63 Pages<<60616263PrevNext
#1526 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 4:21:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
The weakest “winning” time currently is Canada but even that’s sub 31, so you’ve got to be incredible to have a shot. I suspect I could get around top 100 if I sweated out hundreds of laps but there’s no chance I could get the 30.6 lead UK time. That’s just way beyond my ability.

If you want to go quicker, then an option is to put manual on and stay in fourth gear for the whole lap so you don’t have to change anyway. Sub 32 is definitely possible with that approach.

They have removed the cheat times that were near the top of the leaderboard by the way - they were deleted on Friday I think and, last time I checked, no new ones had appeared. Shows they can do it when there is a prize on the line.

Just curious to know whether a fair few of those times were set using PC? If so would they be eligible for the Xbox Hall of Fame? Be stupid if they were as it has become quite obvious no one using Xbox will beat a PC time if that PC user uses a cheat hack to bump up their time ever so slightly to make it not look like they cheated.

Might have a quick browse myself to see how many actually are PC times.

Oh and don't get me wrong, i know there are plenty of PC players who don't cheat too.

There’s three players I know are Xbox in the top 20. I suspect most of the remaining 17 are PC but there’s a few I’m not sure of.

Edit - I think it’s been confirmed that PC times are eligible for the prizes as well.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 6, 2020 6:00:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1527 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 5:46:43 AM(UTC)
Achieving top rivals time with PC is not necessarily related to cheating. If you add the possible superiority power of a PC able to push up limits of FPS and speed of physics calculation, low latency displays with gsync/fsync, wired controller or wheel ( allowing to split the controls between hands and feet ) , that whole list is itself providing an advantage when coming down to few tens of seconds.

Btw, I would recommend not to rely on the symbol of PC/Xbox associated to a player, many players do have both and when it happens, only xbox is shown.

Regardless device, there is the human behind the controller, eyes of a 15 years old are not the same than those of a 50 yo old, same applies to reflexes. There is also the time one can spend on the activity.

At last there is the stability of the game itself, physics calculation of FH sometimes does unexpected things, it can slow you for nothing but it can also gives a little unexpected bonus or just forget to make you slide.

At the end of the day, it would be very interesting to be able to filter on what times were indeed done using an Xbox. They can't deny they know the device since they are able to ban it :)

[EDIT] I am also wondering if all views are indeed even concerning collision detection / checkpoint flags ....

Edited by user Tuesday, October 6, 2020 5:49:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1528 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 10:52:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Achieving top rivals time with PC is not necessarily related to cheating. If you add the possible superiority power of a PC able to push up limits of FPS and speed of physics calculation, low latency displays with gsync/fsync, wired controller or wheel ( allowing to split the controls between hands and feet ) , that whole list is itself providing an advantage when coming down to few tens of seconds.

If PC really is so superior, why even make a console? And wasn't that the whole point of the console, to be faster, fps, active x, etc., for gaming experience?

Every train needs a caboose, right?
#1529 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 11:23:37 AM(UTC)
Follow up to my previous post.

C-class Talbot. Shorter gears helping a lot on both tracks.

Lakehurst Woodland Scramble - currently 6th time, 1:20,983. But it wasn't clean run, I just wanted to go under 21.

Derwent Reservoir Trail - currently 4th time (behind Rayne), 3:01,091. I was always catching up to Rayne ghost at dirt part, but of course, once I was in front of him at that long straight I messed up that part and clipped that destroyable wall :(

If anyone wants to try it tune is shared :)

2 users liked this post.
#1530 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 11:33:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
If PC really is so superior, why even make a console? And wasn't that the whole point of the console, to be faster, fps, active x, etc., for gaming experience?

There was a point in time when consoles were very different to PCs, and there was a benefit to their hardware being designed purely for gaming, vs more general PC hardware. But the latest consoles are basically just fixed spec PCs running a custom OS, and more expensive PC hardware is simply better.

It was an eye opener to me, recently, when I moved my monitors around, and switched from playing at 4k 60fps to 1080p 150fps. I could instantly tell how much more accurately I could judge my turning into corners. In terms of what the in-game benchmark reports, it's the difference between 70ms and 20ms of latency. In 50ms, at 150mph, your car has moved 3.4 metres, which is a massive difference. If it were constant latency, you could adapt, but there will be random variation within that, to some extent, depending on where your inputs happen to fall in between frame refreshes.

You can also use wider screens with PC, allowing you to better judge actions by looking down the road in places that are off the side of a 16:9 screen. If someone is using a 3090 with a 32:9 screen, or triple 16:9 screen, at very high refresh rate, they're going to have a significant advantage for both field of view and latency over a console player. Triple screens will be totally OP for playground games.
#1531 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 12:59:35 PM(UTC)
[quote=wwwREXwww;1174478][quote=Jezza14;1174419There’s three players I know are Xbox in the top 20. I suspect most of the remaining 17 are PC but there’s a few I’m not sure of.

