145 Pages<<133134135136137>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#3351 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2021 12:26:39 PM(UTC)
Congrats to you, very nice time 😎 I never take the last corner flat out, i always left the throttle a little bit when a enter the turn. I never had the feeling its possible to take it flat out without loosing speed, with lefting the throttle a little the tyres dont sqeeuse and i keep maximum grip. In my best lap i took the last corner not so good like usual because the nerves 😉
#3352 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2021 12:36:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OdEssA VL Go to Quoted Post
Congrats to you, very nice time 😎 I never take the last corner flat out, i always left the throttle a little bit when a enter the turn. I never had the feeling its possible to take it flat out without loosing speed, with lefting the throttle a little the tyres dont sqeeuse and i keep maximum grip. In my best lap i took the last corner not so good like usual because the nerves 😉

Cheers, I just watched a video of my runs (took me 16 laps), I get up to 133mph before the final turn, scrub a little speed off and cross the finish line at 127, speed never going below 121 or 122, if I get it right. It is possible it can be done better than this even and maybe scrub no speed off at all, I don't know.

For my fastest lap, I crossed the start line at 124 and finished the lap at 125, having run wide to the right and slowed down to 118. So if I'd been doing 127 both times, there would be another tiny bit of time.

Edited by user Sunday, August 1, 2021 12:39:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#3353 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2021 1:41:12 PM(UTC)
Ran a bit quicker. I think a .3 or .2 is possible. Don’t think the top time is possible but the Pulsar takes some odd lines without getting slowed down so there’s probably some trick to destroying debris.

Ok, top time is possible as I got within 0.03. First and second last corners are the places it’s possible to gain more time but feels will need to be flawless to edge past him. Will have a go tomorrow when I’m less tired.

Edited by user Sunday, August 1, 2021 2:35:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3354 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2021 9:39:59 PM(UTC)
Well, I'm going to need another blue moon
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
 1 user liked this post.
#3355 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2021 11:38:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Well, I'm going to need another blue moon

Did you already tried the Mini with ziperr´s tune. Its faster then the Roadster.
#3356 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2021 11:47:23 PM(UTC)
Yep, I did, and was unable to match my Roadster time with it, let alone your ghost (the speed of which it has entering the lap I couldn't come close to matching, either).

The Mini is one of the vehicles I tend to avoid (too good, fun-spoiler 😜), so I'm less familiar with it. That, and I'm still getting used to shifting; more comfortable, yes, but I still lack the experience and finesse I'm sure you have along with the others. I probably didn't give it a fair, long enough shake, so I will revisit.

Edited by user Monday, August 2, 2021 12:00:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3357 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 1:25:04 AM(UTC)
You only really need to change gear twice in the mini - 4th to 3rd and then back up again at the left hander at the top of the hill and 4th to 3rd and back at the sharp left hander near the end.
#3358 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 4:10:04 AM(UTC)
Nice time Jezza. I improved by 5 hundredths today despite not doing the 2nd last corner very well and being overtaken by my ghost, which I then overtook on the final corner because I hadn't done that one optimally previously. I could find another tenth maybe. I probably won't try much though unless Odessa or someone else overtakes me first 😊

Edited by user Monday, August 2, 2021 4:25:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3359 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 6:04:36 AM(UTC)
30 more laps for .200 🥴
 1 user liked this post.
#3360 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 6:19:42 AM(UTC)
^ I thought you meant 1:10.2 in the Mini, you made me look though 😂
 3 users liked this post.
#3361 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 9:12:27 AM(UTC)
Took about 15 laps but i found an extra tenth. I was a little cautious on the last corner, so it’s possible to go a bit quicker.
 1 user liked this post.
#3362 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 9:40:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I probably won't try much though unless Odessa or someone else overtakes me first 😊

I did 40 laps today and my best lap was .805 😕 i used Jezza´s ghost and i´m slightly in front till the uphill section, but he´s alot quicker on the last 90° left turn and because the good exit he has much more speed on the straight to the last corner. The only positive thing is that i have constancy, i do alot .800 - .900 laps 🙃
#3363 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 9:48:53 AM(UTC)
Congrats on the WR, Jezza. I just improved a bit more as well, by 0.133s to 1:10.416. I can't see a way to find another three tenths to take 2nd though I don't think.
 3 users liked this post.
#3364 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 2:36:02 PM(UTC)
I’ll put results up end of tomorrow, so one more day for anyone looking to improve.

For the following week, let’s try Edinburgh Stockbridge. Two events again:

S1 - banned cars NSX92, EB110, Alfa 155, Shelby Monaco and Viper 08. I’ve set a time in 12th out of 32,000 in the TVR Griffith so there must be something else non-meta that can break the top 10. In fact, 5th to 8th are in non-banned cars so worth a try.

