This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
8 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#101 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 3:57:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xPREEMOx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
The endgame is already here: it's the Playlist continuing to deliver new challenges and cars until they pull the plug.

More like yawnfest tedious grinding for people who don't care about having every car in the game. How exciting!

Thing is, even without new cars, I'd keep playing if the weekly challenges were interesting. They're very hit or miss, though, especially this week.

The problem with the challenges that I've come across when they deal with having to play online with other people is that many of these people act like you aren't on the same team. There was a dirt championship a few weeks ago that was C class that I gave in and tried. All was well and we would have won if some random moron didn't try to squeeze past me at the checkpoint next to the finishline and in the process checkpoint himself. I was literally running every flag over on the inside line. There is nowhere to pass and yet he had to try. We won the 1st race, would have won the 2nd so the 3rd race wouldn't have mattered but Nope! The old if you're not 1st you're last moron strikes again. The last race was The Gauntlet...I was the only one that finished and it was all for nothing thanks to the tryhard hero.

I do know how to get around playing with randoms but not everyone is on at the same time, some people don't care about the playlist, some people don't care to do it again once completed and so on and so forth. It's just a frustrating system sometimes. Maybe they should ghost your real life teammates and leave the AI the way it is. Idk but as you said it's not consistently fun enough to want to do them.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:00:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 6 users liked this post.
#102 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:32:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
The endgame is already here: it's the Playlist continuing to deliver new challenges and cars until they pull the plug.

More like yawnfest tedious grinding for people who don't care about having every car in the game. How exciting!

Thing is, even without new cars, I'd keep playing if the weekly challenges were interesting. They're very hit or miss, though, especially this week.

The problem with the challenges that I've come across when they deal with having to play online with other people is that many of these people act like you aren't on the same team. There was a dirt championship a few weeks ago that was C class that I gave in and tried. All was well and we would have won if some random moron didn't try to squeeze past me at the checkpoint next to the finishline and in the process checkpoint himself. I was literally running every flag over on the inside line. There is nowhere to pass and yet he had to try. We won the 1st race, would have won the 2nd so the 3rd race wouldn't have mattered but Nope! The old if you're not 1st you're last moron strikes again. The last race was The Gauntlet...I was the only one that finished and it was all for nothing thanks to the tryhard hero.

I do know how to get around playing with randoms but not everyone is on at the same time, some people don't care about the playlist, some people don't care to do it again once completed and so on and so forth. It's just a frustrating system sometimes. Maybe they should ghost your real life teammates and leave the AI the way it is. Idk but as you said it's not consistently fun enough to want to do them.

Yeah, that's why I only play the single player challenges. The multiplayer ones just aren't worth putting up with.
 6 users liked this post.
#103 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 2:07:05 AM(UTC)
For me, the Playlist is an excellent feature. I’ve more or less finished the single player game and am probably about as high as I will go in Team Adventure and FFA. The Playlist therefore gives me a great opportunity to have to use different cars with some reward for doing so. I can get it done in an hour or so if I don’t have much time and experiment more on the various events if I do.

This weeks trial was great fun. I’ve had no reason to try out B class X country cars before and so have ran it multiple times to try out the different options. The other ones that I really enjoyed were the Porsche one (as I tried out a wide range of Porsche’s) and the Apollo challenge.

There’s lots of things I’d improve about FH4 - ranked being the obvious one - but I really can’t see why people have a problem with the Playlist. It’s an excellent feature and a really good way to introduce new cars.

9 users liked this post.
#104 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 9:23:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
For me, the Playlist is an excellent feature. I’ve more or less finished the single player game and am probably about as high as I will go in Team Adventure and FFA. The Playlist therefore gives me a great opportunity to have to use different cars with some reward for doing so. I can get it done in an hour or so if I don’t have much time and experiment more on the various events if I do.

This weeks trial was great fun. I’ve had no reason to try out B class X country cars before and so have ran it multiple times to try out the different options. The other ones that I really enjoyed were the Porsche one (as I tried out a wide range of Porsche’s) and the Apollo challenge.

There’s lots of things I’d improve about FH4 - ranked being the obvious one - but I really can’t see why people have a problem with the Playlist. It’s an excellent feature and a really good way to introduce new cars.

