13 Pages<<678910>>PrevNext
 4 users liked this post.
#176 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 11:24:02 AM(UTC)
I have a Potential Solution that may solve all of this.

Playground, IMO, Should Make *All* Previous Playlist Cars (along with the Story Linked Cars, Forzathon Shop Exclusive Cars and Wheelspin Exclusive Cars) available in the Autoshow with Series 18, with their Prices adjusted to Reflect their Real Life Values, I feel they should also ensure, starting with Series 18, that any New Cars added to the Game are also added into the Autoshow the Second they are Available, this includes all Future Playlist Cars, any Future Story Linked Cars, the Battle Royale Exclusive Cars, basically, every post Release Car should be placed into the Autoshow in Series 18 and afterwards there on.

That Way, Players would then be able to Chose to Either earn the Car for Free from the Playlist/Story/BR Mode, or to Purchase it for In Game Credits from the Autoshow instead.

This I think would be a Much more Fair System, allowing Players a Choice to either Work at getting the Car for Free, or just Buying it from the Autoshow for In Game Credits.

Edited by user Thursday, December 12, 2019 11:36:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#177 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 11:45:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post
Well we can't all be like you and suck up whatever PG wants whether it's good or trash, ask no questions and say 'Thank you very much PG!'

Good god you're an unhappy mess. I said NOTHING about sucking up anything from PG.

I agreed with the previous poster, and, ironically, said NOTHING makes everyone happy here.

You proved my point, thanks. Sorry I get under your skin so much. :)

If someone like you gets a real problem in life, good luck with the negativity.
#178 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 7:25:24 AM(UTC)
I finalky got a Civic 2018 for way below than the maximum buyout price. You can’t hesitate with this car at all.
 3 users liked this post.
#179 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 2:02:30 AM(UTC)
This is such a terrible way to get these cars. I was busy last week and now I missed my chance to get an LFA so unless I want to spam the auction house I'll never get one. This is a terrible system... want me to pay a lot of in game to get them fine but locking them away like this is stupid.
 2 users liked this post.
#180 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 4:18:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: That Ninja 171 Go to Quoted Post
This is such a terrible way to get these cars. I was busy last week and now I missed my chance to get an LFA so unless I want to spam the auction house I'll never get one. This is a terrible system... want me to pay a lot of in game to get them fine but locking them away like this is stupid.

While I agree with this I do like this better then having to pay $10 a month for a 6 pack of cars. All "new" cars have been free and we haven't had to pay for DLC once.. Kinda nice if you ask me. But yes it sucks if you miss a week and it's hard to get in auction house.
 1 user liked this post.
#181 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 6:37:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tsujen Go to Quoted Post

While I agree with this I do like this better then having to pay $10 a month for a 6 pack of cars. All "new" cars have been free and we haven't had to pay for DLC once.. Kinda nice if you ask me. But yes it sucks if you miss a week and it's hard to get in auction house.

They're only "free" if you don't factor in the time it takes each week to do the chores to get them. Some people enjoy the weekly challenges and that's great, but if you don't then $10 a month to avoid 4+ hours of grinding to get the cars starts to sound like a really good deal.

On a related topic, the whole time gate thing needs to go. It's completely arbitrary to limit car availability like that, and punishes players who don't play every week more than anything else. The same effect could be achieved in a much more player friendly way by allowing weekly challenges to be completed at any time after they go live, or by adding the new cars to the autoshow after a period of time.

Edited by user Monday, February 24, 2020 6:38:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
 3 users liked this post.
#182 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 10:23:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post

They're only "free" if you don't factor in the time it takes each week to do the chores to get them. Some people enjoy the weekly challenges and that's great, but if you don't then $10 a month to avoid 4+ hours of grinding to get the cars starts to sound like a really good deal.

On a related topic, the whole time gate thing needs to go. It's completely arbitrary to limit car availability like that, and punishes players who don't play every week more than anything else. The same effect could be achieved in a much more player friendly way by allowing weekly challenges to be completed at any time after they go live, or by adding the new cars to the autoshow after a period of time.

The whole point of it is to simply sell Xbox game pass and xbox live. That's why its drawn out in 28 day intervals.
 5 users liked this post.
#183 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 12:29:17 AM(UTC)

I prefer "pay and it's forever yours" than "free, but...". Current system only benefits the Game Pass' freeloaders, really. You can sub when there's hot stuff and avoid playing when there's nothing interesting. Meanwhile, people with a broader taste in cars, like myself, struggle a lot.

