72 Pages<<5859606162>>PrevNext
#1476 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 11:04:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone tried the Pulsar at all? Seems to be a top tier B class car. Happened to spot it was top of the Cotswold Rally course so tried it there first. I managed 3rd, which means 4 of the top 5 times are now in the Pulsar.

Switched to Street and immediately beat the MX5 time I set on Mortimers Pass (which was itself a very creditable 3rd). With a bit more luck with traffic, I’ve just beaten Sway Josh’s Roadster time to go top by 4 tenths.

With stock tires I assume? Only tried A800 yet and I noticed how well it handels snow with only Sports tires equipped. Doesn't lose much traction at all.

Any update as to how it handles in Winter? I would like to use something different than my R33 all the time.
#1477 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 12:34:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I'm at a real loss how I can't make the Pulsar work on Glenfinnan Chase, I can do a perfectly good run and finish about a second behind my Roadster time, which isn't a car which is terribly competitive on this course judging by the leaderboard anyway. I have the top Roadster time but it's 6.1 seconds behind Rayne in 1st. The Pulsar doesn't seem very fast but it handles like the tyres are made of butter. Usually a car with bad handling is very quick to make up for it. It makes me wonder if I'm using the right tune or not.

edit - went 4 tenths quicker in the Roadster anyway. Though not enough to move up.

The tune I’m using is Fastminer07’s latest one with the number 5 in the heading. The cornering is fine for me - it can get out of shape relatively easily though. It launches slightly better than Rayne’s but other than that they seem to be about the same speed (and Rayne’s is slightly more stable) so if Rayne’s build is working for you there wouldn’t be any advantage in trying it again.
#1478 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 12:44:04 AM(UTC)
I'm at a real loss how I can't make the Pulsar work on Glenfinnan Chase, I can do a perfectly good run and finish about a second behind my Roadster time, which isn't a car which is terribly competitive on this course judging by the leaderboard anyway. I have the top Roadster time but it's 6.1 seconds behind Rayne in 1st. The Pulsar doesn't seem very fast but it handles like the tyres are made of butter. Usually a car with bad handling is very quick to make up for it. It makes me wonder if I'm using the right tune or not.

edit - went 4 tenths quicker in the Roadster anyway. Though not enough to move up.

The tune I’m using is Fastminer07’s latest one with the number 5 in the heading. The cornering is fine for me - it can get out of shape relatively easily though. It launches slightly better than Rayne’s but other than that they seem to be about the same speed (and Rayne’s is slightly more stable) so if Rayne’s build is working for you there wouldn’t be any advantage in trying it again.

It's possible they are much the same and I just finally got the hang of it I suppose, which can happen.

Sometimes when you spend a lot of time with a particular car which handles well and then switch to one like the Pulsar or the Honda Civic 74 it can take (me) a while to get used to it again.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 10, 2020 12:46:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#1479 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 2:14:48 PM(UTC)
I've set a few personal bests on various tracks in the Pulsar now and I'm impressed, surprisingly so. Elmsdon 12th, Cotswold 13th (Ziperr is 8th in the same car), Lakehurst 9th etc. Have to see what else I can improve on.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 10, 2020 3:01:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1480 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 2:41:57 AM(UTC)
I saw FN had overtaken me at Derwent Reservoir which tempted me to try it in the AMC Rebel - 1700 bhp RWD (TCS on). Managed to get up to 4th behind two Cudas and a very good run in a Shelby Daytona. I did a dirty run 1 tenth behind the Daytona so pretty sure I could beat that. I think the Cudas are out of reach though, at least with TCS.

Also had a go at Cotswold, another power track. Best time with the Cuda but only a second or so better than Zip’s time in the Pulsar. I ran a more or less identical time to Zip in the Pulsar (0.03 different) so don’t think there’s much room for improvement.

