This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages<<4567PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#126 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 9:59:17 AM(UTC)
OK, so when is a dev going to talk about what is, pretty blatantly, bot/macro abuse on the AH?

I found two more listings of the 599 Evo last night. Both sold while I was authorizing the buy-out. Both appeared just ten seconds after a previous search turned up nothing. This has happened every single time the car's come up for sale.

It's not a matter of "you weren't fast enough." It's that you can't be fast enough. There is no way this should be legal and allowed.

But please. Someone tell me why I'm wrong.
#127 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 12:19:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch2009 Go to Quoted Post
OK, so when is a dev going to talk about what is, pretty blatantly, bot/macro abuse on the AH?

I get that it’d probably be hard to effectively stop all bot/macro use, whatever, but I’d just be happy to hear a dev say explicitly that bots/macros are cheating and it’s not ok.

Xbox community standards says “Don’t use “mods” that are not explicitly supported by a game developer” and “Don’t use specialized software to gain unfair advantage over other players”

..and it’s not just the AH. Somebody in another thread was going on about using macros to inflate his/her painter/tuner/blueprint rank.
 5 users liked this post.
#128 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 12:29:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ForbiddenBeef21 Go to Quoted Post

I get that it’d probably be hard to effectively stop all bot/macro use, whatever, but I’d just be happy to hear a dev say explicitly that bots/macros are cheating and it’s not ok.

Xbox community standards says “Don’t use “mods” that are not explicitly supported by a game developer” and “Don’t use specialized software to gain unfair advantage over other players”

..and it’s not just the AH. Somebody in another thread was going on about using macros to inflate his/her painter/tuner/blueprint rank.

I had a lovely conversation on the Forza Reddit with a user who admitted that he set up a macro to snipe cars, and then proceeded to whine when I called him out on it.

There's also another thread there from several months back where a guy proudly shows off the dozens of 812s and Evos in his garage, all obtained through macros.

Is this what PG thinks is "working as intended"?
 5 users liked this post.
#129 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 5:32:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
I think this may have been the Forza game I've played the least of. I may have even played FM7 more than this. While there was a lot of external factors limiting my ability to sit down and play the game, even now I've got the time to play again, I just don't feel like I want to. And that's not for lack of trying either. I want to like this one, I should like this one, it has everything (almost) down to a T. My home country, with places local to me, places I've actually driven in real life. Even cars I've had the pleasure to drive in real life. The seasons are a nice touch as well, keeps the map somewhat fresher for longer. But then I look at just how much I've missed out on, and with no guarantees that it's ever going to be available again, and I lose motivation to continue playing. This games as a service model being shoehorned into just about every game these days is killing off my love for one of my favourite hobbies. If this continues into Forza games in the future, you've lost at least one loyal customer in me. I know the usual lot will jump straight on that with "oh, well you'll be back here next year complaining about the same old issues". I doubt it this time around, I really do. There's only so many times you can hope, and plead that things will change eventually, but instead it only gets worse and worse with each new iteration. I used to be active and vocal on these forums, not anymore. I used to be a daily player of the Forza games, not anymore. I used to be there for a day one purchase of the ultimate editions, and sadly, not anymore. Forza was the reason I made the switch from Playstation to Xbox, and sadly it feels like a shadow of its former self. With each new release it feels more and more like the passion that was once there, the group of car enthusiasts who put their heart and soul into making a good game has changed into one of that that's just chasing the next dollar.

Just wanted to say that this is how I feel as well. When the Playlist debuted, I thought it was cool. Unfortunately, every successive iteration has made me realize that I am getting on to play Forza and spending hours grinding the playlist, and for what, a few cars that probably aren't different enough outside of how they look?

Unfortunately, I lost the willpower to play this game anymore. And it really is sad; Forza is one of my favorite franchises. But I liked playing with my friends, and only my friends, and the playlist forces me to play online, which in my opinion isn't right. FM7 not having drivatars in private lobbies absolutely cut my time short with that game.

