150 Pages<<102103104105106>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#2576 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 2:02:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Final leaderboard - Brickchester loop circuit : A class

For better or worse, the Caterham was dominant here, with only one person not setting their best time in it and 7 of us making the overall top 10, with 11 in the top 20:

Jezza - 32.666 (1st overall)
Ziperr - 32.777 (2nd)
Aleriooon - 33.033 (3rd)
Bedlam - 33.043 (very impressive in Auto) (4th)
PABO - 33.467 (6th)
RB033 - 33.594 (7th)
Smoke - 33.750 (8th)
Spiko - 34.268 (12th)
Odessa - 34.268 (13th - well 12th equal)
Leetorts - 34.818 (18th)
FN - 34.833 (19th - sneaked ahead of Squryl at the end)
Squryl - 34.852 (21st)
Runruss - 35.269 (26th)
Radient - 35.287 (27th)
Penguin - 35.519 (31st)
Matteo - 35.702 (5 Turbo FE) (33rd)
Mort - 36.003 (38th)

I’m tired - so edited my earlier post, rather than copying it. Therefore quoted for ease of reference!

I was so close to Runruss but couldnt take any more of that track lol
#2577 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 6:50:21 PM(UTC)
@Ziperr, Rocklxd's tune, he's got a few up but I think it's called Ranked CC V1.41.

I ran a dirty (1 rewind) identical time with the RAM Powerwagon on the Lego track the other night too, so that could be worth looking into. I think it was TDU1's tune but I don't remember for sure.

Edited by user Friday, March 26, 2021 6:52:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2578 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 8:55:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RB033 Go to Quoted Post
I will never drive the X-Class, I despise it almost as much as the Atomic Punk. Macan '19 isn't far behind if anyone wants to try my tune.

Okay, I'll bite...sounds like potentially a good/interesting backstory. Why anti-X-Class?
Pfffffffft touch this
#2579 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 6:32:11 AM(UTC)
What X Class tune are you using, Jezza?

Flipped to Rocklxd's M/C test tune and broke into the 1:44s. Handles worse since it doesn't have offroad tires but the weight savings make for quicker acceleration, which I really notice on the finishing stretch through all the fences.

Edited by user Saturday, March 27, 2021 9:40:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2580 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 8:54:01 AM(UTC)
WittyJoey’s Mountain Foot one.
 5 users liked this post.
#2581 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 12:08:52 PM(UTC)
God how I hate jumps. And water. And jumps into water. And jumps into water with islands and trees....
 1 user liked this post.
#2582 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 1:06:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Pointi1978 Go to Quoted Post
God how I hate jumps. And water. And jumps into water. And jumps into water with islands and trees....

I hate cross country in general, it just seems so rng if you bounce or land right. feels like little control. I do not mind it in rally but with ramps ugh hate it.
 3 users liked this post.
#2583 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 1:18:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RadientGG Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Pointi1978 Go to Quoted Post

I hate cross country in general, it just seems so rng if you bounce or land right. feels like little control. I do not mind it in rally but with ramps ugh hate it.

+1

That's why I'm sitting this week out, better for my blood pressure 😊
 2 users liked this post.
#2584 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 1:23:16 PM(UTC)
Hi all,

It sure is great to see this thread still going. I’ve been following it for awhile. Don’t have a lot of time to play these days but every once and awhile I try a track you’re on.

I actually use Whitewater CC as a test track for off road vehicles and their rolling potential. I have an anything goes blueprint in summer I use all the time.

FYI, the Jaguar I-pace turned out to be a bit of a CC beast for me. Due to the fact most CC races don’t require a lot of top speed, it fit right in.

I did a careless one and done run on A whitewater CC with the i-pace and still ended up #202 with a 1:54.xxx. I’m certainly not as fast as i used to be but could probably cut more time off. I’m sure it would be faster in faster hands.

I have the tune up: 181 015 854. It’s not been fined tuned yet so a word of warning. A bit of a rush build TBH. Break pressure is set high, FYI.

I might join you guys one day. I’m always trying to find ways to not get bored with this game....but it’s getting harder. 😂☺️
I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
#2585 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 1:35:42 PM(UTC)
I am somehow stuck at 1:48 in Whitewater Falls. I got no clue how I should shake of another 4 or even 5 seconds to the best times. If I would use manual shifting with a steeringwheel, maybe I could shake of one second, but 4 or 5? Never. Ever.

Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

+1

That's why I'm sitting this week out, better for my blood pressure 😊

Like, one joypad down, three to go? XD

Edited by user Saturday, March 27, 2021 1:38:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2586 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 1:45:30 PM(UTC)
Hi Jam. Nice post and good to see you. Do drop in whenever you have time 👍. I’ll have a go with the I Pace tomorrow.

I think I’m probably done on Whitewater. Have done 43.1 in the X Class. It’s capable of dipping under 43 but the RNG pain to get there isn’t worth it for me - I don’t think it can catch the two leaders. Might have a few more tries in the Hummer but PlatMod’s tune doesn’t suit me - I find it way too easy to oversteer and lose lots of time.

