123 Pages<<118119120121122>>PrevNext
#2976 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 4:15:02 AM(UTC)
Something good for this week?
Used the GTWP with WinterKiller tune best was 2:13
720PO random tunes > 2:20
Spano 2:09.9 (saved 2:10.010) with some luck lower
C8 random winter tune ~2:11

Edited by user Monday, May 3, 2021 4:21:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2977 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 4:27:14 AM(UTC)
720 PO - Rocklxd or Tdu1platinummod
GT WP - RB033
Spano - Viny Eclipse
 2 users liked this post.
#2978 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 4:34:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
720 PO - Rocklxd or Tdu1platinummod
GT WP - RB033
Spano - Viny Eclipse

thx!
GTWP - RB033 Winter v1.3
dropped me in first run to 2:07.261 with luck it can beat fn's time
most solid tune so far

---
best option -> follow jezza's ghost it's an instant <2:05
and he can go faster :D

Edited by user Monday, May 3, 2021 6:14:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2979 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 6:23:35 AM(UTC)
Looks like I have some work to do then, shame I don't have the Ford GT WP!

Oh and congrats on Jezza for going 1st, just noticed 👍

Edited by user Monday, May 3, 2021 6:25:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2980 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 6:27:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

Follow jezza
switched from your ghost to jezza and it was instant -2s
#2981 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 6:32:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PinkiePie4997 Go to Quoted Post

Follow jezza
switched from your ghost to jezza and it was instant -2s

Just tried it and went a few tenths quicker. I don't think I will go much quicker than that, if at all. I mean, the car is fast enough to set a top 10 time as the leaderboard proves but I'm not very good at getting those weird and wonderful huge off road detours just right.
 1 user liked this post.
#2982 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 6:56:57 AM(UTC)
I wonder if Ford will release a 2022 Welcome Pack Edition GT? :D :D :D :D :D
Really odd move to add these 'adjusted' cars in my opinion.
 1 user liked this post.
#2983 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 7:07:52 AM(UTC)
Down in 2:03 thx rb033
@jezza there is some wooden thingy before the part with road without snow
was hitting that by accident and it pushed my car in right direction and in front of your ghost
then wanted to much and hit the fence at the roundabout ended with dirty 2:03:3xx
but yeah next goal top 20 the car is able todo it in automatic

---
ok it's some stone thingy but was going fullspeed and it pushed me more to the right in nice position for the left turn
https://streamable.com/udt2es

Edited by user Monday, May 3, 2021 7:28:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2984 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 7:11:37 AM(UTC)
Just tried the Ascari with Bedlam's tune. It grips a lot better on the snow-covered roads but I very nearly got surpassed by my 720S ghost on the final non-snow road section. If the Ford combines the best of both those cars then it will be hard for me to beat it.
 2 users liked this post.
#2985 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 7:13:48 AM(UTC)
Just tried the Ascari with Bedlam's tune. It grips a lot better on the snow-covered roads but I very nearly got surpassed by my 720S ghost on the final non-snow road section. If the Ford combines the best of both those cars then it will be hard for me to beat it.

Check your mails or whatever there is some ford waiting... ;)
 1 user liked this post.
#2986 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 7:20:59 AM(UTC)

Check your mails or whatever there is some ford waiting... ;)

Aha, thanks very much. Now I have no excuses :p
#2987 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 8:06:36 AM(UTC)
Tried the TrafficOff method but no idea best is back to 2:06

somehow forces the traffic me to take a faster route in most cases

@rb what makes the thing so grippy with the offroad tires? aero?
even in rain it doesnt slide my senna with offroad/winter tires is hard to drive in sommer

Edited by user Monday, May 3, 2021 8:17:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2988 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 8:40:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RB033 Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if Ford will release a 2022 Welcome Pack Edition GT? :D :D :D :D :D
Really odd move to add these 'adjusted' cars in my opinion.

Comes down to money....figured enough people will buy them to make it worthwhile. For me, it was the timing of it really.....would have made more sense if, for example, the WP pack was released when the Steam version released so it is an actual "welcome" thingy
#2989 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 8:47:06 AM(UTC)
Tried RB's tune on the Ford GT WP and, man does it have lots of grip!! Not the fastest in a straight line but makes up for it in the corners. Using that tune brought me down from an 8 in the 720S to a 2:03.941.

Of course, the traffic is driving me nuts as expected....though to have a car in the exxact same place 4 runs in a row is a little excessive!! Am averaging 10-15 traffic cars per run with a max of 16. I don't mind traffic, it's just where it is that is annoying...too many occasions where one is loitering at a corner apex...fine in the dry as you can adjust. Have also had the cars blocking the entire road just before a corner with 2 going opposite directions, 3 vehicles in a line across a junction etc etc. Oh well...at least the restart event button is getting a good outing!!
 2 users liked this post.
#2990 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 9:18:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post
Tried RB's tune on the Ford GT WP and, man does it have lots of grip!! Not the fastest in a straight line but makes up for it in the corners. Using that tune brought me down from an 8 in the 720S to a 2:03.941.

Of course, the traffic is driving me nuts as expected....though to have a car in the exxact same place 4 runs in a row is a little excessive!! Am averaging 10-15 traffic cars per run with a max of 16. I don't mind traffic, it's just where it is that is annoying...too many occasions where one is loitering at a corner apex...fine in the dry as you can adjust. Have also had the cars blocking the entire road just before a corner with 2 going opposite directions, 3 vehicles in a line across a junction etc etc. Oh well...at least the restart event button is getting a good outing!!

