144 Pages<<132133134135136>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#3326 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 2:41:39 AM(UTC)
Looking at Bedlam's previous suggestions, maybe the Plastic Flowers circuit? It looks like few of us have set times there at various classes.

Originally Posted by: BedlamBorealis Go to Quoted Post
I tried looking through the leaderboards, and now I understand why picking an event is tricky -- it seems like FN already has a time everywhere! Anyway, here are some possible choices where we don't have many times, or I thought maybe the times we have could be improved (apologies if I missed anyone here):

Broadway Village (S2, Road)
The Meadows Sprint (rivals challenge, Road)
Greendale Super Sprint (S1/S2, Road, no Monaco KC)
Ambleside Sprint (S1, Road, no Hot Wheels?)
Waterhead Sprint (A, Road)
Astmoor Heritage (S2, Road, no Monaco KC)
Cotswold Super Sprint (S1, Road, no Monaco KC)
Horizon Festival Circuit (A/C, Road)
Ambleside Village Circuit (C, Road)
Ashbrook Loop Scramble (S1, Dirt)
Mortimer Gardens Scramble (S1, Dirt)
Tarn Hows Scramble (first rivals challenge, Dirt)
Lakehurst Forest (A/B, Dirt)
Edinburgh Stockbridge (rivals challenge or A, Street)
The Monument Wynds (S2, Street)
Wind Farm Rush (S2/A, Street)
Batham Gate (S2, Street)
Ashbrook Apex (A, Street)
Westwick Castle Scramble (Fortune Island, Dirt)
Cliffside Scramble (S1, Fortune Island, Dirt)
Plastic Flowers Circuit (Legoland, Road)
Brick Tree Sprint (A, Legoland, Road)
Lego McLaren Senna Speed Champions Race (S1, Legoland, Road)
Legoland Goliath (S2, Legoland, Road, not as long as you might think but still kinda long)

1 user liked this post.
#3327 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 4:04:58 AM(UTC)
Sounds good. I have no idea what that circuit looks like but let’s say B and A class as a starting point?
 1 user liked this post.
#3328 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 4:35:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Sounds good. I have no idea what that circuit looks like but let’s say B and A class as a starting point?

Nor me, I'm just having a look now. Looks like A is dominated by the Civic 74. S1 and B are a bit more open. Maybe one of us can spoil the Civic party in the top 11 on A class.
#3329 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 4:59:18 AM(UTC)
Civic 74 is an odd car to be dominating in A - I’ll have a look later!
#3330 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 5:27:07 AM(UTC)
Jurassic Graveyard Trail (S1/Dirt)? whoops, nevermind

Edited by user Monday, July 26, 2021 5:28:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
 2 users liked this post.
#3331 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 11:12:52 AM(UTC)
This is an interesting course, I'm struggling with the last two corners mostly at the moment.

I don't think I'll be troubling the top 11 in the Roadster at A class, that's for sure.

Also racing Squryl at C class, just took me nearly 20 laps to beat his ghost and I still got the 2nd last corner slightly wrong as I do on almost every lap, that's the hardest one. I missed out on 7th place by 7 thousandths.

Edited by user Monday, July 26, 2021 11:26:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3332 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 12:24:07 PM(UTC)
Have managed to get up to 13th in A with the 84 Civic (and just under 1.04). I’ve done a dirty 1.03.7 with that so it can go a bit quicker but feels like the best I could do is get one of the 12 74s above me.
#3333 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 10:01:33 PM(UTC)
Any clue as to what's up w the '74 Civic?
#3334 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 12:19:17 AM(UTC)
I had a quick try of the Civic 74 at A class last night (Rocklxd rivals 1.0 tune) and was slower than my Roadster time and also it wasn't apparent to me how I'd be able to beat it either. Maybe there's a better tune or I need to try harder.

