109 Pages<<103104105106107>>PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#2601 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 1:11:46 AM(UTC)
Uh oh. Not picking sides here Squryl but there is nothing inherently suspicious about Pointi1978's times. If anyone has any doubts, check out his ghosts on Horizon festival circuit where he is quicker than me and very competitive using A. But as he says, because it's had a lot of times set, he is still down in the hundreds (like most of us are, or in my case 1024 at S1 for example) simply because it has 75k times but the CC tracks have far fewer.

On the CC track in question, a number of people (known legit players) have set top times using M which suggests A isn't a significant handicap versus M+C like it would be on a typical road course (in these vehicles).

I just tried it ... first run, 7 seconds slower. 1:53.182, auto.

Second run, 1:56, M+C. Faster off the line but got bad RNG bounces.

Edited by user Sunday, March 28, 2021 1:43:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2602 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 2:54:47 AM(UTC)
There’s nothing suspicious I can see about Pointi’s time. It’s definitely possible to do that time in Auto and he’s right that he makes one fairly major mistake and a couple of minor ones. Looks to just be good driving 👍.

Edited by user Sunday, March 28, 2021 2:55:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2603 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 4:31:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
I played about with the new RAESR a bit. On the face of it, it seems terrible, as you can't make it hit 900 or 998 PI. However, I ended up making it into a 971 PI rally tyre build, and managed some respectable rivals performances. I did Tarn Hows Scramble, Broadway Village Scramble, and the one near the end of the list whose name I can't remember that is almost entirely tarmac till a bit of dirt after a left turn at the end. I was able to beat FN's Hoonigan RS200 times for the last two, think I was 50th-60th for both of them, and I was 100th for Tarn Hows. The tune is shared if anyone wants to try it. There were very few times for those events by people on my friends list, so they could be possible future events for this thread.

The last one is Derwent Reservoir trail. You beat my F50 GT time. I just tried again and improved a bit but I can't beat you. The F50 is well ahead until the dirt when it basically becomes almost uncontrollable whether due to the tyres or firm suspension or both. So you catch up and pass me while my faster car is bouncing around like its tyres have been replaced with pogo sticks :p

Just improved on Broadway Village a bit to retake the place though. (Not that my time is terribly competitive for a meta car, I know. Someone else has gone 2.4s faster with it.)

Edited by user Sunday, March 28, 2021 4:49:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2604 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 4:40:30 AM(UTC)
The lead time is Krepiis flying along in the Rocklxd CCGT (wet version) so you may want to try that FN.

Well, I’m assuming it’s the wet version. Could be the dry I guess depending on how much time gain/loss there is on the tarmac section. He’ll definitely be using one of Rocklxd’s though.

Edited by user Sunday, March 28, 2021 4:42:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2605 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 4:59:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
The lead time is Krepiis flying along in the Rocklxd CCGT (wet version) so you may want to try that FN.

Well, I’m assuming it’s the wet version. Could be the dry I guess depending on how much time gain/loss there is on the tarmac section. He’ll definitely be using one of Rocklxd’s though.

Just tried that and went a bit quicker with his wet 1.3 tune, I have no idea how Krepiis is 11 seconds quicker though. I don't think he is using a tune like that as it doesn't seem fast enough, but who knows.
 1 user liked this post.
#2606 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 7:59:47 AM(UTC)
Just had a quick go against his ghost. He is using the Rocklxd wet tune, he’s just very fast.
 1 user liked this post.
#2607 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 8:11:38 AM(UTC)
He certainly is. I just tried again and got near your Apollo time but still 8.7 seconds behind him.
 1 user liked this post.
#2608 Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2021 8:23:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
The last one is Derwent Reservoir trail. You beat my F50 GT time. I just tried again and improved a bit but I can't beat you. The F50 is well ahead until the dirt when it basically becomes almost uncontrollable whether due to the tyres or firm suspension or both. So you catch up and pass me while my faster car is bouncing around like its tyres have been replaced with pogo sticks :p