I really want some of the most simple bugs fixed; my real life car in this game (2018 Civic Type R) has daytime running lamps that aren't even simulated in the game properly. FM7 did it right; how did FH4 not? I know for a fact that that's a simple bug to fix. Yeah, it shouldn't mean much, but as an owner of the car, it makes me think the developers simply don't care enough to add just the smallest bit of polish.

I also agree with all the points the original poster made. It is sad, I didn't think I could say I dislike this game, but I honestly do have a dislike for it. The content got stale. I don't really like the challenges anymore, they feel too tedious and not worth the reward.
#130 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 10:19:34 PM(UTC)
a 150% what Nightdriver said, and I hate how you purposely turned off the Multiplayer for forza horizon 2 on the xbox 360 and then delist the xbox one game, just so people would constantly play the latest versions of your game to boot, as make your games better, not sabotage the old ones, while making it so no one can play or get the DLC cars in either that or forza motorsport 4, the last GOOD motorsport game you guys made.

as you guys are so bad, you make rockstar look good

and that brother, aint good.

as I am so sick and tired of these make your own adventure type games we have now that even extents to racing games like this, as we PAY you to make good games, not for us to make your games great via our own ways, as so many games have done with the youtube craze, where people like failrace and blackpanthaa have to MAKE your games fun for people to want to even WATCH videos from them with things like survive the hunt and the like

and your game is just one of many turn 10, its just that you havent cut enough shortcuts with the graphics to make people hate it straight off the bat like Bethesda with fake ***. fallout, yet.

as Horizon 4 and Motorsport 7 will be the LAST games I Buy from you guys until the management at turn 10 changes and changes drastically and gets back to making GOOD games like Horizon 1 and 2 and motorsport 4 again

as all you do is take the master models and port them to the next game anyways, and you dont even do it proper, like why on earth cant I take the targa off the Tuscan, the 77 Firebird, mixed in with the fact that half the porsche interiors are grey instead of black now as you failed to adjust them for the graphics of F H 4

not to mention how god awful the handling models for the motorsport series have been, as you might as well call it Forza Understeering motorsport with how slow you have to go around every corner in that damn game, as 60 to 80 mph is the cornering speed a Ferrari SHOULD be able to take a corner, not 20 to 40 like its a Russian Made UGO!

like you guys are supposed to be the creme dela creme of car racing games, and the anti gran turismo, where fun is outlawed in the name of simulation, not the bleed us dry until were bored leaches of the modern gaming industry that cant even make a viper sound like a viper, and a ferrari corner like a ferrari.

not to mention the GOD awful soundtracks you now produce, as you literally only have 3 good songs in horizon 4, and all in the name of NOT offending everyone, while I'm more offended at its blandness than anything else.

like here's some tips Turn 10, look up a guy named Jesper Kyd, and pay him what you have to, to get him to score the game for H5, and for the love of god disable 4 wheel drive conversions, just straight up do it as to allow the game to have some sembalnce of balance, and then take all our money that you've taken over the past 5 years with this **** , rent a track with the ICONS

IE the 77 firebird or any firebird with a 400 pontiac under the hood, the 1994 Dodge Viper, the 86 Testarossa, the Ferrari 360, the audi UR quattro,and the ferrari 308 WITH THE TARGA TOP OFF! as seriously that gallardo spider should NOT sound just like the coupe with the roof off! and have someone record their engine notes under load and actual driving and test them and how fast they can go around the corner as to fix your handling models and your sound, and SIMPLIFY your car list

as what is the point of 3 trillion cars when we just use 20 for everything, like why not ASK us what we want for cars, and not buy every virtual car model from india next time, where all your 3D car modelers are based, as yeah, I read the credits on that stuff, and note it! and make a great game again, and not one set in your backyard so you can cheap out on the aircraft tickets this time eh?

