This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages<<3456PrevNext
#101 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 6:36:37 PM(UTC)
Just did some laps in the 340r. Didn’t realize it was number one on the LB till I decided to check where my time was at. Looks like I’ve gotta find about 4 seconds somewhere... maybe RWD and stock tires.. imma have to come back to this when I have time to finagle with ARBs and damping etc.

By the way fun choices this week jezza! Retro sports cars is one of the best divisions imho.
(Also still v curious about your civic, any chance you like to share what tires/engine/drivetrain you used?)
#102 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 6:59:28 PM(UTC)
I like Glen Rannoch. Especially in a couple feet of snow. But I just got the Hoonigan RS200 so figured I'd run it in the dust. Love this car!
2:46.146 at #69
#103 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 3:28:04 AM(UTC)
Awesome track choices. "Unfortunately" I'm on vacation from tommorrow on. So I can only set some initial lap times.
After a few tries at Glen Rannoch I've set a 2:35.1xx in the Hoonigan RS200. With more time and ideal checkpoint cutting 2:32's should be possible in the Hoonigan.
Don't know if I find time for the Fortune Island track.
#104 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 7:47:43 AM(UTC)
The Hoonigan RS200 is an awesome car. I’ve just about got ahead of Galaxie in one of the VWs but can go quite a bit quicker I feel.

Beef - the Civic is a downloaded tune but it’s a FWD with about 1,000 Bhp. I did a bit of reverse engineering and it appears to have the 6.2l V8 engine with sport tyres. I can’t work out how it’s generating as much BHP though - my re-built version only has circa 600 Bhp, so presumably I’m missing something they’ve installed. I can share the name of the tune if you like?
#105 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 11:12:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
The Hoonigan RS200 is an awesome car. I’ve just about got ahead of Galaxie in one of the VWs but can go quite a bit quicker I feel.

Beef - the Civic is a downloaded tune but it’s a FWD with about 1,000 Bhp. I did a bit of reverse engineering and it appears to have the 6.2l V8 engine with sport tyres. I can’t work out how it’s generating as much BHP though - my re-built version only has circa 600 Bhp, so presumably I’m missing something they’ve installed. I can share the name of the tune if you like?

Ok cool cool that answers the two main things for me; that I was on the right track with how I was setting up the car, and that I was no where near the quickest fwd time.

My best time was with sports/fwd/v8 at about 625hp. I tried it with skinny front tires and the centrifugal super charger after that but gave up, that extra 300+ hp made it such an unfun nightmare to drive.

By the way I beat ya by a bit over on fortune island but I’m still losing time on the straightish part of the course. Probably gonna require making the car way less fun to drive again to catch that guy with the 1:08
#106 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 2:29:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ForbiddenBeef21 Go to Quoted Post

Ok cool cool that answers the two main things for me; that I was on the right track with how I was setting up the car, and that I was no where near the quickest fwd time.

My best time was with sports/fwd/v8 at about 625hp. I tried it with skinny front tires and the centrifugal super charger after that but gave up, that extra 300+ hp made it such an unfun nightmare to drive.

By the way I beat ya by a bit over on fortune island but I’m still losing time on the straightish part of the course. Probably gonna require making the car way less fun to drive again to catch that guy with the 1:08

Are you running race tires on the Lotus 340R? Drove against your ghost and lost a lot of time on the first part but got you on the straights. With a little bit more time I could get #1 I guess.
#107 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 12:04:41 PM(UTC)
Really enjoyed the last run guys 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

Wasn’t too sure how I’d do when I saw this week’s choice but after a bit of perseverance it’s not too bad… 2:36.757 so far in the Hoonigan RS200 tuned by Ang3l. Going to stick with GRT rather than try the Fortune Island run as I could do with the practice on this surface.

Edited by user Sunday, September 1, 2019 12:07:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#108 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 12:23:35 PM(UTC)
Yep I had race tires on the 340r. AWD as well. I don’t think either of those are totally necessary for the track.. but probably necessary for ME to drive it that fast. AWD seemed way faster around the hairpin but that could be a driver skill issue.
#109 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 2:10:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MIDNYTE DUBH Go to Quoted Post
Really enjoyed the last run guys 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

Wasn’t too sure how I’d do when I saw this week’s choice but after a bit of perseverance it’s not too bad… 2:36.757 so far in the Hoonigan RS200 tuned by Ang3l. Going to stick with GRT rather than try the Fortune Island run as I could do with the practice on this surface.

I’ve joined the 2.36 Hoonigan RS200 club with a 2.36.3. So far, probably unsurprisingly, it seems to be the best of the Rally Monsters. I managed a 2.40 in the Opel which I think I could reduce by a second or so if I stopped missing checkpoints when trying to really cut them fine but I don’t think a 2.36 would be doable.

Is anyone going to try the Lego Mini...
 1 user liked this post.
#110 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 6:53:38 PM(UTC)
If anyone is interested in joining another hot lap competition, we are starting a new series this Wednesday, 4th September.

