This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
58 Pages<<4445464748>>PrevNext
#1126 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 4:39:37 AM(UTC)
I've set a few times in different classes on that track if anyone fancies a challenge anyway. I'm in 3rd at A class, 10 seconds behind first, is the Abarth 131 that good?
 1 user liked this post.
#1127 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 6:28:02 AM(UTC)
I ran my spiced up Portofino and the 911 GW on my test track:
Portofino (AWD, V12 Racing, rear-aero, shortened gearbox):
5:49.010
911 GW (RWD, stock engine turbocharged, rear-aero):
5:52.740
Depending on the track the Portofino could be an option. Not Tier 1 but Tier 2 alongside the 570S, MC12, 12C, 599 GTO and so on. Just lacks the handling of the top cars.

The 911 GW isn't bad either but only usable as RWD. Given the online racing environment definitely not an option. Fun, challenging, beautiful but not quite there. Better than the Performante, Pista or LFA though.
#1128 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 8:56:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I've set a few times in different classes on that track if anyone fancies a challenge anyway. I'm in 3rd at A class, 10 seconds behind first, is the Abarth 131 that good?

Did you try racing the ghost? At 2.14 he’s at 78% and stops there. No clue if it’s a bug or an intentional cheat but either way clearly not a genuine time. You are 2nd in genuine terms currently.
#1129 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 9:05:26 AM(UTC)
Is anyone else finding that the rival select option is often failing to give you a rival, it just shows ---.

I've had it happen a couple of times recently (last couple of days), or it will pick you as the rival.
#1130 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 9:17:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post

Did you try racing the ghost? At 2.14 he’s at 78% and stops there. No clue if it’s a bug or an intentional cheat but either way clearly not a genuine time. You are 2nd in genuine terms currently.

Ah, no I didn't race the ghost, I generally only race my own, or sometimes someone else's if they are in the same car, otherwise I don't personally find it very useful.
#1131 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 9:19:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Is anyone else finding that the rival select option is often failing to give you a rival, it just shows ---.

I've had it happen a couple of times recently (last couple of days), or it will pick you as the rival.

I usually do want to pick myself, but when it behaves like this, you don't get any rival (even yourself), nor can you select any by pressing Y. It's happened occasionally in the past but lately it's becoming frequent.
 1 user liked this post.
#1132 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 1:59:06 PM(UTC)
It's done this for many people since the update that brought full open-class rivals. In fact, this happens to me now every single time, for quite a while now, too. I usually go into whatever rival event, to the car selection screen, and back right out to bring up the proper event banner with active leaderboard Y-button. It is indeed cumbersome.

Edited by user Thursday, April 9, 2020 2:06:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added link.

Every train needs a caboose, right?
 1 user liked this post.
#1133 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2020 2:32:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
It's done this for many people since the update that brought full open-class rivals. In fact, this happens to me now every single time, for quite a while now, too. I usually go into whatever rival event, to the car selection screen, and back right out to bring up the proper event banner with active leaderboard Y-button. It is indeed cumbersome.

Another rough edge to add to all the others in this game then... shame.
#1134 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 8:57:19 AM(UTC)
I tried your Portofino tune on the Needle Rayne. Think it has a slight edge on the one I was using. Could possibly just about make it into the top 10 using it, although FN’s Alfa was proving tantalisingly out of reach last night! I think it probably works better on something slightly less technical in any event.
#1135 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 12:55:19 PM(UTC)
Have you tried the Polaris for the Needle, Jezza? I was only around 4 secs off FN's Roadster, even though I felt completely unable to control it. You looked to be controlling it much better in the Trial so might be able to challenge FN's Roadster time with it.
#1136 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 1:22:31 PM(UTC)
I don’t think I could beat that with the tune I’m using - just had a quick run and was a couple of seconds off your time. Slides all over the place and is very slow to turn. Possible that with a tune that turns a bit better, given its acceleration, it could be competitive there.
#1137 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 1:27:57 PM(UTC)
I tried your Portofino tune on the Needle Rayne. Think it has a slight edge on the one I was using. Could possibly just about make it into the top 10 using it, although FN’s Alfa was proving tantalisingly out of reach last night! I think it probably works better on something slightly less technical in any event.

I've improved my Alfa time a bit now. Needless to say you would beat it easily in the same car, I think the Alfa can probably go 2 seconds faster in the right hands.

I tried a few Lotus Elise GT1 tunes, both AWD and RWD and was miles behind my Alfa ghost with all of them, but that is the car to use on this track supposedly.

Congrats on going 1st at B class by the way, I tried the same car and couldn't beat my Roadster time sadly.

