63 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext
#151 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 3:04:40 PM(UTC)
1:33.081 with 2015 Macan, good for #162.
I spent a good amount of time this weekend with the two Macans on Highland Farms Scramble. With both completely stock, I was running near identical times. With my best builds, the 2019 was a full second ahead....which was good for #68.
#152 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 8:53:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
I'm currently at 1:27.8XX in the '15 Macan.
Angel not far behind in the F-Pace.
Both on stock tires.

I'm sitting on 64th at the moment but if i ever figure out changing gears in manual properly i might catch Angel.............

Might............
#153 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 8:57:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galaxie5002012 Go to Quoted Post
I spent a good amount of time this weekend with the two Macans on Highland Farms Scramble. With both completely stock, I was running near identical times. With my best builds, the 2019 was a full second ahead....which was good for #68.

Haven't really given the Macan 2019 a good run yet. I'll see how i go on the one you ran.

Gears really need tuning in that one.
#154 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 4:44:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post

Haven't really given the Macan 2019 a good run yet. I'll see how i go on the one you ran.

Gears definitely need tuning and I only drive automatic so there are some areas of Greendale Foothills Scramble that I am definitely not getting the RPM's I want. Highland Farms is a less complex track so the gearing deficiency isn't so bad there.
#155 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:06:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post

Gears definitely need tuning and I only drive automatic so there are some areas of Greendale Foothills Scramble that I am definitely not getting the RPM's I want. Highland Farms is a less complex track so the gearing deficiency isn't so bad there.

It's got to be launch that gives Rayne that extra second i reckon.......

I can't launch for the life of me lol!!!!!

Although i suspect he's just too good a driver because launch doesn't really factor in circuit races in rivals.

I'll keep trying with the Jag F-Pace i suppose, can't seem to get past 1:29:900 with the Macon.

Got a 54:200 with the F-Pace on Highlands then found a tune for the Macon 15 that got me 53:360 (i think, maybe 53:500 or thereabouts). Currently sitting at around 54th.

Damn thing slows on revs cutting it around the bridge. If i get that down then i could probably get a slightly better time.
#156 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:31:32 PM(UTC)
Gave the F-Pace a shot and after some adjustments I had a pretty solid run with a 1:27.1XX.
Works great with the C63 BS engine.
#157 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:59:51 PM(UTC)
Had a chance to have a solid few laps at this - down to a 1.28.3 in the F-Pace. Not a chance I can gain 1.2 seconds though without finding a significantly quicker tune.

I’m now in 59th place overall. There appear to be 47 bone shakers ahead of me, so I’m calling that 12th really! On that basis, Rayne would be 5th. I do have a Peel 3 places above me - so I’m finding an extra 10th of a second to get past that no matter what!
#158 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:53:38 PM(UTC)
So I had been using the Jag, wanted to see how fast I could go with that before trying the Macan. But I got tired of bad lap times and finally tried the 2015 Macan. Managed to get pretty close to Jezza’s time, went back to the garage to try messing with the gears, got distracted, went back to race Jezza’s ghost again... realized he set an even faster lap in the Jag while I was messing around with upgrades >:-|

ETA: racing y’alls’ ghosts (especially Jezza’s last week) reminds me a lot of this video...

Edited by user Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:57:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#159 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:23:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ForbiddenBeef21 Go to Quoted Post
So I had been using the Jag, wanted to see how fast I could go with that before trying the Macan. But I got tired of bad lap times and finally tried the 2015 Macan. Managed to get pretty close to Jezza’s time, went back to the garage to try messing with the gears, got distracted, went back to race Jezza’s ghost again... realized he set an even faster lap in the Jag while I was messing around with upgrades >:-|

ETA: racing y’alls’ ghosts (especially Jezza’s last week) reminds me a lot of this video...

Lol 😆 - love that video. Sorry Beef. That was quite a big improvement as well.

#160 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 7:00:12 PM(UTC)
I hate it when your 4/5ths of the way around the track, got a decent bit of a lead on your rival, saying to yourself "YES, I GOT THIS" and you slightly tap on the wall on the corner to the home straight.

Was looking at a time of 1:28:890 too...........

Damn, Damn, Damn.......................................

