145 Pages<<130131132133134>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#3276 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2021 4:12:54 AM(UTC)
Just tried it for a few laps, doesn't seem quite fast enough to be competitive, which is how DJS tunes typically are in my experience (ease of handling favoured over performance). I could be wrong but I expect the top time was done with a harder to drive but more powerful tune.

For the ZR2 I used RocknRolla608's Better Setup tune. That's the only one I've tried, I don't know if there's a better one for this course.

edit - went a bit quicker with GreetedDust's similar tune - Coolorado (Dirt).

The ZR2 could probably get into the 51s with a perfect run. (52.8 is probably the best I can do though. edit - 52.665 now.)

Edited by user Thursday, July 8, 2021 4:43:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3277 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2021 4:44:33 AM(UTC)
I just did a couple of laps in the Scout using Tdu1platinummod’s tune. It’s clearly got a lot more power than DJS’ one. Fairly sure I could do low 52s in that with a bit of practice.
 6 users liked this post.
#3278 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2021 4:44:53 AM(UTC)
Imho DJS-tunes are good for a convenient driving experience and surely fast enough against the AI. But they are not min-maxed for absolute performance.
 1 user liked this post.
#3279 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2021 5:35:11 AM(UTC)
Did few laps with Scout with different tunes. At this moment my time is set with Hlundh's tune. Ghostman2117 is good too.
I should do under 52 without a problem, but IMO for that 1st place I will need some luck, cause I think he is using fence to slow him down on that first braking zone. Well, I'm using the fence too, but what I mean is that if you go deep enough into the grass there is one metal gate that reduce your speed massively.
#3280 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2021 8:05:25 AM(UTC)
Yeah, that first braking zone is definitely where most time can be gained. It’s quite tricky to work out the ideal line through the trees/fence/gate.
#3281 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2021 8:06:32 AM(UTC)
The Raptor 17 is usually quicker than the ZR2 in my experience. Anyone tried that?
#3282 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2021 8:58:59 AM(UTC)
Aleriooon has set a time with that of 53.520 currently.
 1 user liked this post.
#3283 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2021 12:00:00 PM(UTC)
I gave the Raptor 10 laps or so, I lost a ton of time vs FN's ghost on the final section out of the chicane each lap. Not sure how much potential it has here but it will do 52s for sure.
#3284 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2021 12:27:14 PM(UTC)
52s???? Excuse me while I have fits of hysterical laughter at the thought of how far behind I am!!!! I did, however, manage to improve my time by 0.5 seconds to *cough* Yeah, too embarrassed to even type it lol

So, onto the Leviathan.....oh dear, just spent 2 hours running it and managed a sum total of ZERO clean laps!!! My fastest lap was 99.999% clean....unfortunately I hit the wall exiting the final corner about 10m before the finish line!! What was even worse is that my time on that lap was a 7:22.5. Was not expecting much improvement beyond a 30, certainly not expecting that time to be doable...given how much of the lap was pretty scruffy, if I can ever put together another clean lap (a big IF!) and tidy things up, then I think a sub-20 is achievable.

@Odessa: So, I was against your ghost for that entire 2 hours and, every time I restarted (which was often), coming up to the fast right-hander exiting the village at the start, I would think "Please let me see the ghost go faster"...and of course it didn't!!. You can carry much more speed through there...all it needs is to be wide left, then literally just tap the brakes before going back full throttle.....it's difficult to judge but I reckon I was gaining maybe 1/2 second or more through that one corner which then carries all the way till the next braking zone...probably gaining a second overall. Watching your ghost through the entire lap and I don't see why you can't be around the 7:20 mark....this is one track/car combination where you can be very aggressive in a lot of corners where you wouldn't normally be (at least that's how I find driving it anyway)
 1 user liked this post.
#3285 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2021 3:28:56 PM(UTC)
At 7:09.997 now on Leviathan, as Ziperr said 4th is most certainly gettable but I'm not sure that I'll be able to catch 3rd. Lost some time on the final few tarmac turns driving a bit safe to make sure I posted a clean time, but nothing super substantial.
 1 user liked this post.
#3286 Posted : Friday, July 9, 2021 1:43:41 AM(UTC)
Improved to 7.14 in the GTO. Don’t think I can get to 7.10 in that though, so I think I’ll have to resort to the Daytona as I don’t think anything else will compete.

Also used the Scout for a few laps on the other one. 0.002 behind Ziperr for now. Couldn’t go quicker with the Raptor - think I did 52.7 with potential to knock a couple more tenths off but wasn’t as quick as the Scout.
#3287 Posted : Friday, July 9, 2021 2:37:24 AM(UTC)
I tried again but this time, to remove the pressure, I went with Jezza's ghost as I know I can't go quicker so I can just focus....however, Jezza's Raptor ghost was mesmerising to follow constantly wondering how someone can drive so fast whilst being all over the place!! Thought the Raptor is certainly useful for some areas, like the right hander into the dirt area at the Run thing with the hills you go in between (forget what it's called)....I tried following Jezza's very wide line through there (through the trees) to carry more speed but the Daytona just got slowed down too much

Anyway, after a couple of missed checkpoints, I finally managed to set a clean lap with a 24.5 which I was happy with as it wasn't a good run...followed this up a couple of laps later with a 7:21.9 which I am happy with, albeit can still improve
 1 user liked this post.
#3288 Posted : Friday, July 9, 2021 4:12:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post

