run! The 1 million is accumulative, not in one go. Others may have a different way tho'!

Edited by user Friday, August 9, 2019 8:59:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:56:56 AM(UTC)

Rob how ? I didn't have any problems with it, made 1 million in one run without skill song.

Edited by user Friday, August 9, 2019 8:59:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:11:27 AM(UTC)
I'm pretty sure the new cars are the only ones I don't already have yet. I'll double check tonight. I might be missing the Ken Block helmet, but it's Playground Games, so not worth it. Ok, ok, it's been a few months, so maybe I'll take a crack at it.

And a high value car in the Forzathon shop too. I don't think I have that one yet, so bonus.

All in all, I've got to say, it's a pretty mellow playlist this month. I'm not complaining. It's August. It's summer. I've got stuff in IRL that I want to do. There's stuff to do in game, but no pressure to grind away at. I like it.
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:17:56 AM(UTC)

The Shelby doesn't have the skill songs perk so it will make no difference if a skill song is playing. I tried it in the car as it comes with no tune or upgrades. It was accumulating skill points but very slowly so I upgraded it to S1. I usually get skills at an area to the North of the Wind Farm which has small trees/saplings, fences, stone walls, jumps and I get mostly wreckage, landscaping, combo and air skills and by turning traction off I get drift skills in between the others to stop the chain breaking. You don't need to do 1 million in one chain but I think everything needs to be done in one session.

Some people use the airstrip. With it being Autumn some of the fields have groups of bales and even with the perk which stops the first collision breaking the skill chain, groups of bales can easily destroy a skill chain.

The points didn't accumulate as fast as they do with my normal skill farming vehicle but compared to some challenges I found it easy to complete.

Edited by user Friday, August 9, 2019 8:58:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:26:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: msb247 Go to Quoted Post
The Shelby doesn't have the skill songs perk so it will make no difference if a skill song is playing.

Skill Songs take the multiplier to 10x and builds twice as quickly, regardless of perks. That's the entire point of Skill Songs.
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:27:26 AM(UTC)

If you do the Drag Challenge at the air strip you are right near to a bunch of stuff that you can smash up. If you side swipe everything your points build up faster. The only things you can hit to end the chain are a couple of trees, and a couple of tractors.. stay away from them, and keep spinning around.

Edited by user Friday, August 9, 2019 8:58:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:51:10 AM(UTC)
it is impossible to score 1 million skill points in this week's Shelby GT500 challenge

Originally Posted by: LongFort75 Go to Quoted Post
A word of warning.
If you want to use the Vauxhall Monaro on this week’s trail, be aware that it tends to get stuck on the last track (the one in the city.)
There’s a ridge on the final part of the track that it can’t drive over while other cars can. I found out the hard way and it’s like hitting an invisible wall.

I too got this issue. The Monaro got its 15 minutes of glory, I don't think I'll drive it again.

Edited by user Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:53:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#17 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:54:50 AM(UTC)
It's accumulative anyway, you don't have to get it in one go, and I haven't had a skill song for about 6 months for some reason.

Edited by user Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:55:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 10:09:02 AM(UTC)

You don't have to do it in one shot. I did two runs for 500.000 and it worked

Edited by user Friday, August 9, 2019 8:57:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 10:32:56 AM(UTC)
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 10:40:52 AM(UTC)
Did the trial change?

Did it one time so far. Full 12 car roster, 5 players, 7 drivatars. Scored 750 each race. Fortunately, two of the 5 quit second race, the other two did good enough to win races 2 and 3. Used the forzathon weekly Ford mustang tuned to A800, start 2 of 3 races dead last, was in 1st in all 3 races by 2nd turn. Apparently my tuned for that mustang is ridiculously quick.

Vice president, moderated club.
#21 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:14:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
It's accumulative anyway, you don't have to get it in one go, and I haven't had a skill song for about 6 months for some reason.

Check to make sure you still own the Huntsman Lodge within your game. For some reason a couple weeks ago, I lost my double forzathon points and had to re-purchase the house with that perk. Of course, that could be a bug related to VIP status and not related to your issue. It is worth a shot checking though.

#22 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:15:47 AM(UTC)
I was able to do the Forzathon and The Trial with the same Ford Shelby Cobra. Coincidentally, the cobra goes straight to 800 when you make it AWD and that is all you have to do in order to smoke the CPUs. You can use my tune if you like.
#23 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:20:01 AM(UTC)
All three Seasonal PR stunts are possible with any high S2/X with decent grip (I used an upgraded Mosler.) This was the easiest week in a while for PR stunts - all completed on the first try with no rewinds.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:32:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HaVoCStrikes Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

Check to make sure you still own the Huntsman Lodge within your game. For some reason a couple weeks ago, I lost my double forzathon points and had to re-purchase the house with that perk. Of course, that could be a bug related to VIP status and not related to your issue. It is worth a shot checking though.

Yes you were right, my Huntsman's Lodge had vanished. I found it in the woods, don't know if I have ever used it. But I used to have skill songs, and now I just got them back again.
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:43:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LongFort75 Go to Quoted Post
A word of warning.

yep even with rally suspension on highest ride height = bang dead stop,
strange how the AI can go over with no problem at all, almost as if they cheat!
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error