123 Pages<<117118119120121>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#2951 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 3:47:17 AM(UTC)
@Jezza: Thank you for pointing out that I used the wrong tune there (no excuses....I even had the name of it written down and still got it wrong...anyone have a spare brain cell I could have?!!)...will try a few laps this afternoon with the right one and see if it's any better. To be fair, the tune I did use wasn't a bad tune..just too much for me to drive well

@FN and Smoke: Good jobs in getting those times in...doubt I'll be matching them...then again, I started the week thinking I only had a tenth or two more to find and am sitting here 2.1 seconds quicker!!

Edited by user Sunday, May 2, 2021 3:50:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2952 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 3:52:34 AM(UTC)
S2 is too fast fo me on big tv but i'll try

can someone try my daytona tune i'm doing constant ~1:10.5 in 33s/daytona so no idea what time it can do
 1 user liked this post.
#2953 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 3:55:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PinkiePie4997 Go to Quoted Post
S2 is too fast fo me on big tv but i'll try

can someone try my daytona tune i'm doing constant ~1:10.5 in 33s/daytona so no idea what time it can do

I'm on in an hour or so...will give it a go for you if no-one faster has tried it
#2954 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 3:59:08 AM(UTC)
Thx, think i'm done with holyrood

tried the 250tr with traction control and without but no idea it all ends with 1:10.xxx now
 3 users liked this post.
#2955 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 4:16:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smoke5495 Go to Quoted Post
Just had probably my last run at this week’s in the 33 and managed to sneak ahead of Morph with a 1:08.652. Not sure I can get anymore out of this one now... but what a battle!

Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post

@FN and Smoke: Good jobs in getting those times in...doubt I'll be matching them...then again, I started the week thinking I only had a tenth or two more to find and am sitting here 2.1 seconds quicker!!

Definitely was a good battle and I surprised myself too!
#2956 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 6:05:14 AM(UTC)
I'm all over the place in the snow covered street race course... nearly seven seconds behind Grandma Driving in the same car, and he uses keyboard doesn't he?!
 2 users liked this post.
#2957 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 6:42:52 AM(UTC)
yes kb
-

Dark, Snow, Traffic, S2 -> Thx Jezza ;)

@fn try the spano
put every upgrade in except drift suspension and cage and keep the smaller 19" wheels its faster
using the offroad susp allows you to go offroad at 3rd chekpoint but normal works too
lost you at the u turn there was traffic

Edited by user Sunday, May 2, 2021 7:20:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2958 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 7:17:59 AM(UTC)
So, you know how every single time I say "Am sure I can't go quicker, no clue where to find time"? Yeah, I need to say that more often as it seems to help me...like a mantra "can't go quicker, can't go quicker, can't go quicker...ooooh, I just went quicker" lol

After equipping the Daytona with the right tune (yes, Rock's one), I was not really sold on it to start as it is not as stable as the 33S....definitely quicker but harder to maintain consistency. Anyway, manage to improve my PB time after lap 7 and, after binning a .3 run on the final major corner (hit the exit barrier), managed to run a 1:08.268! Given that it was scruffy in places, I can realistically say I think a 8 flat might be doable (I emphasise MIGHT). Now 23rd on the Global leaderboard and tying with scaans so a good day (and now 1.3 seconds faster than the next highest Auto driver). No clue when the cut-off time for entries is but I may run a few more laps later.

@PinkiePie: So, your tunes....I may not be the best person for testing tunes out but, anyway, tried both tunes..the Holyrood one, the best I managed was a dirty 1:11.1...the Road tune managed a clean 1:10.5. The Road tune is definitely the better of the 2 tunes. However, it really needs more front end to help it turn. The Top Speed of 7.4 is not really needed here...Rock's tune I used above only has a 6.9 top speed yet is much quicker than the 33S with a 7.0 top speed. No clue on how the tuning stuff works but, presumably, with a lower top speed number, you get more PI points for elsewhere? If you haven't tried Rock's tune on the Daytona, I'd definitely recommend it

Edited by user Sunday, May 2, 2021 7:19:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2959 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 7:32:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PinkiePie4997 Go to Quoted Post
yes kb
-

Dark, Snow, Traffic, S2 -> Thx Jezza ;)

