109 Pages<<104105106107108>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#2626 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 2:52:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Pointi1978 Go to Quoted Post

Congrats on that one. I am on WittyJoeys Tune aswell at the moment. The Ranked CC V1.4 is almost undrieveable for me.

But I cant get a clean run in. Love how the game sometimes just marks your run because landing a jump.
And the second jump into the small water passage will kill me someday (or my joypad)

Thanks, yes I tried that 1.4 tune but wasn't impressed. I mean it's probably a good tune for the right course but not this one I think.

Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
FN - Wednesday - Monday : Yeah, not really interested in Cross Country. I’ll sit this week out.

FN - Tuesday : I’ll just have a few goes. Oh, did I go first? 😂.

Ok, you’ll have to go a bit quicker FN. I’ve switched to the RAM.

Ha, well it was the other one I have the main issue with and I'm not going to try and set a proper time there. I initially had a bad impression of the Lego one too because of the jumps and all the Lego pieces / street furniture everywhere but after another look I realised it was actually very simple, you just need the jump RNG gods to be in your favour.

I didn't expect to hold the top spot but I thought it might be for longer than five minutes :p We can see the car can go 3+ seconds faster though. I tried the RAM previously with a few tunes as it did well at B class but it seemed sluggish with the tunes I tried. I will try it again though.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 30, 2021 2:55:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2627 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 4:21:01 PM(UTC)
Hit a 2:11.5 and a 2:11.4 but after finishing the event my time still stands as 2:11.6.
I am done. I dont know why both times did not register. Maybe hitting "retry" after the 2 PBs wasnt the best idea.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 30, 2021 4:22:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#2628 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 8:57:31 PM(UTC)
My first ever rivals top 10 at whitewater falls in Bedlam's Hummer tune - Thanks mate!

One of the superfast drivers has to be capable of going sub 42 and sniping that top spot.
 1 user liked this post.
#2629 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:58:54 AM(UTC)
Nearly went quicker on the Lego track but managed to hit some of the multitude of Lego pieces strewn everywhere just before the water near the end, and it slowed me down too much.
#2630 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 6:29:30 AM(UTC)
Has anyone had any success at finding a RAM which matches the power of Muecke (and presumably Rocklxd but I haven’t tried his ghost)? The only I used for a 2.08 is substantially slower (I think it was Tdu1platinummod’s).
#2631 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 6:48:48 AM(UTC)
Great time Bedlam 👍. Is that using a wheel? I’ll have some attempts to chase that down later.

Welcome back Sprungboss. Nice time given lack of practice. I’m sure you’ll be on pace in no time if you are going to stick around for a bit!

Yeah in past year i havent play racing games almost at all. My first runs was terrible those was like 1.54 lol. I feel that my tune is great on straights but either me or car is not good enough in corners and with one rewind i was able to do 1.44 now need to just do that cleanly.
#2632 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 10:07:11 AM(UTC)
Has anyone had any success at finding a RAM which matches the power of Muecke (and presumably Rocklxd but I haven’t tried his ghost)? The only I used for a 2.08 is substantially slower (I think it was Tdu1platinummod’s).

TDU's tune seems similar performance to your ghost but it apparently isn't the same one because you have the spare tyre / roof lights and his tune doesn't.

I would also love to know what tune Rocklxd is using as it's fast but he seems to have little problem turning either. I mean there are huge horsepower tunes I tried but they don't grip or turn very well.

The RAM is ten times easier to drive than the X-class on this course. I went a few tenths quicker in that earlier but that was after dozens of failed attempts.

I used GreetedDust's tune for B class where it's competitive but his A class equivalent tune is too slow unfortunately.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 31, 2021 10:10:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2633 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 1:00:54 PM(UTC)
For next week, some S2 driving at Lakehurst Copse Circuit. I suspect the CCGT will be popular, but I’m not going to ban it. None of us are currently in the top 1000.
#2634 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 1:10:21 PM(UTC)
FN - I only tried TDU’s and GD’s last night, so it must be GD then!
#2635 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 1:12:25 PM(UTC)
2:09.904 with the X-Class at the Lego Track, Mountain Foot Tuning. Again, made a few minor errors, but I am pleased with myself and now every improvement would be a bonus.

Tried the Ram aswell with the Tuning "A Class Offroad" from proferrari2k17 and the tuning is very fast and can keep up with #1 but I cant handle the breaking balance of the tuning with my joypad and its a little too tail heavy that I could handle it, backend of the car often starts spinning out. I have old hands after all XD Maybe jezza should give this a try. I managed it with this tuning being right behind #1 until the jump into the water, and I found a very fast lane there, sadly too fast it seems so I hit the bridge over the water... did this trick 3 times...

For next week, some S2 driving at Lakehurst Copse Circuit. I suspect the CCGT will be popular, but I’m not going to ban it. None of us are currently in the top 1000.

Heyyyy... just said... old hands... S2 will very likely be too fast for me to handle. But we will see :)
Whats the german name of this track? Lakehurst, Wäldchen? 3.3 kilometers?

Edited by user Wednesday, March 31, 2021 1:16:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2636 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 1:19:51 PM(UTC)
I know my Lakehurst time was outside the top 1,000 but that represented a serious effort from me believe it or not! I just tried again and improved by a hair but still only 1,096th. There might be a better CCGT tune for this track perhaps. edit - switched to 720S PO, up to 933rd and top 6%!