I have a problem with the playlist because I actually have a ton of other games I'd like to put some time into... I've been playing FH4 several hours per week since it came out. I'd like to move on. I'd like to make progress on Ace Combat 7, get started on Red Dead 2, or maybe finally start Skyrim.

I don't really WANT to continue putting in extra hours per week for the Playlist, but I have to do so if I don't want to miss out on the new cars. Some of which I find desirable, like the new Aston Martins. And yes yes blah blah they might come around again blah blah. But then I run into the same problem - if I miss them the first time, I have to keep constant tabs on FH4 to see when they come back. So I STILL can't just put the game out of mind for a while.

I would like it so much more if the initial playlist content was just the opportunity to get the new content for free via challenges, and then the cars got added to the autoshow after the playlist was over, so people who missed the challenges could just buy the new cars from the autoshow. Then I could leave the game alone for a while and not have to stress over missing timed content.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 31, 2019 4:23:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#105 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 3:23:34 AM(UTC)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is the very definition of 1st World Problems...Dude, get a grip

Edited by user Thursday, August 1, 2019 3:25:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#106 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 4:33:00 AM(UTC)
It's cool. I like having lots of cars to collect and wish they made it a little more difficult to attain them to be honest. Whiners be damned!
 3 users liked this post.
#107 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 5:03:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EnderOfSubris Go to Quoted Post
It's cool. I like having lots of cars to collect and wish they made it a little more difficult to attain them to be honest. Whiners be damned!

What's the purpose of this?

The cars are the hooks PG uses to keep players interested/coming back each week. To achieve this they have to make the cars look obtainable for everyone.
Thus, the challenges are more of a time investment than a skill investment. Locking new cars behind a high difficulty would be counterproductive towards the goal of PG - the "Rip Rod Drag Challenge" gave enough hints towards this.

They could add some special FE Editions (same stats as the normal cars) or special-liveried variants through long-term or high-skill challenges though. New cars? Nah, they are fine this way.
 4 users liked this post.
#108 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 6:28:20 AM(UTC)

"Difficult" is fine. There's a difference between genuinely difficult content, though, and just holding back content to juice the online player counts.
 3 users liked this post.
#109 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 9:22:43 AM(UTC)

If you want difficulty, just turn up the AI level to max and turn off all assists. And if that's not enough, race stock with no tune/upgrades. And if it's still too easy for you.... well gee. You've mastered the game I guess.
 5 users liked this post.
#110 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 9:26:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Incog23 Go to Quoted Post

Oh I have a grip bro.

By your logic, then things like subpar engine sounds, broken Star Card features, incorrect car details, PC cheaters, and bad sportsmanship ruining online races are all 'first world problems' and really no one here should complain about anything at all.

It's amazing to me the lengths people will go to excuse and justify game design that locks people out of content for their game if they don't want to be tethered to the game with a leash.
 1 user liked this post.
#111 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 9:45:45 AM(UTC)
Meh, after owning everything and all this chasing new cars, I have found my zen and have been deleting hundreds of cars I don't use and not giving a hoot about it any more. With the new auction house rules I got rid of things like the stupid Apollo, extra police cars, and crummy hatchbacks that for some reason that were worth 10M(whatever that astra thing was). I just don't care. I get all the new exclusives and close out the weekly requirements within a couple hours each week, actually don't mind it that much. Not sure why I felt compelled to own 30 audis when I only use 3 of them. With 100M+ if I need it for an event I'll buy it.

Been going back to my organic roots from the FM4 days goofing around with 'oem' tunes, getting my favorite cars, mostly B/A class and tuning them with stock wheels and no body mods that can still compete against AI at least expert level(if you can drive), using only their original engines and drive configurations. Just as sick of hypercar level honda AWD V16 twin turbo civics as I am collecting everything 'exclusive' in this game. Stopped doing paintwork after the XBONE conversion, where in my 360 days I was always a billionaire painter(but had no kids). My days of 5000+ layer racing recreations is long gone.

Edited by user Thursday, August 1, 2019 9:50:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#112 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 9:57:22 AM(UTC)
Yeah, not sure why some people like to defend bad game design. Sure, at the end of the day it is just a game, but that doesn't excuse it from valid criticism.

