148 Pages<<143144145146147>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#3601 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2021 6:35:33 AM(UTC)
Great job FN, will hopefully get more of a go later. I thought you’d get ahead but not as quickly as that!
Alfa Romeo - "Making drivers into mechanics since 1910"
 3 users liked this post.
#3602 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2021 8:49:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Congrats, I tried again yesterday and couldn't match my own time and didn't see how I could beat it, so there's no way I'm finding another half a second!

You should have known FN was going to pass you Smoke as soon as you saw this post 😂.

#3603 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 12:04:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Congrats, I tried again yesterday and couldn't match my own time and didn't see how I could beat it, so there's no way I'm finding another half a second!

You should have known FN was going to pass you Smoke as soon as you saw this post 😂.

Oh absolutely lol! I tried to improve a bit last night but was falling short on my first half a dozen restarts... I was then ahead for the fist time after the downhill left-hander and on the apex of one of the fast corners everything froze with a message saying I'd lost contact with the rivals servers. Of course as soon as it came back to life I went through the wall, at which point I switched off for the evening out of frustration. Probably my internet being flaky but it sure picks its moments.
#3604 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 7:09:29 AM(UTC)
prosim pridajte do forza horizon 4 nastavenie volantu pre Thrustmaster Ferrari Red Legend Edition
#3605 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 7:24:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DJwayfort6385 Go to Quoted Post
prosim pridajte do forza horizon 4 nastavenie volantu pre Thrustmaster Ferrari Red Legend Edition

Wrong thread for any requests, plus forum rules require all posts to be in English.
 2 users liked this post.
#3606 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 2:42:36 PM(UTC)
Hmm, I see Pink Acid Boots On has stopped messing around and done a 1.27.2 in the Monaco. Impossible to beat that AWD and only a very limited number of drivers have gone quicker in other cars. Great time 👍.
 2 users liked this post.
#3607 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2021 8:47:45 AM(UTC)
I've been running some laps on various dirt courses lately. I wonder if FH5 fixes the bug whereby you can sometimes get a dirty lap marker for landing the 'wrong' way, even though you haven't hit anything. Particularly noticeable on Mudkickers but also Tarn Hows Scramble if you take a certain corner one way it happens regularly. (Other times as we've probably all noticed, you can whack a wall hard and you don't get any marker.)

Would be nice to see some proper questions asked from proper games journalists... yes I know, I am dreaming.

I did the Gauntlet the other day at A class in a Roadster. I had to deliberately drive slowly and tiptoe through the Mudkickers section because otherwise the car lands badly every time and dirties the run.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 22, 2021 8:48:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#3608 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2021 2:08:08 PM(UTC)
Gave Ambleside some runs, I definitely think high speed courses with long, sweeping turns are a weakness for me relative to other tracks. I just barely snuck ahead of FN using the Alfa 155. Basically waiting for FH5 at this point, no interest in grinding FFA adventure any more and ranked team adventure is busted.

I hope rivals in FH5 features time splits vs the ghost from checkpoint to checkpoint. I usually find myself measuring where I need to be based on the mini map once I'm against the same ghost for a while and have fully learned the track.
 1 user liked this post.
#3609 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2021 2:04:01 AM(UTC)
Yes, that would definitely help Aleriooon. At this point, I’m firstly just hoping that class based rivals is in the game. Hopefully, it will be after they had to add it last time. Any actual improvements would be even better!
#3610 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 12:59:12 AM(UTC)
I've been running some laps on various dirt courses lately. I wonder if FH5 fixes the bug whereby you can sometimes get a dirty lap marker for landing the 'wrong' way, even though you haven't hit anything. Particularly noticeable on Mudkickers but also Tarn Hows Scramble if you take a certain corner one way it happens regularly. (Other times as we've probably all noticed, you can whack a wall hard and you don't get any marker.)

Would be nice to see some proper questions asked from proper games journalists... yes I know, I am dreaming.

I did the Gauntlet the other day at A class in a Roadster. I had to deliberately drive slowly and tiptoe through the Mudkickers section because otherwise the car lands badly every time and dirties the run.

I thought Tarn Hows was the worst for that until the other day...tried doing the Castle Cross Country Circuit with the Manx in, I think, D Class.....did 10 laps and 9 of them were flagged due to the landing off the jump. The Manx just didn't have enough speed and bounced on landing and flagged it!
 1 user liked this post.
#3611 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2021 9:32:06 AM(UTC)
Any interest in another (maybe final) 'official' rivals challenge before FH5 comes out next month? Can we milk another one out of the game at this point?!
#3612 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2021 2:32:00 PM(UTC)
Any interest in another (maybe final) 'official' rivals challenge before FH5 comes out next month? Can we milk another one out of the game at this point?!

Count me in....there's only so many D Class Rivals I can do...and I've done most of them lol
#3613 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2021 2:45:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post

Count me in....there's only so many D Class Rivals I can do...and I've done most of them lol

Yes I've also been revisiting some of my older times, armed with the better Manx tune than I used previously!
 1 user liked this post.
#3614 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2021 3:33:28 PM(UTC)
Yes I've also been revisiting some of my older times, armed with the better Manx tune than I used previously!

