70 Pages<<6263646566>>PrevNext
#1576 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 6:37:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
With Rayne's tune, I did beat my previous time by just something close to 10 seconds ... woaw ! Scaan tune is just so easiest than TDU's for me, day and night. I am no doubt a beginner at handling rwd and have no time to spend a whole day on it, 4.54 is my best on winter track even having set drivatars to the easiest to avoid them polluting my time.

I tried a few AWD cars in the rivals event, and the best I managed was 4:50.2 with my rally tyre 12C. I also tried the Huracan, ATS GT, and 2005 Ford GT, but I felt the 12C had the best balance of handling and top speed. With rally tyres, it probably wouldn't lose much in the wet. There's no doubt it's not possible to keep up with the RWD cars on the long straights, though. But presumably if you're looking at ranked adventure, RWD cars will struggle more for the other two tracks and an AWD option like the 12C might be better overall?
 1 user liked this post.
#1577 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 1:20:24 PM(UTC)
92 NSX and Bugatti EB110 are the top AWD cars for Colossus - best times look to be about 4.43/4.44. A long way off the best RWD, even acknowledging the KC is broken.

The only playlist with Colussus in at ranked arguably suits RWD. It should be a guaranteed win at Colossus and the other two courses are Elmsdon and Greendale, which both have relatively long straights. You have to drive well but a good driver in RWD probably has a pretty good chance of winning against someone similar standard in AWD.

I’m not sure if that’s the reason Tilo is asking though. I was assuming it was some sort of one off challenge but possibly it does link back to ranked.
#1578 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 1:22:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
92 NSX and Bugatti EB110 are the top AWD cars for Colossus - best times look to be about 4.43/4.44.

What tune of the NSX did you use? I drove against your ghost and it seemed like it must have been RWD?
#1579 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 2:16:09 PM(UTC)
Yeah, my time is in Nalak’s 05 NSX which is RWD.
 1 user liked this post.
#1580 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 1:26:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post

Happy to hear you liked it.
To be honest I built car suspension templates (for example FWD, 1.100kg weight, 61% weight distribution) for countless combinations with a very potent suspension calculator during Forza 7 years ago and just keep fine-tuning the values for Horizon builds.
Tire pressure, gear-box tuning, brake and diff settings are just a matter of experience I guess.
If it's an older build it won't be up to date to the newest performance tuning though.
From time to time during the lifetime of Horizon 4 new tuning insights surfaced like the mighty 1/65 anti-rollbar setting or the uselessness of improved front tire width on which older builds would need rebuilds/re-tunes.

Am I correct in assuming all front tire width upgrade does then is increase oversteer with no handling bonus?

It does increase handling but only by a very small margin and is always a waste of PI if there are other upgrade options left to increase PI towards the aimed PI limit.
Meaning that sometimes when the saved PI by keeping stock front tire width is completely used to decrease weight the car gets better lateral g values on top of the better power/weight ratio.
It's even true for FWD power builds which better use the PI for front aero. Only my A800 205 R uses increased front tire width because it is maxed out anyway.

#1581 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 5:29:38 AM(UTC)
92 NSX and Bugatti EB110 are the top AWD cars for Colossus - best times look to be about 4.43/4.44. A long way off the best RWD, even acknowledging the KC is broken.

The only playlist with Colussus in at ranked arguably suits RWD. It should be a guaranteed win at Colossus and the other two courses are Elmsdon and Greendale, which both have relatively long straights. You have to drive well but a good driver in RWD probably has a pretty good chance of winning against someone similar standard in AWD.

I’m not sure if that’s the reason Tilo is asking though. I was assuming it was some sort of one off challenge but possibly it does link back to ranked.

Thanks Bree and Jezza for testing this. I faced that Toyota supra 98 on a non ranked FFA. I was impressed by the time he managed on a winter season starting on snow and being online. I went for the well known tuners for some tests, for sure AWD gave no result, I tried TDU tune but found it quite difficult to handle related to minimizing grip loss. Therefore I came to you guys as you are much aware of the top cars & tunes, unbeatable RWD pilots and I guessed you would be interested by that challenge. With Scaans tune I was able to reach 4.54 with minimal wall contacts but 10s for the 4.44 that guy achieved with that car on winter conditions.

I may just have came across some GM sec account, just wanted to have a truth measure of the gap.

Thanks for the AWD advice, I will test those as I don't feel confortable enough to use rwd online

Again, thanks a lot for your feedback, very appreciated you took the time.

