109 Pages<<8586878889>>PrevNext
#2151 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2021 4:06:58 PM(UTC)
Ran 8 times in the 2:01s and failed to beat my current time even once. Had a dirty 2:01.3 with a lovetap on the wall in one of the early chicanes. Very annoyed.
 4 users liked this post.
#2152 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2021 11:17:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Aleriooon Go to Quoted Post
Ran 8 times in the 2:01s and failed to beat my current time even once.

Good! You are quick enough as it is for us to follow.
I did a terrible start to your ghost, i decided to complete the track to practice, at the end i improved my record!

I used the NSX in ranked and beat a tier 2 opponent (i am tier 6) it is a beast!
#2153 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 1:46:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone recommend some good tune for Alfa 155? I tried few, but can't match the pace even of the ghost that is right above my GT40 time. Even with using rewind after rewind I can't keep up.

Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
Off topic, but I hope no one will be offended :)
For past few weeks I was trying to get into Failrace event. Yesterday I was 2nd on reserve list. 3 people from main list couldn't make it so I was in.
Will add YT link when video will be out.

https://www.youtube.com/...v=L18-KisMisw&t=255s
I really should have used winter/offroad tires. Especially with my 0-1 throttle control.
Did some testing right now and set lap times in rivals for tracks from race 1,2,3 and 5. Tune shared under name "wb lite". Tune with winter tires of course.

I couldn’t find one for 155 that I like so I made one by myself. It’s on slick so not the fastest but handle all right. You may try it
 1 user liked this post.
#2154 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 2:03:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BaronTRB Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Aleriooon Go to Quoted Post
Ran 8 times in the 2:01s and failed to beat my current time even once.

Good! You are quick enough as it is for us to follow.
I did a terrible start to your ghost, i decided to complete the track to practice, at the end i improved my record!

I used the NSX in ranked and beat a tier 2 opponent (i am tier 6) it is a beast!

Nice time Baron 👍. I find that as well sometimes - you relax because of a mistake at the start and the rest flows perfectly, so you end up going quicker overall!
#2155 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 2:13:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Ribeye - I can’t see that you set a time at the above course. I have your time for the current one.

Which course isn't it showing my time for? (sorry for missing your reply)

#2156 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 2:21:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OdEssA VL Go to Quoted Post
The first part, before the 90 degree right turn is the part that i need to do better.

I now using the Maserati MC12 (Rockxld tune) and i found my way around the first part ;-) I improved to 2:05.692
*Thanks for the Glen Rannoch times Jezza !
 2 users liked this post.
#2157 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 4:11:27 AM(UTC)
I’ve gone a bit quicker using Rocklxd’s drag tyres Ford GT, so current leaderboard:

Jezza - 2.01.088 - Ford GT
Ziperr - 2.01.713 - Ford GT
Alerioon - 2.01.822 - NSX
Baron - 2.02.923 - NSX
RB033 - 2.03.369 - F1
Bree - 2.04.564 - 570s
Rex - 2.04.691 - F1
Smoke - 2.05.292 - NSX
Odessa - 2.05.692 - MC12
Matteo - 2.06.026 - Alfa 155
FN - 2.06.099 - NSX
Runruss - 2.08.061 - NSX
Spiko - 2.10.164 - EB110
M0rt - 2.10.898 - Zonda C
PABO - 2.12.399 - BMW M3 GTS
PiratePenguin - 2.14.468 - Ford GT
Ribeye - 2.24.645 - Countach
#2158 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 4:23:55 AM(UTC)
Quick question, i am at work so cant check, which version of the MC12 are you guys using, bog standard? I have 3 the FE, standard and the version corsa, whatever its called.

Ta
CoiL
 1 user liked this post.
#2159 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 4:55:14 AM(UTC)
Standard version. I think the FE can also just get within S1 but I haven’t tried it and the Corsa I think is S2 only.
#2160 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 6:42:09 AM(UTC)
Cheers :)
#2161 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 8:22:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ribeyefan Go to Quoted Post
Ribeye - I can’t see that you set a time at the above course. I have your time for the current one.

It was last weeks one - A class at Glen Rannoch road but I now think I see the issue. I think you recorded a time at Glen Rannoch dirt. Explains why you were at 3 minutes! I can confirm that you have the right course this week!
#2162 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 10:22:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ribeyefan Go to Quoted Post

It was last weeks one - A class at Glen Rannoch road but I now think I see the issue. I think you recorded a time at Glen Rannoch dirt. Explains why you were at 3 minutes! I can confirm that you have the right course this week!

