3 Pages123Next
#1 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 11:16:42 PM(UTC)
Series 12 Livestream

Announced by Playground Games tweet for Monday, July 29 at 10am Pacific / 6pm BST.

Replay: https://youtu.be/7J_snyIM-rk

www.mixer.com/Forza
www.twitch.tv/Forza
www.youtube.com/user/Turn10Studios

Content update Release Notes are published on the Support site

ANNOUNCE:
——
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Forza Horizon 4 | Series 12 Update
Staff
Tuesday, July 30, 2019

The Series 12 update for Forza Horizon 4 is here! For this series, we’ve got a new barn find car, a pair of new Showcase Remix events, and more quality of life features and fixes. For the full rundown on all the new features, check out the story below or watch the full replay of this week’s Series 12 livestream from Playgroutnd Games’ HQ.

The Series 12 update starts with a pair of Showcase Remix events:

New Showcase Remix – Assault on the Control Room
The Halo Experience Showcase returns from Series 7 in this remix! Don’t miss this opportunity to re-run the UNSC Fleetcom training exercise in the winter season, as it counts towards your Star Card progress as a Racing Superstar.

New Showcase Remix – Superfast vs. Supersonic
A brand-new remix of the Delta-Wing Showcase, this time featuring the highly-coveted 2017 Ferrari 812 Superfast going head-to-head against the infamous jet pilot on a balmy spring morning. Remember: You need to complete the regular version of the Showcase first to unlock the remixed version.

LEGO Speed Champions Barn Find
Good news, the instructions for a new barn find have been uncovered and (spoiler alert!) that new barn find car is the Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0.

In addition to the above, Series 12 introduces some important improvements to the game, including:

· Fixed an issue with the stat for number of cars in garage not updating correctly after a wheelspin
· Fixed an issue with players not being awarded credits at the end of a game of Infected
· Fixed an intermittent issue with player Ghosts not driving in Class Based Rivals
· Fixed an issue where players were not automatically entering a PvP event after creating one
· Fixed an issue with the stat for Trial Championships entered not being updated correctly
· Fixed an issue with Seasonal Trailblazers having the wrong map icon
· Fixed an issue where players were able to drive under water in certain conditions
· Various stability and performance improvements

Series 12 Reward Cars
As always, the events across the four seasons of Series 12 will bring plenty of reward cars to collect and enjoy. Four of the cars are new, including two Aston Martin models (the 2019 DBS Superleggera and the 2017 Vanquish Zagato Coupé) and a pair of Volkswagens, including the 1967 Karmann Ghia and the 1967 Type 3 “Notchback” 1600L.

The Series Reward cars are the Mosler MT900S (80% completion) and the Cadillac Escalade (50% completion). Here’s a look at each of the Season reward cars for Series 12:

Summer
Jeep Cherokee (50% completion)
Mercedes-Benz 280 SL (80% completion)

Autumn
Volkswagen Karmann Ghia (50% completion)
Ford Crown Victoria (80% completion)

Winter
2019 Aston DBS Superleggera (50% completion)
Maserati Levante (80% completion)

Spring
2017 Aston Martin Vanquish (50% completion)
1999 Lotus Elise (80% completion)

Season Event – Racing Through the Years
Series 12 will also feature a series of themed racing events dubbed “Racing Through the Years,” focusing on cars from different decades, with a new race each season. Here’s the reward cars you can win during these weekly events:

Summer -- Racing Through the Years – 1950s
Reward Car: Plymouth Fury

Autumn – Racing Through the Years – 1960s
Reward Car: Volkswagen Type 3 1600L

Winter -- Racing Through the Years – 1970s
Reward Car: Porsche 914/6

Spring Racing Through the Years – 1980s
Reward Car: 1988 BMW M5 Forza Edition

In addition to the above, there will be events each season where players can win cars and avatar gear as rewards. Be sure to keep tabs on all the season’s activity by checking out the Festival Playlist on a regular basis!

