69 Pages<<6162636465>>PrevNext
#1551 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 9:07:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Probably 2 x B to S2 with usual car type/ category type restrictions.

I'd prefer it if we could use any car, apart from banning cars like the Peel, Monaco KC, any others we think of. There's mostly quite a few competitive options these days.
#1552 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 9:15:31 AM(UTC)
So meta and drag tyres banned? Yeah could do that.

#1553 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 3:05:43 PM(UTC)
Not all meta, just the really silly cars. For example, doing B class lakehurst copse last week, '74 Civic, Pulsar and Roadster are all meta B class options in general, but I found the Pulsar noticeably better than the other two for it. But I didn't try different builds of the Roadster, and maybe it would have done better with stock tyres, rather than my usual dirt tyre build of it. So what I'm saying is there's still plenty of testing to do to find the best car and build/tune for a track, even among those meta options.
#1554 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 4:57:57 AM(UTC)
Looking forward to the new events, Jezza!
#1555 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 10:32:07 PM(UTC)
I would love to see this thread restarting. I’ve got myself the game 1 month ago and find this post fascinating. ATM I’m not quick enough to compete with you guys but I love trying out new cars and tunes.

Edit: btw Rayne I tried your Clio R.S. FE and was one of the most fun FWD car to drive, Can I ask you how you tuned that to perfection?
#1556 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 5:22:41 AM(UTC)
Can we go back to FI cliff race? Either C or A class. Maybe Lancia Stratos challange? LOL
I really like this one track, but for some reason 99% of my gameplay is on main island, so I don't visit it to much :(
#1557 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 6:32:36 AM(UTC)
I think you were probably the only person who liked that track Zip!

I’ll have a think about possible challenges and post something later this week.
 2 users liked this post.
#1558 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 8:32:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MatteoSmot Go to Quoted Post
I would love to see this thread restarting. I’ve got myself the game 1 month ago and find this post fascinating. ATM I’m not quick enough to compete with you guys but I love trying out new cars and tunes.

Edit: btw Rayne I tried your Clio R.S. FE and was one of the most fun FWD car to drive, Can I ask you how you tuned that to perfection?

Happy to hear you liked it.
To be honest I built car suspension templates (for example FWD, 1.100kg weight, 61% weight distribution) for countless combinations with a very potent suspension calculator during Forza 7 years ago and just keep fine-tuning the values for Horizon builds.
Tire pressure, gear-box tuning, brake and diff settings are just a matter of experience I guess.
If it's an older build it won't be up to date to the newest performance tuning though.
From time to time during the lifetime of Horizon 4 new tuning insights surfaced like the mighty 1/65 anti-rollbar setting or the uselessness of improved front tire width on which older builds would need rebuilds/re-tunes.

Edited by user Monday, October 19, 2020 8:34:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1559 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 9:03:24 AM(UTC)
I can only manage top 10% in the new monthly rivals event. Is there some way to get the Velociraptor to turn that I'm unaware of? Using the steering doesn't seem to do much :p Turn! I know, I am bad at cross country, really bad.
#1560 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 9:43:22 AM(UTC)
I'm using handbrake sometimes. I mean not like you want to initiate drift, but more like quick tap.
Also I did few laps to clear trees/fences.
Tried to do "run up", but it didn't gave me any advantage.

One thing I don't how is when to shift? At this moment I was shifting where red zone starts.

PS. Jezza - yesterday I was checking rivals times for S1 Greendale Super Sprint and there was only 3 people from my "friends list", so maybe this will beon your list?
Probably you won;t beat your time - Monaco, but rest will be clear to go.
#1561 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 10:35:56 AM(UTC)
I’ll have a look. I don’t recall my Monaco time being that strong (I only did some testing of a few tunes to see what looked best) so I suspect I would beat it.
#1562 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 2:09:22 PM(UTC)
Just tried the monthly rivals (well for three laps to see how blatant the speed hacker was). It certainly doesn’t like turning. Will probably put quite a lot of laps into it this month though. Looks a fun challenge.
#1563 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2020 4:17:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I can only manage top 10% in the new monthly rivals event. Is there some way to get the Velociraptor to turn that I'm unaware of? Using the steering doesn't seem to do much :p Turn! I know, I am bad at cross country, really bad.

You actually aren't bad at all dude.

(edit) Also, off topic kinda, I have spent the past 7 months learning the Forza physics engine, making a really good tune for every car, with the exception of the McLaren and Camaro preorder. I am thinking about releasing them for public use. If there is any interest among well seasoned people here let me know and I will start putting them up. Funny the Hennessey actually handles better than the G63 6x6 by default, due to lower weight and a front weight balance of 51 can't wait to make a tune for this one.

