127 Pages<<124125126127PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#3126 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2021 9:32:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post
So, gave Bedlam's tune a go for 25 laps and managed to knock 2 tenths off....I like the tune but I find I am needing to shift up at times I don't like (midway through the first scenic route for example)...I have enough difficulty with manual gears! Followed this up by running half dozen laps with the Hamilton HD Rival tune and, while it is a wild ride, it is quick....managed to knock another 2 tenths off to now sit at a 41.842.

I've updated my tune to use full weight reduction to bring the power/weight ratio in line with the Hamilton HD tune, and tuned the gear ratios to try to put the tops of 3 and 4 at some important spots that might be less inconvenient. You might still prefer the Hamilton HD tune or find them indistinguishable, I just don't like the idea of spending PI on front aero here even if it doesn't cost much for the Abarth.

With these changes I was able to move into second overall (with the 2.1 tune; the test tune I shared might be better but I made the tweaks after I exhausted my supply of Good Laps for the day, will try it again later when I can be back In The Zone).
#3127 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2021 12:50:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BedlamBorealis Go to Quoted Post
So, gave Bedlam's tune a go for 25 laps and managed to knock 2 tenths off....I like the tune but I find I am needing to shift up at times I don't like (midway through the first scenic route for example)...I have enough difficulty with manual gears! Followed this up by running half dozen laps with the Hamilton HD Rival tune and, while it is a wild ride, it is quick....managed to knock another 2 tenths off to now sit at a 41.842.

I've updated my tune to use full weight reduction to bring the power/weight ratio in line with the Hamilton HD tune, and tuned the gear ratios to try to put the tops of 3 and 4 at some important spots that might be less inconvenient. You might still prefer the Hamilton HD tune or find them indistinguishable, I just don't like the idea of spending PI on front aero here even if it doesn't cost much for the Abarth.

With these changes I was able to move into second overall (with the 2.1 tune; the test tune I shared might be better but I made the tweaks after I exhausted my supply of Good Laps for the day, will try it again later when I can be back In The Zone).

Excellent...will give your updated tune a go later and post back my findings.

I am finding it tough at the moment to decide on how nuch I like a tune...normally I just base it on the handling (as I prefer grip over outright speed even if it makes me slower) but I am now also needing to base it on the gearing which is un-natural to me given I have been exclusively auto gearbox (until 2 weeks ago and excluding the odd Speedtrap run) so, basically, all tunes feel wrong!
 1 user liked this post.
#3128 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2021 5:56:22 AM(UTC)
So, have tried Bedlam's v2.1 tune (think it's 2.1, the one preceeding the latest "test" one)...wasn't entirely sure about it as it is a bit slidey but managed to improve my PB by 2 tenths....got to nearly lap 50 and about to stop as it was driving me nuts, when I managed to hook up a decent lap and blitz my PB by 4 tenths to now be at a 41.258

Currently sat less than a tenth behind Bedlam so I can wholeheartedly endorse v2.1!! Personally, I could do with a little more front end as it is a little understeery for me but I'm sure it's not an issue for everyone else...I just have an allergy to understeer lol
 2 users liked this post.
#3129 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2021 6:28:23 AM(UTC)
So, have tried Bedlam's v2.1 tune (think it's 2.1, the one preceeding the latest "test" one)...wasn't entirely sure about it as it is a bit slidey but managed to improve my PB by 2 tenths....got to nearly lap 50 and about to stop as it was driving me nuts, when I managed to hook up a decent lap and blitz my PB by 4 tenths to now be at a 41.258

Currently sat less than a tenth behind Bedlam so I can wholeheartedly endorse v2.1!! Personally, I could do with a little more front end as it is a little understeery for me but I'm sure it's not an issue for everyone else...I just have an allergy to understeer lol

Nice, I am glad this worked out for you. I did try shifting towards oversteer, but found I was losing the back end too often in key spots even with only small changes, maybe you would have better luck with it. Here's the upgrades and settings for 2.1 if anyone wants to try tweaking it a bit:

Engine upgrades: sport oil/cooling
Platform upgrades: rally springs/dampers, race front/rear ARBs, race weight reduction
Drivetrain upgrades: race upgrades for everything
Tires: rally tires, max rear tire width, max rear track width, rims -11 lb from the stock rims
Rear aero
AWD conversion

Tires: 25.0 psi front and rear
Gearing (top to bottom): 6.10, 2.90, 1.77, 1.34, 1.02, 0.82, 0.71
Alignment: -2.3 deg front camber, -1.3 deg rear camber, zero toe, 7 deg caster
ARBs: 45 front and rear
Springs: 101.7 lb/in front, 131.8 lb/in rear
Ride height: max front/rear
Rebound stiffness: 2.0 front, 2.8 rear
Bump stiffness: 1.0 front, 1.4 rear
Aero: min rear
Diff: 22-ish percent front acc, rear acc, rear dec, zero front dec
Center: 64% rear

You might try reducing the front ARB stiffness, stiffening the rear springs/damping, and/or shifting the torque balance more towards the rear.