#FORZAMONTHLY - AUGUST 5th
——

Quote:
Our next installment of #ForzaMonthly hits your screens next week on Monday 5th August at 11am Pacific/7pm UK. We've got a few things we want to talk to you about, including an update on #ForzaRC, the #Forza7 August update, plus lots more. See you there! mixer.com/forza

https://twitter.com/forz...atus/1157307071085330432

Edited by user Friday, August 2, 2019 9:43:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 10:01:57 PM(UTC)
Thanks would have missed it
3am Tuesday aest

Edited by user Saturday, July 27, 2019 11:13:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FORZA TIER 8 10530 Driving since August 2017
looking for mature ongoing players with mic to join team #AOS
facebook.com/vanninman twitter.com/vanninman1 twitch.tv/vanninman

#3 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 9:03:46 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Monday, July 29, 2019 9:19:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 9:14:01 AM(UTC)
The two new Astons <3
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 9:21:49 AM(UTC)
Behold Torben's magnificent visage:

The new cars:

2017 Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato Coupé
2019 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera
1974 LEGO Speed Champions Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 (75895)
1967 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia
1967 Volkswagen Type 3 1600 L (Notchback)

Edited by user Monday, July 29, 2019 11:17:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 10:02:44 AM(UTC)
Some questions answered:

Barn Find revealed as the Porsche 911 Turbo.
Garage limits touch on game saves so approaching changes is looked at very carefully.
No immediate plans to change Drifting features or scoring.
Selling duplicate cars from wheelspins - this is complicated due to scenarios where spins interrupt live events, so this is being considered for the future.
Body kits - in the works but no info right now.
Decals, smoke color - to do this would require everyone to redownload all the cars, so it’s unlikely these features will happen.
#7 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 10:10:47 AM(UTC)
The stream can be rewatched here, if you missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J_snyIM-rk
 2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 10:16:21 AM(UTC)
Nothing about the Track-Tor and I am sure they took notice of the issue/complaints.
So, seems we have to live with this **** as we have with the Boneshaker.
 5 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 10:29:01 AM(UTC)
I can't believe, after 12 updates, twelve, still no Ferraris/Lambos last models, which actually people really want for ages!

so no Portofino, no 488 Pista, no Performante/EVO, S/SVJ etc

and there is already a new replacement for 488, the F8 Tributo.., not to mention other ferraris.

Also since game release, not a single new Audi, even the Audi Q7 V12 TDi from FMS7, a game it shares content

what a disappointment!
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 10:35:46 AM(UTC)
That Track-tor is a much bigger problem than the Hot Wheels car. They didnt mention anything about your car being stuck in the ground after taking a jump. Hopefully they just fixed it cause that ruins cross country and freeroam events if your wheels disappear in the ground and you start scrapping/screeching to a stop
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
 4 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:09:45 AM(UTC)
On the good side they finally give us some Showcase Remix events, "only" 2 months after the introduction of the Star Card feature.

Also good to know what the Lego barn find is, but honestly how many people still care about Lego Valley?
Most people I played with got bored quickly (8-10h). There is just no reason to return there once you've completed everything.
No Multiplayer, not even Playground Games. If you want to go for the Seasonal Events there, you're gonna have a bad time, too because it's hard to find other players for coop.

The worst part is that they still didn't change a thing about ranked or multiplayer in general.
OP cars remain in the lobbies, dirty driving is still rewarded (not even a single word about a penalty system or something).
I guess getting crashed off the track in every 2nd race is a nice experience, good fun.
They didn't even mention these things, despite the huge 60+ pages thread here in the forum.

Edited by user Monday, July 29, 2019 11:11:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza-Achievements: 922 / 923 (FM2 Car Broker Achievement ...)
Forza Motorsport 7 Collector Level 47
 3 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:24:54 AM(UTC)
Instead of endlessly fussing about UI issues around selling duplicates, why not just eliminate autoshow duplicates from wheelspins? No UI changes needed, just internal wheelspin code.
#13 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:31:56 AM(UTC)
OP cars will remain no matter what they do. Remove one, it's runner up replaces it. They even could go the GT Sport/iRacing/Project CARS route and balance all the cars, and 1 or 2 cars would still be marginally if not noticeably better.
#14 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:32:05 AM(UTC)
Playlist rewards:

Originally Posted by: Snozzberry Jam Go to Quoted Post
Instead of endlessly fussing about UI issues around selling duplicates, why not just eliminate autoshow duplicates from wheelspins? No UI changes needed, just internal wheelspin code.