The Ultimate Edition is almost worthless now since the exclusive cars are better than what's in the Car Pass and the expansions are 50/50 (Fortune Island is nice but Lego was pretty lazy when it comes to racing). They could have made it so UE owners keep getting these cars or, better yet, just make them accessible all the time like T10 did, but we're stuck with the Playlist now.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 2 users liked this post.
#184 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 10:16:30 AM(UTC)

to counter your points

past car pack DLCs have had 7 or more cars, not 6, available all at once when released

several updates have have had only 4 cars, series 10, 14, 15, 16, 18,

even if they are free some are locked behind trials or online events which many have difficulty with

and you may only get 1 new car in first week and have to wait 3, 4 weeks for the finals cars, like in series 19, 2 cars first week and 2 cars third week

I would rather pay for a monthly car pack and get 7 cars available immediately than have to grind game mode for sometimes only 4 cars spread out over a month

not to mention if you miss a series there is no information on when a car you missed will be available again,
#185 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 12:30:03 AM(UTC)
It's very irritating and frustrating when cars are locked behind multiplayer challenges where you rely on team members but, apart from this, if all cars were immediately available without any sort of challenge, playing the game would be pointless for me. There's a lot of hype about some of the cars but I often find I've already got better cars in my garage and I never use them.

With FH3 I continued playing the game long after its release just to collect cars I didn't own but once the weekly challenges stopped I gave up on it.
#186 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 2:06:15 AM(UTC)
The car reward system is good as it is. If you can't find 30 minutes a week to complete at least 50% playlist tasks, it's your own fault. Irl you will always miss good opportunities due to some circumstances.

And btw, in every videogame you have to do ceartain things that you like more or less to achieve your goals. It's nothing new.
#187 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 2:34:44 AM(UTC)
GT Sport: No challenge. All updates are free.
NFS: You can unlock the right to buy a car by completing tasks. You can buy as many cars as you like.
The Crew 2: Almost all cars are available, except for some exclusive upgrade models and career mode prizes.

Comparison with several games of the same generation.
I like styles like GT Sport and NFS.
 1 user liked this post.
#188 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 10:08:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch Nixon177 Go to Quoted Post
The car reward system is good as it is. If you can't find 30 minutes a week to complete at least 50% playlist tasks, it's your own fault. Irl you will always miss good opportunities due to some circumstances.

And btw, in every videogame you have to do ceartain things that you like more or less to achieve your goals. It's nothing new.

Wee bit of hyperbole here, don't you think? "30 minutes a week and 50% completion" won't earn the 2010 BMW M3 this series. (IIRC, this "Previously available Exclusive" car was earned thru either the Trial or PGs). I do not enjoy either of these formats, and avoid them if at all possible.

I either missed (doubtful) or avoided (highly likely in case of Trial or PG reward) the BMW when it was "Previously available", but I do desire this car. Earning it, however, means average of 80% completion per week, for the full series.

I do not wish to deny those who enjoy this "Play"list set of tasks their happiness, but for myself, I would rather have the option to simply buy it in the Autoshow.

1 user liked this post.
#189 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 10:35:36 AM(UTC)
I'm not even sure what I think about Playlist, but number of exclusives starts to be really high IMO and perhaps some of those could be put the Autoshow.

I have all cars except some Renaults and with hundreds of millions I could buy whatever via Auction House but it's simply getting tad tedious to even keep up with all the exclusives. Alternatively, they could expand Forzathon Shop to have more cars available. I suppose though most would choose availability in Autoshow over that.
#190 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 11:57:53 AM(UTC)
Pretty certain the 2010 BMW was originally won through a single player championship, not trial or PGG. Generally, they seem to have listened to feedback and almost never have new cars as PGG (Rossion is the only new car I recall being a PGG reward in the last 6 months or so) or 80% rewards and lately not even really the Trial either.

I’m generally in favour of the current process. I find it easy to make sure I pick up all the new cars and much prefer this system to having to pay real money for them. That said, I agree it would make sense to move some of the exclusives to the Autoshow now, given the vast number. Maybe they could start moving anything originally released more than 6 months ago to the Autoshow - giving them still a good stock of more recent previously exclusive cars to recycle as rewards - and then keep adding cars on that basis each month thereafter.
 1 user liked this post.
#191 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 12:54:52 PM(UTC)
One month exclusivity sounds good to me. Still I can earn much more working than playing so it doesn't make sense to sell my time for cars I can buy with real money much cheaper. I like the game so it's not much unbalanced but real money works for me because it's cheaper.
 1 user liked this post.
#192 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 1:21:51 PM(UTC)
I could live with timed exclusivity where the cars went into the autoshow after a period of time (month?). That way if you miss a car, you know you'll be able to get it again within a reasonable timeframe. Unfortunately we have no such assurance from the devs, only vague promises and examples of cars that have already gone 6+ months without being available again.

3 users liked this post.
#193 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 6:22:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: King Cobra Mi6 Go to Quoted Post

Playground, IMO, Should Make *All* Previous Playlist Cars (along with the Story Linked Cars, Forzathon Shop Exclusive Cars and Wheelspin Exclusive Cars) available in the Autoshow with Series 18, with their Prices adjusted to Reflect their Real Life Values, I feel they should also ensure, starting with Series 18, that any New Cars added to the Game are also added into the Autoshow the Second they are Available, this includes all Future Playlist Cars, any Future Story Linked Cars, the Battle Royale Exclusive Cars, basically, every post Release Car should be placed into the Autoshow in Series 18 and afterwards there on.

