This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
58 Pages<<4243444546>>PrevNext
#1076 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 1:57:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Is it Nalak's tune of the 8C FE that everyone has used? I tried making my own build/tune, but am struggling to beat FN with it.

That is the tune I used. I see you've done it now anyway 👍

It was Nalak's tune I used to beat your time, but it wasn't much faster than my own tune overall, I think I only improved by half a second. It's a significantly different build to mine - heavier and more powerful, so I might try a different build. His tune has the back end moving around rather a lot for my liking. It makes it agile, but alternate changes of direction were causing me a problem.

Has anyone tried the BAC Mono for it? I've always struggled to make that car do what some people are able to make it do, so haven't tried it yet, but I'd have thought it should be decent for it. I'm also wondering if a rally tyre build might help with grip on the twisty hill climb, as it feels a bit dusty and less grippy than the rest of the road.

I also tried Nalak's 8C FE for the track we did recently where I set my best time with the McLaren F1, but was slower than my F1 time. It's possible it could beat it if I did a lot more runs to shave every last fraction of a second off every corner.

Edited by user Saturday, April 4, 2020 2:02:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1077 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 2:07:16 AM(UTC)
Bree - your post probably crossed with mine which has dropped to the last page, so just to confirm I’ve also been using Nalak’s tune. I’m going to try a few others tonight to see if any help close the gap to the one 3 seconds quicker than me.

I haven’t tried the BAC but great idea. I love driving that car and just hadn’t thought of it at all!
#1078 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 2:46:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Just gone top of Fortune Island Descent B class using Bree’s tune for the S2000 (2009 version). It’s great for the long sweeping corners.

Very nice, I will try it.

edit - moved up to 3rd at the first attempt, will try to improve.

Improved a bit, I was ahead of your ghost for most of the run until the final section Jezza but you're too fast after that.

Edited by user Saturday, April 4, 2020 3:17:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1079 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 4:02:15 AM(UTC)
I’m sticking to the price limit for A class for the moment, so have been using the 97 Civic. Managed 5th so far - less than a tenth behind two other Civics but the lead two would be out of reach I think.

Also gone 4th in S1 using the Alfa (didn’t think sticking to a 30,000 CR limit would work too well in S1!). Less than half a second off first, so potential to go higher if I get a perfect run.
#1080 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 5:11:16 AM(UTC)
Any recommendation for an A class Civic tune? I've moved up to 7th using a FWD one by SVR Hornet. (edit - make that 8th, courtesy of Rayne.)

Edited by user Saturday, April 4, 2020 5:12:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1081 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 5:36:15 AM(UTC)
My Civic has another one of Platinum Mod’s drag tunes on it. I don’t think it has the same edge for the Civic as for some other cars though and Rayne’s will presumably be a FWD normal build. See how you get on with it.
#1082 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 6:03:56 AM(UTC)
My Civic is indeed FWD but if Jezza manages to throw his drag build are bit better through some of the turns my FWD won't stand a chance. Those sweeping turns should cater more to FWD/RWD due to their better "handling per PI" so to speak but thanks to oversteery AWD-tuning and the forgiveness of Horizon's physics regarding AWD grip they aren't. If I step on the gas with the Civic I'll go straight into the wall.

For B700 I used an RWD S2000 and if I don't want to butcher its stability completely Jezza's S2000 can keep a higher cornering speed simply because he can stay on the power.
I think AWD will take the crown at B, A and S-class on this track.

Your 5:09.4 at the Kraken is very hard to beat Jezza, great job with the 8C FE. Sometimes I'm a small portion in front but then throw it away in one of the sweeping turns.

Edited by user Saturday, April 4, 2020 6:10:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1083 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 6:34:56 AM(UTC)
My Civic is also FWD, and it’s easier said than done throwing it into corners! I have managed to just about get ahead of your time and it can do more but it’s not at the same level as some of the other drag tunes.

Any thoughts on how someone has gone three seconds quicker in the 8C? I haven’t tried racing against it yet but I was wondering if it might be some form of RWD build?

Also, is the S2000 the only car in the game which has the same short name for two different cars? Pretty sure Rayne is using the 2003 version whereas I’m using the 2009 CR but both are simply called “Honda S2000”.

