128 Pages<<110111112113114>>PrevNext
#2776 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 12:43:49 PM(UTC)
After much trying, I can't go any quicker in the Hoonigan. I can go a bit quicker at two points including the first corner where I can get a car length ahead, and on the early part of the dirt section. But other than that it's a very tough time to beat (even though professors Jezza and Bedlam have done so, but only just, and I'm not as good as they are. I'm assuming they are using the same tune as me?).
 1 user liked this post.
#2777 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 1:04:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
After much trying, I can't go any quicker in the Hoonigan. I can go a bit quicker at two points including the first corner where I can get a car length ahead, and on the early part of the dirt section. But other than that it's a very tough time to beat (even though professors Jezza and Bedlam have done so, but only just, and I'm not as good as they are. I'm assuming they are using the same tune as me?).

My current time was indeed set with the ANG3LR1PP3R tune. I've since started working on a custom tune, but I'm not seeing much room to make any significant changes. I think my absolute ceiling with the Hoon RS200 would be around 1:29.8, since my best effort so far was a barely-dirty 1:29.979 and there was a bit of room for improvement. But, I am feeling absolutely trolled by this track, mostly the turn over the little hill just before the two jumps, so I dunno how much more time I will spend here. With that said, I did find the RS200 itself pretty fun to drive -- believe it or not, I didn't already have one and had to snag one off the auction house.
#2778 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 1:42:07 PM(UTC)

Chased your 1:30:299
It's your slowest dirtsection...
Delaying in first corner to be right on your back (bumper/bumper)
After the sheep it's 1/2 car then your speed is faster in the long right you are 2 car lengths in front
but then on entry to dirt you are slowing down alot i'm overtaking there (it was always the point where the distance gets bigger before)
and then no idea its 1 car diff max and u'r driving through the water it slows you down again, overtook another time before last right turn where end roadsection begins
i think it was your slowest dirtsection (atleast the ghosts i've chased)

it's also diff angle entering the dirtsection
your car was flying in on right side (checkointflag) in other runs and then gone now it's on left side

Edited by user Wednesday, April 21, 2021 1:51:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2779 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 2:06:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PinkiePie4997 Go to Quoted Post

After the sheep it's 1/2 car then your speed is faster in the long right you are 2 car lengths in front
but then on entry to dirt you are slowing down alot i'm overtaking there (it was always the point where the distance gets bigger before)
and then no idea its 1 car diff max and u'r driving through the water it slows you down again, overtook another time before last right turn where end roadsection begins

your car was flying in on right side (checkointflag) in other runs and then gone now it's on left side

Your attention to detail and memory of that stuff is impressive, I would never know any of that otherwise. It's funny how often I end up doing my fastest rivals times when I've done a particular section worse than I usually do it, which is pretty frustrating. It's like good I went faster, but it could and should have been better! I'm still pretty happy with the time though, to be close to the top drivers.
#2780 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 2:15:38 PM(UTC)

Your attention to detail and memory of that stuff is impressive, I would never know any of that otherwise. It's funny how often I end up doing my fastest rivals times when I've done a particular section worse than I usually do it, which is pretty frustrating. It's like good I went faster, but it could and should have been better! I'm still pretty happy with the time though, to be close to the top drivers.

are you chasing own ghosts? it helps me
but think my fastest times are after starting fresh without playing before
doing 30+ laps my times getting slower over time

#2781 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 2:37:29 PM(UTC)
I've been chasing my own, also Bedlam and Jezza. The corner I'm having most trouble with is the one after the final jump, learning to do it consistently right is tough. It has to be got right or it's useless, unlike the rest of the course where there is some room for variance.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 21, 2021 2:38:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2782 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 4:00:43 PM(UTC)
Switched to the Lola and reduced my time to 1.29.2. I’ll have a run against Dev’s ghost tomorrow and see if I can find another tenth or two. My time is using KapienPL’s tune.
 4 users liked this post.
#2783 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 4:42:35 PM(UTC)
Leaderboard so far. RS200 unless stated:

Jezza - 1.29.256 (Lola)
Aleriooon - 1.29.656 (Mustang DD)
Bedlam - 1.30.155
FullNietzsche - 1.30.299
Smoke - 1.30.774
Odessa - 1.30.874
Pointi - 1.31.076
Pinkie - 1.31.892
El Barto - 1.32.889
Spiko - 1.33.193
Squryl - 1.33.844 (Lola)
Runruss - 1.34.261
Matteo - 1.35.562 (Lola)
Mort - 1.35.662
Hanson - 1.41.301 (8C FE)
PABO - 1.35.531 (Mustang DD) * not clean
#2784 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 5:19:01 PM(UTC)
Ran a dirty 1:29.4 (rewind on the first jump) so I know there's a little more time to get, but I don't think the Mustang can beat the Dev or now Jezza in the Lola.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 21, 2021 5:19:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2785 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 6:35:19 AM(UTC)
Had a little more time on this last night but struggled with the Lola - the RS200 is certainly an easier drive. Got back in it and matched my previous time to the thousandth of a second which was frustrating! I've been chasing FN's ghost and can get ahead at different points on different laps, just can't seem to get one joined up. That's probably it from me unless I hit some luck before it ends :)
15/15 = 93%
 2 users liked this post.
#2786 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 10:14:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Switched to the Lola and reduced my time to 1.29.2. I’ll have a run against Dev’s ghost tomorrow and see if I can find another tenth or two. My time is using KapienPL’s tune.

Congrats Jezza on the new number 1 time 👍👍

I did a 1:30.117 with the RS200 but had a little touch on a wall 😩😫
 3 users liked this post.
#2787 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 6:00:01 PM(UTC)
Shaved off a little over 0.2 and am down to 1:29.423 now, I haven't watched it back to see where my gains were. I actually messed up the turn after the second jump by a little bit, 1:29.3 is possible (I did one dirty with a rewind) but every 0.1 is hard fought at this point. I gave the Lola a brief try with a tune by Scaans, it's so different from the Mustang that I'd rather try and see how low I can go with the DD than learn a new car for this track at this point.

I'm a little surprised no one has given the 33 Stradale a whirl here, I frankly expected to switch to it after maxing out the potential of the Mustang but it's performed beyond my expectations so I haven't felt the need to switch. Edit: it's too understeery on the pavement, Lola is faster for twitchy options and Hoonigan is significantly more forgiving.

This track is really good, one of my favourites in the game after this week. A great combination of tarmac and dirt with some technical sections but nothing luck based. Hairpins, high speed corners, jump turns, undulating terrain requiring good racing lines to navigate...Hey Forza devs, put the DLC tracks in multiplayer!!!

Edited by user Friday, April 23, 2021 6:07:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2788 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 8:44:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Aleriooon Go to Quoted Post
Hey Forza devs, put the DLC tracks in multiplayer!!!

And Blueprints/CustomRoutes in TimeTrial...
(all the wishes in forum... new fh becomes best fh ever :D)

#2789 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 9:14:04 PM(UTC)
Hey Forza devs, put the DLC tracks in multiplayer!!!

🏆👍🏼

One of the biggest makes mistakes they made was omitting DLC multiplayer for Ranked, smh.

Edited by user Friday, April 23, 2021 9:33:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
#2790 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 11:09:08 PM(UTC)
I've improved to 1:29.277 in the Lola (custom tune shared as "S1 Dirt 1.1"). Here's a streamable for anyone curious about what it looks like from a wheel user's point of view:

https://streamable.com/6sddrq

I made some mistakes towards the beginning and end, but the fence brake, the two jumps, and the turn before the jumps were about as good as I can do, so I'm not sure I'll be able to beat this.
#2791 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 12:15:00 AM(UTC)
Great job with a wheel Bedlam - I was using one for a while until I had to pack it away due to needing a home office, so appreciate just how good a run this is 👍🏻
15/15 = 93%
#2792 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 12:21:27 AM(UTC)
I'm a little surprised no one has given the 33 Stradale a whirl here, I frankly expected to switch to it after maxing out the potential of the Mustang but it's performed beyond my expectations so I haven't felt the need to switch. Edit: it's too understeery on the pavement, Lola is faster for twitchy options and Hoonigan is significantly more forgiving.

I tried it early on and quickly came to the same conclusion, clearly it is capable of a top time as its appearance on the leaderboard proves, but it takes much more effort than the other cars.
#2793 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 12:39:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BedlamBorealis Go to Quoted Post
I've improved to 1:29.277 in the Lola (custom tune shared as "S1 Dirt 1.1"). Here's a streamable for anyone curious about what it looks like from a wheel user's point of view:

https://streamable.com/6sddrq

I made some mistakes towards the beginning and end, but the fence brake, the two jumps, and the turn before the jumps were about as good as I can do, so I'm not sure I'll be able to beat this.