It would have been nice to shove one of them off the leaderboard front page in something else though. I could go another tenth or so quicker in the Roadster with enough time and patience but it's a long way from the top 11.
#3335 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 6:55:39 AM(UTC)
The guy above me on the leaderboard is using Rock’s tune - or something very similar. I did a fairly flawed 1.03.5 in one lap but didn’t bother saving it as Id prefer to find something else that might compete. Will be tough though I suspect.
 1 user liked this post.
#3336 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 9:05:51 AM(UTC)
I've done a time in the Civic now, same tune. 1:04.250, 2 thousandths behind Odessa. The Civic is really rough to drive... hard to be consistent. I don't think I can go much quicker than this but can probably improve a little. edit - 1:03.999 on next run.

Edited by user Thursday, July 29, 2021 9:11:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#3337 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 10:46:03 AM(UTC)
I did a dirty 1:03.997 with the Roadster, i think that .900 will be my limit. Top 11 will not be for me, i think that only Jezza is capable to ´spoil the civic party´ 🙂
In B class i have trouble to beat Squryl his time, he is really fast 😮
 2 users liked this post.
#3338 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 11:11:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OdEssA VL Go to Quoted Post
I did a dirty 1:03.997 with the Roadster, i think that .900 will be my limit. Top 11 will not be for me, i think that only Jezza is capable to ´spoil the civic party´ 🙂
In B class i have trouble to beat Squryl his time, he is really fast 😮

Are you using Breeminator's tune for the B class Roadster, that's the best one I found anyway (I mean I usually use his first, but this time I tried some others and found them slower). Yes Squryl has been tough to beat here, I've spent many laps chasing him and we've exchanged places a few times - has been fun 👍 That's what I like best about doing this.
 2 users liked this post.
#3339 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 10:02:12 PM(UTC)
I used Bree´s tune but i could not beat Squryl with it, so i tried alot if other tunes. For the moment i´m using DaddyBee42 ´´OP B V2´´ tune, and its quit good for me.
There are places that i´m been in front, but some corners Squryl is really fast ! This is also the fun part for me 👍
 1 user liked this post.
#3340 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 12:55:41 AM(UTC)
Moved the Roadster up to 9th in A I think with scope to maybe go a little quicker. Could maybe catch one more Civic.

Up to 2nd in B with Ziperr’s drag tyres mini. I did a dirty .4 when I had to rewind the last corner, so can close the gap to first but I don’t think I can quite catch him.
#3341 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 3:46:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Moved the Roadster up to 9th in A I think with scope to maybe go a little quicker. Could maybe catch one more Civic.

Up to 2nd in B with Ziperr’s drag tyres mini. I did a dirty .4 when I had to rewind the last corner, so can close the gap to first but I don’t think I can quite catch him.

Nice job with the Roadster. I just improved with the Mini at B, it's very easy to drive compared to the Pulsar I tried previously on here.

I can go a few tenths quicker in the Mini, I've nearly matched your time dirty. I just struggle with that 2nd last corner. edit - improved to 1:10.8 for 4th. Not bad, I'll leave it there.

Edited by user Friday, July 30, 2021 5:19:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#3342 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 7:09:17 AM(UTC)
I have trouble to beat Squryl his time, he is really fast 😮

Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Yes Squryl has been tough to beat here, I've spent many laps chasing him...

I used Bree´s tune but i could not beat Squryl with it...There are places that i´m been in front, but some corners Squryl is really fast !

😳 Eh?? Fast? Who, me?! 😊😍 I think I’ve found my two new favorite people! 🥰

Very kind words, much appreciated. Every once in a blue moon, I’ll actually show up for these things and have a decent week....but the carriage always turn back into a pumpkin for another four or five months until the next blue moon.

But yes, I’ve enjoyed the back and forth; usually if I catch FN at all, it’s a one-time thing in one class. Usually I like to run personal favorites, unsung heroes, and whatever I’ve had cooking on the back burner that I’ve saved to try out before trotting out any metamobiles, and by that time the FN-tier has already grinded their way on up out of reach and I’m playing catch and up sweating bullets before Jezza calls time.

