79 Pages<<7071727374>>PrevNext
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1776 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 1:12:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Well, the Mini battle at Fortune Island has ended. Top 5 times all quicker than the previous Roadster record. Rayne and I swapped times earlier today and I’ve ended just ahead (probably because I ran last):

Jezza 1.29.056
Rayne 1.29.122
Ziperr 1.29.224
Bree - 1.29.414
FN - 1.30.133
RB - 1.30.958 (Kadett)
Rex - 1.31.825
Matteo - 1.32.264
Squryl - 1.33.277 (Civic 74)
Mort4lcoil - 1.36.697

Can anyone recall what the best non Mini time was just out of interest? I’m assuming it was using the Kadett?


Ignoring the '97 Civic the Abarth 695 gave me the fastest time behind the Mini with a 30.6something. 205 R and Kadett were in the 30.8s.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1777 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 6:59:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Let’s try some S2 for this week and trundle over to Legoland for the Lego Bugatti Chiron Speed Champions Race. Fortunately, we don’t have to use that car.

No Zonda R, F40C or CCGT. Probably should also ban the King Cobra as well.

I gave the track a few runs and quickly decided it was fairly similar to Goliath, so went for the RWD Ultima. 7th with TC on, 1:37.0. I've done a dirty 1:36.9. I'm not sure how much faster the car can go, there's definitely more time to be gained. I drove against a blisteringly quick Sagaris FE ghost at one point, which blows the Ultima away down the straights, so Rayne might do well with that, as I know he has liked the RWD Sagaris FE in the past.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1778 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 12:13:46 PM(UTC)
Copied FN by using the FXX to start with. Only did one run in it so far (I’ve also been messing around a bit with a RWD F1 GT but I’ll save that for when I know the track). Very early leaderboard:

Bree - 1.37.023 (Ultima)
Jezza - 1.38.365 (FXX)
PinkAcidBootsOn - 1.39.032 (FXX)
FullNietzsche- 1.39.466 (FXX)
M0rt4lc0il - 1.45.739 (Senna)

I’ve added PABO as he/she set times in the Mini as well, so is either a silent observer (welcome!) or a very odd coincidence.

The FXX tune I was using seemed a bit quicker than yours FN. it’s old school - grandma driving. Edit - switched to Nalak’s “almost meta” tune and ran 1.37.4 or so.

Edited by user Monday, November 30, 2020 12:49:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: R-Class Racing License
#1779 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 1:07:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post

The FXX tune I was using seemed a bit quicker than yours FN. it’s old school - grandma driving. Edit - switched to Nalak’s “almost meta” tune and ran 1.37.4 or so.


Yes I was using one by GTz Marple. Just tried grandma driving's one and gone quicker even with a few untidy moments. Dare I say I can probably get into the 1:37s if I can manage an error-free run.

It's unusual that this track is duplicated in Rivals for some reason (well I know the reason, because it appears twice in the career mode with different names). So I tried the Zonda R earlier in the Brick Tree Sprint incarnation, and it wasn't appreciably quicker than the FXX in any case (with me driving anyway). It was fast though, I tried it on the Colossus and improved my PB from 4:25 to 4:19. I did think for a moment I might be able to beat your time of 4:18 because you made a small error at one point but after a couple of tries I realised you were still too fast. But now I see why I was getting owned in the CCGT when I was up against people in the Zonda on that track.

edit - done 1:37.9 with grandma driving's tune, and I think the tune could do a second faster with a perfect run if you nailed every corner, which I don't find easy at these speeds.

Edited by user Monday, November 30, 2020 1:46:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1780 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2020 1:46:36 PM(UTC)
I've improved to 1:36.7 with the Ultima. Tried to share the tune but would need to find a tune to delete somewhere. Any of the top Goliath tunes will probably be good, though.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#1781 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 2:51:18 AM(UTC)
I improved to 1:37.850 in the FXX, still leaving lots on the table though.

And 1:37.765. I'd like to see someone else here get it into the 36s as I think it is possible.

Switching to Nalak28's tune I've taken two tenths off the above.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 1, 2020 3:44:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1782 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 3:43:00 AM(UTC)
1.36.8 using Grandma’s tune. I think it’s slightly better than Nalak’s here as the time you lose on the straight section, you can gain back through the tight corners. However, I could be wrong!

Edited by user Tuesday, December 1, 2020 3:44:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: R-Class Racing License
#1783 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 3:46:46 AM(UTC)
Nice 👍 I found Grandma's tune better as it turns so well, so I'm glad you proved it can get into the 36s. It's really a toss-up between those two tunes, swings and roundabouts.

Done 1:37.350 for 11th place with Nalak's tune. I think it could also get into the 36s.

Also did 1:37.033 with Nalak's tune at Brick Tree Sprint.

And now 1:36.966 with Nalak's tune in this event. I did this despite being behind my 1:37.350 ghost at first. So the best time could possibly be 36.0 or thereabouts.

