79 Pages<<76777879PrevNext
#1926 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 2:01:21 PM(UTC)
I’ve joined the 44.5 group at the top of the leaderboard, still using the ATS. I was quicker on a previous run before messing up the tricky ending, so fairly confident that one of us will go fastest this week.

Also tried the 08 Viper and had a best of 1.44.8 in that so that’s probably also worth trying for anyone who doesn’t like the ATS. Edit - and a slightly quicker 44.5 in the 570S. Some fairly even cars here 😅.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 5, 2021 6:30:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1927 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 6:07:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
I’ve joined the 44.5 group at the top of the leaderboard, still using the ATS. I was quicker on a previous run before messing up the tricky ending, so fairly confident that one of us will go fastest this week.

Also tried the 08 Viper and had a best of 1.44.8 in that so that’s probably also worth trying for anyone who doesn’t like the ATS.

Looking forward to testing out both. Anything in the 44s is seriously quick, I got into the 45s on 3 consecutive runs last night but couldn't knock my fastest time down any lower.
 1 user liked this post.
#1928 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 1:15:40 AM(UTC)
If people recommend a car, please say what tune you're using...
#1929 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 2:14:19 AM(UTC)
As far as I can tell the Viper tune I used is Gaizi Junet’s “ez drive” one (I don’t have it saved but that matches the stats). The 570s is by Skyinfin.

Matteo (or anyone else) but just saw it’s the car you’ve set your time in. My prior experience is that Skyinfin’s Huracan tune is the best. You might try that and see if it’s better than the one you are using currently.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 6, 2021 10:12:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1930 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 4:23:39 PM(UTC)
Didn't have any luck with the ATS GT, 570S, or Viper. Lots of 1:46s and a 1:45.9 in the 570S but not quite to my taste. Managed to run a 1:44.605 in the NSX-R (Rocklxd's Ranked V1 tune), I was even with Jezza at the end of the straight but I was a hair late on the brakes and missed the line. I didn't think I could get into the 44s when this started so I'm quite pleased regardless.
#1931 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 10:38:55 PM(UTC)
Could run 1.45.5 in 570S and ATS, but the Countach stays ahead for me. Can do 1.44.7 dirty, 1.45.0 clean for me. S1 Snow Scoop is the tune, anyone willing to try and push it another half second?
 1 user liked this post.
#1932 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 11:40:04 PM(UTC)
I set my time with scaans tune on 570S. I tried skyinfin one as it has slightly better stats. It feels a little more oversteery and possibly a smidge looser on the sospension, gearing are a little better for the track. Anyway I think I was a second faster in the countach even if dirty (hlundh tune).
#1933 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 4:38:13 PM(UTC)
Well i thought the Alfa Romeo was going to be fast but damn, not that fast Rayne................................................
 1 user liked this post.
#1934 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 3:48:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
Well i thought the Alfa Romeo was going to be fast but damn, not that fast Rayne................................................

In the dry anyway. I see you set a dry time recently, not sure if you know we're also doing the winter challenge.

Just tried it, went a little quicker than my NSX time with one of Rayne's many tunes shared - not sure which one is best? To say the car has race tyres on, it understeers worse than the dirt tyres NSX I used before.

Edited by user Friday, January 8, 2021 4:14:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1935 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 4:13:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post

In the dry anyway. I see you set a dry time recently, not sure if you know we're also doing the winter challenge.

I got confused by this, too. Jezza told me yesterday about the challenge and because I found the usual suspects on the S900 leaderboard I confidently missed the challenge in winter.

Going to try that today.
#1936 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 4:16:52 AM(UTC)
You have five tunes shared Rayne, is there one you would recommend for dry in particular? I just tried the first one. (I know none of them will probably be good for the winter challenge.)
#1937 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 4:21:41 AM(UTC)
Rex has set a time in the winter one as well (570S as I recall). Sorry Rayne - I switched to the summer one to try the Alfa but the winter one is the actual challenge this week!

FN - try the one that is just “slicks V8”.

Edited by user Friday, January 8, 2021 4:22:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1938 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 4:35:11 AM(UTC)
No problem, Jezza!

"Slicks V8" is the latest and most optimized tune. All others should actually not show anymore because I deleted them all. Storefront issues.
Originally thought all adjustable front wings are identical but the Touring one is slightly different than the DTM and Forza ones. Gives a very minor PI advantage.
#1939 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 5:01:51 AM(UTC)
Ah that was the one I was using in fact.
#1940 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 3:39:41 PM(UTC)
Edged back ahead of Rayne for the time being. Current lb:

Jezza - 1.44.204 (570s - Skyinfin tune)
Rayne - 1.44.321 (570s - own tune?)
Aleriooon - 1.44.538 (NSX - Rocklxd)
RB033 - 1.45.050 (Countach - own tune)
Bree - 1.45.576 (Huracan - probably Skyinfin?)
FullNietzsche - 1.46.533 (Mustang DD - Tdu1platinummod)
Rex - 1.46.874 (570s - ?)
Matteo - 1.48.809 (Countach - Hlundh)
Squryl - 1.50.077 (Saleen S5S - ?)
M0rt - 1.52.546 (33S - ?)
#1941 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 8:07:30 AM(UTC)
Yes, I used the same Huracan tune we used for that road sprint rivals ages ago, probably skyinfin.