For me at least, I feel that if poor (and in the case of FH4 player hostile) design isn't called out, then the chances of things improving is effectively zero since there is no incentive for the devs/publishers to improve things unless they feel that there's a financial incentive (either attracting new/returning players or damage control to avoid losing more). Very few developers will make improvements out of the desire to make a great game, and the FH4 devs have clearly demonstrated they're not in that camp between things like the LEGO expansion nobody asked for and the awful F2P inspired overarching gameplay.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
 5 users liked this post.
#113 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 11:18:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: tabsaid Go to Quoted Post
Exclusive cars will pop up to earn again.

Pure speculation on your part.

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360022460533-Gone-Forever-Missed-Opportunities-Explained
Gone Forever? Missed Opportunities Explained
Quote:
Car rewards in Forza Horizon 4 cycle throughout Seasonal and Series events.These reward cars are available to purchase and sell on the Auction House.

Some players may be concerned that they missed out on a once in a life-time opportunity.

It should not come as a surprise that ALL reward cars will cycle back into future events, challenges and #Forzathon Shop offerings.

You mean like the 812 Superfast, which was offered in the Forzathon Shop exactly once and is now locked behind a timegate achievement?

Or the Ford Capri FE, which was never offered anywhere outside of this game's horrendous PVP (another rant for another day) and a (allegedly) mistaken, mere hours-long listing in the Forzathon shop, but is now locked behind the same kind of time-gated achievement?

How about the 2019 GT3 RS, which was offered in the Forzathon shop twice and hasn't been seen since?

I could go on and on, but I think the point has been made.

To be perfectly frank, it was my hope that when Forza Edition cars were introduced into this game, it would put an end to this artificial-scarcity nonsense that peaked with FM6's CBHs. Let those tuned-up, smoothed-over cars be the Super Treasure Hunts, if you will, and leave the stock cars for everyone else. But, alas, Playground Games decided to mess all of that up mere months into the game, and has doubled and tripled down since.

This is a racing game, not a Barrett-Jackson simulator, but unfortunately I have had to treat it as such lately, because there is no other way to get cars that you want. Take the 599XX Evo, for example. I missed out on it the first go-around (because I have a life). And now, I can't get it unless I'm faster than a bot, because every time one shows up on the Auction House, it sells before I can even pull up the shortcut menu to buy it out. Want a stock Huracan or R34 GT-R? Can't go to the autoshow and get one - nope, gotta wade through the Auction House and hope that you see one that is relatively untouched. Fell in love with the Aventador SV? Well, until this series, you either had to get lucky in a Wheelspin, or go to the Auction House and pay through the nose.

This is not how a racing game should work. Not at all. And honestly, between this and PG's inexplicable decision-making and utter refusal to fix things (see: Multiplayer), it's pushing me to make Horizon 4 my last Horizon game.
 1 user liked this post.
#114 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 11:19:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KOG7777 Go to Quoted Post

Oh I have a grip bro.

By your logic, then things like subpar engine sounds, broken Star Card features, incorrect car details, PC cheaters, and bad sportsmanship ruining online races are all 'first world problems' and really no one here should complain about anything at all.

It's amazing to me the lengths people will go to excuse and justify game design that locks people out of content for their game if they don't want to be tethered to the game with a leash.

Nah Bruh you clearly don't have a grip.

You're whining about having too many video games to play so you want the car game to be easier for you. I'm not justifying bad game design, I have many gripes about the downward movement of this franchise that is quite clear to many of us on these boards, I'm just criticizing your whiney perspective regarding too many video games and not enough time.

Again, 1st World Problems dudemanbrah
 3 users liked this post.
#115 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 11:31:42 AM(UTC)

Oh I have a grip bro.

Nah Bruh you clearly don't have a grip.

You're whining about having too many video games to play so you want the car game to be easier for you. I'm not justifying bad game design, I have many gripes about the downward movement of this franchise that is quite clear to many of us on these boards, I'm just criticizing your whiney perspective regarding too many video games and not enough time.

Again, 1st World Problems dudemanbrah

Use your reading and comprehension skills. I don't need the game to be 'easier'. I can complete trials, seasonal PR stunts, and seasonal championships with no problem. It is not 'difficult' for me to maneuver my little digital automobile around the little digital corners in the little digital countryside ahead of the AI controlled little digital automobiles. What I have a problem with is the time-gated stuff.

