This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 7:55:30 PM(UTC)
Go ahead and list your least favorite or most hated races in the game...

Cross County: Ridge

Dirt: Gauntlet

Road: Elmsdon

Street: Amble Ascent
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2019 6:58:29 PM(UTC)

Ambleside village circuit: there's not a passing opportunity on the whole course, and it's so short-coupled, narrow, and tight that it's more of a demolition derby than a race.

I don't know what you've got against Elmsdon. There are no good passing opportunities past the mid-point of the course, and those two high-speed downhill right-angle turns are really hard to drive well. But it can be won, if you drive the first half well, and that's all that counts.

1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 12:11:09 AM(UTC)
The Boneshaker. It needs to be nerfed, or forced up into S1.
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 2:18:31 AM(UTC)
Yes Ambleside village circuit has such short bursts of speed, then brake... Ai love that.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 6:00:59 AM(UTC)
Cross Country: The Titan. There's one part of the course with a tight turn near a church that always tricks me into going off the track and missing the checkpoint.
Dirt: Broadway Village Scramble. It might has well have been a road racing circuit. The AI always slingshot up behind you on the big straight.
Road: Edinburgh Station Circuit. It's a really fast paced and tight circuit with obstacles like guardrails on the sidewalks which slow your car down so much
Street Scene: All of them. They're just chaotic. There's nearly no space for clean overtakes in street races.
Playground Games: Flag Rush. The camping is a nuisance, even though it's the most effective way for defenders to deny the opponent's flags. Overall I never understood why the Playground Games are always offroad courses. Midtown Madness had a game mode called Cops and Robbers which used the whole map, which in this case was mostly road.
 4 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:49:56 AM(UTC)
Any and all events that involve drifting
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:19:17 AM(UTC)

I'm with @R3L04D: I hate the street scene races - all of them. For almost all of them you're racing at night, in streaming rain, with civilian street traffic both ways that's obscured by the fog of rain water raised by the cars ahead of you. The cars you're racing against all somehow seem to be able to accelerate faster than yours, and the highly aggressive AI driving turns the thing into a demolition derby. Inevitably, probably more than once, you're going to slam into some poor hapless civilian, and by the time you've extracted yourself from it three or four of the competitors you've been working so hard to stay ahead of have sailed past you. I usually win my road races against strong competition, only rarely finishing off of the podium, but in these miserable things I feel lucky if I can salvage a finish in the top half of the pack. I've run them all at least once, but having done that I won't be back if I can help it.
 4 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:33:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ReportedPeak2 Go to Quoted Post

I'm with @R3L04D: I hate the street scene races - all of them. For almost all of them you're racing at night, in streaming rain, with civilian street traffic both ways that's obscured by the fog of rain water raised by the cars ahead of you. The cars you're racing against all somehow seem to be able to accelerate faster than yours, and the highly aggressive AI driving turns the thing into a demolition derby. Inevitably, probably more than once, you're going to slam into some poor hapless civilian, and by the time you've extracted yourself from it three or four of the competitors you've been working so hard to stay ahead of have sailed past you. I usually win my road races against strong competition, only rarely finishing off of the podium, but in these miserable things I feel lucky if I can salvage a finish in the top half of the pack. I've run them all at least once, but having done that I won't be back if I can help it.
Interestingly enough, (or perhapd not, lol) the street races are among my most favorite of all events.

The original Forza Horizon remains my most favorite of the entire Forza franchise, and the street races are one of the few things that remain from the original Horizon. To me it fits the spirit of Horizon more than any of the circuit races.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:36:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:49:54 AM(UTC)
Cross Country: Aerodrome Circuit (boring, flat figure 8 with no real off-road elements - lame!)

Dirt: Mudkickers' 4x4 Scramble (fantastic location, pitiful course design that omitted some great elements)

Road: The Needle Climb/The Needle Descent (tie - both are murder on my hands)

Street: Glenfinnan Chase (combining poor visibility/winding road/constant water hazard a bit overkill)
I have a vocabulary and I don’t apologize for it.
#Rivals #OpenClasss #LowerClasses #AMCPacerX
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 9:42:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Any and all events that involve drifting

Same here, followed closely by the Skill Points collecting.
And the Talby goes to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whoever thought up the Story Mode
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 10:00:45 AM(UTC)
Any short-track race with 3-laps when I'm starting in last position on the unbeatable setting. Come on, give me two more laps.
BadRiver
Forza Veteran
Microsoft Xbox One X
 4 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 10:04:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BadRiver Go to Quoted Post
Any short-track race with 3-laps when I'm starting in last position on the unbeatable setting. Come on, give me two more laps.

You can Blueprint the same event and add as many laps as you want!!

2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 10:16:24 AM(UTC)
All very good replies. Street races are probably my favorite but those tight corners going through the city of Ambleside Ascent is enough to ruin your race 60 seconds in.

I dont mind Elsmdon except for the last 10 or 15% of the race. The hard left, then the s-turn while going downhill, then a hard left. In S2 its almost impossible not to miss a flag in that area unless you brake tremendously.

I dont like Gauntlet because its entirely too long. Even when S2 dirt was a thing, it would take at least 9 mins to finish. Ambleside dirt is okay if you can get ahead of the pack early but as you guys said, no passing areas. B class is just about ruined because of the Tracktor & I refuse to use it like the Bone Shaker.

When it comes to Titan I had to figure that same turn out myself, I try to stay close to the tower when approaching that church, its a quick reminder its a hard right approaching.

2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 10:17:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ReportedPeak2 Go to Quoted Post

Interestingly enough, (or perhapd not, lol) the street races are among my most favorite of all events.