Edit - I think it’s been confirmed that PC times are eligible for the prizes as well.

From Xbox Hall of Fame - Terms

"Then, engage in gameplay on Xbox Live on an Xbox One to qualify for Contest prizes as set forth in the Entry Chart: "

I'm assuming they have quite clearly stated it must be on an Xbox to qualify.

Can PC players get an Xbox live account anyway?

If above is right then it does shorten the field a considerable bit Jezza.

#1532 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 1:18:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post

There was a point in time when consoles were very different to PCs, and there was a benefit to their hardware being designed purely for gaming, vs more general PC hardware. But the latest consoles are basically just fixed spec PCs running a custom OS, and more expensive PC hardware is simply better.

It was an eye opener to me, recently, when I moved my monitors around, and switched from playing at 4k 60fps to 1080p 150fps. I could instantly tell how much more accurately I could judge my turning into corners. In terms of what the in-game benchmark reports, it's the difference between 70ms and 20ms of latency. In 50ms, at 150mph, your car has moved 3.4 metres, which is a massive difference. If it were constant latency, you could adapt, but there will be random variation within that, to some extent, depending on where your inputs happen to fall in between frame refreshes.

You can also use wider screens with PC, allowing you to better judge actions by looking down the road in places that are off the side of a 16:9 screen. If someone is using a 3090 with a 32:9 screen, or triple 16:9 screen, at very high refresh rate, they're going to have a significant advantage for both field of view and latency over a console player. Triple screens will be totally OP for playground games.

+ PC is not requiring to pay for online.

What's the point of making a XSX ? Plug 'n play I would say.

1 user liked this post.
#1533 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 1:45:40 PM(UTC)

"Then, engage in gameplay on Xbox Live on an Xbox One to qualify for Contest prizes as set forth in the Entry Chart: "

I play on PC for a different game and that game links to my Xb Live account, not sure if that's the answer you're looking for......
Eat. Sleep. Forza. || FM5 * FM6 * FM7 || FH2 * FH3 * FH4
#1534 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 2:35:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PowerSauce24131 Go to Quoted Post

I play on PC for a different game and that game links to my Xb Live account, not sure if that's the answer you're looking for......

Thanks, i just thought PC didn't need an Xbox live account as they play Forza online events for free apparently whereas Xbox players have to have an account to play online..........

That's what i though anyway but i could very well be wrong.
 1 user liked this post.
#1535 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 2:38:41 PM(UTC)
+ PC is not requiring to pay for online.

What's the point of making a XSX ? Plug 'n play I would say.

I've seen mention of them making it free to play online on Xbox as well. XSX is still cheaper than an equivalent PC, and will play FH4 very nicely. It will be a nice upgrade for Xbox One X or S owners.

I think MS is pretty indifferent to whether people play on XSX or PC. XSX is cheaper and will play games really well. But you can get significantly better performance from a PC that isn't THAT expensive, and have better future upgradeability. For example, if someone already has a PC, should they upgrade it with a 3070 rather than buying an XSX or PS5 for the same money?

https://www.techradar.co...the-ps5-or-xbox-series-x
#1536 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 2:45:34 PM(UTC)
[quote=wwwREXwww;1174478][quote=Jezza14;1174419There’s three players I know are Xbox in the top 20. I suspect most of the remaining 17 are PC but there’s a few I’m not sure of.

A PC is an 'Xbox' in this context, 'Xbox' in the broad sense means the Xbox platform which includes PC.

And yes, all PC players who play FH4 need an Xbox live account, you can't play without one.
#1537 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 7:44:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

A PC is an 'Xbox' in this context, 'Xbox' in the broad sense means the Xbox platform which includes PC.

And yes, all PC players who play FH4 need an Xbox live account, you can't play without one.

are you sure of that ? https://www.gamespot.com...windows-/1100-6425744/#:~:text=Xbox%20Live%20Gold%20will%20not,during%20a%20January%20Microsoft%20event.&text=In%20fact%2C%20some%20PC%20gamers,the%20Microsoft%20Insider%20testing%20program.

https://support.xbox.com...ns/xbox-game-pass-pc-faq
From support itself :
Question : Do I need Xbox Live Gold to play online multiplayer games on PC?
Answer : No. There’s no additional charge to play online multiplayer games on PC. You will, however, need a wired or wireless internet connection to play online.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 6, 2020 8:33:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1538 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 8:19:33 PM(UTC)

Was quite sure someone on another thread mentioned they didn't need Xbox live to play Forza Online events on PC.

Anyway, i looked at several articles, read every word on the Xbox Hall of Fame and nowhere do they mention PC is eligible. The term "Xbox One" comes up frequently in regards to what it is being played on for the competition. Makes sense really. Why would you allow a PC player who isn't using an Xbox to become an Xbox Hall of Famer? It's a bit like Ferrari having a Ferrari competition and a person brings along a lamborghini, wins and gets crowned Ferrari Champion lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll keep on trying to improve my score but i have a feeling i'm not going to be anywhere near contention.

