94 Pages<<8788899091>>PrevNext
#2201 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 7:50:26 PM(UTC)
Perhaps consider adding the Meyers Manx to the no-no list on the C600?

And, 🎵 Ohhh, FNnnnn, I've already picked off your Manx 🎵😘
Every train needs a caboose, right?
#2202 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 2:00:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Perhaps consider adding the Meyers Manx to the no-no list on the C600?

And, 🎵 Ohhh, FNnnnn, I've already picked off your Manx 🎵😘

Nice time, I don't think I will be able to beat it in anything other than a Manx though (and probably not even then tbh). I already tried in the Civic 74 yesterday to no avail.

edit - went 4 tenths quicker in the Manx but still a tenth slower than you. Wasn't much wrong with my run but other Manxes are 8 seconds quicker (!) so I guess I need to switch tunes.

Tried the MC12 FE to no avail at Edinburgh.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 9, 2021 2:41:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2203 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 2:05:12 AM(UTC)
(double post due to forum error...)

Edited by user Tuesday, February 9, 2021 2:06:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#2204 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 7:55:48 AM(UTC)
I've gone 5th with the '74 Civic for C class Lakehurst Forest Trail, the fastest time with that car now. I changed my tune quite a bit from the one I shared 4 months ago, so I've shared this as a v2. It's heavier but more powerful, and has a higher power to weight ratio than my previous tune. It seems similar to what HorizonFra used, whereas he was pulling away quite a bit on straights, but struggling in corners, relative to me when I used my previous tune. My time can definitely be improved on with better driving, 4th is within reach for sure, and maybe even 3rd, but it's hard to see the top two being beaten with it.

The key to fast times is to use small steering inputs to avoid any sliding, you need really smooth big arcs through the checkpoint flags.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 9, 2021 7:56:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2205 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 9:39:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Started off with the ID. R because you can use it so rarely and I like it. Mid 1:59s currently but sub 59 should be possible. Just have to get used to its width. Those splitters & spoilers love getting stuck everywhere.

ID.R is a totally different experience and I like it! The thing is huge though and street furniture kills it! How did you tune your suspension Rayne? I tried myself but I feel I got in a blind alley.
 1 user liked this post.
#2206 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 9:44:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
I've gone 5th with the '74 Civic for C class Lakehurst Forest Trail, the fastest time with that car now. I changed my tune quite a bit from the one I shared 4 months ago, so I've shared this as a v2. It's heavier but more powerful, and has a higher power to weight ratio than my previous tune. It seems similar to what HorizonFra used, whereas he was pulling away quite a bit on straights, but struggling in corners, relative to me when I used my previous tune. My time can definitely be improved on with better driving, 4th is within reach for sure, and maybe even 3rd, but it's hard to see the top two being beaten with it.

The key to fast times is to use small steering inputs to avoid any sliding, you need really smooth big arcs through the checkpoint flags.

I've gone a little quicker with this. Nowhere remotely as fast as your time but at least I've given Squryl some more work to do 😁
#2207 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 10:04:31 AM(UTC)
Lakehurst Forest S1
Hoonigan Bronco - tried only with Greeteddust tune, so don't know if it can be tuned with less weight/power. That tune have to much power.
Dodge SRT Demon - was bouncing everywhere. Best time was around 1:54. I was using that car (and Ferrari 288 GTO) in ranked S1 dirt when I was starting my adventure with ranked in FH4
Ford GT40 '64 - got power, but was sliding on each corner
Quadra Turbo - Pretty nice, but didn't like how front end was behaving. Did low 1:50.
Hoonigan RS200 - cause I'm a **** :P I think I can shave some time, but not much.

On my list to do in S1: Opel Manta, one of the MX5s, Quartz Regalia, one of the Mustangs. Probably will try also RAM TRX, Lola and that 718 WP.

Jezza - who was using that 718 WP? Krepis? PO?
#2208 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 10:35:11 AM(UTC)
Don’t recall anyone using the 718 Zip but it would be the type of car Krepiis might use. I’m using a tune by DaddyBee42 - Hlundh has a faster one but it’s very unstable on this course. Current top 3 is very close (in very different cars):

Aleriooon - 1.48.509 (TRX)
Jezza - 1.48.609 (718 WP)
Ziperr - 1.48.636 (Hoonigan RS200)
#2209 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 8:37:34 AM(UTC)
1.49.009 with the ariel nomad my tune. The car is capable of much more but putting a clean lap is so hard. Especially the downhill part is a nightmare.
 1 user liked this post.
#2210 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 11:44:23 AM(UTC)
Arrrghhh! Don't know what is going wrong tonight, don't think i have managed one clean lap on any of the 3 rivals challenges. Tried doing some Quickplay TA events to warm up but NO, been sailing past Checkpoints like i am driving a Cruise Ship.....Might go and watch the FA Cup game so i can laugh at Jose Mourinho looking grumpier than i feel :)
#2211 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 12:34:24 PM(UTC)
Damn, Lola is pretty quick. Did 1:48,1, and dirty 1:47,7. I think there is still some space. I need to work on that uphill part to get better line.

On the other hand. Did one run in Baja WP. Did flagged 1:45,0, so time good enough for 8th place.

Jezza - did you try that Bigburgh MH tryouts blueprint? I did like 5 laps with best time 1:45,3 and probably could go under 1:45 without cutting, but was it supposed to be like that?