The original Forza Horizon remains my most favorite of the entire Forza franchise, and the street races are one of the few things that remain from the original Horizon. To me it fits the spirit of Horizon more than any of the circuit races.

Street Races are my favourite in FH2,3 and 4. Haven't played the first. Can't invalidate anyone's opinion and experience and actual purpose of topic but we have streets wide enough for five cars to advance in line and for four cars to maneuver. It's tight, sometimes chaotic but that's what makes it fun. Experience from yesterday evening. Raced Marathon with stock Ford Shelby GT500 I think for second or third time with that car. This time I made couple of mistakes, burned too much rubber in start, was bit hasty on left turn going past the festival site, hit traffic car and spun, fell to last position. Started climbing back up, got distracted by something and hit another Drivatar car, but Shelby is a beast and in final wide curve after downhill turning to last segment towards goal I got the leading Drivatar racer. Racing Drivatar was outside, I was inside, there was traffic car between us and immediately after that second Drivatar that got passed the same way and there I got the lead and ended winning the race.

I race on Pro difficulty with braking line on, no other driving assists. Rewind feature is on but I rarely use it, didn't needed it in this race either and usually if things look bad I prefer to lose the race and learn how it works instead of using it.

Few weeks ago I had time to do all the Street Races in game with stock '87 Nissan Skyline GTS-R while listening to music via Spotify app. Lost three of those races and redid to figure out what trick I missed on those routes but I don't know if I was even racing, just having fun.

If experience of Street Races is bad, then it is but I recommend trying them on lower difficulty, lower class cars because I can see them being frustrating with say Modern Hypercars on higher difficulties. There's that in that class not every car is winning car on stock despite PI, reaction times are shorter due the higher speeds and effect of every human error is magnitudes bigger than on lower classes etc. Also not everything works the same on every route. For example from Road Races I really don't enjoy one short circuit in Ambleside on upper A-class muscle cars, but it's really fun with lower class Hothatches.

But to main topic here:

Cross Country as whole is quite a hit or miss for me. I think it's okay feature but compared to other scenes there's just something that doesn't feel right about it.

Road Races: There aren't that many technical and variable routes in game. Custom routes help though.

Dirt Races: Too much tarmac and they don't take full advantage of what map makes possible. Custom routes to help. For what's in game for the Gauntlet has been really awesome experience though.

Street Races: No ability to make custom routes in this scene. I'm stuck with what's in the game and over time racing them over and over gets repetitive.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:44:35 AM(UTC)
I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but......
I really hate the Horizon stories. Just finished World's Fastest Taxi and Laracer and they have found a way to make a bunch of really nice cars handle horribly for the sake of making the specific event challenging. The events are frustrating and in some I've had to rewind dozens of times. I know that in some you MUST take the car offroad, but even on asphalt they are borderline impossible to manage. fyi, I'm a wheel and pedals PC player. "Frustration" is not a trait I look for in a game.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:43:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galaxie5002012 Go to Quoted Post
I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but......
I really hate the Horizon stories. Just finished World's Fastest Taxi and Laracer and they have found a way to make a bunch of really nice cars handle horribly for the sake of making the specific event challenging. The events are frustrating and in some I've had to rewind dozens of times. I know that in some you MUST take the car offroad, but even on asphalt they are borderline impossible to manage. fyi, I'm a wheel and pedals PC player. "Frustration" is not a trait I look for in a game.

I dont mind going offroad in any car to be honest but it MUST have rally suspension, otherwise its hell on wheels lol

#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:04:27 AM(UTC)
Some of these cars have drag tires....... what a nightmare.
 2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 11:47:32 PM(UTC)
Really hating the road race event at ambleside circuit
Probably made worse this week with the trials 2nd race there in winter
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 12:52:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galaxie5002012 Go to Quoted Post
Some of these cars have drag tires....... what a nightmare.

You do know you can change tires
#20 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 3:44:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Cross Country: Aerodrome Circuit (boring, flat figure 8 with no real off-road elements - lame!)

Is this that race with the concrete pipes in it at the beginning and the shortcut that isn't really a shortcut followed by the huge jumps that are pointless and narrow middle area between them? If so I agree 110%. LAME!!!! The Cross Country tracks are mostly garbage in this game IMO.

Edited by user Monday, August 19, 2019 3:45:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 2 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 5:12:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AgentPaper89 Go to Quoted Post

The "Boneshaker" is a race?

1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2019 6:44:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AgentPaper89 Go to Quoted Post

The "Boneshaker" is a race?

LOL its not a race but damnit sometimes the whole field was full of them 7 or 8, it might as well have its own race haha

1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2019 7:39:21 AM(UTC)
Anything on small circuits with tight turns and no passing opportunities. Trail races, and larger circuits are perfectly fine. But I've grown to hate anything that's too short or technical to have a fighting chance. You get blocked by 3 wide AI at any turn, and by the time you've broken free of that, you've run out of laps to overtake the lead. Ambleside circuit comes to mind, and one of the city courses in Lego valley. Same with something like Rio short in FM 7, though at least there you've got some wider parts where you can pass. But get some 20+ AI in there, and the circuit's so short that you overtake backmarkers whether you're in the lead or not.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:44:45 PM(UTC)
I like all the tracks but REALLY dread the Ambleside Scramble! I find it very difficult to pass anywhere and keep a lead in online racing.

I've had some bad experiences at the Mortimer Gardens Scramble too.

I really don't mind any tarmac circuits and trails, but the Holyrood Park Circuit right turn with the fencing on exit gives me fits.

Cross Country is fine across the board too, although the Rail Yard CC Circuit really seems like it should be a dirt race.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:45:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Notification

Icon
Error