PS : I know I diverted from the thread subject, if some are interested in the snow subject, I will make it a stand alone thread and empty my posts here, else will leave that here to be buried.

[EDIT} Tested on EB and NSX92, 2.53 with EB, 2.52 with NSX first tries, which makes me zero for taking benefits from rwd on winter track but at least I have now options for those tracks. Possibly due to tune I chose, I preferred EB which is also great on other winter tracks. Even improved one of my rivals while comparing to my existing S1 sprint car. thumb up

Edited by user Friday, October 30, 2020 8:07:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1582 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 12:33:14 PM(UTC)

I tried Nalak's tune of the NSX-R GT that you used, and it definitely wouldn't give me a guaranteed win at Colossus. I never managed to complete a run with it, it always went sufficiently wrong somewhere that I restarted. Unless I spent a ton of time getting used to the limits of that car+tune on that track, my average performance would be far better with the 12C (haven't tried the '92 NSX or EB110 for it yet). I think the driver Tilo raced against must have been extremely good to pull off a 4:44 for a single effort rather than a "best of many attempts" rivals type effort.
 1 user liked this post.
#1583 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 10:07:02 AM(UTC)

Thanks Bree and Jezza for testing this. I faced that Toyota supra 98 on a non ranked FFA. I was impressed by the time he managed on a winter season starting on snow and being online. I went for the well known tuners for some tests, for sure AWD gave no result, I tried TDU tune but found it quite difficult to handle related to minimizing grip loss. Therefore I came to you guys as you are much aware of the top cars & tunes, unbeatable RWD pilots and I guessed you would be interested by that challenge. With Scaans tune I was able to reach 4.54 with minimal wall contacts but 10s for the 4.44 that guy achieved with that car on winter conditions.

I also gave my more or less reasonable RWD Supra a go and managed a 4:45.8. Build with Race tires, Race weight reduction, rear-aero and Racing V8.
Assuming the top Supra times of 4:37/38 in Rivals are legit they have to be with Offroads and maxed out stock engine.
So, you probably faced one of those builds combined with a very good driver.
#1584 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 11:05:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post

I also gave my more or less reasonable RWD Supra a go and managed a 4:45.8. Build with Race tires, Race weight reduction, rear-aero and Racing V8.
Assuming the top Supra times of 4:37/38 in Rivals are legit they have to be with Offroads and maxed out stock engine.
So, you probably faced one of those builds combined with a very good driver.

Yes Rayne, I came to the same conclusion. I just tried to sort out which tune he used as to be able to know what I would be able to achieve. On snow, I would need quite some training to reach 4.50 on a online shot with managed risks. As I don't have much time to play lately, I will keep to AWD and use your recommended options. I won't win against him but it was not really the point, I leave that aspect to you guys ;)

I wish I had recorded the whole race to share with you guys.
I shared the board on my "TILO RC" profile in case you are interested, possibly someone you know of.

Edited by user Saturday, October 31, 2020 11:20:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1585 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 11:57:57 AM(UTC)
FateTR1192? Not a name I recognise from my travels.
#1586 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 3:50:01 PM(UTC)
Tune for the Lambo Zip?
#1587 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 1:08:24 AM(UTC)
You will be good with using greeteddust8 max power/weight.
But if you want I will upload my Lambo :)

It was weird one to tune. I think this is first time that I was using racing intercooler. Like power was increased by 7%, but weight only by 1%.
I can make same power/weight build as greeteddust, but i don't like the idea of 24 inch rims

PS. On otleydale you was using heavy wittyjoe right? I wish there was no traffic - like 3/4 of my attempts was terminated by traffic either on first intersection or that chicane with fence on left side after second intersection. Plus I have troubles with taking correct line on that right corner after first haripin - i'm almost always sliding over there.
Try Syclone on astmoor.
#1588 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 1:26:20 AM(UTC)
Yeah, your tune seems to launch slightly better but otherwise probably very similar pace. Would be good to try if you could upload!

Traffic on that chicane is horrible on Otleydale. I am using Joey’s tune - it is very slidey. Think I could probably go 0.5 quicker but can’t get a clean run.
#1589 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 5:15:06 AM(UTC)
That’s a mighty time on Astmoor with the Syclone Tilo. What tune did you use for that?
#1590 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 5:15:23 AM(UTC)
Just tried Syclone Rocklxd, impressive performance but gear set up, certainly default, makes it sound like being under gear when, in fact, it is not, I had to resfrein myself from down gear to go under the 1mn. Made the best lap for the Syclone by the way, I guess it will remain for ... not very long ... may be already beaten by the time I write this :)
Good car but I have some very less performant cars that I consider much more fun to race.

