79 Pages<<7172737475>>PrevNext
#1801 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 10:33:31 AM(UTC)
Well, it wasn’t the winter/wet one I know that! I would take a guess it was the one marked “dry version ...” but I don’t save them so can’t be certain.
#1802 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 10:42:25 AM(UTC)
Fair enough, well I have just gone a tiny bit faster in the F50 GT with Muka Romero's tune as you suggested, to 1:36.899.

And 1:36.4. It's pretty friendly to drive compared to the FXX.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 2, 2020 11:06:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1803 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 10:53:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: M0rt4LC0iL Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Well done on the 1:36.5. I can consistently get the early corners right, take them all flat out without lifting and be a few car lengths ahead of my ghost, but then lose it all in the twisty corners. Hmm.

I tried a few F50 GT tunes and they either handled well but were way too slow, or were fast-ish but didn't handle as well as Nalak's FXX.

Finding the same i can get the sweeping bends pretty good but then the twisty sections i am either too early or to late on the brakes, that can be ironed out with practice. Still will never get near you guys times tho :)

Do you guys find that with the better tunes that the racing/braking line is just not right? I mean with some you can brake way later that what the line is telling you like its out of sync?

Remember i am a newbie compared to you lot be gentle :)

I think others have mentioned that the braking line should be a guide only. One thing I’d mention that might improve your times fairly easily would be turning off TCS on AWD cars. Most AWD cars, even in S2, require very limited throttle control and the TCS probably isn’t assisting you too much. Conversely, it may be slowing you down a bit. I don’t know how much impact it has but might be worth a try to see if you do find the cars no harder to drive and/or if you find that you are going quicker.

The other changes which reliably add speed (auto to manual etc) are much harder but TCS off should be fairly straightforward.

Thanks Jezza, totally forgot i had turned it on last week for Fortune Island, was strugglng to get traction with most of the cars i tried there. Will give it a blast :) I struggle with manual and wont be trying to learn at S2 :D
#1804 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 11:15:17 AM(UTC)
And a PS. Thanks to all of you, The info you guys post here and in the Online Discussion is spot on! Cheers
#1805 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 11:58:45 AM(UTC)
Is there difference btw the F50 gt and the welcome package. I only have the latter one
#1806 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 12:14:28 PM(UTC)
One of the tuners will know better, but my rudimentary understanding is that the WP is meta in the wet but not as good as the standard F50 GT in the dry.
#1807 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 4:30:02 PM(UTC)
Fair enough, well I have just gone a tiny bit faster in the F50 GT with Muka Romero's tune as you suggested, to 1:36.899.

That's a pretty good run. I'm finding it's giving me a faster average time than the FXX, but not a faster fastest time as of yet. I'm doing lots of runs 1:36.1-36.3, so my average is around 0.4 quicker than the FXX, but I've yet to beat my fastest time at all, never mind by 0.4 seconds.
#1808 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2020 12:04:27 AM(UTC)
At first I was using nalak's tune. It was able to do under 1:36, but after 10 or so runs with no luck I decided to try someone else tune.. Was looking for something with more power and maybe heavier - since F50 was sticking to the road like mad. Didn't found any that was appealing to me by stats. Ended up using codcaos - it has longer gears than nalak's tune and somehow it works better here. At that brick island in the middle of the road I was much closer to my FXX ghost - like 12 to 6 car lenghts.

F50 WP is not working for me. I don't know how people are making it work in ranked. Or maybe it is just good in rain?
Anyone tried Elise GT1?
I tested TVR Cerbera and Hooningan RS200 - both have great acceleration, but was lacking grip in corners. But maybe someone want to make grippy tune on them?
#1809 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2020 12:22:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

That's a pretty good run. I'm finding it's giving me a faster average time than the FXX, but not a faster fastest time as of yet. I'm doing lots of runs 1:36.1-36.3, so my average is around 0.4 quicker than the FXX, but I've yet to beat my fastest time at all, never mind by 0.4 seconds.