This time though, I went with some metamobiles first to get some footing early on and now running all my hail mary cars intermittently with trying to nickel and dime all my slivers of FN deficits. I think I’ve still got some gas left in B, both with meta and another new round of throw-everything-and-the-kitchen sink’s, maybe in C, too. A800, though, I dunno. Those scaans Roadsters frighten the hell out of me! I’ve hardly used Hula Girl (or AP for that matter) at all, on purpose, and hadn’t used those scans tunes before that last LEGO run...and oh.my.god I had NO idea they were THAT fast! Ridiculous! And then the A800 runs here the whole time I’m half-screaming out loud the whole way each and every lap; I’m a wee bit nervous about the next attempt. It’s like starting standing in place and going 0-120 mph stepping onto I-95 to physically race against the traffic IN the traffic. Yikes.

And I am now always eyeballing Odessa board time behind me, first 5 sec behind... then 2 sec behind... 1 sec behind... .500 behind.... .065 sec behind.... then 💥 Odessa 12.5 sec ahead! That’s how it happens, every single time. 👍🏼

The Jezza notifications I get are very different from the rest, always just the one, and always +time zone ahead. 🚀

Edited by user Monday, August 2, 2021 12:33:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: etc

2 users liked this post.
#3343 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 12:31:36 AM(UTC)
I´m now in front off you in B class but with the Mini, with the Roadster you´re still .300s faster then me. I switched to the Mini because after more then 100 laps (in 5days) i´m sure i could not beat you with the Roadster, congrats Squryl !!
Now trying to beat FN in the Mini 😁
#3344 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 3:04:57 AM(UTC)
Haven't put in much time this week either as I am way off the pace again...managed to improve by a couple of tenths in both classes to leave me....absolutely nowhere. Even if I switched to manual, I wouldn't be making up 4 second+ deficits
#3345 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 3:53:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post
Haven't put in much time this week either as I am way off the pace again...managed to improve by a couple of tenths in both classes to leave me....absolutely nowhere. Even if I switched to manual, I wouldn't be making up 4 second+ deficits

You might. I just tried against your ghost with the Mini using auto and did 14.1, 1.2s faster. The rest of the deficit vs M+C is due to the auto box changing gear slowly and too early which really blunts the acceleration especially in the later uphill section.
#3346 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2021 8:44:12 AM(UTC)
Nice battle in B class with Odessa, I just retook 4th after 12 laps.

Interesting following his M ghost, the acceleration is neeearly as good as MC but the latter has a tiny edge on the couple of occasions you change from 3rd to 4th, like on the final stretch to the last corner.

Edited by user Sunday, August 1, 2021 8:46:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3347 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2021 11:19:01 AM(UTC)
The uphill section after the 90° left turn is also a advantage for MC.
Changing from 3th to 4th is indeed the crucial part for me, if i loose a little bit speed in the corner before the gear change i have no time to recover.
I needed 34 laps to beat you, and did 2 times a dirty .6xx in these 34 laps 😎 So battle is not over yet 😉😁
#3348 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2021 11:45:00 AM(UTC)
I am trying again to see if I can beat my ghost. 10.733 is the closest I've come so far. I can get ahead briefly at one point so it is possible but at the moment I wouldn't bet on it.

edit - did a .598 for 2nd.

Edited by user Sunday, August 1, 2021 11:55:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3349 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2021 11:53:29 AM(UTC)
6 laps and i´m at .671s. good for second place now. I was in front of you for the entire lap. The last corner i was so nervous 🥵
#3350 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2021 11:56:12 AM(UTC)
Congrats but it was short lived :p Sorry 😔

It can be beaten. The right hander 3rd last corner I didn't take optimally, time can be gained there if you take it flat out and turn in at the precise moment without lifting at any time. Last corner also, I turned in fractionally late, went through the flowers, scrubbed off a bit of speed - doing it optimally you can stay flat out and lose no speed.

Edited by user Sunday, August 1, 2021 12:06:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

144 Pages<<132133134135136>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error