134 Pages<<126127128129130>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#3176 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 5:21:35 PM(UTC)
My vote is for A class Wind Farm Rush (Street Rivals). We haven't been to A since Holyrood in late April/early May IIRC.
 2 users liked this post.
#3177 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 11:59:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Aleriooon Go to Quoted Post
My vote is for A class Wind Farm Rush (Street Rivals). We haven't been to A since Holyrood in late April/early May IIRC.

Let’s go with this. Sounds a good option.
#3178 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 2:24:11 AM(UTC)
Just set a time for openers (2:23.9). Got to the end, it says 'downloading rival' which took a minute or so. Then it just said my rival was the person I just beat, and it failed to record the time at all.

The next run saved the time anyway.

Edited by user Friday, June 18, 2021 2:32:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3179 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 4:28:02 AM(UTC)
I suspect I will be using RWD power again here. Probably time to really try out the old muscle cars.
#3180 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 3:11:33 PM(UTC)
Are there any no-no cars?
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
 1 user liked this post.
#3181 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 3:23:04 PM(UTC)
No, it’s an open event. Use any car you want.
 2 users liked this post.
#3182 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 1:09:25 AM(UTC)
Managed a low 2.13 in the Peugeot and have improved that to a low 12 in the S800. Will be able to do 11s in that. Moving onto the muscle cars next.

Edit - got past the Peel, so I’m content now. Tune for the Honda is BIGpoppaKEGdog.

Edited by user Saturday, June 19, 2021 2:14:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3183 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 12:11:20 PM(UTC)
2:12.466 for now in the Roadster (Rocklxd drags tune), 2:11s are within reach for sure. I tried the S800 and it was a comedy of errors, the RWD builds are most often beyond me.
 1 user liked this post.
#3184 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 1:05:33 AM(UTC)
I was trying the Dart and 79 Camaro last night. Didn’t have much luck with traffic but I was struggling to match my S800 time. Will need quite a lot of effort to catch the top 2 times even with those cars.

The time in 3rd by the way is presumably with a drag tyres Eclipse. I see he has a tune shared for it, as does Scaans, if anyone wants to try that instead of the Roadster.
#3185 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 2:34:21 AM(UTC)
Haven't done too many runs this week as it's another event that doesn't like me. Have run 3 different cars so far (the Roadster, the S800 and the TZ2) and I am still mired in the mid 2:20s (think it's around a 23 still).
 1 user liked this post.
#3186 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 7:37:09 AM(UTC)
I can't get near my Peugeot time in the Honda S200, Eclipse (scaans' more powerful tune) or Roadster. Don't think I can improve in the Peugeot either so I reckon that's it.
 3 users liked this post.
#3187 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 6:18:06 PM(UTC)
Broke into the 2:11s with the Roadster, I had one run that I eventually choked where I got out of the first two left hander about 0.5 seconds faster than any other run so I need to try and emulate that in order to get anywhere near Jezza. I'll give the Eclipse a go as well since I generally get on well with drag tunes.
 3 users liked this post.
#3188 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 9:30:53 PM(UTC)
I've gotten in front of Aleriooon for the moment by a couple hundredths. I know I could do better but I'll stop there as I don't feel I'm gaining consistency at any point on the track, so any future improvement would be essentially random.
 1 user liked this post.
#3189 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 12:56:48 AM(UTC)
Good times guys. I’ll go back to the RWD monsters over the next couple of days to try and break into the 10s. Got a bit distracted by S1 - can’t quite get under 2.00s in the GT1.
 1 user liked this post.
#3190 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 1:10:36 AM(UTC)
Well, tried a couple of other cars (Daytona, P205) and am absolutely nowhere...managed to match my TZ2 2:24 with the Daytona (I may have gone a bit quicker as I had traffic...the TZ2 run was on a no traffic run) but only managed a 2:28 with the P205. Whilst using Automatic may account for some of the difference, and the tune for some more, not sure it can account for the 14 second difference to FN in the same car.
#3191 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 1:21:58 AM(UTC)
What tune are you using on the Peugeot Nursemorph? FN will be using Rayne SE’s powerbuild FWD tune. You can use manual on that and just stick it in 5th gear as a shortcut to driving it properly (it’s tough in the lower gears and requires a lot of throttle control). I doubt it works at all well in auto.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 23, 2021 1:23:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3192 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 2:25:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
What tune are you using on the Peugeot Nursemorph? FN will be using Rayne SE’s powerbuild FWD tune. You can use manual on that and just stick it in 5th gear as a shortcut to driving it properly (it’s tough in the lower gears and requires a lot of throttle control). I doubt it works at all well in auto.