Here's that run. I'm not sure if it's better to stay in 5th at the end, as you lose a bit of speed changing to 6th. IIRC from a previous attempt, it gets up to 203 or so in 5th at that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLRDQjUaftY

Edited by user Thursday, December 3, 2020 12:23:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1810 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2020 10:31:52 AM(UTC)
One of the tuners will know better, but my rudimentary understanding is that the WP is meta in the wet but not as good as the standard F50 GT in the dry.

I found this that support your thesis:
FE Cars with slicks: 8C FE, Continental FE, Transit FE, Falcon FE, Clio FE, VW Type 2 FE, Sagaris FE

"Extreme Track Toys" (hence the term "ett"): all except Lego Porsche 911, TVR Cerbera Speed 12, Ariel Atom, Ultima, Radical RXC Turbo

Track Toys with slicks: Lotus Elise GT1, Supervan 3, Porsche 911 GT3 RS PO

Retro Supercars with slicks: 911 GT1, CLK GTR, R390, F1 GT

Modern Supercars with slicks: McLaren 720S PO

Hypercars with slicks: McLaren Senna

Cars with slicks without wet penalty: Apollo IE, Bugatti Divo, Mosler, Senna AE, Senna SE, Lego F40 C, Lego Senna, Zenvo TSR-S, F50 GT WP
#1811 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2020 3:08:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

That 1:35.295 of yours is going to be tough for anyone to beat... I haven't threatened my own time again, I can do individual bits slightly better but not the whole thing.
#1812 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2020 3:13:08 AM(UTC)
Try Codcaos tune if you haven’t already FN - I haven’t tried it yet but it’s what Bree and Ziperr have used. My time is set with Jumpy’s which I also felt was better for this track than Muka Romero’s.
#1813 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2020 3:30:50 AM(UTC)
I suspect codcaos' tune has 200% braking, and at first it was unusable for me, as even with my trigger lock, it just locked the brakes up. What made the difference was me remembering my triggers actually have 2 levels of lock, so I changed to the one that restricts the trigger even further, and that stopped the wheels from locking up under braking, though it was then a bit too gentle and extended braking distances. But without that ability to set the trigger lock for less movement, I wouldn't have done as well with it. The game should really allow us to set the amount of braking that 100% trigger movement corresponds to, but I guess that wouldn't sell elite controllers.
#1814 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2020 3:54:58 AM(UTC)
Just tried Codcaos's tune, it's certainly more stable than the twitchy Muka Rumero one, though feels slightly more sluggish to turn. I had no problem with braking hard after the initial high speed sections using my regular Xbox One pad.

Tried Jumpy's, that turns more to my liking. Hmm. Not sure if either of these tunes is actually faster than Rumero's though, they are all capable of similar times I would think. Neither of these stand out to me as being obviously superior, just a bit different.

Edited by user Friday, December 4, 2020 4:21:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1815 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2020 7:30:49 AM(UTC)
That’s a very good run in the F50 Bree. I couldn’t quite catch it. Fortunately for me, it’s not an F50 GT event, so I’ve gone quicker in the Evo :-). Current times:

Jezza - 1.34.895 (599XX E)
Bree - 1.35.295 (F50 GT)
Ziperr - 1.35.526 (F50 GT)
FN - 1.36.400 (F50 GT)
PABO - 1.37.030 (599XX E)
Rex - 1.39.066 (FXX)
Matteo - 1.39.700 (FXX)
M0rt - 1.43.136 (FXX)
 1 user liked this post.
#1816 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2020 12:33:06 AM(UTC)
Could only jump in yesterday due to job related lack of time and a broken Elite controller. RT trigger keeps getting stuck after being pressed which is quite annoying when battling for tenths of a second ;)
Also found the 599XX Evo with the LaFerrari swap to be the best option of the allowed cars.
Jezza did set a very challenging time that took a lot of effort to come close to.
That blind righthander before the line destroyed so many potential runs I was close to surrender. Especially after I threw two WR runs away in it.
In the end I somehow managed to squeeze between Jezza and the WR which was a very tiny gap to begin with.