Oh well, Xbox Series X, you will drain my bank account..........again.
#1539 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 9:57:23 PM(UTC)

Was quite sure someone on another thread mentioned they didn't need Xbox live to play Forza Online events on PC.

Anyway, i looked at several articles, read every word on the Xbox Hall of Fame and nowhere do they mention PC is eligible. The term "Xbox One" comes up frequently in regards to what it is being played on for the competition. Makes sense really. Why would you allow a PC player who isn't using an Xbox to become an Xbox Hall of Famer? It's a bit like Ferrari having a Ferrari competition and a person brings along a lamborghini, wins and gets crowned Ferrari Champion lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll keep on trying to improve my score but i have a feeling i'm not going to be anywhere near contention.

Well your expectations looks to me as much higher than anything FH team managed so far. I think the fact that the user plays on PC or Xbox is not available from FH at the moment. They could possibly consider manual check but information visible from xbox is not reliable, people having both PC and xbox are tagged xbox. Furthermore why would they exclude PC players that they try to attract at any cost ( no xbox live required to play online )

#1540 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 10:15:57 PM(UTC)

are you sure of that ? https://www.gamespot.com...windows-/1100-6425744/#:~:text=Xbox%20Live%20Gold%20will%20not,during%20a%20January%20Microsoft%20event.&text=In%20fact%2C%20some%20PC%20gamers,the%20Microsoft%20Insider%20testing%20program.

https://support.xbox.com...ns/xbox-game-pass-pc-faq
From support itself :
Question : Do I need Xbox Live Gold to play online multiplayer games on PC?
Answer : No. There’s no additional charge to play online multiplayer games on PC. You will, however, need a wired or wireless internet connection to play online.

You said do players need an XBox Live account, you didn't specify Gold.
#1541 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2020 10:19:27 PM(UTC)

They might have said that but they would have meant you don't need a Gold account.

Quote:

I can't say PC is definitely eligible but if it isn't I would expect them to explicitly say that. I assume 'Xbox One' is simply a reference to it being an Xbox One game and not to be taken 100% literally. It should have been worded better either way though.

I don't think the Ferrari / Lamborghini analogy holds much validity because the game is identical on PC (to all intents and purposes), it is the same code running on the same sort of hardware, ie. an Xbox is simply a PC with a custom version of Windows 10 esssentially. It's not like previous console gens where the PC version of a console game would be a port onto alien hardware.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 6, 2020 10:25:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1542 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2020 1:56:24 AM(UTC)
I can’t be bothered checking back through discord but there was a lot of uncertainty whether PCs were eligible last week and now everyone seems clear that PC times are fine. I assume that someone has had official confirmation on the point.

Anyone wanting to have a chance of winning, no matter which country, will need to be running well under 31 seconds.
#1543 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2020 2:30:33 AM(UTC)
I can’t be bothered checking back through discord but there was a lot of uncertainty whether PCs were eligible last week and now everyone seems clear that PC times are fine. I assume that someone has had official confirmation on the point.

Anyone wanting to have a chance of winning, no matter which country, will need to be running well under 31 seconds.

I'm just going to go ahead and buy one anyway. No way i can do sub 31 on the Xbox, i damn near struggle to do 32 but when i do i maintain it for awhile.

I think i'm near 32.2 or close to it. I did get 31.8 (took me forever) but tapped that damn wall on exit from corner into home straight :(

I spin out too much when i take TC off and that's even feathering the throttle.

I did put a post up on Microsofts Xbox support page asking for clarification, i'll let them be the final judge and report back if they answer it.
#1544 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2020 8:58:19 AM(UTC)
At this point, I'll be extremely happy if I can break into the "33s" .... currently sitting at 34.2, almost did it this morning chasing the same ghost, but alas I tapped that wall before the Finish line......
#1545 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2020 4:06:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PowerSauce24131 Go to Quoted Post
At this point, I'll be extremely happy if I can break into the "33s" .... currently sitting at 34.2, almost did it this morning chasing the same ghost, but alas I tapped that wall before the Finish line......

I hear ya. That damn wall is a pain in the proverbial.
#1546 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 6:27:54 AM(UTC)
What do people think about doing something similar to the start of the year and having Rivals events for 8 weeks (I think probably all road this time - not Dirt or Cross Country), finishing around Christmas? Probably 2 x B to S2 with usual car type/ category type restrictions.

If people reply to say there is interest, I’ll try and set something up.
 1 user liked this post.
#1547 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 6:38:44 AM(UTC)
I would be in.
#1548 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 9:05:11 AM(UTC)
I'd probably take part, Jezza.
#1549 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 12:35:57 PM(UTC)
Sounds like fun, time permitting, I'd be down.
#1550 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 10:24:33 PM(UTC)
Sure, I can give it a try.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
63 Pages<<60616263PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error