Well, 36.0 might be optimistic but 36.5 should be possible, if someone has the patience!

Edited by user Tuesday, December 1, 2020 8:07:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#1784 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 10:59:47 AM(UTC)
uff...that first part is quick. Used Nalak's tune - "almost meta". I need to work on second part of the track.

Are F50 GT and F50 WP banned? Did few runs with non-WP and with good run I should go under 1:36. FXX is probably faster, but F50 is so much easier to drive.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1785 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 11:49:29 AM(UTC)
The F50s aren’t banned - I was expecting them to be quick. Technically, I haven’t banned the Zonda FE either if anyone wants to try that.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#1786 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 11:51:36 AM(UTC)
I guess I missed that part. Saw only info about F40C.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1787 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 11:52:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
I guess I missed that part. Saw only info about F40C.


Yes because that’s banned and the F50 isn’t?
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#1788 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 12:16:19 PM(UTC)
LOL. I'm sorry. I must be tired or something. I read your post #1785 as F50's ARE banned. Sorry.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#1789 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 12:32:01 PM(UTC)
Well done on the 1:36.5. I can consistently get the early corners right, take them all flat out without lifting and be a few car lengths ahead of my ghost, but then lose it all in the twisty corners. Hmm.

I tried a few F50 GT tunes and they either handled well but were way too slow, or were fast-ish but didn't handle as well as Nalak's FXX.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1790 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 12:33:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
LOL. I'm sorry. I must be tired or something. I read your post #1785 as F50's ARE banned. Sorry.


😅 No worries. On reflection, my comment that I was expecting them to be quick didn’t help! I meant that, of the non-banned cars, I’m expecting them to be in the top tier.
Rank: Driver's License
#1791 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 12:57:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Well done on the 1:36.5. I can consistently get the early corners right, take them all flat out without lifting and be a few car lengths ahead of my ghost, but then lose it all in the twisty corners. Hmm.

I tried a few F50 GT tunes and they either handled well but were way too slow, or were fast-ish but didn't handle as well as Nalak's FXX.


Finding the same i can get the sweeping bends pretty good but then the twisty sections i am either too early or to late on the brakes, that can be ironed out with practice. Still will never get near you guys times tho :)

Do you guys find that with the better tunes that the racing/braking line is just not right? I mean with some you can brake way later that what the line is telling you like its out of sync?

Remember i am a newbie compared to you lot be gentle :)

Rank: R-Class Racing License
#1792 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 1:59:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: M0rt4LC0iL Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Well done on the 1:36.5. I can consistently get the early corners right, take them all flat out without lifting and be a few car lengths ahead of my ghost, but then lose it all in the twisty corners. Hmm.

I tried a few F50 GT tunes and they either handled well but were way too slow, or were fast-ish but didn't handle as well as Nalak's FXX.


Finding the same i can get the sweeping bends pretty good but then the twisty sections i am either too early or to late on the brakes, that can be ironed out with practice. Still will never get near you guys times tho :)

Do you guys find that with the better tunes that the racing/braking line is just not right? I mean with some you can brake way later that what the line is telling you like its out of sync?

Remember i am a newbie compared to you lot be gentle :)



Treat the racing line as a suggestion rather than something to be strictly adhered to. Like you say, sometimes you can brake later or take a different line which is better.

The margins of error on this course with this car are wafer thin, one tenth of a second too early or late on some of these corners or braking points and that's the run messed up.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1793 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 2:52:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: M0rt4LC0iL Go to Quoted Post
Do you guys find that with the better tunes that the racing/braking line is just not right? I mean with some you can brake way later that what the line is telling you like its out of sync?

On this track in particular, I don't know how the lines were generated to be so bad. On many tracks, the lines are excellent, but the first right hander after the uphill section, the line is just so bad. It approaches from too narrow, apexes too early, and goes red when it can be very easily taken flat out. It's bizarre.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1794 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2020 4:08:25 PM(UTC)
Tried a few cars - just with the tunes I had on them. I ran 1.36.1 in the FXX and have gone slightly faster (1.36.0) in the 599XX evo. F50 and Zonda FE also in 1.36s.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1795 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 2:56:56 AM(UTC)
I tried a couple of higher speed cars - Zonda C and Centenario, but they just lose so much time in the early series of sweeping right handers, which they can't take flat out. The FXX really has the perfect amount of grip, being able to JUST take that last right hander before the island in the middle of the road flat out if you get it spot on. The Ultima is the same, but it's a little easier to nail that right hander with it. I ended up tied with Jezza's Evo time of 1:36.079, using the FXX.