Edited by user Wednesday, March 31, 2021 2:49:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2637 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 1:23:46 PM(UTC)
I tried Bedlam's Hummer tune for Whitewater, and it's certainly fast, but I found it very hard to do a clean run with it. I think it's the car rather than the tune, as another tune I tried was even harder to keep stable. I used GreetedDust's MB, and found it much easier to keep stable, but it still wasn't easy to beat Squryl's ghost, which seemed to be using a lighter weight tune. I stopped after beating Squryl's time by a few tenths.
 1 user liked this post.
#2638 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 1:32:56 PM(UTC)
Tried the Ram aswell with the Tuning "A Class Offroad" from proferrari2k17 and the tuning is very fast and can keep up with #1 but I cant handle the breaking balance of the tuning with my joypad and its a little too tail heavy that I could handle it, backend of the car often starts spinning out. I have old hands after all XD Maybe jezza should give this a try. I managed it with this tuning being right behind #1 until the jump into the water, and I found a very fast lane there, sadly too fast it seems so I hit the bridge over the water... did this trick 3 times...

Just tried that, it's undrivable for me, if you can keep up with #1 you're a better driver than I am. (Even over the first few turns.)

Edited by user Wednesday, March 31, 2021 1:39:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2639 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 1:45:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

Just tried that, it's undrivable for me, if you can keep up with #1 you're a better driver than I am. (Even over the first few turns.)

Well... keep up means I can still see him XD
No, joking aside, I may have been within 1 second of his ghost until the water passage
 1 user liked this post.
#2640 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 1:52:43 PM(UTC)
I just tried the X-class against the #1 ghost and it is actually simple enough to keep up with it up to and through the first turn but after that it pulls away. Still, that's more than I can do with the RAM.

I give up on that now, it's too random to improve further. Too dependent on the one in ten times you get a suitable bounce which doesn't leave you pointing slightly the wrong way / scrub off too much speed / dirty the run. You have a few of those on each run, they ALL need to go your way, so you get to the point where you need to throw three sixes in a row with a dice, regardless of how well you drive it. Driving it perfectly just gets the dice in your hand.
 3 users liked this post.
#2641 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 1:54:44 PM(UTC)
I closed to within a tenth or so of TDU at Whitewater. I’ll have a proper attempt at beating it over the long weekend, as it should be doable. I probably need a solid hour on it though as the finesse to keep the Hummer straight is tricky and it takes me 15-20 minutes to get up to speed.
 1 user liked this post.
#2642 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 2:00:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I know my Lakehurst time was outside the top 1,000 but that represented a serious effort from me believe it or not! I just tried again and improved by a hair but still only 1,096th. There might be a better CCGT tune for this track perhaps.

Did not want to see any CC Tracks anymore, so I gave this a try. Took me 4 rounds to even get a clean lap in XD
Too slow hands for S2. This is going to be fun :)

1 user liked this post.
#2643 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:31:26 PM(UTC)
Before you close off the CCs I need to try the hummer and then lego course, latest in the morning. Is Open Top equal to H1?
 1 user liked this post.
#2644 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:36:07 PM(UTC)
Gave Lakehurst Copse 5 laps and set a 50.884 for now. Haven't been on in a number of days and I only tried the Lego CC track for about 45 mins last week so I'm going to give that another go tonight.

2:07.995, as FN says this track is largely about RNG after you learn the ideal lines. There's plenty more time there (I can beat Rocklxd to the waterway through town by a truck length on my best run, but I fell apart in the second half both times I did it) but it requires more patience than I have to go for the top time.

I'm using a tune by shixinghui with 1356 HP weighing 5195 lbs...most certainly a power build.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 31, 2021 8:06:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2645 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 5:53:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RB033 Go to Quoted Post
Before you close off the CCs I need to try the hummer and then lego course, latest in the morning. Is Open Top equal to H1?

The Hummers are fairly close as one might expect, with lots of overlap in utility. H1 more offroad spint and speed, OT more circuit and handling (I'm sure there are exceptions). A particular strength of one does not preclude the usefulness of the other from same area.

– Doesn't read quite as helpful as it sounded in my head; sry.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 31, 2021 6:33:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Every train needs a caboose, right?
 1 user liked this post.
#2646 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 6:45:26 PM(UTC)
Just did a 2:08.206 to jump ahead of Jezza at Legoland. I've just re-shared my RAM tune as "V12 Experimental". There is probably a similar tune out there with better handling, but the key seems to be V12 swap with fully upgraded twin turbo, race transmission, and full weight reduction.
 2 users liked this post.
#2647 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 7:15:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RB033 Go to Quoted Post

Did my best up to the point where I'd pull my hair out if I had any. Cheers!
 3 users liked this post.
#2648 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 10:00:08 PM(UTC)
After using the CCGT for Lakehurst Copse, I re-visited Derwent Reservoir Trail with it. Tried rocklxd's race tyre tune first, and did 2:10 for 11th place. Moved on to his rally tyres (wet) tune, and eventually did 2:09 with that for 8th. So I was wrong about race tyres being faster, and RIP the RAESR.
 1 user liked this post.
#2649 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 11:37:25 PM(UTC)
Had my first crack at the Lego cc last night for an hour or so - I'd forgotten just how frustrating these can be. How you guys have stuck at it for a week is beyond me, I feel I had enough from one sitting! Finally got a joined up run together but I think I've since been pushed a bit further down the leaderboard having caught up on the last few posts. Good job everyone!
15/15 = 93%
 4 users liked this post.
#2650 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 2:31:51 AM(UTC)
Very nice times guys 👍. Congratulations to Aleriooon for winning the Lego event. I’ll post leaderboards tonight.
109 Pages<<104105106107108>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error