Edited by user Monday, December 7, 2020 12:36:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1817 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2020 2:24:52 AM(UTC)
Yes, that last right hander is not a good corner when you are on the edge of a good time. So easy to either be fractionally late turning in or get over eager and start to turn in too early.

I equalled Rayne’s time fairly quickly but actually going quicker was very painful. I was also right on the edge of giving up last night when I finally managed to hold the finish together and get a slightly quicker run at 34.6. I think that’s the absolute fastest I could do though. It’s a very tough course to get everything right.

The Monaco can clearly go a fair bit quicker here as Averce has done a 33.9 on the twin rivals event. However, I’d have thought its debatable whether any of the other banned cars would actually be quicker.
#1818 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2020 2:26:31 AM(UTC)
I’ll have a think about another rivals event tonight.
 1 user liked this post.
#1819 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2020 7:10:01 AM(UTC)
A bit offtopic. I was trying out FM7.
Is it me or car feels like they are 3x heavier than in FH4? Or maybe it just how things appear on screen? Everything feels slower.

I was driving with all assists off, besides ABS. Steering set to normal. AI set to PRO - on unbeatable that 1st drivatar was uncatchable at this point.
That first race (Dubai + 911) I was doing with sim steering, but it was undrivable for me. It was just snaping as soon as back was kicking out. After some time I did turn on sim steering back in stock Cuda and stock S14. It was way better, than with 911, but still whenever I did get oversteer it was just snaping on me.
I still need to try out tuned cars + faster ones.
Haven't touched multiplayer.

Anyway I find FH4 way more enjoyable for me. Can't tell if it is more UI, physics, open world or something else. I'm glad that FH4 was my first proper gameplay with Forza.
#1820 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2020 7:37:48 AM(UTC)
I agree Zip. They generally feel a lot less responsive in FM7. I’ve been busy at work by the way so apologies haven’t thought of a new rivals event. If someone wants to suggest something feel free. I know Bree had an idea which sounded good to me.
#1821 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2020 9:48:41 AM(UTC)
The speed of everything is artificially boosted in FH4, whereas lap times in FM7 are fairly in line with real world lap times. I think most people use Normal steering with a controller in FM7, to avoid that snap oversteer you get with Sim steering.

The building/tuning is very different, too, e.g. if you AWD convert a Senna it drives like a dog, you have to leave it RWD to have any ability to get round corners.
 1 user liked this post.
#1822 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2020 11:02:22 AM(UTC)
I agree Zip. They generally feel a lot less responsive in FM7. I’ve been busy at work by the way so apologies haven’t thought of a new rivals event. If someone wants to suggest something feel free. I know Bree had an idea which sounded good to me.

I just had a quick look. These are some of the events that it looks like none of us have put any serious effort into (or any time at all in some cases). I know we've only just done S2 so maybe it doesn't appeal again so soon. Here's a list anyway.

Lakehurst Copse Circuit S2
Greendale Super Sprint S2
Edinburgh City Sprint S2
Elmsdon on Sea Sprint S2
Derwent Reservoir Sprint A
Lake District Sprint S2

Or Lego...

Falcon Speedway Sprint S2
Lego Festival Sprint S2
#1823 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2020 12:09:08 PM(UTC)
Bree’s suggestion was Lakehurst Forest Sprint, S2, but that we focus on the Ferrari F40C, given it was not available last week and see what we can find as the best tune for that. There’s several times for it in the top 50 and it’s a fun car, so I’m up for that. I’m not going to ban anyone from trying any other car though. So F40C as a focus but feel free to try anything else.
#1824 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2020 1:38:48 PM(UTC)
I actually did a PB on there in the last week I think, in the F50 GT so I may not be able to improve but we'll see.
#1825 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2020 2:05:03 PM(UTC)
I actually did a PB on there in the last week I think, in the F50 GT so I may not be able to improve but we'll see.

Codcaos' F50GT is very good for it, I took 2 secs off my old FXX PB, but I was driving against Nalak's F40C ghost and felt the F40C seemed better, so thought it would be good to try to find or develop a tune for it that can beat the F50GT.
79 Pages<<7172737475>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error