If they wanna say 'you must beat this challenge to get this car', I have no trouble with that. Way back in Ridge Racer days, you had to beat the Devil Car to GET the Devil Car. And they didn't make it easy. That's FINE. But what they didn't say is 'you must beat the Devil Car between August 5th and August 11th to get the Devil Car, or else you won't have another chance at it for months. IF at all'. Nor did they say 'you must cooperate with 5 other random players of varying skill levels and temperaments, online, between August 5th and August 11th to get the Devil Car'. I can't help you if you can't see the difference.

All the apologists for the game seem to break it down to a 'easy/hard' or 'you don't want to work for your rewards' thing. That's not the case. I am fine with challenges - I just want to be able to tackle them on my own time instead of on the developer's schedule.

Games are going from a 'buy it and play it when you feel like it' model to a 'buy it and play it when the developers tell you to' model. And if you step away from a game for a while, or buy it late in its life cycle, you're just out of luck.

Let's look at it this way: Ace Combat 7 has challenges. If you want to unlock all the aircraft and weapons and upgrades, you have to grind out a lot of missions and get points which you cash in for those aircraft, parts, and upgrades. And if you want to unlock all the aircraft skins? You have to S-rank all the missions, and complete a bunch of tricky in-mission challenges. This is all great. You play and you work for your goodies. And some stuff is harder to get. If you want to unlock EVERYTHING? You're going to put in a lot of time, and probably replay a lot of missions while trying to get those S-ranks. S-ranks require you to kill a LOT of targets, while taking minimal or no damage, AND there's a time constraint. See? That's challenging. And also fun. But you know what they don't do? They don't tell you that you have to shoot down THIS enemy fighter under THESE conditions only between July 4th and July 10th in order to get the new F-15 variant.

Edited by user Thursday, August 1, 2019 11:42:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#116 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 1:15:18 PM(UTC)
I do miss the good old "used cars section" from the old Gran Turismos. No auction house BS, just used cars for cheaper then the new ones. Tried buying a used veyron for the forzathon.... They all get speedbought by what i heard from reddit are pc users using bots and scripts. Only overpriced ones remain. I dont need livery or tunes, ill do that myself. I just want a used car section.
 1 user liked this post.
#117 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 1:45:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch2009 Go to Quoted Post

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360022460533-Gone-Forever-Missed-Opportunities-Explained
Quote:
Car rewards in Forza Horizon 4 cycle throughout Seasonal and Series events.These reward cars are available to purchase and sell on the Auction House.

Some players may be concerned that they missed out on a once in a life-time opportunity.

It should not come as a surprise that ALL reward cars will cycle back into future events, challenges and #Forzathon Shop offerings.

This is a racing game, not a Barrett-Jackson simulator, but unfortunately I have had to treat it as such lately, because there is no other way to get cars that you want. Take the 599XX Evo, for example. I missed out on it the first go-around (because I have a life). And now, I can't get it unless I'm faster than a bot, because every time one shows up on the Auction House, it sells before I can even pull up the shortcut menu to buy it out. Want a stock Huracan or R34 GT-R? Can't go to the autoshow and get one - nope, gotta wade through the Auction House and hope that you see one that is relatively untouched. Fell in love with the Aventador SV? Well, until this series, you either had to get lucky in a Wheelspin, or go to the Auction House and pay through the nose.

This is not how a racing game should work. Not at all. And honestly, between this and PG's inexplicable decision-making and utter refusal to fix things (see: Multiplayer), it's pushing me to make Horizon 4 my last Horizon game.

To be fair, you can strip the paint job, upgrades, and tune from anything you buy in the auction house. What's the need to look for one that hasn't been touched? Am I missing something?
 2 users liked this post.
#118 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 2:08:48 PM(UTC)

Quote:

To be fair, you can strip the paint job, upgrades, and tune from anything you buy in the auction house. What's the need to look for one that hasn't been touched? Am I missing something?

It's been my understanding that if the previous owner bought any or all of the Car Mastery upgrades on the car before selling it to you, you were prevented from buying them yourself. That's one of the reasons I look for stock, and then add on a heap of prayer to that.