Edited by user Sunday, November 1, 2020 7:48:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1591 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 5:48:54 AM(UTC)
That’s slightly faster than my Roadster time, so it’s clearly very strong. I’ll have to try Rock’s tune 👍.
#1592 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 8:29:00 AM(UTC)
Tilo - nice run. Most of the time the place I was gaining advantage was first corner, sometimes on that long straight and few times on last corner. If I will beat this time, it will be not by much.

Jezza - @arthurs CC - Well, I beat your time, but that is annoying. 9/10 times I'm in front of your ghost when I'm exiting tunnel (sometimes few car lengths ahead), but somehow your ghost is always catching up "betwenn" houses/barns. Is there some better path or maybe it is all about lucky landing? Sometimes my car bounce once and sometimes three times.
 1 user liked this post.
#1593 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 9:01:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
Tilo - nice run. Most of the time the place I was gaining advantage was first corner, sometimes on that long straight and few times on last corner. If I will beat this time, it will be not by much.

Jezza - @arthurs CC - Well, I beat your time, but that is annoying. 9/10 times I'm in front of your ghost when I'm exiting tunnel (sometimes few car lengths ahead), but somehow your ghost is always catching up "betwenn" houses/barns. Is there some better path or maybe it is all about lucky landing? Sometimes my car bounce once and sometimes three times.

Well, won't say that I don't feel good to have set a time that resisted you! I will enjoy my 68ms ahead as long as it stays. :)

Edited by user Sunday, November 1, 2020 9:06:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1594 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 12:17:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
You will be good with using greeteddust8 max power/weight.

I tried to try that tune, but have finally hit the limit for number of tunes. So just when they've finally given some breathing room with garage space, I would now have an even more tedious job to try to find some obsolete tunes to delete. I can't be bothered. The limit is only 500, is that right? Absolutely crazy, there should be an absolute minimum of 3 tune slots per car.
#1595 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 4:21:34 PM(UTC)
I just delete them every time I use a car. If I want three tunes, I have three cars. Works easily enough. Just have to remember which tune is using which paint job.

Zip - no particular better line. Arthur’s is just a bit annoying as it feels like you are waiting for a good bounce in various places. I’ll have a go at catching that tenth tomorrow 😅. We’ve improved the record quite a bit!

Edited by user Sunday, November 1, 2020 4:23:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1596 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2020 4:21:16 AM(UTC)
Gone 4 tenths or so quicker at Arthur’s. Also did a (one rewind) 2.41.6 so there is more time there. It’s still that second jump which is causing me a lot of re-runs. Just can’t consistently land it as I want.
#1597 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2020 9:25:17 AM(UTC)
-0:00,001 :P

EDIT: ....and 2:41,619, so it is around -0,46sec. There is still place to improve that, but for that we would need to combine my pre-tunnel with your post-tunnel run :)

Edited by user Monday, November 2, 2020 9:44:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1598 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2020 3:06:53 PM(UTC)
Hmm, just did a dirty 2.41.1 - first try against your new ghost. Clipped the wall just too hard on my favourite jump/right hander. That’s annoying.

Edit - 2.41.4 clean - your turn 🙂.

Edited by user Monday, November 2, 2020 3:27:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1599 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 3:49:58 AM(UTC)
I just delete them every time I use a car. If I want three tunes, I have three cars. Works easily enough. Just have to remember which tune is using which paint job.

I tried it with my old Daytona tunes, but if it's your own tune, deleting it unshares it, so the tune is then gone and can't be re-downloaded in the future. So a limit of 500 tunes is pretty bad for people who create their own tunes, as you can't even have one tune per car shared. However, it looks like I only have 148 tunes shared, so should have plenty of scope for deleting other people's tunes, if I can find them.

Managed to get #1 at Glen Rannoch ahead of you and Zip. It's very tedious, keep trying it over and over again in the hope of it not going wrong anywhere, not sure if I can be bothered to do it again for the other tracks.
#1600 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2020 8:35:42 AM(UTC)
That’s a very good time for GR Bree. I had a few goes earlier and can match you up until the section where you skirt around the jump. However, I can’t maintain speed through there anywhere near as well as you do. I could probably get somewhere near it with enough attempts but I agree that it’s not a fun course.

P.s. Just to clarify I agree 500 tunes is pretty poor, especially if you are actually a tuner (unlike me). It makes no sense that it shouldn’t at least be the same number as there are cars.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 3, 2020 8:41:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

70 Pages<<6263646566>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error