Edited by user Saturday, April 4, 2020 6:40:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1084 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 7:37:14 AM(UTC)
My Civic has another one of Platinum Mod’s drag tunes on it. I don’t think it has the same edge for the Civic as for some other cars though and Rayne’s will presumably be a FWD normal build. See how you get on with it.

I tried that tune early on, just tried it again a few times and can't get close to my existing time. Not as OP as the Roadster but harder to drive as well.

I've gone back to the Roadster and gone quicker, the 1st place time could be beaten by it as I am ahead of the 1st place ghost for a while, not that I expect to do it but it is possible.

Edited by user Saturday, April 4, 2020 8:08:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1085 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 7:39:55 AM(UTC)

Also, is the S2000 the only car in the game which has the same short name for two different cars? Pretty sure Rayne is using the 2003 version whereas I’m using the 2009 CR but both are simply called “Honda S2000”.

There are a few like that, the Porsche Cayenne and Cayman for example.
#1086 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 8:43:43 AM(UTC)
FH4 is 50% off on the Microsoft store today (£24.99).

Thanks, I've bought it now, I think that price is going to be as good as it gets in the near future.

Just gone top of Fortune Island Descent B class using Bree’s tune for the S2000 (2009 version). It’s great for the long sweeping corners.

I've just taken a fair chunk off your time with 1:47.5. It wasn't perfect but I think I'd find it pretty hard to make any further big improvements from there.
#1087 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 11:11:17 AM(UTC)
Been running a bit in D class trying to drive with manual (slowly getting used to it).
Can someone try to breakup the Peel party at the top of the board?
#1088 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 11:18:47 AM(UTC)
Very nice Bree. I’ll have a go at chasing that tomorrow but sounds hard to beat.

Been running some more S1 at Kraken. Tried the BAC and it’s quick - ran 5.13 but didn’t feel it could go much faster. Then switched to the Bugatti and went a little quicker than in the Alfa. I think 5.07 is the best I can do though.

Ran against both the top times and have my doubts about the legitimacy of both. The top one accelerates very swiftly particularly after the last corner. The other one looks more normal but is very quick for an Alfa. Both happily skip past the same checkpoint - albeit that might have been a bug since fixed I guess. Will probably have one more run at A in the Roadster but then think I’ll have done all I can on that course.
#1089 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 11:52:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Been running a bit in D class trying to drive with manual (slowly getting used to it).

May be rather hard, the Peel is very overpowered for the class. I see the top 9 are Peel and 10th is 3.1 seconds behind. I just did a run in the Ford Coupe 32 which is 6 seconds adrift.
#1090 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 11:58:58 AM(UTC)
Been running some more S1 at Kraken. Tried the BAC and it’s quick - ran 5.13 but didn’t feel it could go much faster. Then switched to the Bugatti and went a little quicker than in the Alfa. I think 5.07 is the best I can do though.

I've also just been trying the BAC Mono. Managed a PB, with 5:14.4. That was my own rally tyre tune. Rally tyres definitely have their merits for this track, as there are quite a few places where it can be beneficial to go off the road a little. I might try the '08 Viper next, as my standard S1 tune (already shared) of that has rally tyres, but I'm feeling a bit fatigued from wrestling with the wheel forces from the high downforce BAC for now.
#1091 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 12:02:02 PM(UTC)

May be rather hard, the Peel is very overpowered for the class. I see the top 9 are Peel and 10th is 3.1 seconds behind. I just did a run in the Ford Coupe 32 which is 6 seconds adrift.

Thanks for having a run FN. I know the Peel is overpowered, should have been restricted early on, too late now.
Just wondered if one of you guys chasing the top of the leaderboard could break in without using the Peel
#1092 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 12:09:33 PM(UTC)
Thanks for having a run FN. I know the Peel is overpowered, should have been restricted early on, too late now.
Just wondered if one of you guys chasing the top of the leaderboard could break in without using the Peel

It's generally not possible to beat it in D class. I remember when I set some times with it early on in the rivals feature, there was a circuit where the fastest D Peel time was faster than the fastest C time with anything other than the Peel, i.e. it was overpowered by more than 100 PI!
#1093 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 12:19:46 PM(UTC)
Yeah I see the fastest D class Peel time is 1:50 which is actually a second faster than the fastest C class time in a Peel as well. Fastest non-Peel C class is 1:56. Fastest non-Peel D class 2:06. Ouch.