M0rt4LC0iL - yeah, sometimes it is just better to let go and do something else. The worst thing you can do is force yourself. Worst time I did that was in ranked session - lost first adventure, so started second to recover points, but lost again, so started another and so on. It was bad day for my mental health :)
#2212 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 6:43:23 PM(UTC)
Haven't had much time this week but took 20 minutes to improve by about 0.3 on Edinburgh City Sprint. Tried out the MC12 Corsa and it handles great but may lose too much on acceleration. Hopefully I can find an hour or two Friday to work on this event and Lakehurst Forest, COVID cases are so low locally (single digits) that real life is starting to pick up again!
#2213 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 11:03:00 PM(UTC)
What tune did you use with the Corsa?

Tried a couple of laps myself, it handles like a charm.
CCGT is faster, dont know about the idr.
#2214 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2021 5:50:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MatteoSmot Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Started off with the ID. R because you can use it so rarely and I like it. Mid 1:59s currently but sub 59 should be possible. Just have to get used to its width. Those splitters & spoilers love getting stuck everywhere.

ID.R is a totally different experience and I like it! The thing is huge though and street furniture kills it! How did you tune your suspension Rayne? I tried myself but I feel I got in a blind alley.

50%/50% for the springs & dampers, ride height slightly above min, arbs 1/65.
It doesn't like the bumps though and I'm not entirely confident in my current setup. It has grip for days while turning but occassionaly it starts wheelspinning/sliding - especially when going on/off the curbs.
Certainly not optimal because this car needs absolute trust through turns to get its pace down.
Need to work on that for sub 59s.
#2215 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2021 12:19:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BaronTRB Go to Quoted Post
What tune did you use with the Corsa?

Tried a couple of laps myself, it handles like a charm.
CCGT is faster, dont know about the idr.

Nalak's tune, it's called "Uhh." It's extremely stable but a little lacking in power. I gave the Apollo IE a two runs last night and it has a significant enough power gain with similar handling that I improved by a hair. That was using CODCAOS' Astmoor tune.
#2216 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 3:45:44 PM(UTC)
I’ve been trying the Lola and Nomad at S1 dirt. Neither are much fun - fall into FN’s category of fast but difficult. The tune I think Alfatar may be using for his very quick Nomad time (Scaans) is literally impossible for me. I’ve slightly improved my best time using Baron’s (good work on the tune!) but there’s plenty more time if anyone has the patience to try and tame it.

The Lola isn’t as bad but still very difficult to get to drive straight and i think even i did manage to somehow get a perfect run it’s probably only capable of about 1.47.5 anyway, so not worth the time I’d need to put in.

Switched to the TZ2 - Rocklxd’s tune. This car is a dream to drive. It’s so secure on the bumps that you can focus on getting the car properly lined up for the corners, rather than fighting to keep it straight. It doesn’t have the same potential as the Nomad but I’ve gone a few tenths quicker, as I can avoid errors in it. 1.47.541.

Edited by user Saturday, February 13, 2021 5:23:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2217 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2021 10:48:46 AM(UTC)
Hey guys! Hope everyone is safe and well? As you know i have been having real frustration with the challenges this week, great tracks/races but i have been struggling (driver error). So after 10 or so dirty laps tonight i thought "lets take a break" so i took my car to the local service station to top up on fuel and get some snacks for a night in front of the TV, well.....it didn't go so well........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bzWAJELT4E

:D
#2218 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2021 11:27:11 AM(UTC)
Seems like my default reaction to everything these days. 😄

My grandmother also had that same jacket when I was young. 🦺
#2219 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2021 7:36:42 PM(UTC)
1:47.774 and ready to pack it in on Lakehurst Forest Trail. This is an extremely aggravating track for Rivals even in something as stable as the TRX, there are so many little bumps that can alter a line and ruin a whole run. Couple that with some high speed corners and over a third of the checkpoints needing to be juuuuust touched in order to hit the proper line and you've got a major pain in the rear of a rivals event. I think the TRX is capable of low 1:47s in my hands, maybe a high 1:46, but it would require a lot of time and a lot of good luck to set such a time.

Got into the low 1:59s on Edinburgh City with the Apollo. It's the best of the non-CCGT options for this track IMO, although there are a couple very fast MC12 FE times on the board.

Edited by user Sunday, February 14, 2021 6:54:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#2220 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2021 12:44:09 PM(UTC)
I think I gave them enough runs this week.

S1: 1:59:853 Ram
C: 2:18:105 Civic

I generally avoid S2. Too fast for my eyes.
 1 user liked this post.
#2221 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 4:13:30 AM(UTC)
Definitely some tough events this week. I’m going to leave open until Wednesday as I’ve not really had time to try the S2 or C class nor have I selected a new event.

If anyone wants to propose a new event in the meantime, feel free to do so. I was thinking a C class road event might be entertaining (probably with Peel and Roadster banned).
 2 users liked this post.
#2222 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 4:35:53 AM(UTC)
I was hoping for a S1 or A street/road but C is cool also. Will have a look after i finish work for some tracks to suggest.

Also does everyone taking part have the Lego and Fortune Island expansions?
#2223 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 5:22:30 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the extension; I thought I was out of luck as I've hardly gotten to any of them this week and then wasted the morning on that other post.

The expansions have some really great routes, dare I say the best of H4, so any potential for time spent focused on either gets my vote. 👍🏻
#2224 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 6:05:11 AM(UTC)
Expansions is good for me, its been ages since i used them.
 1 user liked this post.
#2225 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 8:07:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: M0rt4LC0iL Go to Quoted Post
I was hoping for a S1 or A street/road but C is cool also. Will have a look after i finish work for some tracks to suggest.

Also does everyone taking part have the Lego and Fortune Island expansions?

I think we have agreed to assume everyone has them for the purposes of choosing events. At this point in the game's life most serious players will have got them by now.
94 Pages<<8788899091>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error