Frankly, I like your idea - all cars in the series get added to the Autoshow following the conclusion of the series. I would be happy if that were the case. If I were to take it a step further, it would be that every car that is not a pre-order or Forza Edition be available from the Autoshow from the jump. Price them accordingly, if you need to, but don't lock them behind stupid stuff. Base game or DLC - doesn't matter.

Further, the Auction House should be locked to stock cars, period. Forza Editions and "1-of-1" customs that were painted/tuned by the seller only. Using your own tune/paintjob nets you more cash than using someone else's. As for "my rarity!", make more Forza Editions, then. Problem solved.

And another thing. Using bots and macros to snipe auctions should be a bannable offense, from all online activities. Two months first offense, six months second offense, and permanent for the life of the franchise third offense.
 1 user liked this post.
#119 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 3:08:36 PM(UTC)
[Or the Ford Capri FE, which was never offered anywhere outside of this game's horrendous PVP (another rant for another day) and a (allegedly) mistaken, mere hours-long listing in the Forzathon shop, but is now locked behind the same kind of time-gated achievement?

Oh, it was available one other time - before release. And you needed 300 FP, which not even the Ultimate Edition players had at that time. Essentially, it was there just for the "influencers" that got advance access.
#120 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 3:24:59 PM(UTC)

Quote:

It's been my understanding that if the previous owner bought any or all of the Car Mastery upgrades on the car before selling it to you, you were prevented from buying them yourself. That's one of the reasons I look for stock, and then add on a heap of prayer to that.

Frankly, I like your idea - all cars in the series get added to the Autoshow following the conclusion of the series. I would be happy if that were the case. If I were to take it a step further, it would be that every car that is not a pre-order or Forza Edition be available from the Autoshow from the jump. Price them accordingly, if you need to, but don't lock them behind stupid stuff. Base game or DLC - doesn't matter.

Further, the Auction House should be locked to stock cars, period. Forza Editions and "1-of-1" customs that were painted/tuned by the seller only. Using your own tune/paintjob nets you more cash than using someone else's. As for "my rarity!", make more Forza Editions, then. Problem solved.

And another thing. Using bots and macros to snipe auctions should be a bannable offense, from all online activities. Two months first offense, six months second offense, and permanent for the life of the franchise third offense.

Yes that part is true. Perks unlocked by a previous owner can't be re-unlocked. If it's an ongoing perk, you can still take advantage of it. If it's a one time perk like a cash payout or a special car, then yes you'll be out of luck. There's only a few cars that have car unlocks in their perk tree though. But you might want to avoid those few if you aim to unlock the perk tree cars. Like the MC12 FE or Sagaris FE. As for the cash payouts.... meh. There's plenty of other sources of cash in the game.

Edited by user Thursday, August 1, 2019 3:51:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#121 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 7:56:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post

The cars are the hooks PG uses to keep players interested/coming back each week. To achieve this they have to make the cars look obtainable for everyone.
Thus, the challenges are more of a time investment than a skill investment. Locking new cars behind a high difficulty would be counterproductive towards the goal of PG - the "Rip Rod Drag Challenge" gave enough hints towards this.

They could add some special FE Editions (same stats as the normal cars) or special-liveried variants through long-term or high-skill challenges though. New cars? Nah, they are fine this way.

Upping the difficulty of attaining these reward cars would make them more rare, legitimately more rewarding and break the monotony of weekly challenges. It would be so much more interesting if there were really cars that we weren't all capable of getting. There are enough of them in this game to make for a wholly entertaining and lasting experience without owning every vehicle, so make those rare cars really something. At some point, games became more interested in massaging the players ego rather than cultivating skill with ever increasingly difficult challenges.
 3 users liked this post.
#122 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 10:19:38 PM(UTC)

Upping the difficulty of attaining these reward cars would make them more rare, legitimately more rewarding and break the monotony of weekly challenges. It would be so much more interesting if there were really cars that we weren't all capable of getting. There are enough of them in this game to make for a wholly entertaining and lasting experience without owning every vehicle, so make those rare cars really something. At some point, games became more interested in massaging the players ego rather than cultivating skill with ever increasingly difficult challenges.

Sure, since games left their nerdy niche and became a mainstream entertainment product the overall difficulty decreased. Quite logically so because the sole purpose of games is to make money.
"Broaden the audience" was the industry's phrase if I remember correctly.