How???
Try'd FH4 many times with wheel...
It's fine on road but if 1 wheel touches dirt the ffb is 0 and car slides away no way to catch it

With Controller: https://streamable.com/pxii29
It keeps "stable" and fine to catch no matter what speed

With Wheel: https://streamable.com/qpirtm
It starts to slide and no way to control until slide is finished (happens also at lower speeds)

---
Best lap with rs200+wheel is 1:33.060

Edited by user Saturday, April 24, 2021 6:08:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2794 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 1:16:37 AM(UTC)
I've improved to 1:29.277 in the Lola (custom tune shared as "S1 Dirt 1.1")

Both your tunes are called S1 Dirt, I assume the newer one is the one you mean but it isn't called 1.1.
 1 user liked this post.
#2795 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 7:53:35 AM(UTC)
I've improved to 1:29.277 in the Lola (custom tune shared as "S1 Dirt 1.1")

Both your tunes are called S1 Dirt, I assume the newer one is the one you mean but it isn't called 1.1.

Ah, sorry. Evidently when it says saving over an old tune will unshare the old tune, that's a complete lie, and renaming doesn't update a shared tune. Should be fixed now, though the newer one was indeed the one I was using.

How???
Try'd FH4 many times with wheel...
It's fine on road but if 1 wheel touches dirt the ffb is 0 and car slides away no way to catch it

I'm sure it varies from wheel to wheel, but FWIW my settings for G25:
Steering axis deadzone inside: 5
Steering axis deadzone outside: 30
Steering linearity: 50
Vibration scale: 50
Force feedback scale: 42
Center spring scale: 100
Wheel damper scale: 100
Force feedback understeer: 40
Force feedback minimum force: 43
Steering sensitivity: 0
(outside the game in the Logitech profiler) Degrees of Rotation: 360
#2796 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 1:17:42 PM(UTC)

I'm sure it varies from wheel to wheel, but FWIW my settings for G25:
Steering axis deadzone inside: 5
Steering axis deadzone outside: 30
Steering linearity: 50
Vibration scale: 50
Force feedback scale: 42
Center spring scale: 100
Wheel damper scale: 100
Force feedback understeer: 40
Force feedback minimum force: 43
Steering sensitivity: 0
(outside the game in the Logitech profiler) Degrees of Rotation: 360

Interesting settings. 25% of 360°?
I like the 900° in this game it gives the finecontrol hard todo with controller
Car is able todo highway with max 1° steeringinput like my real car

Fiddled around with my settings today think i've found the issue
After changing something i have to reconnect the wheel then fh applies the setting without everything feels same
My understeer value is now 100% this keeps the car "stable" but transition from road/dirt to grass is bit tricky
But lower ffbscale/min force helped it's 42/25 now, not perfect but for the first time playable
There is no Steering sensitivity setting here, no idea why everyone has this setting

Telemetry shows full 900° here but known issues has
- Wheel rotation angle stuck at 270 when using a wheel.
means something is broken anyway

Edited by user Saturday, April 24, 2021 1:25:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2797 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 3:48:06 PM(UTC)
Played around with some cars
Lola is faster on road but slower on dirt (compared to rs200) but with diff gearing the rs200 can be faster
Fastest overall was exocet after jump touch brake and it's in correct position between water/fence same for other jump keep right and touch brake and it goes around corner (you get a feel for it) faster on road too but cant handle it there so no idea what finaltime can be achieved (tune was some random search class s1 then "s1 offroad grip" 2nd or 3rd in results)
#2798 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2021 2:35:13 AM(UTC)
For next week, let’s go to Holyrood Park Circuit (I know it’s FN’s favourite!). Let’s do the Rivals Challenge event - A class classic racers.
#2799 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2021 4:23:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
For next week, let’s go to Holyrood Park Circuit (I know it’s FN’s favourite!). Let’s do the Rivals Challenge event - A class classic racers.

Ha, I do seem to struggle on this course a bit. It's good to be back on firm ground though, and there are some good cars to choose from in this category.
#2800 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2021 5:59:59 AM(UTC)
Yikes, I always struggle with Holyrood.
128 Pages<<110111112113114>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error