73 Pages<<6566676869>>PrevNext
#1651 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 2:55:12 PM(UTC)
0.004 behind FullNietzsche RB. Very nice time. I’ll definitely try the F1 out tomorrow.

I’ve ran 1.39.8 with the Doubledown but can’t quite match Zip’s time clean. I’ve ran 1.39.7 twice dirty but feels like I’m right at the limit I can do. Also done 1.39.8 (slightly slower) with the TZ2 which I feel could go quicker but I keep messing up whenever I get the first part right.
#1652 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 2:38:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MatteoSmot Go to Quoted Post
I managed 1;44,2 with the 570S it’s very quick but still very easy to drive. Tune is by scaans (I hate the rims though). It looked quicker to me than the 12C am I missing something?

I tried his Test 2 tune of the 570S. Rally tyres, like my 12C tune. It's very nice, and out of 8 attempts, one of them was 0.3 quicker than my best 12C time, so it does seem to be a little quicker for this track.
 1 user liked this post.
#1653 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 3:53:23 AM(UTC)
Ok last day for times on S1 Meadows. Current LB:

Ziperr - 1.39.822 (TZ2) - 37th overall
Jezza - 1.39.867 (Doubledown) - 38th
Bree - 1.40.208 (Doubledown) - 51st
FN - 1.41.215 (TZ2) - 83rd
RB033 - 1.41.235 (McLaren F1) - 85th
Rayne - 1.41.535 (Corvette 09) - 102nd
Matteo - 1.44.204 (570S) - 266th

Edit - very nice tune for the F1 RB and very nice run using it. I managed 1.40.7 with maybe scope to gain another tenth or two. The only places I can really gain time on you are through the second fast chicane/left hander and the closing section.

Edited by user Friday, November 13, 2020 4:10:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1654 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 4:04:27 AM(UTC)
I did 1:43.9 in the 570S (clean) and 1:44.1 in the McLaren F1 (dirty) - the latter is not easy to drive or very fast to make up for it, at least in the few times I tried it.

(I can do under 1:43 with my usual ranked S1 choice, the NSX 92 with 'S1 Ranked v1.0' by Rocklxd which uses rally tyres and is much easier to drive than any of the drag options. The drag cars ought to be appreciably more rapid to make up for the difficult handling. Then again, everyone else is getting good times with it so maybe it's just me.)

Edited by user Friday, November 13, 2020 4:11:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1655 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 5:40:19 AM(UTC)
Just on the suggestions for limiting car choice for next week, I’ve chosen a course where standard A class meta choices shouldnt work that well. I suggest we leave this week as open to everything bar the Roadster. Of course, if you want to limit your own choices to a particular country then feel free! If the consensus though is that people would prefer to have limits in future weeks, we can then do that moving forwards.
 1 user liked this post.
#1656 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 6:12:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
If the consensus though is that people would prefer to have limits in future weeks, we can then do that moving forwards.

As I mentioned before, I prefer to have more cars available, so there's more chance of a widely useful tune coming out of each week, and so we can put more competitive times on the leaderboard than if we're more restricted.
#1657 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 6:37:08 AM(UTC)
The F1 is definitely an interesting drive. I've fully spun out a few times after that second chicane just trying to keep the speed going, a bit delicate we can call it. Other suspension settings were even worse or would make the sharper turns too slow. With my race tires tune (grip v2) I couldn't break 1.43 on this track. I built a more drivable naturally aspirated drag tire F1, it's faster on other tracks but not quite enough on this one (1.41.5 dirty). I have a similar build in A-Class, '05 Elise. Uses standard tires... will credit OnlyNaps for the base setup. I think they suit how I like to drive, but if there is chaos they can get knocked around online with lack of recovery accel. Anyway that's enough rambling about that! Happy Friday all.
#1658 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 7:43:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
As I mentioned before, I prefer to have more cars available, so there's more chance of a widely useful tune coming out of each week, and so we can put more competitive times on the leaderboard than if we're more restricted.

That is still achievable using "narrowed" group of cars.
In "car collection" after filtering to D, C, B and A there is around 160x3 cars that can be tuned to A class. That includes trucks, jeeps, etc. So i think there should be over 300 "usable" cars and IMO that is a lot. I don't want to spend whole week looking for perfect car. Not to mention that every car can be tuned in different ways. I mean, I know I don't have to touch every car, but still would like to have some "restriction".

@meadows - improved my time to 1:39,496. Improved tune shared.
PS. there is something strange going on with creative hub and now there are 3 tunes from me. I tried to unshare it, but it didn't work. Anyway both with 13.11.2020 date are the same.
#1659 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 8:14:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post

That is still achievable using "narrowed" group of cars.
In "car collection" after filtering to D, C, B and A there is around 160x3 cars that can be tuned to A class. That includes trucks, jeeps, etc. So i think there should be over 300 "usable" cars and IMO that is a lot. I don't want to spend whole week looking for perfect car. Not to mention that every car can be tuned in different ways. I mean, I know I don't have to touch every car, but still would like to have some "restriction".

