127 Pages<<121122123124125>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#3051 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 9:10:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
I’ve gone a little quicker in the Pulsar but only by a tenth from Morph, so might have been passed by a Roadster since.

You are doing excellent in the Pulsar there..I had a look for a tune for it earlier but couldn't find anything with good enough handling stats..may just try some tunes for it but I don't see myself going any quicker in it.

Did manage to improve a couple of times earlier to be at a 2:20.123. Still struggling with the 2 big braking zones and knowing when to shift down, when to let off the brake to let the engine braking continue, when to shift up again....generally manage a decent one of those zones every 20 or so laps. Probably another tenth in there somewhere

There certainly is. I just chased your ghost, was a couple of car lengths behind after the early stages but slowly crept past to take a car length lead. I then lost the lead on the late corners, but even then I gained some of the loss back just before the line. Could be as much as half a second for a perfect run.
 1 user liked this post.
#3052 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 11:55:26 AM(UTC)
It has taken me the best part of 2 hours solid running to get to grips with chasing a ghost with completely different characteristics (miles more straight line speed, less cornering speed)....lost my reference points (having run so many laps against my own ghost) and didn't have a clue where I needed to be ahead to allow for the vastly superior speed of the Pulsar.

Anyway, after coming tantalisingly close (0.034 behind), I finally managed to beat Jezza's time and, in the process, broke under the 20s barrier to now stand at a 2:19.923

Despite that, I am still not happy as the S by the first major braking zone was scruffy. Having said that, I am finding it interesting to be so close to my absolute driving limit that a fraction longer on the brakes is the difference...normally I'd be losing time over an entire track not just in one or two areas.

Let's see what Jezza does in response!! I suspect he has a few tenths somewhere in the Pulsar
 1 user liked this post.
#3053 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 12:07:57 PM(UTC)
Really Jezza? You couldn't let me enjoy the moment for longer than 5 minutes?? As I said, was sure you had a few tenths in there somewhere. Very nice time you have set....that time is well beyond me I think
 1 user liked this post.
#3054 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 12:37:07 PM(UTC)
Great time in the Roadster, I guess it's time to switch to the Pulsar though, I haven't tried it yet.

edit - 2:20.9 after two attempts, compared to my 2:20.2 in the Roadster. While following Jezza's ghost I noticed he made a couple of little mistakes where I gained on him, ie. when he went slightly too fast into a corner and scrubbed off speed a bit. So he can go faster.

It is easier to drive than I expected, though of course harder than the Roadster. I should be able to get around my Roadster time I think. Whether I can beat it, not sure.

Edited by user Monday, May 10, 2021 12:49:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3055 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 12:46:14 PM(UTC)
Sorry! I think we must have been setting times at around the same time! The Pulsar looks to probably have a bit of an edge due to its extra power.
#3056 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 12:58:44 PM(UTC)
I don't know anything about tuning, but is there any way to improve the launch of the Pulsar, and/or maybe improve acceleration by shortening the gearing which seems rather long? Or are you stuck with the stock gearbox at C class. The launch bogs down anyway, maybe that can't be solved.
 2 users liked this post.
#3057 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 2:01:24 PM(UTC)
97 Civic seems a little quicker. Tune by NTR HammerDn.

Edited by user Monday, May 10, 2021 2:10:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3058 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 2:32:19 PM(UTC)
I've gone a little quicker with that tune too.
 2 users liked this post.
#3059 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 4:28:41 PM(UTC)
Shaved off 1.2 seconds to 2:19.5 in the Civic, with several mistakes in the run. That car is capable of mid 18s for sure.

I think Bedlam's wheel might be an asset this week, smooth steering inputs are well rewarded over the final 2/3 of the track where any small mistake in the line scrubs off speed and that tiny difference is magnified by the distance between braking zones. Certainly an interesting challenge this week Jezza.
 2 users liked this post.
#3060 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 5:14:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Aleriooon Go to Quoted Post
I think Bedlam's wheel might be an asset this week, smooth steering inputs are well rewarded over the final 2/3 of the track where any small mistake in the line scrubs off speed and that tiny difference is magnified by the distance between braking zones.

The wheel might be an advantage (though historically I've only mapped 90-180 degrees of rotation), but I've never used MC and not sure I can use it as effectively as a controller user can. Either I'll need to do something a bit different tuning-wise, or find some setup where I can use MC acceptably well. My current time doesn't reflect any of this though, just haven't had time yet to properly learn the line here while I've been playing around with various tuning options.
 1 user liked this post.
#3061 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 1:11:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Aleriooon Go to Quoted Post
Shaved off 1.2 seconds to 2:19.5 in the Civic, with several mistakes in the run. That car is capable of mid 18s for sure.