Edited by user Friday, April 10, 2020 1:31:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1138 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 5:02:23 PM(UTC)
Yeah, I thought the GT1 would be good for the Kraken but couldn’t find a tune that was quick enough through this section. There obviously is one though given the number of top 10 times using it here. Best I’ve found so far is Benny1un0’s WR tune but that’s only at about 2.14 pace in my hands and I haven’t quite beaten my current best using the X-Bow GT4.
#1139 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 11:36:54 PM(UTC)
I thought they'd taken traffic out of street race rivals for a moment there... I just ran Glenfinnan Chase for the first time, no traffic whatsoever. Thought oh how wonderful, street race rivals will become a lot more interesting now. Let me just re-run it to improve my time... and the traffic is back. Oh well.

Tried it several more times and each time there's traffic in exactly the worst place, reminding me how stupid it is and how much I despise street race rivals because of it.

Back to normal rivals then... maybe the devs will wake up one day.

edit - I tried again (B class) because I knew I could go quicker in the S2000 and I just beat Jezza - with traffic. Only had to slightly slow down for one car this time.

Edited by user Saturday, April 11, 2020 12:12:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1140 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 4:57:54 AM(UTC)
The Roadster is quite good for the B class Needle then...
#1141 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 5:25:45 AM(UTC)
The Roadster is quite good for the B class Needle then...

:)

I used the tune I made for Fortune's Descent. I think it having dirt tyres is quite helpful for the climb as you can take the fastest lines without worrying too much about going off the tarmac. What tune is the Renault 5 FE you used? It's really the launch that loses it against the Roadster.
#1142 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 5:31:31 AM(UTC)
The Renault 5 FE is Rayne’s tune for the Kraken which is the WR time there. Launch not so much of an issue given the flying start each lap but I’d have thought the extra speed of the Roadster should make it quicker overall there as well.
#1143 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 4:24:47 AM(UTC)
Anything doing on the rivals front then? Any tracks left which anyone wants to conquer?
#1144 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 4:39:08 AM(UTC)
I’ve been using Derwent Reservoir Sprint to do some testing in S1. Current best time is in the Ford GT 05. Good enough for 64th presently. Have a few more cars to try (have only done one run in each so far) - and am then going to focus on seeing if I can improve to at least make the top 50.

I thought I’d also put up an event based on the new Trial tomorrow - will be dirt I think.
#1145 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 5:00:57 AM(UTC)
Nice time, I am 189th... it is a challenging course for me. Will appreciate a new event tomorrow.
#1146 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 5:06:12 AM(UTC)
Have a go at it in the 08 Viper using the tune by Kaike Sykes. I got within a tenth of my GT time (spent a little bit of time finding a good Viper tune) and it’s a lot easier to drive compared to the GT. By comparison, the Bugatti is 4 tenths off.
#1147 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 7:15:36 AM(UTC)
^ just tried that, can't get to within a second of my Huracan time with it unfortunately.

Tried again with the Huracan a few times as well and can only get within 0.3s. I remember that I did put a fair bit of effort and multiple runs into setting the time I did originally. Still only top 4%. I guess I just can't get the hang of this track very well.

edit - I improved my old time by 0.3s to go 175th.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 15, 2020 7:45:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1148 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 8:14:24 AM(UTC)
It’s a tricky course - the fast right, left, right, left after the long straight are very hard to get perfect and there are various other points it’s easy to lose quite a lot of time. A lot of the top times are also set in RWD flying machines. I’m hoping to get down into the 2.06s but can’t see I could go any quicker than that (I’m not planning on using the King Cobra or RWD 906).

Edit - managed 2.06.827 in the 92 NSX. Good enough for 36th overall (32nd ignoring the 4 obvious fake times at the top). Only 9th quickest NSX though. I think the NSX times in the low 2.06s are potentially possible with the build I’m using but those a second or so faster have much greater acceleration and I’d need a different build to possibly catch them. .

Edited by user Thursday, April 16, 2020 5:05:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1149 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 9:40:44 AM(UTC)
How do people fancy some Retro Rally B class Rivals this week? I was going to use a course from the trial but none of them really appeal. How about trying Oasis Pass Scramble in Legoland? No idea if it’s a good course but we can always change if it isn’t enjoyable.
#1150 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 10:26:59 AM(UTC)
I just gave it a go.

Just noticed my namesake in 12th!

This is quite a challenging track given the close proximity of the walls on corners and the loose surface.

edit - I took 12th off fellow Nietzsche. I think I might be using the same tune as you Jezza, it's B699 anyway.

Edited by user Thursday, April 16, 2020 11:07:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

58 Pages<<4445464748>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error