I tried tuning the new Alfa 155 with rally tyres, but it's pretty lacking in grip, I only managed a low 1:47.
#1942 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 8:36:02 AM(UTC)
Tidied up the final turn and managed to beat the old WR with a 1:44.471. I don't think I can touch Jezza or Rayne but I'm very content with 3rd regardless.
#1943 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 6:33:35 AM(UTC)
Nice job Alerioon 👍

and nice time as well Smoke - good to see you back! Still using the wheel?
#1944 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 6:55:10 AM(UTC)
Thanks Jezza, it's been a while since I've had the time to have a go at these, so definitely won't be challenging you guys at the top of the leaderboard! And nope, back on controller - I've had to pack the seat and wheel away for a home office like a lot of people I'm sure. I doubt I'll be able to give them all a go but will have a crack when I can :)
15/15 = 93%
#1945 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 9:02:20 AM(UTC)
I'm pretty convinced the Countach can achieve better times than the 570S but I'm probably have not enough time today to get the runs done.

Edited by user Sunday, January 10, 2021 9:03:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1946 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:46:02 PM(UTC)
That’s something of a surprise if so. The Countach is a bit of a sleeper car at S1 but I’ve never seen it on a list of wet or winter meta options. It’s a top drag tyres car though. Any chance you could share the tune - I wouldn’t mind trying it.

The reality I suspect is that the meta S1 cars are still meta here. I just had a go in the Bugatti and ran 1.44.4 first go and what would have probably been about a 1.44.0 second go (I dirtied it as I wanted to leave the 570S time and then couldn’t use rewind to check what time it would have been - stupid bugged game!). An optimised run with that will be in the 1.43s I think.
#1947 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 1:23:58 PM(UTC)
Just tried the 570S with skyinfin's tune that Jezza used, but couldn't beat my Huracan time. I found it difficult to avoid sliding the car and losing time. I tried a few builds for tuning it myself, and ended up edging a little ahead of my Huracan time with a build that is quite a bit lighter than scaans' and skyinfin's tunes. I've shared it in case anyone else wants to see if it's also faster for them, but maybe the other tunes are faster if you have enough skill for them. I found it easier to be consistent with my tune than theirs.
#1948 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 1:59:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
That’s something of a surprise if so. The Countach is a bit of a sleeper car at S1 but I’ve never seen it on a list of wet or winter meta options. It’s a top drag tyres car though. Any chance you could share the tune - I wouldn’t mind trying it.

The reality I suspect is that the meta S1 cars are still meta here. I just had a go in the Bugatti and ran 1.44.4 first go and what would have probably been about a 1.44.0 second go (I dirtied it as I wanted to leave the 570S time and then couldn’t use rewind to check what time it would have been - stupid bugged game!). An optimised run with that will be in the 1.43s I think.

Edit - sorry I was on my phone and see you're probably looking for Rayne's. Mine is out there anyhow:
The Countach tune of my posted time (which can do 1.44.7 dirty and maybe more), is shared as S1 Snow Scoop. I've tried a heavier build with turbos but it was rough. It can be lighter with upgraded brakes and obvi better braking, let me know if you want those or any other tweaks.

I tried this thing on drags in dry, was same or worse times as the dirt tires, due to slippy cornering. Still good time but not practical for racing. Race tires same as dirt but slower overall because I had to add weight to compensate, and no upgrades to the V12. Seems the dirt tire has the right amount of grip, since it is a grippy car to begin with. It is only a bit slower than the drag tires McLaren, on dry, yet can be used in weather. On dirt it is now also my top S1 car by quite a bit, put a tune out for that - S1 True Rally. Top 25 at Cotswolds Rally Trail. Because it is exactly what you'd expect to see in a real rally race.......... Just like the classic racers, etc... :).

Further edit - if you go Horizon Solo, rewind should always work in Rivals. If you go Han Solo, well... I've got a bad feeling about this.

Edited by user Sunday, January 10, 2021 2:19:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1949 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 4:42:43 PM(UTC)
I tried your Countach earlier In the week RB but felt I’d struggle to go much quicker than you. Looked a really good run. Finding an extra half a second or so looked very difficult. I’ll have a go with the rally one somewhere 👍 - add to my list of comedy non rally cars.
#1950 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 9:46:57 AM(UTC)
I’m struggling to find anything different to do. Probably the last one for now unless anyone has any novel suggestions.

I suggest Greendale Super Sprint B class. Sorry FN - you look to already have a good time there but hopefully you can go quicker. Time to put on our big boy pants as it’s probably RWD to get anywhere near the top of the leaderboard.
79 Pages<<76777879PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error