I’ll head over to Lego and try some non X Class options there.

Oh, and definitely back to tarmac next week 😂!

Edited by user Saturday, March 27, 2021 1:59:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2587 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 2:25:23 PM(UTC)
Might have a few more tries in the Hummer but PlatMod’s tune doesn’t suit me - I find it way too easy to oversteer and lose lots of time.

I just shared a new Hummer tune (125 468 062) which my current ghost is using. It is based on TDU1PlatinumMod's setup so you may still find it too oversteery, but I attempted to tune it to this track specifically -- softer springs for the ramp into the quarry, and I tried to set the final drive to have the ideal top of 4th gear for the sweeping turn before the water section.
 1 user liked this post.
#2588 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 3:17:25 PM(UTC)
Oh for heavens sake. Well I greatly appreciate this round. We rarely dipped into xc, not complaining as I always need the practice on the tarmac, but it's nice to face something once in a while where I'm not necessarily default caboose. 😄 And I guess this will likely be the last xc, so, thx again.
Pfffffffft touch this
 1 user liked this post.
#2589 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 3:54:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
I will never drive the X-Class, I despise it almost as much as the Atomic Punk. Macan '19 isn't far behind if anyone wants to try my tune.

Okay, I'll bite...sounds like potentially a good/interesting backstory. Why anti-X-Class?

So heavily over-used... annoying really.
#2590 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 4:17:12 PM(UTC)
WittyJoey’s Mountain Foot one.

Thanks for the tipp with the tune. Helped me shake off 1.7 Seconds of my PB.
#2591 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 4:27:38 PM(UTC)

So heavily over-used... annoying really.

Oh, well yes; add to the list I suppose. Of all the over-exposed metamobiles, this one I find less irritating...probably because it's so 'normal.' Would've made a touch more sense if it's powers were more lower class-focused.

Edited by user Saturday, March 27, 2021 4:31:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Pfffffffft touch this
#2592 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 4:35:08 PM(UTC)
Witty Joey’s tune for the Hummer is easier to drive for me than PlatMod’s - ran 1.43.0 where I hit the last tree (had to rewind -hate that last corner). Also improved a bit with it at Lego.
#2593 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 5:57:48 PM(UTC)
Managed to squeeze out a 1:45.3 with still some errors in Whitewater, I think I'll leave it there for now.
First time I hit the 1:45.X mark the run got "dirtied" while driving through the first narrow water passage. Still don't know why. Once had a 1:46.X run where I hit the tree after the wide uphill right corner after the second water passage (wow I hate this corner SO much) where you drive up to the house on the hill after that, I even heard the bump, but the run did not get "dirtied" - the game is strange sometimes.
#2594 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 6:08:59 PM(UTC)
That’s a very good time, especially running Auto 💪👍.
#2595 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 6:12:47 PM(UTC)
Pretty remarkable. And some pretty significant errors to just pop out a number #9 like that. Seems almost magical.

Edited by user Saturday, March 27, 2021 6:22:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Pfffffffft touch this
#2596 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 6:44:21 PM(UTC)
Pretty remarkable. And some pretty significant errors to just pop out a number #9 like that. Seems almost magical.

Well, I did 10 hours on this track today. How many yesterday I dont know. The tuning jezza recommended helped me a lot.
I felt doing some little errors but I guess it still was fast and I did not loose lots of speed... Is there a way to view my run in a replay function or do I have to drive against my own ghost for this?
But I think I have seen enough of this track for some time.

#9 is of course my only Top10 Rank ever, but I do not know how much it is "worth" on this course because not so many ppl are driving it. But I am very proud of it now :)

Now I tried Lego a little bit with the Hummer and the Tune from WittyJoey, but that thing has almost no grip, and the hummer is so broad and big I cant see the road ahead lol

Edited by user Saturday, March 27, 2021 6:50:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2597 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 6:50:02 PM(UTC)
Oh, it's incredible for sure. Just one day ago you "struggled always to get Top 1% or Top 1000 no matter which car class," and now here you are already a #9, just like that. It really is amazing.

Unbelievable, even.
Pfffffffft touch this
#2598 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 6:54:26 PM(UTC)
Oh, it's incredible for sure. Just one day ago you "struggled always to get Top 1% or Top 1000 no matter which car class," and now here you are already a #9, just like that. It really is amazing.

Unbelievable, even.

Well, the tracks I played until I started with this rivals here in the forums are the Horizon Festival Track (every car class) and Greendale Club Track, a lot more racers there so harder to get 1% or Top1000 it seems.

And I hope you do not imply here that I do some foul things.

Edited by user Saturday, March 27, 2021 6:55:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2599 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 7:08:22 PM(UTC)
That is a valid point.
Pfffffffft touch this
#2600 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 7:59:43 PM(UTC)
That is a valid point.

Did you really unfriend me on xboxlive? :(
150 Pages<<102103104105106>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error