Aside from that I still don't see the reason as to why they should lock new cars behind difficult tasks. To enable players who could obtain them driving around showing off: "I have this new car and you don't. Git gud!"
Other games often use special editions or skins as prestige objects. PG could do this too.
Also, if something is seen as difficult or not is very individual. What kind of challenges would you consider to be more "rewarding"?
#123 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 1:01:56 AM(UTC)
Before H3 and FM7 I played H1 and FM4 and at that time I never ever had the urgency to get all the available cars. I just bought the ones I really like. I had maybe 40 cars in each game (in RL I got only one for comparison). I even left cash unspent (like in RL). Since when did anybody say, that you have to have every car in a game. I ask that to the players and the devs. I don't know who came up with that first but I know that I never played any racing game like that before. And I won't. I like to drive the F40, so I drive it for a month till I get bored and then I buy something else I desire, like a BMW M5 E34, make it cool looking, because I always wanted one, and drive it for 2 months, tune it, change the livery 3-4 times. I don't like every car on this planet, so I don't have to have it. Maybe everybody should calm down and just enjoy the little things.

Edit:

Don't get me wrong, I criticize the devs too. They should focus more on a better story line, or something new, car culture related, instead of jumping on the car collector train. It looks as if they lost their imagination or don't want to try hard enough.

Edited by user Friday, August 2, 2019 1:22:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#124 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 8:39:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: QuadratHund8308 Go to Quoted Post
Before H3 and FM7 I played H1 and FM4 and at that time I never ever had the urgency to get all the available cars. I just bought the ones I really like. I had maybe 40 cars in each game (in RL I got only one for comparison). I even left cash unspent (like in RL). Since when did anybody say, that you have to have every car in a game. I ask that to the players and the devs. I don't know who came up with that first but I know that I never played any racing game like that before. And I won't. I like to drive the F40, so I drive it for a month till I get bored and then I buy something else I desire, like a BMW M5 E34, make it cool looking, because I always wanted one, and drive it for 2 months, tune it, change the livery 3-4 times. I don't like every car on this planet, so I don't have to have it. Maybe everybody should calm down and just enjoy the little things.

Edit:

Don't get me wrong, I criticize the devs too. They should focus more on a better story line, or something new, car culture related, instead of jumping on the car collector train. It looks as if they lost their imagination or don't want to try hard enough.

And on the other hand, I've made it a point to unlock every car in my racing games ever since the days of Ridge Racer, Gran Turismo, Project Gotham Racing....
 5 users liked this post.
#125 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 8:50:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post

I don't understand this whole idea of enjoying a car (or any 'thing' in a game) more just because other people don't have it.

The point of a game is to play, right? So ideally the point of getting a thing in a game is to have fun playing with it. New things should be fun because you can do different things with them that you can't do with the other things you already have. If a new thing isn't fun on its own, and the only reason to enjoy it is because others don't have it... well I just find that kinda sad and pathetic.

In real life, some cars are rare because they are old or expensive. And not everyone has the same amount of real life money... some people are able to buy more than others. And so rich folks with all kinds of money can get the great cars, while others can't.

But Forza is a game. That we all pay the same amount (excluding the divide between standard and ultimate edition) for. And the limited availability of real life cars due to age or manufacturing expense doesn't apply to in-game cars. which are just digital information which can be cloned infinitely. So there's no real good reason for some cars to be rare or exclusive. Because for that to happen, it means that certain people who paid the same amount for the game as everyone else have access to more content than other people who paid the exact same amount of money to play the game. Yes, for folks to have 'exclusive' cars that they can boast about to feed their egos and bolster their self-worth, the opposite also has to apply. People who payed full value for the game are supposed to put up with less. So that others can have more. This is a facet of real life, but there's absolutely no reason for it in a game like this. Maybe in a competitive game, where rewards are based on wins and losses.... but not in a casual game like this where a lot of people choose primarily to play in solo modes.

I'm OK with some things being harder to get than others... that's what we call progression. You work your way through the game, tackling easier challenges first, and then getting better at the game and earning more money/points to try harder things and earn better rewards later.

But some stuff that's exclusive and only given to a few players? Hell no with that **** .
8 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error