I think Bedlam's wheel might be an asset this week, smooth steering inputs are well rewarded over the final 2/3 of the track where any small mistake in the line scrubs off speed and that tiny difference is magnified by the distance between braking zones. Certainly an interesting challenge this week Jezza.

Yeah I am struggling with that at the moment. I can go half a second or so faster if I can just do some of the fast corners as well as I've already done them with my existing ghost.

edit - went 3.5 tenths quicker, 2:19.781 now.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 11, 2021 1:16:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3062 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 1:13:41 AM(UTC)
More into the 2:19s? Nooooo...well, at least I have the consolation of being the first to do it (possibly, though Jezza may have beaten me but the Leaderboard hadn't updated)..shame I didn't screenshot it lol

Will give the Honda a try later as I have hit the limit with the Roadster..tried a few different tunes on it but none of them had as much front end. Had a fair few runs with the Pulsar (with the tune Jezza used and others) and, whilst it is a lot quicker, it also has way too much understeer for me (I just cannot drive a car well if it has big amounts of understeer)...if the tune was a bit more pointy on the front end I may have been better.

@Aleriooon: Was wondering when you would turn up...just wrong to see you name behind mine on the Leaderboard!! Then again, it would be wrong to see anyone behind me when I am driving manual lol

@FN: Well done on breaking into the 19s!

Edited by user Tuesday, May 11, 2021 1:18:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3063 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 4:54:11 AM(UTC)
Well, I tried the Honda...and I won't be getting anywhere near my time in it. I just cannot drive FWD cars....fastest I managed was a 20.5. Following FN's ghost and I am already 2 cars lengths behind by the first checkpoint! We are even till the first shift at which point he surges ahead, regardless of where I shift.

Will keep trying but I would say a sub 20.3 would be impossible for me in this car

Edit: Well, I managed a complete and total fluke of 20.0 to be 1 tenth off my roadster time...however, my next best is 20.5 so I do consider it a total fluke. It's difficult to get faster when I have absolutely no understanding of the car whatsoever...not helped by being 2 car lengths behind after one single gear shift and then spending the next 2 minutes trying to claw it back. I am following FN and have no understanding how he is quicker in certain places....I can carry the same speed into the Speedway section yet he carries more speed around the curve thus all the way to the first braking zone.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 11, 2021 5:40:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3064 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 6:35:49 AM(UTC)
I am just trying again and I find it hard to match my own ghost as well, and it isn't perfect by any means! I can get to the point of being slightly behind it and then overtake it though (slightly) so there is room for me to improve a little. I think you have to fight your instinct to go faster and deliberately crawl round the early corners on a light throttle which ends up being faster than you think it should be, if that makes sense. It's very easy to take just slightly too much speed or use slightly too much throttle or steering inputs and then the tyres slide like they're made of butter.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 11, 2021 6:40:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3065 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 9:41:23 AM(UTC)
I see ziperr just schooled us all... :p

Looks like he might be using a slightly faster tune there.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 11, 2021 10:03:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3066 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 11:31:15 AM(UTC)
I have no idea how you guys manage to get this car through corners so fast...one corner FN can manage a faster speed through a corner despite approaching it from a far narrower angle..if I try the same line I end up in the wall. Good luck to you all for the rest of the week..am sure you will all continue to improve your times

Edited by user Tuesday, May 11, 2021 11:47:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3067 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 12:09:34 PM(UTC)
I have no idea how you guys manage to get this car through corners so fast...one corner FN can manage a faster speed through a corner despite approaching it from a far narrower angle..if I try the same line I end up in the wall. Good luck to you all for the rest of the week..am sure you will all continue to improve your times

Nooo don't give up just yet! I just went a little faster with Bedlam's tune. I am sure you will improve if you put more runs in, though it may be time for a break if you are getting fed up for now. M+C will certainly gain a few tenths too like you said.

I don't know how I am taking those corners faster but on some of them I am being very light on the throttle, maybe you are applying more than you need and the car is understeering as a result.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 11, 2021 12:10:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3068 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 12:32:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

Nooo don't give up just yet! I just went a little faster with Bedlam's tune. I am sure you will improve if you put more runs in, though it may be time for a break if you are getting fed up for now. M+C will certainly gain a few tenths too like you said.