also why cant I just stay in the snow biome in H4, its the only cool one in the game, the rest I dont even wanna look at, as choice is not the enemy guys.

oh and also REDUCE THE DAMN GLARE ON THE WINDSHIELDS and give us the option to TURN OFF the windshield wipers when its raining, as I cant bloody see out of the cars half the time because of both of those! like why on earth does the windshield have to reflect like a mirror with the details of the interior 90 percent of the time?

not to mention why is it when I'm in the incar camera and I look hard left and hard right and back I cant see the rest of the cabin, yet I can in the forzavision? like shouldnt I have the option to pick what I like here?

oh and the AI, like guys, just play your own game, and have it record your RACE data and base it on that, as the AI is beyond stupid in your games, hell I straight up call your drivatars the driving Re ta rds with how dumb they are and how often they'll just crash into you just because of how dumb they were programed.

and it even happens when your just cruising around too in the legal lane, like they'll just slam into you for no good god damn reason, and man with how bad your game is, I really wish Microsoft would put turn 10 on the backburner and fire up the old midtown madness series again, as those were FUN.

but alas, Angel Studios, the people who made those, got bought by rockstar which is what lead to the now sadly defunct Midnight club series, as if microsoft was smart, they'd seek those developers out that were let go by rockstar and get them back to doing those again.

Edited by user Friday, August 2, 2019 10:58:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#131 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 11:16:03 PM(UTC)
PG/T10 could easily add a cool down period after x many AH searches, and limit the number of searches per minute. It has been suggested to them, but clearly they are not interested.
 7 users liked this post.
#132 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2019 2:10:39 AM(UTC)
As depressing as this thread is, it's good to hear I'm not alone in really really hating the games-as-a-service structure - specifically building the bulk of the game content around strict timed events.

Horizon 4 has made me feel like an addict, and not in a good way. I played the game weekly, sometimes daily, for ten months. The first few months I was starving for things to do, after a couple hours the weekly stuff was done and nothing to do but wait. Later it was the other way around. After several weeks of reluctantly logging in to do the new stuff before it's gone, I decided to try and miss a week, a month, several new cars. I realized I'm completely burned out. I still follow the updates, and I'd like to be able to play the new showcase remixes and such, but right now I need to take a long, full break before I touch the game again.

Yeah yeah, first world problems and such, but the point is that I absolutely detest the game for telling me when to play it. As much as I love Forza and the Horizon series, if the future entries rely on timed events as much as FH4 does, I'm not sure buying them will be the healthy thing for me to do.
 3 users liked this post.
#133 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2019 10:19:34 PM(UTC)
This is rich.

In ten minutes of repeated, almost bot-like searching tonight, I came across four separate 599XX Evo auctions. Four.

Again...every single one closed as I was authorizing the buyout.

Your game is broken, PG.
 4 users liked this post.
#134 Posted : Sunday, August 4, 2019 4:33:19 PM(UTC)
Haven't been on forums for days and just read this through.

Very good posts here and I think I understand much better some of the discontent worries regarding direction of franchise. I have almost all the cars, I actually counted one day how many I was missing and it wasn't that many. I could buy what's available. That certain Ferrari will unlock for me in few weeks, guess I might actually try it since there has been so much talk about it. Most of my supercars and even some other unicorns I have I haven't even tried. I have doubles of some exclusive cars.

Main problem with playlist unlocks is that as there's no alternative it sometimes feels more like work and less like relaxing. I read this and wonder how I came to have all those cars and I think it just happened that at some point I just accepted that this is quite different from FH3 and just kept doing things for curiosity, sometimes for challenge and just doing things I liked. I may have a bit funny way how to evaluate games. Like FH3 was great game and a stress toy and FH4 isn't necessarily really best of the series as game but great stress toy. LOL

It's difficult to say to forget car collecting when I have most of them even I don't necessarily care about them that much and because there really isn't any real end game challenge but collecting them all. For me it's been I have been doing a lot of single player races. Raced lot's of custom routes to break out from monotony and lot's of Street Races. I once did all the Street Races in game with C-class Skyline while listening to music via Spotify. I play on Pro so credits and wheelspins just happened.