B Class Rivals Challenge - Retro Hot Hatch - probably the 74 Civic again as the best option but looks like there are some other less commonly used options that might also work.
 1 user liked this post.
#3365 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 3:17:53 PM(UTC)
Oh my god.... Oh, my god. 🤦🏻‍♂️

This whole time, ...all those laps... and I was using the wrong Ziper. 😣

Now everyone's comments make much more sense.

Edited by user Monday, August 2, 2021 3:51:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3366 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 12:20:48 AM(UTC)

Did you not follow one of our Mini ghosts and notice you were presumably unable to match the car performance? Oh well, I hope you can put in a good time, the tune is pretty friendly to drive.

btw I just spent some time beating you at C class again, only just. I am way ahead of you most of the lap until the 2nd last corner when you take a very fast line and just power past me. I eventually got far enough ahead that even taking the corner badly I still just finished ahead. But if you can improve the earlier corners you will easily retake it. I can't figure that 2nd last corner out with your wide line on the grass like that. Even using rewind I can't really figure it out. Potentially the car can do 4th by the looks of it.

edit - I improved to 5th at C class and displaced another couple of Peel Tridents. 4th is another 0.250s which could be asking a lot. But the car can do it I think.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 3, 2021 8:46:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3367 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 5:33:19 AM(UTC)
I've put some times in at Edinburgh Stockbridge and then realised I should learn to read because I used the NSX at S1... duh.

Tried the TVR Griffith with Hoosier Dallas's road/street tune, I am well off the pace with that. I'll try some others. edit - did a time in the Ford GT.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 3, 2021 7:07:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3368 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 8:40:22 AM(UTC)
I´m on holiday till sunday, so no improvements for me anymore 🙃 Congrats on your WR Jezza 👍
#3369 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 9:37:02 AM(UTC)
Lol i forgot about the GT as I never use it, otherwise I’d have banned that. I’d better leave it in now - it’s not the best course for it I don’t think.
#3370 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 10:04:16 AM(UTC)

Did you not follow one of our Mini ghosts and notice you were presumably unable to match the car performance? Oh well, I hope you can put in a good time, the tune is pretty friendly to drive.

btw I just spent some time beating you at C class again, only just. I am way ahead of you most of the lap until the 2nd last corner when you take a very fast line and just power past me. I eventually got far enough ahead that even taking the corner badly I still just finished ahead. But if you can improve the earlier corners you will easily retake it. I can't figure that 2nd last corner out with your wide line on the grass like that. Even using rewind I can't really figure it out. Potentially the car can do 4th by the looks of it.

edit - I improved to 5th at C class and displaced another couple of Peel Tridents. 4th is another 0.250s which could be asking a lot. But the car can do it I think.

Why yes, of course...but not being able to match everyone else's performance isn't all that unusual 😄. I'm not really upset about it, I'd have still grinded all the same, just on some other tune. I just assumed the most recent one was the tune being referred to (which is also a good tune). I did put in about 20 laps on the right one right away, and it is easy to use, but the best I've done is only to match my roadster time (exactly), so still .500-ish behind Odessa. Right away it really 'felt' powerful, and gaining like gangbusters, was sure I was going to catch him, but always just out of reach. I'm sure it's all in that opening turn; I take it a different way each time and it's never right.

I cant place where you mean in the C, i'll have to look. If I did something good or right, it was completely by accident I assure you.
#3371 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 10:45:49 AM(UTC)
If you aren't already, I suggest using rewind for the start line and if you don't get it right, rewind and try again.

This is the corner I mean at C class. I don't know how I did it compared to you on my fastest run because I was chasing my own ghost on that occasion. Even then and though I beat myself, I still didn't do that corner terribly well. You flew round there.

#3372 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 11:22:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
I’ll put results up end of tomorrow, so one more day for anyone looking to improve.

Would you mind postponing until the morning?
#3373 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 11:34:06 AM(UTC)
If you aren't already, I suggest using rewind for the start line and if you don't get it right, rewind and try again.

This is the corner I mean at C class. I don't know how I did it compared to you on my fastest run because I was chasing my own ghost on that occasion. Even then and though I beat myself, I still didn't do that corner terribly well. You flew round there.

Those two trees at your 1 o'clock are destructible and won't respawn on successive laps..
#3374 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 11:46:40 AM(UTC)

Those two trees at your 1 o'clock are destructible and won't respawn on successive laps..

I noticed that today actually. I figured that was the place you seemed to be aiming for, maybe they would slow you down a bit quicker, but the fact they don't respawn is inconvenient (or is it beneficial actually? I don't know how you did it).

This is my B class run if it is of interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ub_c3qvRFI

Edited by user Tuesday, August 3, 2021 11:53:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3375 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 12:20:19 PM(UTC)
I’ll leave open until tomorrow night Squryl.

Meanwhile, over in Street scene, the MC12 seems to be pretty awesome at Stockbridge. I’ve gone half a second faster than my Griffith time and into the top 10 with a 43.8. I’ve done 43.3 rewinding the last corner so it can potentially get up to 5th and fastest non NSX/Monaco.
145 Pages<<133134135136137>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error