Edited by user Friday, June 12, 2020 1:34:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1481 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 1:47:13 AM(UTC)
I finally got around to trying Rayne’s Sagaris FE RWD build yesterday. I’ve set a time at the Colossus of about 4.50, good enough for about 170th. I think I could probably improve that by 2-3 seconds but that still wouldn’t be enough to break the top 100. There’s a lot of Shelby Monaco’s ahead of me though and I can’t see another Sagaris FE in the top 300, so no idea whether my time is competitive for the car or not!
#1482 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 1:03:34 AM(UTC)
Just tried the 205R on the Colossus again, previous time 5:22.7 with TCS off, I tried with TCS on again and went a second faster. I imagine the potential time (with it on) is a lot lower than this.

edit - and now 5:20.8 with a few bad mistakes. Could probably do 5:18 or so as my best.

edit - 5:16.9 now. So this is only 1.5 - 3.5 seconds behind Jezza and Rayne who have TCS off, and I would expect them to be at least that much quicker than me in any case in an identical car, so maybe TCS off is not actually any faster on this particular course? That is assuming their times represent serious efforts like mine, I don't know. (I mean the times are great but they might have a lot left in the tank to go faster whereas for me this is really pushing myself.)

Edited by user Tuesday, June 16, 2020 7:17:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1483 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 3:40:34 PM(UTC)
Just had a go with TCS on and ran 5.15.1. Could go a bit quicker but probably no better than 5.13 or so. I could do 5.15 to 5.18 or so pretty much every time though. It’s very easy to drive.

I’ve had quite a number of goes to get a really good run with TCS off and can’t manage it. My current best run is good until the end of the motorway but I then lose a lot of time up to the finish. Rayne’s run featured a middle section where he makes minor errors on three or four corners in a row and I think he hits a log to lose a lot of time as well. Pretty sure under 5.10 would be possible with a really good run using the 5th gear only approach.
#1484 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 1:58:22 AM(UTC)
Shall we try an event over the next week or two primarily to test the new cars? Anyone got any thoughts on a course they’d like to use?
#1485 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 6:51:26 AM(UTC)
Sounds good. I'm not sure which courses yet, I'll try a few when the cars come out.
 1 user liked this post.
#1486 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 12:12:45 AM(UTC)
Had only time to test some builds of the Corolla yesterday but so far I'm not impressed.

Only 225s rear tire width which effectively prevents RWD power builds. The car even struggles with traction with somewhat normal builds. A reason is the lack of Vintage Race tires which can handle power better than Street tires.
No bodykit to improve the width.
Only the stock engine and the Rally-engine which are both weak for road racing.
As a result:
- too slow for D500 with a top speed of 190 km/h
- for C600 it either can't handle the power with stock tires or is extremely slow with street tires.
- B700 with street tires and basically maxxed out stock engine didn't feel good either. Ran two unranked adventures but with mid 1:17s at Holyrood it's trash tier. It struggles with the power and still reaches only ~230 km/h.

The last remaining build I could think of would be an A800 AWD Off-roads Rally-engine one.

Hadn't had time for testing on the Celica. Doesn't have many engine swaps (Rally-engine and R34) but it has a bodykit wich increases rear tire width without wasting PI for front tire width or front-aero. So, maybe?

Edited by user Friday, June 19, 2020 12:18:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1487 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2020 2:32:59 AM(UTC)
I tried both cars with various tunes and also couldn't find anything they were particularly good at. Including a B class Celica tune with the aforementioned bodykit, by Nalak28.
#1488 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 6:59:48 AM(UTC)
I guess this is a no go this week then due to the mediocrity of the new cars? :p Maybe the new ones this week will be better.
#1489 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 9:10:48 AM(UTC)
Yes, Rayne’s post wasn’t encouraging so I thought I’d wait for this week and see what the other two cars are like.
#1490 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 8:57:51 AM(UTC)
How about Monument Wynds (as its first race in the trial) using any Toyota in any class and see how that goes?

Actually, I seem to already be high up the B leaderboard for that one, as is FN for A. Let’s try Lakehurst Rush instead.

Edited by user Thursday, June 25, 2020 9:16:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1491 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 9:48:07 AM(UTC)
A quick impro-build for the '95 MR-2 for B700 as RWD felt quite good. Handling with stock tires isn't the best but its speed with only 258bhp is remarkable. Managed low 1:16s at Holyrood which is a track that favours handling. Definitely more potential than last week.

#1492 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 10:06:58 AM(UTC)
How about Monument Wynds (as its first race in the trial) using any Toyota in any class and see how that goes?

Actually, I seem to already be high up the B leaderboard for that one, as is FN for A. Let’s try Lakehurst Rush instead.