Yeah, I noticed that today when I got 9!! notifications of you beating my times. Grrr!! To be honest, I was expecting that as your times hadn't been competitive, at least when compared to mine
#3615 Posted : Saturday, October 2, 2021 12:53:25 AM(UTC)

+1
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
 3 users liked this post.
#3616 Posted : Saturday, October 2, 2021 1:54:36 AM(UTC)
Ok, let’s have the following events through to end October:

2-10 October - S2 Hypercars Derwent Lakeside Rivals Challenge

11-20 October - C Classic Sports Derwent Reservoir Rivals Challenge

20-31 October - A class Bamburgh trail (any car)

Dates are guidance only so obviously set times on any of them at any time, or ignore ones you have less interest in.
 2 users liked this post.
#3617 Posted : Saturday, October 2, 2021 2:48:24 AM(UTC)
And results for Waterhead S1. PABO picking up a first win I believe:

1. PinkAcidBootsOn - 1.27.287 (Monaco KC - 46th overall)
2. Jezza - 1.28.906 (Zonda C - 120th)
3. Aleriooon - 1.29.389 (Alfa 155 - 155th)
4. FullNietzsche- 1.29.481 (Alfa 155 - 163rd)
5. Smoke - 1.29.590 (Alfa 155 - 175th)
6. Odessa - 1.31.558 (Zonda C - 438th)
7. Nursemorph - 1.31.592 (Zonda C - 445th)

If anyone else set a time, let me know and I’ll add.
#3618 Posted : Saturday, October 2, 2021 3:49:11 AM(UTC)
nvm

Edited by user Sunday, October 3, 2021 12:18:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3619 Posted : Saturday, October 2, 2021 3:06:58 PM(UTC)
This rivals challenge gave me fits about 18 months ago when I last attempted it. Such a good track, but so hard to put down the right run. The corner exit onto the final "straight" is where so many runs go to die, and doing it in the wet at S2 speed is real tough to clip the apex so the dirt sends you around the corner. It's like 0.5 seconds in the difference.

I've cut a little over a second off my old time and snuck inside the top 100. Chickened out a little bit on the right hander to the straight and lost my edge on Rocklxd's ghost in order to keep the run clean. I think just under 1:51 is my ceiling here, maybe another 0.5 seconds at most.

Jezza, what tune are you using on the Huayra? I use Nalak's tune but yours has a substantially better start off the line.

Edited by user Saturday, October 2, 2021 3:52:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3620 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2021 12:57:45 AM(UTC)
Grandma Driving tune for the Huayra BC. Ran a 1.50.9 which is probably just about as quick as I can go in that car. Have to make sure you keep it on the tarmac throughout as the wet grass is pretty much the end of any run.

Just a reminder it is the Rivals Challenge event at Derwent Lakeside, not the standard S2 event.
#3621 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2021 1:50:51 AM(UTC)
I'd already set a time on the S2 event and I don't see me beating that. The other 2 I gave it a go but am at least a couple seconds (and more) behind FN on all of them (don't think my TV is to blame this time lol)..no clue if I can improve my times, will give it a go but I am generally much slower on tarmac so not surprising. Most likely to improve will be the dirt one
#3622 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2021 3:18:58 AM(UTC)
Tried the Huayra BC but was slower, it is a little quicker but turns a lot more sluggishly than the Zonda C. Very tricky course in the wet, I've improved quite a lot over my old time anyway which I'm quite happy with.

I had one run on the Derwent Reservoir challenge and beat my old time, I'll have a proper go at it after the 11th.

A class Bamburgh trail I haven't tried again yet, but I can see I already put a decent time in, in a top car, which will be tough to beat but I should be able to do it, probably! (I can usually improve over my old times but not always.)
 1 user liked this post.
#3623 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2021 6:04:37 AM(UTC)
I use Scaans tune for the Centenario by the way if anyone wants to try that car. Should be strong although the leaderboard suggests the Zonda is better.

Edit - Breeminator’s tune is quicker here. I did 1.52.0 with Scaans tune and then swapped to Bree’s tune and ran 1.50.4 dirty. I think 49s is doable.

Edited by user Sunday, October 3, 2021 2:40:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3624 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 6:46:41 AM(UTC)
Breeminator's tune is indeed a lot better than Scaans' here which I tried previously, just went faster with it easily. I took the final right turn circumspectly, if I took it optimally I could go a second or more faster but it's a bit of a lottery (for me).

Edited by user Monday, October 4, 2021 6:47:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3625 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2021 1:53:08 PM(UTC)
Well the Centenario is definitely working for people! Latest leaderboard:

Jezza - 1.50.961 (Huayra BC)
Aleriooon - 1.51.311 (Zonda)
PABO - 1.51.578 (Centenario)
Odessa - 1.53.363 (Centenario)
FullNietzsche - 1.53.699 (Centenario)
Nursemorph - 1.54.548 (Centenario)

I really need to start noting down who already has a time recorded when I set up the event as there are a lot of other times I could add but I think they are all old! Anyone I’m
missing let me know.

All those times are top 1% by the way.
148 Pages<<143144145146147>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error