That Way, Players would then be able to Chose to Either earn the Car for Free from the Playlist/Story/BR Mode, or to Purchase it for In Game Credits from the Autoshow instead.

This I think would be a Much more Fair System, allowing Players a Choice to either Work at getting the Car for Free, or just Buying it from the Autoshow for In Game Credits.

Bad idea, that would crash the Auction House economy. Appearing for the final update before Horizon 5, I could get behind.

3 users liked this post.
#194 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 6:37:09 PM(UTC)
Not an awful idea to have them in the autoshow after a month or so. I don't have too much issue with the playlist other than it's getting old to do this every week and it is just a chore lately.
 5 users liked this post.
#195 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 7:10:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Novaly6933 Go to Quoted Post

Bad idea, that would crash the Auction House economy. Appearing for the final update before Horizon 5, I could get behind.

The forced online economy and the auction house that goes with it is a big part of the problem in the first place. I play Forza as a relaxing solo car game and don't enjoy the online aspects much at all, and having SP content tied to online economies that need arbitrary scarcity and such to work is super annoying.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 26, 2020 9:25:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#196 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 11:18:44 PM(UTC)

Totally agree with this. Only one month exclusivity would be too short.
 5 users liked this post.
#197 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 12:22:55 AM(UTC)

The Auction House sucks anyway. Best to let it die.

Are people really this scared of losing their means of income through the AH? Because that's really the only reason to keep it afloat, lol. In the old days, people sold their work through the AH, now they use it to speculate and flip cars, which is terrible economy in and out of itself, and something car makers tend to frown upon.

Give me an actual, permanent, offline career mode to earn the cars instead...

Edited by user Thursday, February 27, 2020 1:12:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#198 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 4:43:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

Are people really this scared of losing their means of income through the AH? Because that's really the only reason to keep it afloat, lol. In the old days, people sold their work through the AH, now they use it to speculate and flip cars, which is terrible economy in and out of itself, and something car makers tend to frown upon.

But FH 4 has an offline campaign mode where you can drive, buy and unlock all cars just like in the old Horizon titles.

And going by your 'always offline logic', you shouldn't know that these new exclusive cars even exist. Because you got your base content that you paid for.

However, the new cars that have been added afterwards in the content updates are free additional cars, PG/T10 could have left them out and said 'Fk it, you got your game and DLC's, and now wait for the next Forza title'. But that's what they didn't do and instead we got a lot afterlaunch content.

It's something really good that I appreciate and not many other game developers/publishers do. I know some (far east) publishers that will charge money from you for every fart.

And look at EA and Need for Speed Heat, they seem to have dropped their developers already (for profit?).

Gran Turismo Sport has got cu similar like Forza but the game is boring as hell. Haven't launched it since a year now.

The Crew 2 let's you grind credits for cars or makes you pay real money for. Just to clarify it, you have the option to pay real money for vehicles that you paid for in the base game. Does that make any sense? Nope.

Edited by user Thursday, February 27, 2020 4:44:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#199 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 6:18:10 AM(UTC)
Horizon 4 is the only game on Xbox so you need to support it forever at least :D EA doesn't have consoles. It's like some brand investement. Many friends laugh at me because I use Xbox. Yeah, I play Horizon, so I have to :D I love Elite controller too, but still, it's for Forza only for me.
 3 users liked this post.
#200 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 6:43:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch Nixon177 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

But FH 4 has an offline campaign mode where you can drive, buy and unlock all cars just like in the old Horizon titles.

And going by your 'always offline logic', you shouldn't know that these new exclusive cars even exist. Because you got your base content that you paid for.

However, the new cars that have been added afterwards in the content updates are free additional cars, PG/T10 could have left them out and said 'Fk it, you got your game and DLC's, and now wait for the next Forza title'. But that's what they didn't do and instead we got a lot afterlaunch content.

It's something really good that I appreciate and not many other game developers/publishers do. I know some (far east) publishers that will charge money from you for every fart.

And look at EA and Need for Speed Heat, they seem to have dropped their developers already (for profit?).

Gran Turismo Sport has got cu similar like Forza but the game is boring as hell. Haven't launched it since a year now.

The Crew 2 let's you grind credits for cars or makes you pay real money for. Just to clarify it, you have the option to pay real money for vehicles that you paid for in the base game. Does that make any sense? Nope.

The base game without the additional cars has a significant number of non-FE vehicles that are only available as extremely low drop % rewards from wheelspins, to the point that if you were to only play offline it would be nearly impossible to acquire all of them. This is a departure from previous Forza games (with the exception of FH3 where this mess got started) where all the regular vehicles could be obtained through normal gameplay without having to deal with wheelspin lootboxes.

In terms of the new vehicles, yes they're a nice bonus, but that doesn't excuse the fact that the whole auction house and weekly time gates still aren't player friendly in the least. Lots of other games provide free ongoing content updates without forcing players to do chores within limited time constraints to actually enjoy the new content. See FM7's spotlight car system once they came to their senses for example.

13 Pages<<678910>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error