61 Pages<<5758596061PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#1451 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 11:07:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Just tried Rayne's crazy Peugeot 205 R tune after I got a notification that he'd beaten my A class Colossus time by 17 seconds... I tried it with TCS off as per the advice and it's insanely fast but too hard for me. I did go just over a second faster than my previous Roadster time with TCS on though.

edit - and another couple of seconds faster with another run.

Thanks for giving it a try. It does take a while to get used to it. Especially knowing when to step on the gas without TCS. Too early and the car goes straight into the wall. I'm having a lot of fun with it, even in Unranked.
Aside from extremely low speed tracks like Ambleside or Festival Circuit it performs really well, although it has its problems with long turns where you have to accelerate like the righthander at Bamburgh. It either understeers into oblivion or won't accelerate at all.
But I've run pretty awesome times across a great variety of tracks:

9:43 at Goliath
5:13 at Colossus
low 53s at Greendale Circuit
59s at Astmoor Circuit
3:12 at Lakehurst
high 1:07s at Holyrood Circuit

Most fun I had for a long time in this game.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 2, 2020 11:08:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1452 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 2:09:21 AM(UTC)
Had a quick run in Rayne’s Peugeot last night and it’s fair to say I spent a lot of the time in various walls 😅. I think I’ll need a lot of practice to get my acceleration out of corners right! Good fun trying though.
#1453 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 2:32:51 AM(UTC)
I tried chasing some of your S2 times Jezza, I think I got within 2 or 3 seconds of one of them, the others I need a telescope to see you crossing the line :p

I’ve been spending an hour or so on each one to gradually lower the times. It’s so easy to lose time with the traffic and all the little walls etc on the more open courses.

The one thing I’ve noticed is that there seems to be a lot less difference in tunes compared to A or S1. I’ve generally got the impression that all the top times are set in relatively similar builds and the times I can’t catch are just driving better than me. Trying to track down Jvvyyy’s F40C time at Ashbrook Apex (which probably took him no time to set) is very challenging but I can see that it’s doable in my own F40C if I was skilful enough.

#1454 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 3:10:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Just tried Rayne's crazy Peugeot 205 R tune after I got a notification that he'd beaten my A class Colossus time by 17 seconds... I tried it with TCS off as per the advice and it's insanely fast but too hard for me. I did go just over a second faster than my previous Roadster time with TCS on though.

edit - and another couple of seconds faster with another run.

Thanks for giving it a try. It does take a while to get used to it. Especially knowing when to step on the gas without TCS. Too early and the car goes straight into the wall. I'm having a lot of fun with it, even in Unranked.
Aside from extremely low speed tracks like Ambleside or Festival Circuit it performs really well, although it has its problems with long turns where you have to accelerate like the righthander at Bamburgh. It either understeers into oblivion or won't accelerate at all.
But I've run pretty awesome times across a great variety of tracks:

9:43 at Goliath
5:13 at Colossus
low 53s at Greendale Circuit
59s at Astmoor Circuit
3:12 at Lakehurst
high 1:07s at Holyrood Circuit

Most fun I had for a long time in this game.

I just tried some of those courses, I've improved on my Roadster time at Holyrood by 8 tenths, now within a second of your time. That's with TCS on and just kept in 5th all the time. I'll try the others and see if I can improve some more. Will try in unranked too, will be fun!
#1455 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 3:28:11 AM(UTC)
Keeping it in 5th is crucial for its performance, at least without TCS.
With TCS its power might get too restricted at low rpm but that's only judging by the experience I have with power RWD. Never tested it.
Thus, as long as it works and provides good times & fun, keeping 5th all the time is definitely the most comfortable way to drive it.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 3, 2020 3:29:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1456 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 6:48:09 AM(UTC)
Just did an unranked Autumn road race adventure and won it in the Peugeot.

Races:

Cotswold super sprint, started last (10th), finished 1st, 2:14.2 (I know these times aren't world beating)
Derwent Lakeside sprint, started 8th, finished 1st, 2:25.8
Broadway Village circuit, started last again, finished 3rd but with fastest lap of 50.1

Won't be competitive on all tracks but against randoms in unranked it's a lot of fun and with TCS it's very easy to drive.
 1 user liked this post.
#1457 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 9:30:58 AM(UTC)
0.8 seconds behind #1 at A800 Marathon.... so close.
 1 user liked this post.
#1458 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 11:19:47 AM(UTC)
Awesome time and so unlucky to miss 1st! I just beat my Atomic Punk time by 6.5 seconds to move from 36th to 24th... still 30 seconds behind you.