Want to try restricting by an engine? I'm being selfish I have a bunch of these retro cars I've wanted to try building with the 3.2 I6. Usually requires a lighter car to be effective, which also suits the Needle Descent. Still a decent list but not overwhelming: https://forza.fandom.com/wiki/3.2L_I6_(321_hp)#Forza_Horizon_4
 1 user liked this post.
#1660 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 8:14:26 AM(UTC)
I don't want to spend whole week looking for perfect car. Not to mention that every car can be tuned in different ways.

It doesn't matter, though, if we don't find the perfect car each week. As soon as one person finds a good car, everyone else can see it on the leaderboard and can just copy them. It's up to each person how much time they want to spend searching for other cars. We have no idea if we've found the best car or not this week, but anyone who wants to can use the Double Down and/or TZ2 or one of the other options that people have found good, there isn't any competitive advantage to be gained by searching for other cars, it's just something people can do if they'll enjoy it.
#1661 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 8:37:34 AM(UTC)
I don't want to spend whole week looking for perfect car. Not to mention that every car can be tuned in different ways.

It doesn't matter, though, if we don't find the perfect car each week. As soon as one person finds a good car, everyone else can see it on the leaderboard and can just copy them. It's up to each person how much time they want to spend searching for other cars. We have no idea if we've found the best car or not this week, but anyone who wants to can use the Double Down and/or TZ2 or one of the other options that people have found good, there isn't any competitive advantage to be gained by searching for other cars, it's just something people can do if they'll enjoy it.

I agree. It doesn't matter if we haven't found the best car, it's just for fun anyway. I think it's better not to complicate it too much, and opening it up to everything but the Roadster is a good idea.
#1662 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 9:16:42 AM(UTC)

IMO I can use your post as a argument to support my point view as well.
 1 user liked this post.
#1663 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 9:27:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RB033 Go to Quoted Post
The F1 is definitely an interesting drive. I've fully spun out a few times after that second chicane just trying to keep the speed going, a bit delicate we can call it. Other suspension settings were even worse or would make the sharper turns too slow. With my race tires tune (grip v2) I couldn't break 1.43 on this track. I built a more drivable naturally aspirated drag tire F1, it's faster on other tracks but not quite enough on this one (1.41.5 dirty). I have a similar build in A-Class, '05 Elise. Uses standard tires... will credit OnlyNaps for the base setup. I think they suit how I like to drive, but if there is chaos they can get knocked around online with lack of recovery accel. Anyway that's enough rambling about that! Happy Friday all.

RB I tried one of your time without drag tyre and it was really good to drive. It was only slightly slower than the 570S @meadows mainly due to it being less stable at very high speed ( second chicane and the two following left handed).
 1 user liked this post.
#1664 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 9:57:04 AM(UTC)
Just had a go at Batham Gate using your F1 RB - managed 7th overall (street races Lbs tend to be slightly weaker but still impressive!). Only behind 4 Monaco’s and 2 NSXs. It’s my best time there so my ghost is there to test yourself against! Nice paint job as well 👍. The 2 NSXs might be catchable (need about 0.7 seconds) but would need a great run.
#1665 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 10:08:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MatteoSmot Go to Quoted Post
RB I tried one of your time without drag tyre and it was really good to drive. It was only slightly slower than the 570S @meadows mainly due to it being less stable at very high speed ( second chicane and the two following left handed).

Awesome! I need to apply what I learned testing the drag tires to my race tire tunes, I'll let you know if there is an improvement and would post it as a V3.

Also check out the winter tune (rally tire and front aero). It is not much slower than Grip V2, even on dry, but it is a nice drive in all weather scenarios.
#1666 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 10:24:22 AM(UTC)
IMO I can use your post as a argument to support my point view as well.

Not really. I said "it's just something people can do if they'll enjoy it". You want to prevent people from using cars that they'd enjoy trying out.
#1667 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 11:31:02 AM(UTC)
I referred to the entire context of your statement.
Does it really bothers you that much to have car type/manufacturer/country restriction? Last time it was working fine.
For some reason my first thought about A class needle descent was japanese cars togue.

PS. it is called rivals CHALLANGE, so we can have some rules/restrictions here, but if there will be only ban for meta I will be happy too ;)
 1 user liked this post.
#1668 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 1:01:20 PM(UTC)
I've shared a tune of the TZ2. I tried Zip's, but it wasn't working well for me. I didn't clone Zip's build, but did aim for his stats, so my build is probably very similar to his. I feel like my tune can maybe even beat CODCAOS's time in Jezza's hands, as I've driven against his ghost, and he's not doing anything I can't do, I just can't put it all together in one run. I managed to sneak ahead of Jezza's Double Down time with my TZ2 tune, but it can definitely do a lot better, there's some corners I just take so badly so much of the time.