Yes, I remembered afterwards you were in the F50GT, it was other ghosts I raced against that were in the Hoonigan RS200. I suspect race tyres are actually quicker for that track, especially with the RAESR where it isn't hitting the PI limit either way. The thing I don't understand is why the RAESR has cripplingly bad low speed acceleration, it's not what you expect from an electric car.
 1 user liked this post.
#2609 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 6:23:38 AM(UTC)
Any tuning suggestions for the X-Class for Legoland Falcon Speedway CC ?
The Hummer and I will not become good friends I guess...
#2610 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 9:18:23 AM(UTC)
Just tried a few more runs on Derwent Reservoir trail with the CCGT. I managed to wrestle it to go a second faster with Rocklxd's wet 1.3 tune but the car is very unruly on the tarmac section. I then tried his other wet tune which has the same stats and it is notably better behaved and I went another second faster despite messing up one corner quite a bit. (It's easier but still tricky compared to the top S2 cars with race tyres like the F50 GT or 599 XX E, but they become useless on the dirt. I even tried the latter with TCS on which helped but I still got overtaken by Jezza's ghost in the end.)

Another run, 2:13.6 for 18th. 6 seconds off what the car can do. As for what I can do, my best would probably be a second faster, but I'll leave it there.

Edited by user Monday, March 29, 2021 9:30:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2611 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 11:39:15 AM(UTC)
Long break so i seem to be really rusty but i hit 1.47.774 with x-class.
 3 users liked this post.
#2612 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 2:04:56 PM(UTC)
After an embarrassing number of attempts, I jumped in front of Jezza on Whitewater Falls with a 1:42.705. I had to update my tune to lengthen the gears a bit, my time is using the one I have shared as "A CC v2". I might try playing around with some other tunes but I'm satisfied with that time.
 2 users liked this post.
#2613 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 10:11:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
Long break so i seem to be really rusty but i hit 1.47.774 with x-class.

Great, now I see ghosts not only in the rivals, but in the forum too.

PS. Welcome back! :)
#2614 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 2:31:58 AM(UTC)
Great time Bedlam 👍. Is that using a wheel? I’ll have some attempts to chase that down later.

Welcome back Sprungboss. Nice time given lack of practice. I’m sure you’ll be on pace in no time if you are going to stick around for a bit!
#2615 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 8:58:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Great time Bedlam 👍. Is that using a wheel? I’ll have some attempts to chase that down later.

I am still using the wheel (an ancient Logitech G25). I'm not sure it is much of a disadvantage on this track, since there aren't many sharp steering inputs required and I've set up the wheel to only use a fraction of the available rotation anyway. The in-car camera might be the bigger disadvantage -- I ran into trees on the passenger side more times than I'd like to admit!

I did try the WittyJoey tune for the Hummer that you mentioned, and I was able to do a clean 1:43.096 after a handful of attempts, so my guess is that tune can go as fast as mine with practice.
 1 user liked this post.
#2616 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 9:44:29 AM(UTC)
Current LB for Whitewater Falls - A Class

Bedlam - 1.42.705 (Hummer)
Jezza - 1.43.103 (X Class)
Alerioon - 1.44.338 (X Class)
BigPercy - 1.44.872 (Hummer)
Pointi - 1.45.314 (X Class)
Squryl - 1.46.190 (X Class)
RB - 1.47.020 (Macan 19)
PABO - 1.47.307 (X Class)
Spiko - 1.47.641 (X Class)
Sprungboss - 1.47.875 (X Class)
Runruss - 1.48.041 (X Class)
Odessa - 1.49.243 (X Class)
Penguin - 1.50.577 (X Class)
Potbox - 1.50.994 (Titan FE)
Cake - 1.52.045 (Lambo LM002)
Radient - 1.52.654 (Macan 19)
FN - 1.53.182 (X Class)
Matteo - 1.54.181 (Trackhawk)
Mort - 1.57.618 (ZR2)
 1 user liked this post.
#2617 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 9:53:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Pointi1978 Go to Quoted Post