Edited by user Thursday, September 19, 2019 5:33:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#161 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 5:38:46 AM(UTC)
As Moss has closed his FH4 Hot Laps Challenge events for now, what are people’s thoughts on re-starting these less formal challenges? I was thinking of maybe doing three during December if there is enough interest? Seems a good time to do it with Track Tor and BS times removed from the LBs.

Let me know if people are keen. Will also revisit the last event and see where things ended with that.
#162 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 5:54:22 AM(UTC)
@Jezza you can count me in.
#163 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 9:36:43 AM(UTC)
I'll set a slow time on whatever you guys cook up!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#164 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 11:27:39 AM(UTC)
Been hoping to see this post pop up...im in.
#165 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 11:44:36 AM(UTC)

count me in jezza plus a couple from my club too
#166 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:13:21 PM(UTC)
Woohoo! I’m in!

And may I humbly suggest D or C class, 1990’s perhaps..?

(ETA: I lurked on the HLC, but Moss was way too good at picking cars/tracks I was terrible at. Haha)

Edited by user Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:15:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#167 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:02:46 AM(UTC)
Ok, feels there is enough interest to make it worth doing. My inclination is to have a C class road event to start with. Sprungboss (or anyone else who might have done so) - any ideas which ones you might have ran in a Track Tor (if any) which ideally I wouldn’t select?
#168 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:29:07 AM(UTC)
Yep, I'm in too :)
15/15 = 93%
#169 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 4:28:56 AM(UTC)
I prefer these sort of competitions when everyone is in the same car with the same tune (or stock) like the Forza Motorsport bounty hunter events.

(Not that I'd come close anyway, I am like in the realms of top 10% of rivals whereas the times posted here are more like 0.1%)

Edited by user Wednesday, November 27, 2019 4:34:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#170 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 5:24:40 AM(UTC)
I suspect you’d find you set competitive times FN. Generally, people have shared the tunes they have used upon request so you can compare directly to the times set. It’s only a bit of fun - although I confess I spent a long time trying (and failing) to close the 0.1 second gap to Ang3l on the Glen Rannoch trail event we did a few weeks ago!
 1 user liked this post.
#171 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 5:30:07 AM(UTC)
If anyone wants to get back into the swing of it, the SUV Heroes A class Greendale dirt event highlighted in the OP remains open. I think Rayne leads with a 1.27.1 when i checked yesterday. I’ll leave that live until Sunday, and start a new event then.
#172 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 5:53:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
I suspect you’d find you set competitive times FN. Generally, people have shared the tunes they have used upon request so you can compare directly to the times set. It’s only a bit of fun - although I confess I spent a long time trying (and failing) to close the 0.1 second gap to Ang3l on the Glen Rannoch trail event we did a few weeks ago!

I tried one of the past events from this thread to see how I did... Waterhead Sprint A class. Rayne SE who was fastest, has the top 5 time in the whole world which is literally top 0.1%... that's performance in another universe to what I am capable of. I am top 8%, 6.7 seconds behind.

Granted, it's 8% of a small group of people who have done rivals (only 1,599 on that track) so might be top 1% of FH4 players overall. But in the rarefied air of the participants from this thread, it is pedestrian.

I came up against one of the top leaderboard players in an A class race the other day (club '1%') and he just wiped the floor with me and everyone else like he was in an S2 class car or something. I just don't even know how people are that fast.

But yeah I'll maybe give it a go for laughs and giggles...

Edited by user Wednesday, November 27, 2019 5:55:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#173 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:29:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
If anyone wants to get back into the swing of it, the SUV Heroes A class Greendale dirt event highlighted in the OP remains open. I think Rayne leads with a 1.27.1 when i checked yesterday. I’ll leave that live until Sunday, and start a new event then.

At the moment the rivals isn't working for me, I set a time on Greendale but it doesn't register. Anyway the best I did in a few laps was a 1.31.8 so I won't be joining Rayne on the first page of the global leaderboard :p

edit - restarted the game to see if it would fix it, did a 1.31.0, it gives you the CR and influence but then doesn't register your time. Oh well.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:37:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#174 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:23:49 AM(UTC)
That suggests you had probably done a faster time in a Track Tor or Boneshaker on that course (probably Boneshaker as it is A class and that car did dominate the LBs previously). Seems to be a bug that those times are only hidden not removed.
#175 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:32:01 AM(UTC)
I did few warm up lap to testing tune 1,28,7 dirty lap, need to get some sleep and make small fine tunings and try to reach @Jezza14 time.
63 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error