Also improved my Goliath time by 16 seconds, now 0.7s behind Jezza. edit - and 6.6s faster on the next run. Left loads of time on the table though even in spite of TCS.

Here's the Peugeot in action in unranked free-for-all at the Colossus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IreThMDQQJc

Edited by user Thursday, June 4, 2020 11:18:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1459 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 9:31:32 AM(UTC)
Has anyone tried the Pulsar at all? Seems to be a top tier B class car. Happened to spot it was top of the Cotswold Rally course so tried it there first. I managed 3rd, which means 4 of the top 5 times are now in the Pulsar.

Switched to Street and immediately beat the MX5 time I set on Mortimers Pass (which was itself a very creditable 3rd). With a bit more luck with traffic, I’ve just beaten Sway Josh’s Roadster time to go top by 4 tenths.
#1460 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 10:24:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone tried the Pulsar at all? Seems to be a top tier B class car. Happened to spot it was top of the Cotswold Rally course so tried it there first. I managed 3rd, which means 4 of the top 5 times are now in the Pulsar.

Switched to Street and immediately beat the MX5 time I set on Mortimers Pass (which was itself a very creditable 3rd). With a bit more luck with traffic, I’ve just beaten Sway Josh’s Roadster time to go top by 4 tenths.

With stock tires I assume? Only tried A800 yet and I noticed how well it handels snow with only Sports tires equipped. Doesn't lose much traction at all.
#1461 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 10:33:06 AM(UTC)
Yep stock tyres. Might try and acquire a second one for A if it’s a decent option for winter.
#1462 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 10:41:28 AM(UTC)
Can you recommend a tune for B class? I tried a couple which weren't very good (I tried it on the same street race course earlier).
#1463 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 12:34:45 PM(UTC)
I used the one by one of the top guys at Cotswold Rally - Fast something? The others didn’t have tunes shared.
#1464 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2020 1:35:10 PM(UTC)
Thanks, Fastminer07 I assume, he has 3 with much the same stats, I'll try the newest one.

Actually I tried all 3, on Cotswold rally, couldn't match my Roadster time, far from it. Car is hardly quicker but far harder to drive. Oh well was worth a try.

Edited by user Saturday, June 6, 2020 1:49:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1465 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 6:12:47 AM(UTC)
I tried Fastminer07's Pulsar tune for Cotswolds Road dirt, but like FN, I wasn't able to make it work, partly because it's MC only because the car is AWD stock. The logic still escapes me as to why a car that is AWD stock costs a huge amount of PI to upgrade the gearbox, but if it's not AWD stock, and you swap it to AWD, you get the upgrades near enough for free.

I gave the Roadster a try, and it's very easy to go fast on that course with it, I took a second off my Daytona time with a lot fewer tries than it took to set the Daytona time. I was ahead of Jezza's Pulsar ghost up to about 15 secs before the finish, but it pulls away strongly from there.
#1466 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 7:24:54 AM(UTC)
Yeah, it’s definitely MC only - sorry Bree. Hopefully it’s speed translates to an A class version which works in Manual. I’ve now set three WN1 times in B Street. At any course that isn’t too technical, it’s extremely quick. Quite similar to the 74 Civic but easier to drive.
#1467 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2020 12:11:55 AM(UTC)
I tried some old tricks to get rid of the traffic during Street Rivals and one is still working.
So, if anyone wants to have a way more comfortable take on Street tracks, send me a pm. Makes it more convenient to challenge the top times which are mostly done without traffic anyways.

Edited by user Monday, June 8, 2020 12:14:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1468 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2020 2:33:57 AM(UTC)
Awesome time and so unlucky to miss 1st! I just beat my Atomic Punk time by 6.5 seconds to move from 36th to 24th... still 30 seconds behind you.

Also improved my Goliath time by 16 seconds, now 0.7s behind Jezza. edit - and 6.6s faster on the next run. Left loads of time on the table though even in spite of TCS.

Here's the Peugeot in action in unranked free-for-all at the Colossus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IreThMDQQJc

Great driving and good to see it beat a Nova FE :D

As I assumed the TCS limits its potential quite strongly. Not so much at low speed acceleration which is comparable with throttle controlled non-TCS acceleration simply due to traction reasons. The disadvantage can be seen at higher speeds and there especially in the fast turns. Where you had to brake/lift I could power through. With the "somewhat traction loss" I encounter there without TCS the car grips better into the turn (weird to describe, even in German). The rpm increase and I can feel the front wheels losing traction but the car pulls itself even harder into the apex. Something it does not when TCS is on (I experienced this greatly with my RWD power Ferrari 166MM and judging by your video it seems identical).
 1 user liked this post.
#1469 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2020 8:41:19 AM(UTC)
I’ve also now watched FN’s Colossus race. Great driving FN - you make driving the Peugeot look a lot easier than the reality!