Edited by user Thursday, May 20, 2021 6:50:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3130 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2021 7:33:30 AM(UTC)
The Biposto windows have ...windows?
Quote:
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
 1 user liked this post.
#3131 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2021 12:40:32 PM(UTC)

Nice, I am glad this worked out for you. I did try shifting towards oversteer, but found I was losing the back end too often in key spots even with only small changes, maybe you would have better luck with it. Here's the upgrades and settings for 2.1 if anyone wants to try tweaking it a bit:

Engine upgrades: none
Platform upgrades: rally springs/dampers, race front/rear ARBs, race weight reduction
Drivetrain upgrades: race upgrades for everything
Tires: rally tires, max rear tire width, max rear track width, rims -11 lb from the stock rims
Rear aero
AWD conversion

Tires: 25.0 psi front and rear
Gearing (top to bottom): 6.10, 2.90, 1.77, 1.34, 1.02, 0.82, 0.71
Alignment: -2.3 deg front camber, -1.3 deg rear camber, zero toe, 7 deg caster
ARBs: 45 front and rear
Springs: 101.7 lb/in front, 131.8 lb/in rear
Ride height: max front/rear
Rebound stiffness: 2.0 front, 2.8 rear
Bump stiffness: 1.0 front, 1.4 rear
Aero: min rear
Diff: 22-ish percent front acc, rear acc, rear dec, zero front dec
Center: 64% rear

You might try reducing the front ARB stiffness, stiffening the rear springs/damping, and/or shifting the torque balance more towards the rear.

focusing only on the build:

b-class car with rally tires and no engine upgrades...removing the rear aero would probably do the trick. any type of aero is overkill here. if you still need oversteer after removing rear aero, minimize rear track width. max rear track width helps stability, but causes understeer. if possible, could also increase front track width to increase oversteer. same kinda thing with rear tire width, max helps grip, but increases understeer, so if you need even more oversteer, reduce the width of the rear tires.

#3132 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 12:32:29 AM(UTC)
Thank you both for the advice regarding the tuning...not really sure any extra tuning would gain me any more speed, especially if dialling in the front end would cause the rear end to become more unstable...already having enough problems with the back end sliding

It's difficult to know whether the understeer is the tune or whether it is simply the nature of the track...at least one corner, you can get the car to turn sharper by dropping down a gear (which seems odd to me)
 1 user liked this post.
#3133 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 4:07:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
The Biposto windows have ...windows?

I wondered about that. Apparently it was a cost option for that model. I think it would be very irritating for road use.

https://www.autoexpress....barth-695-biposto-review

#3134 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 5:51:11 AM(UTC)
Since I set my PB time, I have been unable to get anywhere near it again with my best being 4 tenths off...suffice to say we can really chalk that one up to being a fluke one-off as I can't match any of the lines/speeds I did before. Will still run laps but I don't see me getting anywhere near it again
 2 users liked this post.
#3135 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 8:25:36 AM(UTC)
I did 41.733, then a 41.766. Both of these I think are basically my best, they are when I'm doing all the corners as well as I know how to. I wouldn't know how to improve further. If I stay ahead of Squryl I'll be happy because he's usually better on dirt and cross country than me 😊
#3136 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 9:38:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I did 41.733, then a 41.766. Both of these I think are basically my best, they are when I'm doing all the corners as well as I know how to. I wouldn't know how to improve further. If I stay ahead of Squryl I'll be happy because he's usually better on dirt and cross country than me 😊

Just do what I do: Continue doing laps until you finally pull a lap out of the hat like a magician.....much like a magician, the game won't tell you it's secrets either in how you managed a quick time lol
#3137 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2021 10:24:05 AM(UTC)
I need to try bedlam tune as all my times are fwd as it was faster than AWD for me
 2 users liked this post.
#3138 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 10:28:55 AM(UTC)
Struggled for time this week but just managed 15 laps or so. Fractions behind Nursemorph. Should have a longer run this evening but I find this quite a tough course with the relatively heavy Elite controller. Already hurting my hands!
#3139 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 10:42:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Already hurting my hands!