Done a quick few runs at A, B and C. Tried both MR2s at A, best was the 95 with a tune by ReZoaK but based on this it isn't a competitive car in this class at least.
#1493 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 1:43:44 PM(UTC)
I see Rayne has gone 3rd in B class at Lakehurst. Clearly the MR2 has potential!

My first attempt was 2.26.7 using Fastminer07’s tune. 0.7 seconds off my Daytona time, so not on the board yet. Think I’d struggle to go too much quicker with that tune though. Just a bit lacking in power.

Edited by user Thursday, June 25, 2020 2:01:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1494 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 3:33:48 PM(UTC)
I’ve joined Rayne in the top 5 using Fastminer07’s RWD tune. A few more tenths to find but the 2 lead Daytona’s are out of reach.

Bree - on an entirely unrelated note, but whilst I remember and on the basis you are likely to see it here, I’ve been using your Punk A dirt tune pretty much exclusively for Ranked. I’ve had no problems at all with its stability, even at Freeroam. I also don’t think I’ve come across anyone using an obviously quicker build, so great work!
#1495 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 1:11:24 AM(UTC)
I’ve joined Rayne in the top 5 using Fastminer07’s RWD tune. A few more tenths to find but the 2 lead Daytona’s are out of reach.

The two Daytonas will require a lot of effort and even then I don't know if they are beatable with the '95 MR-2.

My listed time was only the second run without traffic and I already saw some spots to gain time - especially in the village.
Not shifting down in 2nd might be faster.
Maybe crushing through the stone wall, passing the checkpoint on the left and thus, positioning the car farther on the left for the uphill right could save time.
Have to see how much the car gets slowed down by the wall.
But the gap to the Daytonas is huge.

Couldn't find a use for the '89 MR-2 yet. It has the V-TEC + centrifugal swap so it should have its place.

1 user liked this post.
#1496 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 3:32:34 AM(UTC)
I tried lakehurst with the 95 MR-2, I struggled to take advantage of the RWD, finally went to something else and first reach of the finish line ( after like 20 or more drivatars coming onto mandatory line ... grrr ) , I manage a good time. Given what you managed with the toy, I guess the daytonas are at your reach guys!
 1 user liked this post.
#1497 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 3:45:01 AM(UTC)
I did a 2:27 with the MR2 and Fastminer's tune, then tried the new B-class darling Nissan Pulsar and went two seconds quicker. Like Tilo I found the MR2 tricky to drive and not terribly fast to justify the slippery knife edge handling.

2:23.8 in the Pulsar with a better run. Jezza or Rayne could probably go 1st with this.

Edited by user Friday, June 26, 2020 4:16:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1498 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 6:59:20 AM(UTC)
I did a 2:27 with the MR2 and Fastminer's tune, then tried the new B-class darling Nissan Pulsar and went two seconds quicker. Like Tilo I found the MR2 tricky to drive and not terribly fast to justify the slippery knife edge handling.

2:23.8 in the Pulsar with a better run. Jezza or Rayne could probably go 1st with this.

Really struggled against your ghost but eventually beat it with the MR-2 - but only just and with a decent line throughout the whole track.
The remaining 1 second to the Daytonas is impossible with the MR-2. At least for me.

#1499 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 7:39:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post

Really struggled against your ghost but eventually beat it with the MR-2 - but only just and with a decent line throughout the whole track.
The remaining 1 second to the Daytonas is impossible with the MR-2. At least for me.

I tried again and went within a tenth of your time. I'll have to try in a Daytona although I have a feeling I won't be any quicker than the Pulsar.

edit - best I can do with a Daytona is about 9 tenths slower than the Pulsar. The Daytona is quicker but doesn't turn and grip as well, so I lose more than I gain. Probably if driven perfectly it is capable of a quicker time but the Pulsar is a lot easier to extract more of its potential.

Edited by user Friday, June 26, 2020 7:57:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1500 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 9:00:29 AM(UTC)
Your exit from the last part of that complex section in the village is annoyingly good Rayne! I had my bonnet touching the back of your ghost on the way in to it, thought I took it ok and ended up 7 tenths down! Suggests I can at least get into the 2.23s though.
72 Pages<<5859606162>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error