I’ve just had my first real attempt in it. 7.10 at the Marathon. Just fractionally quicker than my prior best in the Atomic Punk (also 7.10). A mighty 25 seconds off Rayne. Let’s see how quickly (if at all) I can close that gap...
#1470 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2020 10:47:14 AM(UTC)
Thanks, it is actually really forgiving to drive with the TCS on, even in the slightly wet conditions in the video, but like Rayne says, it leaves a lot of speed on the table. I must try again to set some faster rivals times with the training wheels off! Such as on the Colossus where I'm 11.5 seconds behind Rayne.

edit - did the Colossus with TCS off, 5:25.6, compared to 5:24.9 with it on. Hmm.

And 5:24.7 with it off, at least just to prove I can drive with it off... lol. Nearly messed up the final turn or would have been a second or so quicker. But overall, very close time to TCS on, but with dramatically more effort needed to tame the power while still being fast enough in the corners. When I was following my 'TCS on' ghost I didn't overtake it until halfway down the first long high speed section.

edit - 5:22.7 now, not too bad.

Edited by user Monday, June 8, 2020 11:48:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1471 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2020 1:00:48 PM(UTC)
I’ve gradually been improving my Marathon time off and on. Have improved to 6.52 - still 7 seconds behind Rayne but most of that was that I didn’t follow his second off course shortcut and then some comedy swerving around down the hill shortly after that (caused by inconvenient traffic).

Will have a try at Colossus now. Edit - I mess up Colossus far too much given it’s not that difficult a course. 5.15 my current best. Was about 1 second up on Rayne’s ghost after the motorway so lost about 3 seconds in the last, relatively easy, section. I think the tune is probably capable of about 5.05 to 5.07.

Edited by user Monday, June 8, 2020 3:55:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1472 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 10:18:51 AM(UTC)
Tested the Sunny at B700 and it is really strong. Went for my usual building strategy and sacrificed power for race brakes. Worked pretty well, managed to beat Jezza's times at Mortimer (Street), Glenfinnan (Street) and Cotsworld (Dirt). Sitting on 2nd at latter and with a little more mercy by Lord RNGesus 1st is definitely feasible. The gap is only 3.5 tenths.
#1473 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 10:32:13 AM(UTC)
I'm at a real loss how I can't make the Pulsar work on Glenfinnan Chase, I can do a perfectly good run and finish about a second behind my Roadster time, which isn't a car which is terribly competitive on this course judging by the leaderboard anyway. I have the top Roadster time but it's 6.1 seconds behind Rayne in 1st. The Pulsar doesn't seem very fast but it handles like the tyres are made of butter. Usually a car with bad handling is very quick to make up for it. It makes me wonder if I'm using the right tune or not.

edit - went 4 tenths quicker in the Roadster anyway. Though not enough to move up.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 9, 2020 10:57:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1474 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 12:05:07 PM(UTC)
Judging by the stats and ghosts of the top times' builds they are all running stock suspension, so there is not much to tune.
Mine:
I6 engine, race brakes, arbs, race weight reduction, stock gearbox, sports driveshaft, race cooling, 245 rear tire width, lightest rims, first upgraded front track width, widest rear track width, rear-aero.
Tire pressures: front 1st tick of 2.0, rear stock 2.1
Arbs: 1/65
Min rear aero
Brakes 65% rear, 200% pressure
Diff: 15/0, 35/17 65% rear
Without the race brakes and with heavier rims it can fit more Power. Tuning won't change.
#1475 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 12:27:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Judging by the stats and ghosts of the top times' builds they are all running stock suspension, so there is not much to tune.
Mine:
I6 engine, race brakes, arbs, race weight reduction, stock gearbox, sports driveshaft, race cooling, 245 rear tire width, lightest rims, first upgraded front track width, widest rear track width, rear-aero.
Tire pressures: front 1st tick of 2.0, rear stock 2.1
Arbs: 1/65
Min rear aero
Brakes 65% rear, 200% pressure
Diff: 15/0, 35/17 65% rear
Without the race brakes and with heavier rims it can fit more Power. Tuning won't change.

Thanks, I just made a tune like that and went a second quicker easily, and it was much easier to drive than the tunes I'd been using.

edit - and a bit quicker again. Not up to the pace of the ones above me but reasonable.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 9, 2020 12:40:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

61 Pages<<5758596061PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error