As Game as Service experiment, this wasn't very good. It's not just Horizon series. Microsoft Game department isn't gaining market share, it has stalled. Where's Horizon 4 in this, it's a very valuable brand for MS because games like this also sells consoles and Xbox Live/Gold service. It's important to have player base which also adds market visibility and to maintain that, I'm speculating, they are throwing unlock cars challenges to us because that's the only thing ace they believe they have. The rest like Star card feature and promising to fix ranked multiplayer they are something but I don't know if they themselves trust those features alone giving FH4 more staying power.

I think FH4 would have much more staying power if it's features wouldn't be mixed up mess where features not support each other with the best possible way but come out as different branches competing with each other and player time rather than being opportunities for player. Game certainly has certain things but it doesn't know how to sell its goods. Some things are actually interesting like FH4 map actually being a bit bigger than FH3 map, yet it feels smaller. Why and how this happened and I have even a theory but then there is this aspect that I paid for the product, I play the game that my part in this and it's the studio which part should be figuring out how to connect the dots.
 2 users liked this post.
#135 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 5:49:42 PM(UTC)
So right now, the Xbox Live service that validates digital purchases is down, meaning the game won't start.

I'm curious what the "git gud" crowd thinks I should be doing differently to EARN today's in game rewards. Suggestions?
 2 users liked this post.
#136 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 5:58:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
So right now, the Xbox Live service that validates digital purchases is down, meaning the game won't start.

I'm curious what the "git gud" crowd thinks I should be doing differently to EARN today's in game rewards. Suggestions?

Is it just down? I was on about 30 minutes ago with no issues.

#137 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 6:12:46 PM(UTC)

Not sure how this is even relevant to this thread
There is nothing that MUST be done today
And you SHOULD still be able to play if your settings are right
 5 users liked this post.
#138 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 1:03:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rultsch Go to Quoted Post
As depressing as this thread is, it's good to hear I'm not alone in really really hating the games-as-a-service structure - specifically building the bulk of the game content around strict timed events.

Horizon 4 has made me feel like an addict, and not in a good way. I played the game weekly, sometimes daily, for ten months. The first few months I was starving for things to do, after a couple hours the weekly stuff was done and nothing to do but wait. Later it was the other way around. After several weeks of reluctantly logging in to do the new stuff before it's gone, I decided to try and miss a week, a month, several new cars. I realized I'm completely burned out. I still follow the updates, and I'd like to be able to play the new showcase remixes and such, but right now I need to take a long, full break before I touch the game again.

Yeah yeah, first world problems and such, but the point is that I absolutely detest the game for telling me when to play it. As much as I love Forza and the Horizon series, if the future entries rely on timed events as much as FH4 does, I'm not sure buying them will be the healthy thing for me to do.

You've put it very well, I felt just the same. The timed events were triggering all my completist/collecting tendencies, just as they were intended to do, and I resented the game. I had a busy few weeks in life, and was very tense whenever I could grab some game time, cursing loading screens, desperate to get things completed in the short time I had. I spent no time "enjoying" the game at all.

I've got past that a bit now. A key part for me was abandoning Ranked. Even the three or five races a month were too much. That might be just me, but I cut it out. And I began to find I was hitting 50% even when I didn't intend to, just because I always enjoyed the PR Stunts and Championships.

And in terms of these being "First World Problems", I don't think we have anything to apologies for here. Every email I open is a timed restaurant voucher, a timed money-off ticket for somewhere. Even my Ipad solitaire game has daily challenges now!