I guess being able to filter cars that are "New" could also help with that.
#15 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:33:55 AM(UTC)
I’m not sure I followed the reasoning why they can’t add a duplicate car removal system in the WS. It seemed to be based on other players having to wait whilst you decide. However, neither the trial nor ranked allow WSs until after the event has finished, so what events are affected? Also, surely that would already be the case if so as I’m sure that there is an “accept” requirement which requires a button press?
#16 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:34:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
Playlist rewards:

Originally Posted by: Snozzberry Jam Go to Quoted Post

I guess being able to filter cars that are "New" could also help with that.

That must be a very easy fix.
 11 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:35:37 AM(UTC)
So in other words, if you don't do Adventure, no Capri FE for you.

Why, PG? Why this repetitive obsession with herding people towards modes they have no interest in playing?

Just. Give. It. Up. Already.
 9 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 12:21:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Selling duplicate cars from wheelspins - this is complicated due to scenarios where spins interrupt live events, so this is being considered for the future.

I actually don't much care for wheelspins getting spun automatically between events, so maybe they could just let us bank it with all the other waiting wheelspins to spin at our leisure.
 11 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 12:58:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TNTNRX Go to Quoted Post
I can't believe, after 12 updates, twelve, still no Ferraris/Lambos last models, which actually people really want for ages!

and there is already a new replacement for 488, the F8 Tributo.., not to mention other ferraris.

Also since game release, not a single new Audi, even the Audi Q7 V12 TDi from FMS7, a game it shares content

what a disappointment!

I don't want to be bombarded with supercars and hypercars every time.
 9 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 1:35:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Apple Slipper Go to Quoted Post

what a disappointment!

I totally agree, Apple Slipper. There are many non-S2/X class non-super/hyper cars out there that could be used.

It may be hard for some to believe, but not everyone is infatuated with those cars. Personally, those are my least favorite cars and only use them when necessary for an achievement or task.

#21 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 1:41:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Apple Slipper Go to Quoted Post

what a disappointment!

but i do, same as OLD cars to be clear, and millions of forza's fanbase want these cars too

some of then are the most requested cars by far, very far...

Delorean stay in the top 3 since forever, where's the car? PG don't listen the community, it's a fact!

even The Crew 2 have Pista and Performante

PG missing the oportunity to make more money with DLCs or whatever, i don't care, i just want really new cars
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 2:38:14 PM(UTC)
And I want to be bombarded with supercars as well.

In the last 3 series, we've had the Apollo IE, Rimac C Two, and Koengigsegg CCX. That's not a lot.

Personally, I'm tired of trucks and offroad stuff. Everyone's different right?

It IS getting a bit tiresome to get the same older stuff over and over, but not get the newer models from various car manufacturers. When they brought in the Aventador J (which make no mistake, I'm glad to have back) it was a car we've already seen all the way back in FH1. Current stuff too please?

In addition to the current stuff from Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, etc... it would be really nice to have a Pagani Zonda C12 and Pagani Zonda F too. We have a lot of 'old' cars from Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Koenigsegg and even Bugatti, but we do not have the early models from Pagani yet.
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 2:44:35 PM(UTC)
I'm not even a truck fan in real life but I'd like some more trucks added to the game that can be used in cross country. There's a ton of trucks out there that SHOULD be added to the game. The Q7 is one that came to mind, a Nissan Juke or the real Titan, not the Titan concept. I've seen a few new Silverados where I live. I'd welcome those also

#24 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 3:12:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
I'm not even a truck fan in real life but I'd like some more trucks added to the game that can be used in cross country. There's a ton of trucks out there that SHOULD be added to the game. The Q7 is one that came to mind, a Nissan Juke or the real Titan, not the Titan concept. I've seen a few new Silverados where I live. I'd welcome those also

Oh, you mean pickup tricks like the Offroad category. Had me going for a second there. i thought you were actually asking for another blasted racing truck like the Iron Knight.

Ok, then. Carry on.
#25 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 5:55:32 PM(UTC)
Just had the game freeze on me just as a crossed the finish line. Blank white screen and I'm 1000% sure they're gonna rob my rank because of it. Come on PG this is ridiculous

3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error