I don't know how I am taking those corners faster but on some of them I am being very light on the throttle, maybe you are applying more than you need and the car is understeering as a result.

I think this car highlights my limitations with using the button for accelerate rather than using the trigger but, thinking about it, I think some of it is the clutch giving that slight boost...especially when considering I lose so much on the first gear change of the run.

I will still run some laps on the off chance I get another fluke run again but I am running at my limits already..not fed up with it, just being realistic. I will give a few other tunes a go to see though
 2 users liked this post.
#3069 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 12:45:14 PM(UTC)
I see Rayne has cruised around in a sedate 2.18.6, so there’s some room for improvement 😀.

Down to 18.8 but Rayne down to 18.5 😟.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 11, 2021 1:07:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3070 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 10:53:15 PM(UTC)
Damn, that didn't last long. I wanted to post that 2:19 should be easy to break, but you guys didn't gave me a chance :P

My tune was in short: no weight reduction, no roll cage. sport gearbox, rear aero, stock tires + width, supercharger + all of PI invested in power. Then final gear set to somewhere between minimal wheelspin at start and top speed enough to don't hit rev limiter on longer straights.
I need to improve handling cause was understeering. The worst for me is that triple-right hand corner at the end. I'm either understeering or getting out of power range (3rd gear to short, 4th to long).

Jezza - what tune are you using?

Nursemorph - you on keyboard?
 2 users liked this post.
#3071 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 11:38:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
I see Rayne has cruised around in a sedate 2.18.6, so there’s some room for improvement 😀.

Down to 18.8 but Rayne down to 18.5 😟.

Sorry for the sneaky entrance :D The challenge sounded fun and I had time yesterday.
I'm not content with my tune yet but I'll share my build here so you can fiddle with the tuning yourselves if you want.
My goal was to combine centrifugal supercharger, race weight reduction and front aero.
Street centrifugal supercharger, street intercooler to drop PI, race ARBs, race weight reduction sport gearbox, max rear tire width, heaviest rims, max rear rims size, front & rear aero and street driveshaft to drop PI (another weird PI calculation where the heavier stock driveshaft costs more PI than the weight-reduced street).

The car has two major problems on this track imho: the lift-off through the sweeping corners has to be very precise. Otherwise the run is over because the car starts understeering the moment the front tires grip. This is very obvious through the first turn, the hairpin. If I can hold the tires in semi-wheelspin I can take it tight & fast. If I lift too much and the tires grip afterwards it'll understeer out of the turn. On the fast sections down the hill the car tends to suffer from lift-off oversteer due to the stock suspension.
The other crucial part is the gear box setting. Not being in the optimal supercharger range at several parts of the track costs a lot of time because the engine has no pull beneath the supercharger rpm.

Back to the drawing board & I'll try a no front aero build like ziperr with more grunt down the straights.
#3072 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2021 3:07:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
Nursemorph - you on keyboard?

I use a controller (think I last used a keyboard for a racing game back in about....I have no clue, maybe the late 90s?) but I use the default buttons, so A=Accelerate, X=Brake etc. It does mean I lose throttle precision but it is what I am comfortable with (tried to adapt in the past but I just couldn't)

I can't believe you guys are down to the 18.5s!! The 19.9 Number 1 time I set was, I thought, a good time...turns out it was pretty slow!!
#3073 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2021 4:49:15 AM(UTC)
Zip - I am using a tune by NTR HammerDn. Seems similar to Rayne’s in performance - a bit more power up the hill but maybe slightly more difficult in some of the corners.
 1 user liked this post.
#3074 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2021 7:19:00 AM(UTC)
Where is final Leaderboard from last Event? ;D

@nurse was doing some race vs ai and noticed your "i am slow" licenseplate. You're kidding?

Is "A" for throttle faster? I mean its 100% or 0% there is no analog stuff same as keyboard.
#3075 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2021 7:48:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PinkiePie4997 Go to Quoted Post
Where is final Leaderboard from last Event? ;D

@nurse was doing some race vs ai and noticed your "i am slow" licenseplate. You're kidding?

Is "A" for throttle faster? I mean its 100% or 0% there is no analog stuff same as keyboard.

I tend to be faster in rivals than when I am racing....I'm slower than most people I race with hence the Number plate!!

Is using A for throttle faster? Nope....I just can't manage any other way. If ou are good enough with the button, then you can manage some throttle control...whilst I am out of practice, I used to be very good at applying part throttle by only pressing the button down halfway.
127 Pages<<121122123124125>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error