(edit 2) FullNietzsche, you might want to try messing with the steering axis deadzone also in controller settings as well. I re-tried again steering linearity (55) Steering axis deadzone inside (30) about 10 or so laps I managed 53.753. I can probably do a bit better than that, but meh. Engine braking also helps cut braking understeer in this truck. Nailing the landing from both jumps is very important on this track, try to keep the steering as dead straight as possible. Half a second or more can be gained by doing that correctly. Also keep you foot in the power as much as possible but know when to let off around the corners, you can cut just a tad bit of understeer also by doing that too. Hopefully that is helpful.

(edit 3) I loaded your ghost again to see where exactly you are struggling at. The last few corners specifically, you are going too wide, and your speed is the other issue. Throttle control is very important to make this thing corner, then it's just the track, the end jump is the most difficult bit. Keep your line straight over the jump, no turning the wheels right before the jump, otherwise you lose too much speed when you land and or land awkwardly. On the start finish I am just about to shift into 6th, you are probably 10mph or so slower due to those last corners. I was playing with my normal steering and deadzone settings, (60, and 26), just mucking about with the truck getting more of a feel for it, I managed a 53.422.

(edit 4) Sorry it was 56 for the steering linearity, tried again changed the deadzone to 36, put in about 30 laps managed a 53.072, I'm about a tenth off DJS lol, probably can beat him, maybe later though. I am fourth overall for manual no clutch. I can do with clutch but I find the controls for that unnatural without a proper wheel setup. Anyway, I have dropped over a whole second from my original time. I think you should be somewhere in the low 54s about where I was with the right line and more speed.

Edited by user Friday, October 23, 2020 4:20:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1564 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 7:28:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Luxautica VIP Go to Quoted Post

(edit 4) Sorry it was 56 for the steering linearity, tried again changed the deadzone to 36, put in about 30 laps managed a 53.072, I'm about a tenth off DJS lol, probably can beat him, maybe later though. I am fourth overall for manual no clutch. I can do with clutch but I find the controls for that unnatural without a proper wheel setup. Anyway, I have dropped over a whole second from my original time. I think you should be somewhere in the low 54s about where I was with the right line and more speed.

LOL, and I was happy with my 54,3.
When do you change gear?

Rayne - any tips from you?

#1565 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 7:42:50 AM(UTC)
Thanks Luxautica, I will have another try at some point. And to think I was quite happy to get under a minute :p Until I realised it was still way under par.
#1566 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 8:20:27 AM(UTC)
Just did few laps. Managed to do 53,065.

Also tried again to do "run up". It gives 10-15km/h more speed at start. I'm pretty sure that krepiis and Mango did their laps using it.

If I could only manage to be more consistnent with that turn in highest point of the map I could fight for 52,5. Maybe will try it tomorrow.

EDIT: LOL, I was impatient and did few more laps. Result with run up -> 52,318 :)

Edited by user Friday, October 23, 2020 8:32:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1567 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 8:52:11 AM(UTC)
8th fastest, yikes, well done 👍

edit - I went 2.5 seconds quicker to improve from top 12% to top 2%. But I think I'll stick to the road.

Edited by user Friday, October 23, 2020 9:00:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1568 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 12:28:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Luxautica, I will have another try at some point. And to think I was quite happy to get under a minute :p Until I realised it was still way under par.

Yeah no prob. I also really enjoy road a lot more. Off-road is tricky because of the inconstancy with doing the quick times. I can run a lot more on my limit on the road consecutively more often than on off-road.

Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post

Also tried again to do "run up". It gives 10-15km/h more speed at start. I'm pretty sure that krepiis and Mango did their laps using it.

If I could only manage to be more consistnent with that turn in highest point of the map I could fight for 52,5. Maybe will try it tomorrow.

EDIT: LOL, I was impatient and did few more laps. Result with run up -> 52,318 :)

Wow, nice job! I am gonna put in some more effort today, I am aiming for 52.8 something or 52.6.

(edit) Yeah 52.6 is totally possible from me with run up. Managed to get a 52.6 but the lap was dirty because of a tree I hit on previous lap, I didn't notice until I completed the lap. Managed to get a clean 52.936, gonna keep at it for a 52.6. Literally the next lap I did after I posted this 52.7 lol

(Edit 2) Running my own ghost and having more coffee gets me a 52.637. 2nd fastest manual no clutch. Idk if that guy in first is using a wheel setup or not or cheating but idk. I'm 20th overall. Not bad. Pretty much where I wanted to be. I think .300ish of a second is fair to being behind someone using manual clutch. But you are using abs too I guess. I am doing engine braking, and braking very minimally.