Here is where you'll find it:

HLR HLCs Series 3

Edited by user Sunday, September 1, 2019 6:55:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#111 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 12:11:55 PM(UTC)
Nice one Jezza 👍🏾

I’ve improved a bit & am now tucked in behind Ang3l on 2:35.856 with a few more tenths to gain if I can string the best parts of my runs together 😉

Also think I’m going to join in Moss’ HLC comp - always been a bit reticent before but I’m more confident now & tbh the fortnightly time frame gives me more scope to paint... which is my main Forza fix.

FH4 / FH3
#112 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 12:31:09 PM(UTC)
Got bored of dirty times at Glen Ranncoh, so spent a couple of minutes on Fortune Island.
Run 1:14.074 in a Lotus 340R, might find a couple of tenths if I run for longer but not much more
#113 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 2:01:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MIDNYTE DUBH Go to Quoted Post
Nice one Jezza 👍🏾

I’ve improved a bit & am now tucked in behind Ang3l on 2:35.856 with a few more tenths to gain if I can string the best parts of my runs together 😉

Also think I’m going to join in Moss’ HLC comp - always been a bit reticent before but I’m more confident now & tbh the fortnightly time frame gives me more scope to paint... which is my main Forza fix.

Nicely done. I’ve been playing around on Fortune Island so haven’t had a chance to try and improve on GRT. Should get a chance in the next day or so.

Is everyone happy to join Moss’ somewhat more official comp moving forwards? I can leave one challenge up here for anyone who wants to try it but leave it up for a few weeks? Can always reinvigorate it if/when there is a break in Moss’ one.
#114 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 2:40:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Got bored of dirty times at Glen Ranncoh, so spent a couple of minutes on Fortune Island.
Run 1:14.074 in a Lotus 340R, might find a couple of tenths if I run for longer but not much more

Sorry Hanson. I think GRT is one of the best pure rally tracks but I confess I hadn’t quite recalled how many walls it’s easy to clip when trying to take an aggressive line!

I don’t know if you use your own tunes or download but, if the latter, try DOnKeY DieSeL’s tune for the 340R. That’s the quickest I’ve tried. Had to switch to manual but I’ve closed within 2 tenths of Beef with a 1.09.8.

Ang3l also has a good tune for the 1999 Elise although I don’t think it’s really designed for circuits like this one. Think I did a low 1.11 in that though so worth trying - it rockets down the straight bit.
#115 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 5:29:31 PM(UTC)
I just shared my 340r tune if anyone wants to try it (if you do try it and have feedback that’d be neat). It’s call “riv v4 2 grippy?”

I think that tune could go faster than I went with it, especially with better lines/braking in the second and third 90 degree corners. Even with a perfect lap though it’s too slow in the straight. Still tryna find a way to get more speed and still keep it grippy enough for a mortal like me to drive.
#116 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 9:51:02 AM(UTC)
I just shared my 340r tune if anyone wants to try it (if you do try it and have feedback that’d be neat). It’s call “riv v4 2 grippy?”

I think that tune could go faster than I went with it, especially with better lines/braking in the second and third 90 degree corners. Even with a perfect lap though it’s too slow in the straight. Still tryna find a way to get more speed and still keep it grippy enough for a mortal like me to drive.

Just checked out your tune. It looks to be near identical to the one I was using (from the very basic stats showing) but slightly better. Will try it out later.

#117 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 5:26:59 PM(UTC)

Just checked out your tune. It looks to be near identical to the one I was using (from the very basic stats showing) but slightly better. Will try it out later.

Just tried a few laps. It takes a bit of getting used to as it’s so grippy (and I’d been driving on dirt before). However, it’s definitely the quickest tune I’ve tried for this course. Did a 1.09.3 which was nowhere near perfect. Might be able to get it down quite a bit more and I suspect someone more used to manual gearing could get somewhere near number 1 with it. Very nice work!

On GRT, both ANG3L and I have overtaken Rayne’s leading time (helped by him being on vacation and probably only having a couple of runs before he went). ANG3L is therefore the new leader with a 2.34.1. Can’t quite express how annoyed I was that I managed to dirty what should have been a mid 2.33 time by scrapping a wall on what should have been a flat out left hander two turns from home - did a dirty 2.33.8 as a result and haven’t got near that time since!

#118 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 9:48:01 PM(UTC)

On GRT, both ANG3L and I have overtaken Rayne’s leading time…
Can’t quite express how annoyed I was that I managed to dirty what should have been a mid 2.33 time by scrapping a wall on what should have been a flat out left hander two turns from home - did a dirty 2.33.8 as a result and haven’t got near that time since!

LoL, did the same thing twice last night & had to turn it off otherwise something would’ve got broken!
Wasn’t going to be in the mid 33’s though but would’ve been closer to where you guys are... played btw 👌🏾

FH4 / FH3
#119 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 9:58:17 PM(UTC)
Huge thanks to Jezza for putting down a fast time with my tune; gave me the motivation to try a few more laps with said tune.