🤕 likewise
Quote:
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
 4 users liked this post.
#3140 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2021 2:46:58 AM(UTC)
Results from the C class trip to Legoland last week. The 97 Civic proved the dominant car and congratulations to Ziperr for narrowly holding off Aleriooon for the win - just the 3.8 seconds faster than the old WR:

Ziperr - 2.17.147
Alerioon - 2.17.171
Bedlam - 2.17.315
Jezza - 2.17.488
Rayne - 2.17.571
PABO - 2.18.305
FN - 2.18.438
Spiko - 2.19.106
Odessa - 2.19.156
Nursemorph - 2.19.189
Rat Catcha - 2.19.540
Matteo - 2.20.607
Squryl - 2.20.707 (Roadster)
Potbox - 2.22.609 (Porsche 550)
Hanson - 2.23.377 (Roadster)
El Barto - 2.25.527 (166MM)
Mort - 2.26.580 (Roadster)
Pinkie - 2.29.750 (Crown Vic)
 4 users liked this post.
#3141 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2021 2:51:22 AM(UTC)
Fairly close at Ambelside Scramble so far. Everyone using the Abarth except Rat Catcha:

Bedlam - 41.093
Ziperr - 41.154
Jezza - 41.175
Nurse - 41.258
Rat Catcha - 41.708 (Clio 10)
FN - 41.733
Odessa - 41.825
PABO - 41.959
Squryl - 42.025
Runruss - 42.543
Spiko - 42.543
Matteo - 42.643
Potbox - 42.976
El Barto - 43.007
Hanson - 43.777
Percy - 44.044
#3142 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2021 3:30:47 AM(UTC)
nvm

Edited by user Sunday, May 23, 2021 3:34:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3143 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2021 10:05:15 AM(UTC)
Bedlam - that time is set with which tune? 3.0?
I was using 2.1, very nice tune. So going to try 3.0 in few minutes.

I really need to find good line through first left corner and first right after hairpin. Nitro neil's ghost is always gaining on me it these two places.

Question for everyone: where do you use the new Citroen?
Mine is currently built as A-class FWD with drag tires. I can see that there are some B class tunes from followed tuners. Haven't tried yet.

Edited by user Saturday, May 22, 2021 10:10:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3144 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2021 10:50:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
Bedlam - that time is set with which tune? 3.0?
I was using 2.1, very nice tune. So going to try 3.0 in few minutes.

I really need to find good line through first left corner and first right after hairpin. Nitro neil's ghost is always gaining on me it these two places.

The time you saw when you wrote this was 3.0, the time I just set is 3.1 which I just shared. Both have more of a focus on grip since I noticed nitro neil's ghost gaining on me even if I slid just a little. I'm not sure how much 3.0/3.1 are improvements over 2.1 versus me just learning the track a little more.
 1 user liked this post.
#3145 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2021 11:01:53 AM(UTC)
I just used the new tune (3.1) to improve by three hundredths and sneak past Rat Catcha by a hundredth.

Oh and just noticed, congrats to Bedlam on the new WR!

edit - hundredths not tenths... lol I wish.

Edited by user Saturday, May 22, 2021 11:27:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3146 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2021 11:53:50 AM(UTC)
...the time I just set is 3.1 which I just shared....

3.1 is even better. Under 41 run :)

...but I still don't know how to take that right corner after hairpin. Neil's ghost is always catching up. 40,8 should be possible.
#3147 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2021 9:31:52 AM(UTC)
I tried Bedlam's latest tune earlier and it is definitely a better handling car...can't get near my PB still though...best I could get was a .4.

That right nader after the hairpin is tricky to do given it's such a long corner....I've found the best way for me to get round it without washing out wide is to lift off the gas and shift down a gear on entry (assuming the upshift between the hairpin and that corner)...this rotates the car towards the inside allowing you to get on the gas earlier, though pretty sure you guys do something like that anyway. I think I've managed a lowest minimum speed through that corner of 62mph or so
#3148 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2021 11:13:40 AM(UTC)
I'm not sure if I'll get to this challenge this week but congratulations to the guys on the top of the leaderboard. I gave RB's Ford GT tune a few runs in S2 dirt and it's really good on tracks that are mostly tarmac based like White Hill. Need to test it on a variety of S2 Winter Road tracks to see how it stacks up vs the Diablo, it's got worse handling but a better top end.
 5 users liked this post.
#3149 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2021 2:06:52 PM(UTC)
Apologies - I am struggling for time presently. Probably won’t get a chance to suggest anything new until the weekend.
#3150 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2021 2:46:29 AM(UTC)
No problem Jezza 👍
127 Pages<<124125126127PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error