@Odessa: So, I was against your ghost for that entire 2 hours and, every time I restarted (which was often), coming up to the fast right-hander exiting the village at the start, I would think "Please let me see the ghost go faster"...and of course it didn't!!. You can carry much more speed through there...all it needs is to be wide left, then literally just tap the brakes before going back full throttle.....it's difficult to judge but I reckon I was gaining maybe 1/2 second or more through that one corner which then carries all the way till the next braking zone...probably gaining a second overall. Watching your ghost through the entire lap and I don't see why you can't be around the 7:20 mark....this is one track/car combination where you can be very aggressive in a lot of corners where you wouldn't normally be (at least that's how I find driving it anyway)

I only did 3 times 2 laps. I dont like dirt so much and the long courses i have problems to remember the turns i can go faster or need to slow down 😳 but next time i will remember your advice about the first turn 😉👍
#3289 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2021 2:46:44 AM(UTC)
DId a few more runs yesterday and managed to improve to a 7:20.8....little unhappy though as there were a couple of big errors which probably cost me a second, maybe even 2
 1 user liked this post.
#3290 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2021 4:19:10 AM(UTC)
I managed to do 7.11 on a further run in the GTO and scrape into the top 10. With perfection, it could go quicker but it’s such a long course that the effort to get a totally “clean” run would be very high. Really fun dirt option though - HumphreyUA tune.
 2 users liked this post.
#3291 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2021 9:04:24 AM(UTC)
Ooof, enough of Leviathan for today. Had like 3 sub 7:09 runs (once was killed by cliff, other time missed cp by cm/inch entering that dirt cliff part, once was catched by wall) + 1 run that I really think was sub 7:08, but don't know cause I rage quitted. Well, rage is too big word, but I had enough.
 3 users liked this post.
#3292 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2021 5:09:17 PM(UTC)
After 7:09.396 of racing I'm exactly tied with Jezza LOL. There's a couple wide lines I'm going to have to steal to dip into the 08s but that's for tomorrow. Really enjoying such a lengthy track, I find the short ones just become a grind to perfect every corner sometimes whereas this feels a lot more like racing.

Edited by user Sunday, July 11, 2021 5:10:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#3293 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2021 12:48:02 AM(UTC)
I’ll leave the two events open until Wednesday. I should be able to do 8s as I’ve only done two laps in the Daytona and my current time had a couple of errors, so I’ll probably have one more go.
#3294 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2021 12:58:08 PM(UTC)
thank you; life has been getting in the way and I've hardly gotten to either
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
 3 users liked this post.
#3295 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2021 5:11:52 PM(UTC)
Down to 7:06.0 now, still improving but much closer to maxing my potential. Ran a dirty 7:05.1 where I chucked the car off the cliff and had to rewind so 3rd is possible. Not sure if I'll have any more time tomorrow to improve, though.

Just noticed Jezza now has the WR for S1 class, congrats.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 13, 2021 5:19:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#3296 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2021 3:27:00 PM(UTC)
I’ve not had a chance to run again, so ending the A class dirt events:

Leviathan - good fun to do a long dirt race which we all had to learn. Excluding the banned cars, the Daytona seemed clearly the best option and Aleriooon was well clear of everyone else:

Aleriooon - 7.06.026
Jezza - 7.09.396
Ziperr - 7.10.503
Bedlam - 7.17.914
Nursemorph- 7.20.874
Rayne - 7.23.610 (Bowler)
FN - 7.24.567
Odessa - 7.30.134
Squryl - 7.30.801 (F Pace)
El Barto - 7.33.099

South Island - slightly different requirements here with the Scout seemingly being the best available option. Ziperr narrowly edged me out although I think we’d have both gone well under 52 with more laps:

Ziperr - 52.016 (Scout)
Jezza - 52.019 (Scout)
Bedlam - 52.547 (Daytona)
Odessa - 52.603 (Daytona)
Aleriooon - 52.653 (Daytona)
FN - 52.665 (ZR2)
Squryl- 53.537 (Sunbeam)
Nursemorph - 55.339 (Daytona)
Runruss - 55.656 (Nova FE)
Spiko - 55.889 (Sunbeam)
Hanson - 55.959 (TZ2)
El Barto - 56.548 (ZR2)
 5 users liked this post.
#3297 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2021 3:59:45 PM(UTC)
For this week, let’s try Lego Festival Sprint S1 and A. No banned cars. I’m 7th at S1 but will see if I can improve.
#3298 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 3:41:13 AM(UTC)
Think I'm something like 7 seconds behind FN on S1 and 5 behind on A....won't be doing many runs on this as I know if I am that far back, I'm not making that time up even with my usual "Saying I can't go faster and going faster"
 1 user liked this post.
#3299 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 4:00:27 AM(UTC)
There is a lot more time I could gain at A class, I did one run yesterday and improved my existing old time by a few tenths, even though I knew I was doing most of the corners less than ideally. S1 I haven't tried to beat my old time yet, it looks like it's already quite a competitive one so could be harder to improve.
 1 user liked this post.
#3300 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 6:11:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post
Think I'm something like 7 seconds behind FN on S1 and 5 behind on A....won't be doing many runs on this as I know if I am that far back, I'm not making that time up even with my usual "Saying I can't go faster and going faster"

The other way of looking at it is that there is significant room to improve. FN will be using Rocklxd’s drag tyres Ford Roadster in A (most of the very top guys will be doing so as well) and he’s probably using one of Rocklxd’s NSX tunes in S1. Both of those cars should also work pretty well in auto.
145 Pages<<130131132133134>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error