I found another second in the Ford Coupe to get 11th, 2:08.4, 1.8 seconds behind 10th in a Porsche 550 and nearly 5 seconds behind the slowest Peel.

(11th in this case only being top 10% as only 109 people participated in the whole world... it's a small pond.)

Edited by user Saturday, April 4, 2020 12:31:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1094 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 12:35:02 PM(UTC)
Very nice Bree. I’ll have a go at chasing that tomorrow but sounds hard to beat.

Ran against both the top times and have my doubts about the legitimacy of both. The top one accelerates very swiftly particularly after the last corner. The other one looks more normal but is very quick for an Alfa. Both happily skip past the same checkpoint - albeit that might have been a bug since fixed I guess. Will probably have one more run at A in the Roadster but then think I’ll have done all I can on that course.

Great times in the Bugatti and Roadster Jezza. I'm disappointed I couldn't make the top 11 in S1, it's some very tough competition there for sure. (Even accounting for the erroneous 1st place time.) These longer tracks amplify any shortcomings in a driver's skills.

Edited by user Saturday, April 4, 2020 12:36:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1095 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 12:51:03 PM(UTC)
Couldn’t get past Ripples supersonic Bugatti at Kraken but have done at Fortune’s Descent - mainly as he makes an error at the end. Can’t quite catch the Porsche Cayman in the lead though - May be the first time I’ve seen that car topping a leaderboard.
#1096 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 1:52:16 PM(UTC)
I tried the #94 VW for S2 Kraken without knowing Jezza had already used that same car. After I beat someone else, it gave me Jezza as the next ghost, and there he was, in the same car! I managed to beat him, doing 4:49, but it didn't feel like the car had that much more to give. I didn't want to use the 'segg CCGT that so many people have used, so tried the Vulcan AMR Pro, remembering that it had struck me as being a less extreme version of the #94 VW. I did 4:41 with that, so have shared that tune as "S2 High Grip" if anyone else wants to try the Kraken with it. It has the merit of really being quite easy to drive, as well as pretty quick for that track, so it's not that hard to get round without making a huge mistake. I can see 2-3 secs quicker than my 4:41 being possible, but I'm not sure it can beat the CCGT, even if the #1 driver were to use it. I'm the highest placed non-CCGT driver apart from Barcode in the Vulcan FE on 4:37.
#1097 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 2:47:47 PM(UTC)
I just squeaked past Rayne on Fortune's Descent A class by less than a thousandth... we're both on 1:38.799. I can't get much more out of the Roadster here, took me about ten tries to improve by 5 hundredths.

edit - tried again today and found another few tenths by driving more aggressively through a few corners.

Edited by user Sunday, April 5, 2020 4:31:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1098 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2020 2:04:35 AM(UTC)
I went a bit quicker on Kraken S1 for 12th (really 11th). Was behind Breeminator's ghost for almost the whole run until the final few corners. Still a quite messy run and could certainly do better if I were to keep at it.
#1099 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2020 2:21:59 AM(UTC)
BTW, FN, if you look at the original Kraken rivals that was there before the full class-based rivals was added, there's an S2 event, and GD is 3rd, driving with a keyboard.
#1100 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2020 3:47:41 AM(UTC)
Took me a solid hour to beat that B class time Bree. Excellent run. There was just one corner I was eventually able to squeeze enough time out of your ghost to compensate for the fact I couldn’t match it elsewhere. I went less than a tenth faster but would really struggle to get any more out of it. Also went top of S1 using the Alfa - definitely has the edge on the Bugatti on this course.

On Kraken, think I had similar thoughts to you. I couldn’t be bothered using the CCGT so had a quick run in the #94 but immediately realised it couldn’t compete. Tried the AM FE last night and improved to 4.46. Could improve that a bit more but, with the tune I’ve got on it, couldn’t find time to match your 4.41. Might try a couple more S2 cars today and see if anything else gets close.

A random non rivals question for anyone with an interest in maths. Assuming 6v6 in a team adventure race and that selection is random, if a player wins every race with the current scoring system, is it possible to work out how much their prospects have improved from a starting point of 50-50? I’m 49-13 for this season (so basically 80%) and I’m curious how much of that is luck. I haven’t won every race by the way but it would be a high proportion!
58 Pages<<4243444546>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error