Managed to tie exactly with a 1:09.369 after about twenty laps, then spent 30 laps mostly staring at Jezza’s bumper and trying to copy his line through that second 90 degree turn. FINALLY put all the pieces together for a 1:09.002. Then I saw “your new rival is [CRM.] Rayne SE” and freaked out a bit because I’m actually within spitting distance of his time and there were two corner I definitely could’ve been faster in (plus I have the not-on-vacation-advantage!)

TLDR that was probs the most fun I’ve had racing in horizon, and I’m probs gonna do like 100 laps tomorrow to try to get into the 8’s
#120 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 2:10:52 AM(UTC)
I managed to do a few more laps with a fresh head this morning and narrowly edged back ahead of you with a 1.08.9. I had a slight slide out of the quick left hander three corners from the end though, which will have cost a couple of tenths at least, so there is definitely more potential there.

Edit - did a few more laps over lunch (benefits of working from home). Improved to a 1.08.602 so up to 3rd overall. I don’t think I’ll do any more laps on this one, so that’s the target for you Beefy! 0.4 seconds to find.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 4, 2019 4:16:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#121 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 4:20:06 AM(UTC)
I think Ang3l may have me beaten on GRT. He’s improved to a 2.33.7 which I think is pretty much on the limit of what I could do if I got a near perfect run.
#122 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 7:37:52 AM(UTC)
I haven't taken much time to better my time on GRT. Been too busy watching college football, which just started this past week.

Curious though, how do you guys feel about this tuning tutorial? Sorry, its 25 minutes long, but he does touch on every aspect of building & tuning...
https://youtu.be/W4s1VP1nUoM
I did a fast and dirty practice on Waterhead sprint last night using this S1-900 03 Ford GT tune, but I'd never driven this car before so my results aren't necessarily scientific. Driving this car virtually stock, AWD, was a mess though. I didn't like it.

If there is a better, definitive, tuning guide out there I'd be interested.
#123 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 12:06:54 PM(UTC)
Jezza, if you want to keep posting challenges,I'm happy to keep posting times as well as Moss' HLC

Originally Posted by: Galaxie5002012 Go to Quoted Post
If there is a better, definitive, tuning guide out there I'd be interested.

I haven't watched all the way through, but did watch TPR Zermatt on youtube and he did something similar in FM7 for various cars run in the HLC over there. Some ideas I use, some I don't. I tend to look for the lightest build and use BG55 to get a general tune and then adjust from there.

If it doesn't work then I go back to using a weight distribution model
#124 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 3:41:56 PM(UTC)
I think what I will do is leave this one running until end of the weekend. Whoever is highest placed who hasn’t already chosen an option can then pick the next choice. I’ll then leave that open for a couple of weeks at least.

Current positions:

Ang3l (Hoonigan RS200) - 2.33.787 (WR8)
Jezza (same) - 2.34.054 (WR9)
Rayne (same) 2.35.105 (WR15)
Midnyte (same) 2.35.856 (WR16)
BlevinsM (same) 2.43.130 (WR57)
Galaxie (same) 2.43.340 (WR59)
Hanson (Opel Manta) 2.48.302 (WR97)
ForbiddenBeef (Metro) 2.55.576 (WR152)

Apologies if I’ve missed anyone. Think it’s fair to say the Hoonigan RS200 is probably best in class! The only cars ahead of Ang3l and me are five Boneshakers, a Lola and a Ford Custom 32.

Highest placed who hasn’t previously picked would therefore be BlevinsM, if positions stay as they are.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 4, 2019 3:42:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#125 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:19:48 PM(UTC)
I think what I will do is leave this one running until end of the weekend. Whoever is highest placed who hasn’t already chosen an option can then pick the next choice. I’ll then leave that open for a couple of weeks at least.

Current positions:

Ang3l (Hoonigan RS200) - 2.33.787 (WR8)
Jezza (same) - 2.34.054 (WR9)
Rayne (same) 2.35.105 (WR15)
Midnyte (same) 2.35.856 (WR16)
BlevinsM (same) 2.43.130 (WR57)
Galaxie (same) 2.43.340 (WR59)
Hanson (Opel Manta) 2.48.302 (WR97)
ForbiddenBeef (Metro) 2.55.576 (WR152)

Apologies if I’ve missed anyone. Think it’s fair to say the Hoonigan RS200 is probably best in class! The only cars ahead of Ang3l and me are five Boneshakers, a Lola and a Ford Custom 32.

Highest placed who hasn’t previously picked would therefore be BlevinsM, if positions stay as they are.

So i started out this morning @ WR82 2:46:500, got it down to WR52 2:41:829. Decidied to change tune and have since got it down to WR37 2:39:660.

Will give it another shot later, i reckon i can still shave a sec or two off if i just get that bridge and just after on a clean smooth turn.
6 Pages<<3456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error