Ah cool, cheers. I'll get that done tomorrow (way too shattered atm (been grinding the new Spring ones - only one left is Classic Collectibles (tried it twice, only getting 4th, blaming it on tiredness lol))).
#2163 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 5:53:26 AM(UTC)
I've been under the weather this week and haven't touched xbox; how much time do I have left to post a stinky time? 😄

Edited by user Sunday, February 7, 2021 5:54:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: "Poopy" gets the filter? Really?

Every train needs a caboose, right?
 1 user liked this post.
#2164 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 6:09:49 AM(UTC)
Rest of today Squryl!
 1 user liked this post.
#2165 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 6:53:59 AM(UTC)
I won’t re-post the leaderboard but I see Aleriooon has gone 0.025 quicker than Ziperr. Closest battle for position!
#2166 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 11:59:31 AM(UTC)
Tried the NSX-R with Rock’s tune and lost the back end on nearly every turn and lost time due to it and couldn’t beat my Ford GT time because of it. Tried a different tune (Markasmith?) geared more toward grip and after a few attempts finally had my GT ghost beat until the final straight when it caught me and finished with the same exact time to the 0, lol.

Is there a good tutorial somewhere for getting faster/better to be more competitive in these? I don’t consider myself a bad driver/player - frequently win weekly Trials, play on unbeatable or pro for everything, have gotten better and clawed against the bad scoring system up into rank 10 in free for all, but I can’t sniff most of these rivals times.

Something I must be missing, besides being in my 40s with lasik monovision and slower reflexes. ;-p (Or I’m just old!)

If it helps, I play on series x controllers, normal steering, all assists off).
 1 user liked this post.
#2167 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 1:34:36 PM(UTC)
Hey bud, i am in the same boat as you, wrong side of 40, right side of 50. Colour blind and in need of a new eye test. Can't get one just now so Hey **** Carry On. Struggled with the NSX-R as well, couldn't tame the back end. I have found the Zonda C to be very grippy just have not managed to get the best out of it yet, Creed Zade tune 124 227 155. Well worth a blast.
#2168 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 1:44:45 PM(UTC)
Got a little advice from Jezza and shaved off 3 seconds.

NSX-R, Rocklxd ranked tune: 2:11:281

Progress! 😜
 2 users liked this post.
#2169 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 2:28:52 PM(UTC)
I’m also in my 40s guys, so until you are within a second or so of my time, I’m not allowing these age excuses 😂. I don’t think there are any shortcuts unfortunately. It’s practice and repetition, racing against your own ghosts and others to see where you are losing time.
 2 users liked this post.
#2170 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 2:35:34 PM(UTC)
I’m also in my 40s guys, so until you are within a second or so of my time, I’m not allowing these age excuses 😂. I don’t think there are any shortcuts unfortunately. It’s practice and repetition, racing against your own ghosts and others to see where you are losing time.

Aw Heck, i have loads more excuses up my sleeve :D

#2171 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 2:41:31 PM(UTC)
😂 fair enough! Penguin - in the battle of the “old” men, you need another 0.4 seconds to catch M0rt!

I am currently just doing a bit of ranked team for a bit of fun on my own. If anyone wants to join, drop me a message and I’ll add you. Will be playing for the next hour or so.

Edited by user Sunday, February 7, 2021 2:44:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2172 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 3:23:56 PM(UTC)
I would love to, but the game doesn't load past me pressing continue in the main menu. This has happened oodles of times in the past, and now all the workarounds don't fix it...
#2173 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 3:43:21 PM(UTC)
😂 fair enough! Penguin - in the battle of the “old” men, you need another 0.4 seconds to catch M0rt!

I am currently just doing a bit of ranked team for a bit of fun on my own. If anyone wants to join, drop me a message and I’ll add you. Will be playing for the next hour or so.

I can't make it tonight but would love to join another time. I kind of ran out of time to work on Derwent Lakeside, I think I can get to 2:01.3xx with more work but that's where the NSX caps out in my hands.
 3 users liked this post.
#2174 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 3:55:58 PM(UTC)
I tried rocklxd's drag tyre Ford GT tunes. Started with the RWD one, but didn't like it. Did a bit better with the AWD one, improving my time to 2:03.5. Driving against Jezza's ghost, I'm guessing he used the RWD one. I'm feeling too tired to drive well tonight, so might have another go with the RWD one in the morning, and might also have another go at building/tuning it myself.

Re the "old men" discussion above, I'm in my 50s, so no excuses from anyone in their 40s who is slower than me!
#2175 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 4:18:47 PM(UTC)
I am using the RWD one Bree. Think I did 2.01.7/8 with the AWD one. Also did 2.01.7 with the Countach (your tune) and 2.01.5 with Rayne’s 155. I could go quicker with all of them but I’m fairly confident Rock’s RWD drag tune is the fastest I’ve tried overall.
109 Pages<<8586878889>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error