@fn try the spano
put every upgrade in except drift suspension and cage and keep the smaller 19" wheels its faster
using the offroad susp allows you to go offroad at 3rd chekpoint but normal works too
lost you at the u turn there was traffic

Did I suggest you use the traffic disable method, the last time we did street races? You might have said you prefer not to use it, I don't remember now. But maybe it's worth reiterating for others, so they don't pull their hair out unnecessarily, unless they really want to do it the 'hard way'.
 1 user liked this post.
#2960 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 7:33:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Did I suggest you use the traffic disable method, the last time we did street races? You might have said you prefer not to use it, I don't remember now. But maybe it's worth reiterating for others, so they don't pull their hair out unnecessarily, unless they really want to do it the 'hard way'.

And the secrect method to turn snow off and light on? :D

Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post
@PinkiePie: So, your tunes....I may not be the best person for testing tunes out but, anyway, tried both tunes..the Holyrood one, the best I managed was a dirty 1:11.1...the Road tune managed a clean 1:10.5. The Road tune is definitely the better of the 2 tunes. However, it really needs more front end to help it turn. The Top Speed of 7.4 is not really needed here...Rock's tune I used above only has a 6.9 top speed yet is much quicker than the 33S with a 7.0 top speed. No clue on how the tuning stuff works but, presumably, with a lower top speed number, you get more PI points for elsewhere? If you haven't tried Rock's tune on the Daytona, I'd definitely recommend it

Thx, for testing
Trying the other tune on holyrood in few day's. atm i'm not able to get some "fast" clean run, tried on normal leaderboard with modern car but yeah it is dirty or 1:10.xxx

Edited by user Sunday, May 2, 2021 7:46:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2961 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 8:56:52 AM(UTC)
https://youtu.be/iGyM6sEfkl8

Grandma's run on Otleydale is in the second half of this video for those who want to see a top driver on this event.
 1 user liked this post.
#2962 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 9:08:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Aleriooon Go to Quoted Post

Grandma's run on Otleydale is in the second half of this video for those who want to see a top driver on this event.

Yikes, with traffic as well. Though if one had been in a really bad place it would have ruined the run, so although he complained about a couple of them, they were nowhere near as bad as they could have been.

I see he went dramatically off road a few times as well, that explains most of the time difference then, I wrongly assumed that going off road to that degree in snow with an S2 car would be slower.
 1 user liked this post.
#2963 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 9:37:16 AM(UTC)
At least to start out with, I'm giving myself a new restriction this week: I can only use a car if my current time is faster than the highest time on the leaderboard for that car. I've scrolled through the top 1400 or so times to note the top time for each car -- the bottom of the barrel is the James Bond DB10 so I guess that's my starting point (can only be tuned to about 950 PI). I'll have to get it going fast enough to "unlock" some better cars, wish me luck lol. Hoping to at least reach Ascari territory before giving up on this plan.

edit - may have overestimated the difficulty here. The line seems much more important than the car choice below the top of the leaderboard.

Edited by user Sunday, May 2, 2021 9:55:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2964 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 10:28:17 AM(UTC)
If you had told me at the start of the week that I would be disappointed not to be in the 1:07s, I would have laughed at you then recommended to lay off the alcohol!! 20 laps and I found 2 1/2 tenths to now be on 1:08.018. Tantalisingly close
#2965 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 10:45:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Ah interesting the GT WP is in this category as well.

Just had a quick run in this and an early 27th on the leaderboard. Don’t think it will challenge at the very top but might be able to make it the fastest non PO/Spano. RB033 tune.

I'm going to make a version with race suspension and lil less downforce and let you know when posted (well, if it is faster I will post otherwise no).
 1 user liked this post.
#2966 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 10:57:58 AM(UTC)
I’ve also squeezed a quarter of a second out of the Alfa at Holyrood - done now with 1:08.399, sort of glad I stick it out with this car now. Thanks for the battle this week!

Not sure how much time I’ll get this week, plus it’s out of my comfort zone in more ways than one. I’ll give it a go at some point I’m sure 🙂
15/15 = 93%
#2967 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 11:00:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Aleriooon Go to Quoted Post

Yikes, with traffic as well. Though if one had been in a really bad place it would have ruined the run, so although he complained about a couple of them, they were nowhere near as bad as they could have been.