"Keep checking in! Keep Playing! Don't miss out!" It's a culture change.
 5 users liked this post.
#139 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 6:15:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

Ummm... the whole "Games as a Service" thing, and the game design decisions dictated by GaaS, is literally what we're talking about in this thread.
 2 users liked this post.
#140 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 8:18:08 AM(UTC)
For the longest time, I haven't been a fan of unicorn cars related to opportunities online. However, in-game reward cars are what needs to be done. I play offline a majority of the time so I miss out on quite a few, if not most of the online Forzathon rewards in general. Missing that MC12 Corsa really upset me, but nonetheless I've seen this go on for so long in so many franchises I feel like it can't be stopped now.
 1 user liked this post.
#141 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 1:51:42 PM(UTC)

Ummm... the whole "Games as a Service" thing, and the game design decisions dictated by GaaS, is literally what we're talking about in this thread.

Yeh but what you stated was you are unable to play for some reason( dont know why you couldn't)
If your settings are right you should still have been able to play even with digital owned games
The "git gud" crowd part is totally irrelevant to the whole thread ....maybe you mean the "play smart" crowd
As i stated there is absolutely nothing that MUST be done today if you were actually affected by the live service being unstable for a few hours ..
As usual i never had any issue with being able to play..but some look for any reason to complain about any issue and twist it into what they want to

If someone can complete the playlist on 5 accounts and work 60 hours a week I'm not sure how others struggle
Poor time management i guess...
And he has done that almost since the playlist began
Well done Rod 🙃🙃

Edited by user Thursday, August 8, 2019 12:43:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#142 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 12:28:40 AM(UTC)
This is rich.

In ten minutes of repeated, almost bot-like searching tonight, I came across four separate 599XX Evo auctions. Four.

Your game is broken, PG.

I feel ya. I've been trying to find a '93 Mustang, even had a couple friends put a couple in the auction house, as we were talking so I could do a buyout as soon as it came available. Every time, EVERY time someone else was able to complete the buyout before me. We're talking seconds. I for one am soooooo happy gifting isn't part of the games. Sarcasm if you can't tell.

To be honest, I have to say it's just great to have purchased the Ultimate edition to have all the cars available and I can't get a Mustang. Not even the Forza/Horizon edition, just a regular foxbody.

It's cool if PG wants to have some cars behind a wall of "do this and you'll get this", but that should only be Horizon editions or special versions of things, not just regular cars that have been in every forza game.

I just miss things being how they used to be. Maybe I'm just old now.

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#143 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 12:39:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
This is rich.

Your game is broken, PG.

I feel ya. I've been trying to find a '93 Mustang, even had a couple friends put a couple in the auction house, as we were talking so I could do a buyout as soon as it came available. Every time, EVERY time someone else was able to complete the buyout before me. We're talking seconds. I for one am soooooo happy gifting isn't part of the games. Sarcasm if you can't tell.

To be honest, I have to say it's just great to have purchased the Ultimate edition to have all the cars available and I can't get a Mustang. Not even the Forza/Horizon edition, just a regular foxbody.

It's cool if PG wants to have some cars behind a wall of "do this and you'll get this", but that should only be Horizon editions or special versions of things, not just regular cars that have been in every forza game.

Ultimate edition has Never given you every car
Must be unlucky never to have spun up a 93 mustang..had multiples..at least 5 or 6..straight to the auction house and taken by bots before exiting
 3 users liked this post.
#144 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 1:36:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DottierLearner8 Go to Quoted Post
And in terms of these being "First World Problems", I don't think we have anything to apologies for here. Every email I open is a timed restaurant voucher, a timed money-off ticket for somewhere. Even my Ipad solitaire game has daily challenges now!

"Keep checking in! Keep Playing! Don't miss out!" It's a culture change.

Yep. FOMO as an integral part of game design. It's terrible.