Honestly? No idea...just some random tune that looked like it might be good. That might explain some more of the difference then as whatever one I was using was AWD....I can't drive FWD properly as I have the habit of turning whilst still braking which doesn't work very well on FWD! I might try it later but I think it's simply that this is another track that doesn't like me or my driving style!
#3193 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 3:03:12 AM(UTC)
Yes try the 205 with Rayne's tune, I suggest TCS on as it's dramatically easier to drive while being nearly as fast.

Actually I just went half a second quicker after a few more tries and I can see how I could get another second or so if I went off road a bit better than I did on that run, I lost quite a lot of time at one point.

edit - found another 1.5 seconds for 2:14.199.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 23, 2021 5:50:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3194 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 3:17:15 AM(UTC)
Well that explains FN ghost I followed. Felt like I hit the brakes, instead of gas, on first uphill section in my Daytona. Not to mention traffic frustration, with their ability to strategically position themselves in corners.
Only managed one clean run, just shy of going for Alt+F4 option ....
Doing it at 2AM probably didn't help, in any case have fun guys, I'm done.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#3195 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 3:24:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post
traffic frustration

Go to Lego or Fortune Island first, and then start this event directly from there = no traffic.
#3196 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 5:11:26 AM(UTC)
Aleiriooon - have you tried the drag tyres Daytona here? I’d have thought that should be fairly competitive based on how it did at Holyrood?
 1 user liked this post.
#3197 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 9:33:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Aleiriooon - have you tried the drag tyres Daytona here? I’d have thought that should be fairly competitive based on how it did at Holyrood?

I haven't yet, I figured the Roadster would fare better since it's got a better top end and most of the turns aren't too demanding. I'll give it a go though, I haven't put a ton of time into this event yet. It was a lot easier to find time to play Forza when it was -15 C outside.
#3198 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 10:52:32 AM(UTC)
Thank you FM, was considering that when I was visiting scenery (usually a tree ...) for the nth time, while trying not to smack any AI and failing. But It won't change my time much, as this is track for power builds and my record shows worse times in those builds. So I'll just leave it at that and see what's next.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
 2 users liked this post.
#3199 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2021 2:55:40 PM(UTC)
The drags Daytona isn't competitive on this track, it just doesn't have the acceleration or top end necessary to compete, even though it does make up ground in the corners. I gave it one proper run and was 4 seconds slower, and I may not have hit every corner perfect but there's no way I could make up 4 seconds.

I can't find the Eclipse tune Viny is using, I searched his tag and only found B and C class tunes for the Eclipse unless I'm missing something. I tried Scaans' V2 tune and it was significantly slower off the line, the tune used for that 3rd place run is very powerful.

I'll go back to the Roadster for now, there's still time I can consistently make up sweeping left near the finish.

Edit: just dirtied a 2:11.2 on the final turn. I think that's about as fast as I can go, going to struggle to match that again.

Edited by user Thursday, June 24, 2021 4:02:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3200 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2021 1:45:34 AM(UTC)
So, I gave the 205R another go, this time with Rayne's tune and I have no words. First tried it without TCS as I hate using it....that car turns worse than an oil tanker....when it turns at all!!! Not to mention the weird rev limiter stuff...I gave up that run in less than a minute.

Turned on TCS and tried again and it actually handled like a car...still didn't make the track like me any more though...did manage to improve by 1.8 seconds to now be in the 2:22s...and that wasn't exactly me holding back...a 20 may be possible but nothing faster than that
134 Pages<<126127128129130>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error