I see he went dramatically off road a few times as well, that explains most of the time difference then, I wrongly assumed that going off road to that degree in snow with an S2 car would be slower.

I've done this race a couple times against grandmasters in ranked FFA and they took the exact same lines so I learned to follow them. It doesn't look or feel faster but it must be. I assume there's some pretty specifics tuning requirements for this run for those in the thread capable of doing so.
#2968 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 12:07:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RB033 Go to Quoted Post
Ah interesting the GT WP is in this category as well.

Just had a quick run in this and an early 27th on the leaderboard. Don’t think it will challenge at the very top but might be able to make it the fastest non PO/Spano. RB033 tune.

I'm going to make a version with race suspension and lil less downforce and let you know when posted (well, if it is faster I will post otherwise no).

And the answer is to keep Winter V1.2 tune... 2.01.4 so far, could break under 2.00 mayyyybe. Made mistakes on two different 2.01 clean runs.
Oh, and shift early for gears 1-3, but keep on 4 and 5 a bit longer.

Edited by user Sunday, May 2, 2021 12:09:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Possibly maybe

#2969 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 12:42:34 PM(UTC)
2.00.1 clean now - oh so close, it is definitely possible to hit 1.59 if not 1.58. I've shared a new tune (V1.3) with adjusted diff setting to help on the 'round bends'.
 4 users liked this post.
#2970 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 1:03:15 PM(UTC)
My final time for the week: 1:07.918.

Only took me another 55 laps of following Jezza's ghost....shows the power of that 250TR as I am ahead out of the final corner and yet end up 1.1 seconds behind.
#2971 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 7:54:40 PM(UTC)
Jezza has a clean 1.59.4, I had a 1.59.2 with rewinds, but looks very tough to get the rest of the way to world record.
 5 users liked this post.
#2972 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 2:29:22 AM(UTC)
Final results for Holyrood. A fascinating week with a lot of close battles on the leaderboard:

Jezza - 1.06.800 (250 TR)
Aleriooon - 1.07.074 (Daytona)
Bedlam - 1.07.203 (Daytona)
Morph - 1.07.918 (Daytona)
Smoke - 1.08.399 (33S)
Odessa - 1.08.418 (Daytona)
RB033 - 1.08.540 (300S)
FN - 1.08.549 (Daytona)
Spiko - 1.09.094 (Daytona)
Rex - 1.09.269 (33S)
PABO - 1.09.399 (Daytona)
Pinkie - 1.09.703 (33S)
Pointi - 1.09.878 (33S)
Matteo - 1.10.137 (33S)
Runruss - 1.10.201 (33S)
Ziperr - 1.10.438 (P4)
Rat Catcha - 1.10.504 (#2 GT40)
Squryl - 1.10.554 (33S)
El Barto - 1.10.650 (Daytona)
Percy - 1.10.754 (TZ2)
Hanson - 1.11.638 (TZ2)
Potbox - 1.11.772 (250 GTO)
Cake - 1.12.439 (GT40)
Mort - 1.13.273 (TZ2)

Ultimately, the Daytona proved the best AWD option - only just off my time in the Ferrari. Looking at the main leaderboard for A class, I’m fairly sure that Aleriooon’s time would be the fastest AWD time on that board. A fun week.
 1 user liked this post.
#2973 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 2:50:07 AM(UTC)
Agreed, that was a fun week...an awesome first event to take part in. Thanks to Jezza for his fast ghost to chase (resulted in quite a few PB runs) and thank you to Smoke, Odessa, RB and FN for the continual improvements which pushed me to go faster than I thought possible as well as pushing me to 11th on the Global Leaderboard (I really want 10th but another 2 tenths is beyond me, though I will still keep trying...plenty of time to try this week as I won't be doing a huge number of runs as I am always next to useless on snow).

Edited by user Monday, May 3, 2021 3:00:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2974 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 3:12:18 AM(UTC)
Now equal 2nd on this weeks leaderboard with 1.59.152. I suspect the WR is just about possible with a perfect run.
#2975 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 3:31:29 AM(UTC)
Now equal 2nd on this weeks leaderboard with 1.59.152. I suspect the WR is just about possible with a perfect run.

Excellent time there....think I'm only aboput 7 seconds behind!!

This is one of those events where using the automatic gearbox seems to be a a severe handicap
123 Pages<<117118119120121>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error