Anyone? I have tried several, light ones, heavy ones, they're all fast enough but become uncontrollably bouncy, won't turn or roll over. I tried the lower classes and didn't have this problem with other cars. The X-class is supposed to be the OP daddy right? So what tune makes it behave like it?
 1 user liked this post.
#2618 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 10:46:05 AM(UTC)
1.42.4 in the Hummer, using Bedlam’s tune. My eye hurts today so I’m not going to run anymore tonight but WR looks theoretically possible I think.
#2619 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 10:50:20 AM(UTC)
I haven’t tried the Lego in the X Class but I’d have thought you’ll probably be using the ones I’d recommend. GreetedDust8’s “better springs” (or something similar) is the one I use for ranked. As above, WittyJoey’s was the fastest at Whitewater.
 1 user liked this post.
#2620 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 11:14:55 AM(UTC)
Just realised i have not had a rant this week, well that i can remember anyway, so........Nah too tired but i will say i am changing my game name to M0rt4L"cantdriveacleanlap"C0iL :)
 1 user liked this post.
#2621 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 11:33:05 AM(UTC)
I've been chasing Squryl's ghost on the Lego track, it is much slower acceleration than the obvious tunes (already tried the GreetedDust one earlier as well as Witty Joey) but he pulls ahead at the jump where you go into the water channel and then he's gone. Every time. I imagine the tunes I'm using are probably capable of doing it, but I also expect there is a better one for this specific course.

(Also Squryl is using auto, and me M+C.)

Edited by user Tuesday, March 30, 2021 11:35:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2622 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 1:06:12 PM(UTC)

Anyone? I have tried several, light ones, heavy ones, they're all fast enough but become uncontrollably bouncy, won't turn or roll over. I tried the lower classes and didn't have this problem with other cars. The X-class is supposed to be the OP daddy right? So what tune makes it behave like it?

I used Rocklxd's "Ranked CC V1.4" tune for my Lego time, and I used his lightweight (without offroad tires though) "M/C test" tune for my Whitewater time. The Ram Powerwagon is just as capable on the Lego track but a little harder to drive, I forget whose tune I had downloaded. I don't find the X Class to be very forgiving either but it's certainly the fastest all around option. I find the Ranger Raptor significantly more forgiving, albeit with a lower ceiling for potential times.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 30, 2021 1:06:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2623 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 1:20:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Aleriooon Go to Quoted Post

I used Rocklxd's "Ranked CC V1.4" tune for my Lego time, and I used his lightweight (without offroad tires though) "M/C test" tune for my Whitewater time. The Ram Powerwagon is just as capable on the Lego track but a little harder to drive, I forget whose tune I had downloaded. I don't find the X Class to be very forgiving either but it's certainly the fastest all around option. I find the Ranger Raptor significantly more forgiving, albeit with a lower ceiling for potential times.

Thanks, I will give those a try. Compared to the other CC course this week, the Lego one is relatively straightforward so I feel I should be able to set a fair time... I think.

edit - two more tries and did 10th with Witty Joey's mountain tune.

And now 6th, same tune.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 30, 2021 2:06:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2624 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 2:32:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Aleriooon Go to Quoted Post

Thanks, I will give those a try. Compared to the other CC course this week, the Lego one is relatively straightforward so I feel I should be able to set a fair time... I think.

edit - two more tries and did 10th with Witty Joey's mountain tune.

And now 6th, same tune.

Congrats on that one. I am on WittyJoeys Tune aswell at the moment. The Ranked CC V1.4 is almost undrieveable for me.

But I cant get a clean run in. Love how the game sometimes just marks your run because landing a jump.
And the second jump into the small water passage will kill me someday (or my joypad)

4 users liked this post.
#2625 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 2:35:57 PM(UTC)
FN - Wednesday - Monday : Yeah, not really interested in Cross Country. I’ll sit this week out.

FN - Tuesday : I’ll just have a few goes. Oh, did I go first? 😂.

Ok, you’ll have to go a bit quicker FN. I’ve switched to the RAM. Lego Lb:

Jezza - 2.08.829 (RAM)
FN - 2.09.399 (X Class)
Aleriooon. - 2.09.963 (X Class)
Bedlam - 2.10.172 (Hummer)
Squryl - 2.10.814 (X Class)
Pointi - 2.11.603 (X Class)
Ziperr - 2.12.819 (17 Raptor)
Runruss - 2.14.368 (X Class)
Spiko - 2.14.535 (X Class)
Odessa - 2.16.603 (X Class)
Penguin - 2.17.738 (X Class)