Edit: finally managed a reasonable run to move ahead of Zip's time. I'm convinced CODCAOS's time is beatable.

Zip: in the past FN and I have both gone for doing times with the fastest cars, as we figure if we're going to put a lot of time in, we may as well get a good leaderboard position from it. However, I'm happy to ban things like the Monaco KC as it would be really boring if we were all just using that every time.

Edited by user Friday, November 13, 2020 1:15:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1669 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 12:41:18 AM(UTC)
Due to new evidence presented by the prosecutor Bree, I am submitting a request for an extension of the deadline in order to be able to examine the new evidence.

EDIT: After reviewing the new materials, I do not object. My client can be considered not fastest.

...and now to serious note. Tried Bree's tune. Couldn't improve my time. Tried my tune again. Couldn't improve my time. Was moving all of the sliders to left, to right, again to left, back to start. Did dirty under 1:39 run. Did not save that setup and was trying to make it better and now I don't know how it was setted up :(

Edited by user Saturday, November 14, 2020 2:37:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1670 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 4:35:43 AM(UTC)
😅 well I’ll be running at least one more stint in the TZ2 as I really should be able to beat Codcaos using Bree’s fantastic tune. Just keep messing up the late hairpin whenever I’m ahead. The fact he probably spent about 10 minutes setting his time is irrelevant!
 2 users liked this post.
#1671 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 5:19:12 AM(UTC)
Bree’s fantastic tune

I have to give zip most of the credit, as I wouldn't have come up with that build without his stats to aim for. I think it's impossible to reliably fine tune the balance of the car with a different input device. It will sometimes work well, but it will often be a little off, as the steering is different between all of keyboard, controller and wheel. That 2005 Ford GT tune I made when I was using the wheel, for example, I can see why FN didn't like it with the controller now I've tried it with a controller, the balance is definitely not ideal for a controller. So it's not a failing on zip's part that mine is better with a controller, his tune may well be perfect with a keyboard.
#1672 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 6:26:04 AM(UTC)
Thank you. All I did was remove of racing brakes and investing saved PI into power :) Can't tell if codcaos was using that setup or that one he shared.
@driving - when I was driving against Jezza ghost it looked like he is driving more smoothly, while i was trying to throw car into corner facing good direction and use extra grip from tires.
@tuning - i wish it wasn't that random from me. Sometimes I'm just moving these sliders hoping that it will stop in correct place LOL. Also still can't tell if it was better to use 25/0, 50/0 or 100/0 for front diff in that TZ2. Back was set 100/0 all the time. And tire pressure to lowest.

PS. That one like is not from me

Let's visit FI now. So needle descent A class open, right?
#1673 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 11:03:45 AM(UTC)
Just had a go at Batham Gate using your F1 RB - managed 7th overall (street races Lbs tend to be slightly weaker but still impressive!). Only behind 4 Monaco’s and 2 NSXs. It’s my best time there so my ghost is there to test yourself against! Nice paint job as well 👍. The 2 NSXs might be catchable (need about 0.7 seconds) but would need a great run.

Welp... before moving on to FI, I wanted to really polish the naturally aspirated F1 tune. I managed to pull 1.59.5 in Greendale Super Sprint. Pretty good for AWD I think.

At Batham Gate, wow, so a dirty 1.52.something will be all the time I'm putting into that.................. quite literally any time I was having a good run, traffic would show up in the racing line towards the end of the race. Got a nice picture of one to share later. Without fail this happened.

I tried both TZ2 tunes (zip, bree), could do low 1.41 at Meadows, but so different than F1 that I couldn't put more time into adjusting my driving to get a good clean run. Very good tunes!

On to Needle Descent, maybe later today.

2 users liked this post.
#1674 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 11:43:09 AM(UTC)
At Batham Gate, wow, so a dirty 1.52.something will be all the time I'm putting into that.................. quite literally any time I was having a good run, traffic would show up in the racing line towards the end of the race. Got a nice picture of one to share later. Without fail this happened.

Take a trip to DLC land, Fortune Island or LEGO, and then directly start Batham Gate rivals from there... you will like it a lot better.
 2 users liked this post.
#1675 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 12:26:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

Take a trip to DLC land, Fortune Island or LEGO, and then directly start Batham Gate rivals from there... you will like it a lot better.

🤯🤯🤯

I don't suppose there's a companion retroactive trick to get me back all the manymanymanywaytoomany hours otherwise lost to rogue head-on traffic? 🤕
Every train needs a caboose, right?
73 Pages<<6566676869>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error