Travel to Fortune Island or Lego Valley and then launch the Street Rivals event from the start menu (Rivals tab, Street Rivals, Otleydale). Bye bye traffic.
 1 user liked this post.
#2991 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 9:20:14 AM(UTC)
Tried the TrafficOff method but no idea best is back to 2:06

somehow forces the traffic me to take a faster route in most cases

@rb what makes the thing so grippy with the offroad tires? aero?
even in rain it doesnt slide my senna with offroad/winter tires is hard to drive in sommer

Rally suspension (important), rally tires, and full downforce front and back. I tried reducing the downforce even a little... it was hard to drive. Seems to get enough speed going anyway. It has more straight line speed than the Diablo GTR winter tune I've tested (Rocklxd).

V2.0 will be a test build with more weight and power added. If it works I'll post it.

Car is built in Canada, so that is why I even bothered trying out a month or so ago. Working on a really nice livery for it too.
 1 user liked this post.
#2992 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 10:20:58 AM(UTC)
@Aleriooon: Thank you for pointing that out...I vaguely recall reading about it in the past but had forgotten as I never used to do Rivals.

I thought running without traffic would put less strain on my blood pressure tablets but it seems that less traffic makes me more agitated when I get things wrong lol

Started this session with a run behind Jezza's ghost just out of curiosity; it then defaulted to my next rival, that being FN.....about 50 attempts (rewinding, restarting etc etc) and using some of Jezza's "creative driving", managed to go quicker. Next up was RB's ghost and, on the first run against that ghost, managed to find a staggering 1.3 seconds (didn't think that amount was even possible). So, currently sat at a 2:01.121 which I am more than happy with given it's only 1 second behind RB. There is more time to find there as a few areas I haven't quite got the hang of.

For those trying to work this event out, I would highly recommend running behind Jezza's ghost to see where you can go off road (and by how much) to find time...some areas it is counter-intuitive to be so far off the road yet quicker as it can allow you to carry much more speed through the subsequent corner.
 2 users liked this post.
#2993 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 12:04:00 PM(UTC)
It has more straight line speed than the Diablo GTR winter tune I've tested (Rocklxd).

I love this build, it's truly excellent. My previous S2 Winter car was the Diablo GTR. I took your tune to my winter test race. I was rusty so I used a couple of rewinds, but on the first run I beat my best Diablo 2:17 with a 2:14.7

So easy to drive, many thanks for sharing
#2994 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 12:17:06 PM(UTC)
Found some more time to be sitting at a 2:00.671.

Unlikely to find any more time as I'm at the limits of my abilities now...only half second behind RB (on my fastest run, I was pretty much even until the U Bend) and 13th on the Global Board...given I am not very good in snow, I am pretty happy
 1 user liked this post.
#2995 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 2:14:12 PM(UTC)

Unlikely to find any more time as I'm at the limits of my abilities now...only half second behind RB (on my fastest run, I was pretty much even until the U Bend) and 13th on the Global Board...given I am not very good in snow, I am pretty happy

At 13th out of 6,891 and top 0.2% despite using automatic, you might in fact be quite good on snow after all 😉

I'm at 2:02.973 and I've exhausted any obvious ways to improve. I mean, that I am capable of implementing. The off road lines aren't working out for me. Still, 22nd is way better than I imagined possible. Clearly this car and tune are a large part of that.
#2996 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 3:22:03 AM(UTC)

At 13th out of 6,891 and top 0.2% despite using automatic, you might in fact be quite good on snow after all 😉

I'm at 2:02.973 and I've exhausted any obvious ways to improve. I mean, that I am capable of implementing. The off road lines aren't working out for me. Still, 22nd is way better than I imagined possible. Clearly this car and tune are a large part of that.

You'd think my position on the Leaderboards would indicate that I am an expert at driving on snow....however, I really am not good on snow. It is a combination of the excellent tune on the car giving stability as well as the sheer number of runs I have done (ran this event for 3 continuous hours yesterday) and adapting some of Jezza's lines to my driving style.
 1 user liked this post.
#2997 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 10:49:13 AM(UTC)
Current time is my final time for now
It's bruteforce pause->restart now to hit the perfect run don't like that
the car can do way better!

@fn you can be faster before the u turn

@rb
nice tune
here is my list for more :D
 3 users liked this post.
#2998 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 11:03:34 AM(UTC)

@rb
nice tune
here is my list for more :D

I'm very pleased with this car, glad everyone is finding it works for them. It is a world record tune now!

If you do have cars you'd like a tune for, feel free to ask. :)

Oh and I was pausing/restarting for 2 hours straight to get my time... by the end it was getting much more consistent but being a tricky run it is hard to get perfect.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 4, 2021 11:04:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Pause > restart

1 user liked this post.
#2999 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 12:39:33 PM(UTC)

I'm very pleased with this car, glad everyone is finding it works for them. It is a world record tune now!

Today i did my first runs and used your Ford GT tune and i like it, well done 👍
 1 user liked this post.
#3000 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 12:44:20 PM(UTC)

Thanks, yeah I can also do the start section better, I just need to put a run together with all my best bits... lots of restarts on this one! I think my best would be about a second faster.

I hope we're back on terra firma next week though, this is more like a cross country course needing to go off road to be competitive.

edit - 6 tenths quicker on the next run, despite being worse still at the start. I knew it was worse but decided to keep going. Hard to be consistent on snow and off road in a supercar.

And another 6 tenths after that. So there's the second (1.2) in two runs. I was a lot quicker on the early section and did the end bit slower than I could have because I was scared of making an error. But I think I'll leave it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wxw4Zo55ac

(I know I could have taken the corner at 65% by going wider off road first, but I never got the hang of doing that one consistently so I stayed on the road here.)

Edited by user Tuesday, May 4, 2021 2:08:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

123 Pages<<118119120121122>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error