I have to say, I find the braking physics quite frustrating. I always felt it was bad, but having played ACC with a controller has really highlighted it to me. You can't fix it by tuning the brake bias, there's no setting that makes it work how it should. It just doesn't want to turn while braking, and all adjusting the brake bias does is eventually make it go into a slide rather than giving the ability to turn nicely while partially braking. The braking in ACC with a controller feels more progressive, realistic and enjoyable. I hope they can improve it for future Forza games. It's really noticeable on this track for the left hander bit at the end of the downhill before the road goes uphill to the finish.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 2, 2020 2:57:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1796 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 3:56:01 AM(UTC)
I think the same issue potentially stops the RWD power options from being effective here (other than the banned Monaco). The F1 GT powerbuild can’t take those high speed corners flat out so doesn’t gain as much time as expected on the section that suits it. The guy who has done a 36.8 looks to me to have done a pretty good job of getting the best out of it - I’ve only been able to get it into the 37s so far.

The RWD Sagaris FE feels like it might have more potential. It doesn’t have the F1’s raw speed but can hold the early corners more or less flat out. I only did a 37.2 last night but there was definitely more time in the later part of the run, with better throttle control. My suspicion though is that it would be hard work to get down to the 36.0 current lead times, similar to Bree’s work with the Ultima. Rayne may prove different though if he tries it.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1797 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 9:22:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: M0rt4LC0iL Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Well done on the 1:36.5. I can consistently get the early corners right, take them all flat out without lifting and be a few car lengths ahead of my ghost, but then lose it all in the twisty corners. Hmm.

I tried a few F50 GT tunes and they either handled well but were way too slow, or were fast-ish but didn't handle as well as Nalak's FXX.


Finding the same i can get the sweeping bends pretty good but then the twisty sections i am either too early or to late on the brakes, that can be ironed out with practice. Still will never get near you guys times tho :)

Do you guys find that with the better tunes that the racing/braking line is just not right? I mean with some you can brake way later that what the line is telling you like its out of sync?

Remember i am a newbie compared to you lot be gentle :)



I think others have mentioned that the braking line should be a guide only. One thing I’d mention that might improve your times fairly easily would be turning off TCS on AWD cars. Most AWD cars, even in S2, require very limited throttle control and the TCS probably isn’t assisting you too much. Conversely, it may be slowing you down a bit. I don’t know how much impact it has but might be worth a try to see if you do find the cars no harder to drive and/or if you find that you are going quicker.

The other changes which reliably add speed (auto to manual etc) are much harder but TCS off should be fairly straightforward.

Rank: Driver's License
#1798 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 9:23:50 AM(UTC)
S2 is going to be a big challenge to me as I have never approached those vehicles considering them too quick for my skills. I appreciate the chance to step up my game and try new things. So far I’m throwing away 80% of the attempts but I came to your same results FXX (no let’s version) and599 xx evo are the quickest by margin. F50 Ht wp is the easiest but noticeable slower.

TVR sagaris was of course my first choice but it looks that only RWD is competitive even if I had to use tcr to tame it. The thing is a rocket but I loose too much on start and slow corners.

Tuning wise it seems that none of my knowledge is applicable here so I’m relying on popular tunes with this
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1799 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 9:38:52 AM(UTC)
If it helps these are the tunes I’m currently using:

Ferrari FXX - Rocklxd (he has a few that look identical - can’t be sure which I’m using) - this is quicker on the fast section than the other tunes discussed above. I suspect it’s no quicker overall and I think Bree went fractionally quicker using a different tune - I’ve done 1.36.1

Ferrari F50 GT - FRT Muka Romero - the easiest to drive but lacking a little speed by comparison to the others. I’ve done 1.36.4

Ferrari 599XX E - Rocklxd - feels like a boat but gets better grip than expected. 1.35.9

Zonda FE - RBM Codcaos - 1.36.6 but didn’t try it for long.

Sagaris FE (RWD) - Nalak28 - 1.37.3

I see Zip has run a 1.35.7 in the F50 GT, so he may have a better tune for that (or is just driving it better!).

Edited by user Wednesday, December 2, 2020 9:48:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: R-Class Racing License
#1800 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2020 10:23:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
If it helps these are the tunes I’m currently using:

Ferrari FXX - Rocklxd (he has a few that look identical - can’t be sure which I’m using) - this is quicker on the fast section than the other tunes discussed above. I suspect it’s no quicker overall and I think Bree went fractionally quicker using a different tune - I’ve done 1.36.1

Ferrari F50 GT - FRT Muka Romero - the easiest to drive but lacking a little speed by comparison to the others. I’ve done 1.36.4

Ferrari 599XX E - Rocklxd - feels like a boat but gets better grip than expected. 1.35.9

Zonda FE - RBM Codcaos - 1.36.6 but didn’t try it for long.

Sagaris FE (RWD) - Nalak28 - 1.37.3

I see Zip has run a 1.35.7 in the F50 GT, so he may have a better tune for that (or is just driving it better!).


Do you happen to know which 599XX E tune because Rocklxd has six (!) - probably not as I remember you saying you delete them after applying. I tried a couple and wasn't fast enough with them but it's probably just me anyway.

The only car I've tried so far which is unambiguously quicker was the Zonda R. I tried the F40C as well. (Just to see how much better these might be.)
79 Pages<<7071727374>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error