I think FM7 mostly had the rotating content done right - at least after freeing the unicorns. It's never the main thing, the game doesn't bombard you with it, it's just a little bit of extra. You don't feel like you're missing anything special, but since the progression of the game is so open and so sandbox-y, it's nice to be offered some specific things to do whenever you do log in. The forzathons are so generic that I don't bother with them, but I've really loved the rotating rivals events. Those struck a balance where it was never about "this is going away soon" but "there will be more in the future". The rewards were insignificant enough, even with the bounty hunters, so the main draw was that you got to play the challenge itself. And most of all, one whole month I feel like is plenty of time so that the game never really dictates its schedule to you. The week-long season they have in FH4 is really terribly strict, especially if you have a life and/or don't always feel like playing racing games (or if you don't want to rush it - when there was an event I enjoyed, I took my time with it, really working on the car, and might complete it several times). But of course that's the insidious point: If you're working in player retention, you don't want the players to forget for a second what their drug of choice is.

2 users liked this post.
#145 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 1:44:21 AM(UTC)

Yeh but what you stated was you are unable to play for some reason( dont know why you couldn't)
If your settings are right you should still have been able to play even with digital owned games
The "git gud" crowd part is totally irrelevant to the whole thread ....maybe you mean the "play smart" crowd
As i stated there is absolutely nothing that MUST be done today if you were actually affected by the live service being unstable for a few hours ..
As usual i never had any issue with being able to play..but some look for any reason to complain about any issue and twist it into what they want to

If someone can complete the playlist on 5 accounts and work 60 hours a week I'm not sure how others struggle
Well done Rod 🙃🙃

This reminds me of the day Horizon 3 went down. Like full on couldn’t play unless you went offline completely. There’s no way I missed that happening in this game. Ahh.. the amount of threads made from that incident.

Edited by user Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:49:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#146 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 4:58:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
This is rich.

Your game is broken, PG.

Ultimate edition has Never given you every car
Must be unlucky never to have spun up a 93 mustang..had multiples..at least 5 or 6..straight to the auction house and taken by bots before exiting

Ultimate and Car pass (I get it, I left that out) SHOULD allow me to have available cars. Not necessarily new to the game cars, but normal cars. And I am so happy for you that you've gotten several of the car I'd like to have from wheel spins. I feel like you're splitting hairs and looking past my point along with other's points. Arguing/antagonizing just to do it. But whatever. Doesn't really matter does it.

Edited by user Thursday, August 8, 2019 3:27:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 11 users liked this post.
#147 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 5:08:02 AM(UTC)

Well done Rod 🙃🙃

I had family visiting for the weekend due to Gen Con. I'm sorry if you consider spending time with relatives from out of town to be "poor time management".

The point is that there's absolutely no need to time-limit tasks. It doesn't actually test any sort of driving skill; the only purpose it serves is to require people to log into the live service regularly.
 2 users liked this post.
#148 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 7:02:31 AM(UTC)

I had family visiting for the weekend due to Gen Con. I'm sorry if you consider spending time with relatives from out of town to be "poor time management".

The point is that there's absolutely no need to time-limit tasks. It doesn't actually test any sort of driving skill; the only purpose it serves is to require people to log into the live service regularly.

Rod here, you only need to log in every 3 days to keep up on dailies. Only need to login in once to knock out the rest of the seasonal stuff. And since it's a game, I'm using the word 'need', loosely...

Edited by user Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:48:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Vice president, moderated club.
 10 users liked this post.
#149 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:59:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

Rod here, you only need to log in every 3 days to keep up on dailies. Only need to login in once to knock out the rest of the seasonal stuff. And since it's a game, I'm using the word 'need', loosely...

Compared to FH1 and FH2 where you only had to log in 'whenever I actually felt like playing'.
 1 user liked this post.
#150 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 10:45:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KOG7777 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

Compared to FH1 and FH2 where you only had to log in 'whenever I actually felt like playing'.

There's nothing stopping you from doing that now.

Vice president, moderated club.
7 Pages<<4567PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error