Edited by user Friday, October 23, 2020 3:18:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1569 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 3:27:51 PM(UTC)
I can do with clutch but I find the controls for that unnatural without a proper wheel setup.

Honestly, I have both wheel and controller, and manual with clutch is MUCH easier to do with a controller than a wheel. It's absolutely horrible with a wheel. With a controller you just use the option to swap clutch and handbrake, and push the two buttons together with your thumb.
#1570 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 4:05:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
I can do with clutch but I find the controls for that unnatural without a proper wheel setup.

Honestly, I have both wheel and controller, and manual with clutch is MUCH easier to do with a controller than a wheel. It's absolutely horrible with a wheel. With a controller you just use the option to swap clutch and handbrake, and push the two buttons together with your thumb.

I wish I had a wheel setup. Idk I feel like with enough training I could manage that. Why is it so bad, too much delay or something? Yeah, I had thought about doing that with button swapping. Maybe it's time to retrain myself for that at least for road idk. Still would take awhile to get use to. Problem is when I do dirt/ off-road events I always end up going for the a handbrake and for some corners just by reflex lol.

Edited by user Sunday, November 1, 2020 3:06:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1571 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2020 3:34:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post

Update on this, I did about 150 laps. Found the right controller settings for me for my perfect line, managed a 52.585. Without the runup and a perfect line I don't think anything below 52.6 is achievable, I may be wrong. By the end of second lap after run up the momentum and speed is lost. So you can do about two fast laps with the run up method. Still using manual no clutch on this. I can probably beat a 52.3 with enough laps and patience. Seems there is another two tenths to be gained on perfect landing. I messed up and hit a bump on the edge on landing, resulting in a increase on time.
#1572 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 5:48:51 AM(UTC)
Hello the racers, I have 2 questions for you, hope you won't mind if I am borderline from the topic.

What tuner/tune would you take for a Colossus S1 winter with objective 4mn44 with a Toyota supra 98 ?
I tried some popular rwd with winter tyres, helps off or on, I am kind of 8-10s late after several tries. Since I am playing less lately, I assume I got rusty but wanted to ask the rivals men for a confirmation

What would you take for a A800 Colossus Winter ? I know some low grip very fast cars for summer and somehow acceptable for rain but winter ???

1 user liked this post.
#1573 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 6:53:24 AM(UTC)
4.44 is fast. That’s my Pb in standard rivals, so not in wet and not being presumably delayed by traffic in an S1 winter race. The usual recommended 98 Supra tunes are by TDU1PlatinumMod and Scaans from memory.

Rayne’s FWD Peugeot would be a good choice for A Colossus winter as there’s no snow, so it’s really just wet conditions.
#1574 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 1:25:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
4.44 is fast. That’s my Pb in standard rivals, so not in wet and not being presumably delayed by traffic in an S1 winter race. The usual recommended 98 Supra tunes are by TDU1PlatinumMod and Scaans from memory.

Rayne’s FWD Peugeot would be a good choice for A Colossus winter as there’s no snow, so it’s really just wet conditions.

Yes it is, not the kind of time I manage with any AWD. Certainly a rwd expert. The whole race has very little snow but the start is on snow, start rwd with turn on ice not easy

I will try those tunes to see if I am able to handle, thanks for your feedback Jezza!

[EDIT] With Rayne's tune, I did beat my previous time by just something close to 10 seconds ... woaw ! Scaan tune is just so easiest than TDU's for me, day and night. I am no doubt a beginner at handling rwd and have no time to spend a whole day on it, 4.54 is my best on winter track even having set drivatars to the easiest to avoid them polluting my time.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 28, 2020 2:23:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1575 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 4:02:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MatteoSmot Go to Quoted Post

Happy to hear you liked it.
To be honest I built car suspension templates (for example FWD, 1.100kg weight, 61% weight distribution) for countless combinations with a very potent suspension calculator during Forza 7 years ago and just keep fine-tuning the values for Horizon builds.
Tire pressure, gear-box tuning, brake and diff settings are just a matter of experience I guess.
If it's an older build it won't be up to date to the newest performance tuning though.
From time to time during the lifetime of Horizon 4 new tuning insights surfaced like the mighty 1/65 anti-rollbar setting or the uselessness of improved front tire width on which older builds would need rebuilds/re-tunes.

Am I correct in assuming all front tire width upgrade does then is increase oversteer with no handling bonus?
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
69 Pages<<6162636465>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error