5 Pages<<2345PrevNext
Rank: Driver's License
#76 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 11:14:36 AM(UTC)
2k for Apollo LOL. I ve already have one, i got when here came and 10k FP in my acconut..

What i can do?

See the world burn.

2 S2998 seasonal championships.... damm u PG
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#77 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 11:18:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
some reason I decided to prioritize first hand ownership when possible, just to make things harder on myself.
You are not the only one! LOL
I have every single car in the game except for the 812 SF and every single one is 1st hand ownership.

I do have some "bought-in" cars but they were bought to flip when the time is right.


Rank: A-Class Racing License
#78 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 12:03:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
some reason I decided to prioritize first hand ownership when possible, just to make things harder on myself.
You are not the only one! LOL
I have every single car in the game except for the 812 SF and every single one is 1st hand ownership.

I do have some "bought-in" cars but they were bought to flip when the time is right.





First hand is the way to go, we dont know if previous owners kept up the proper maintenance lol. I've had two 812s and i'm waiting to get this 3rd one in a few weeks. I just realized last night I deleted my Monte Carlo back when the garage limit was low. So thats the only car I dont have
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#79 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 1:01:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fuchs171 Go to Quoted Post
2k for Apollo LOL. I ve already have one, i got when here came and 10k FP in my acconut..

What i can do?

See the world burn.

2 S2998 seasonal championships.... damm u PG


I didn't mind the S2, but what I didn't like was the Rear Wheel Drive in the rain. I'm not very good with RW, and when I changed my car to AWD it was taken off the list of cars.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#80 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 1:54:10 PM(UTC)
Okay........ this has just taken quite a few hours of work, but I have a new car/build/tune that is totally OP for at least the Titan race in the Trial.

I did some testing on the Titan using rivals mode. I started with the ZR2 and '17 Raptor. Both are okay, and I was doing around 5:48. Then I went back to the '19 Ranger Raptor and tried quite a few different builds. Eventually got that down to 5:39, shared that as "Mudbath trial v2", and felt it was pretty OP, being so much faster than the ZR2 and '17 Raptor.

Then I tried the Lambo LM 002, based on that being the highest placed car eligible for the Trial on the Titan rivals leaderboard. I could see immediately that it had the potential to be crazy OP, but it took quite some time to home in on the right build. I have to give credit to "[Ume] RatherSince", as it was his/her performance that caused me to try the car, and driving against his/her ghost that allowed me to home in on the build I eventually used to beat his/her time by a second, doing 5:32 for world #5. The tune I used for that is shared as "Mud bath trial" and "Titan rivals". There were some significant errors in my driving, I'm sure sub 5:30 is possible with it.

So, if anyone wants to claim something else is better than the LM 002 for this trial, please go ahead and beat my Titan rivals time with a different Offroad vehicle :-)
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#81 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 3:22:41 PM(UTC)
73 Range Rover worked for me and a buddy. Probably better stuff out there but it did the job. We messed up the first try but we got it on the second, We came 1st and 2nd on Titan.

Edited by user Friday, July 26, 2019 3:23:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#82 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 3:23:18 PM(UTC)
I was sitting on 11,000 Forzathon points. I bought five Apollos and sold them all for 100 million credits total. I regret nothing.

As for the Trial, I used the 2011 Ford Raptor and found the first two races pretty easy. I got three 2017 Raptors and two 6x6s on my team. Of course the Raptors carried while the 6x6s kept placing near the back. We ended up winning 3-0 (although we barely won the third by 50 points).
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 3:27:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
S2 are quite possibly the least enjoyable class to drive in the game, and are really only useful for fast grinding on Falcon Loop. Why are two thirds of the events focused on this class?


Especially in the wet

With the heavy lean to S2 and the Trials this week, it really looks like someone at PG said "let's just see how much hate we can generate this week"

I lucked out with being on a good team and finding a good tune for the 17 150 Raptor, so the trial was fun. I also enjoyed the icon event.

However, I had a terrible time finding a team that consisted of competitive members as well as ones that didn't quit right and left for the games. I'll bet I spent well over an hour on this one.

I do not like driving the S2 class cars in competition and have yet to find the right car and right tune for the street race event. I quickly fall to last place in each of the races. I have not tried the other S2 event yet, but don't expect things to be any better there. I love a challenge especially when I know what I need to do to improve and win the event. I am just not able to figure this one out, yet.

Danger zone took a few more tires than normal (no biggy as I love danger zones) and I nailed the speed trap first time. But the speed zone took quite a few attempts before I finally nailed it. When I did, I beat the requirement by a wide margin.

By this time in the week, I am usually finished with all but the yet to be available dailies.

I don't expect everything to be easy, but I am finding this weeks event in general to be more challenging than normal.


Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 4:08:10 PM(UTC)
I've just put the LM 002 into 3rd place on the rivals leaderboard for Trial race 2 as well, less than 2 seconds behind the Track-Tor in 1st place.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#85 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 2:58:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
S2 are quite possibly the least enjoyable class to drive in the game, and are really only useful for fast grinding on Falcon Loop. Why are two thirds of the events focused on this class?


Especially in the wet

With the heavy lean to S2 and the Trials this week, it really looks like someone at PG said "let's just see how much hate we can generate this week"

I lucked out with being on a good team and finding a good tune for the 17 150 Raptor, so the trial was fun. I also enjoyed the icon event.

However, I had a terrible time finding a team that consisted of competitive members as well as ones that didn't quit right and left for the games. I'll bet I spent well over an hour on this one.

I do not like driving the S2 class cars in competition and have yet to find the right car and right tune for the street race event. I quickly fall to last place in each of the races. I have not tried the other S2 event yet, but don't expect things to be any better there. I love a challenge especially when I know what I need to do to improve and win the event. I am just not able to figure this one out, yet.

Danger zone took a few more tires than normal (no biggy as I love danger zones) and I nailed the speed trap first time. But the speed zone took quite a few attempts before I finally nailed it. When I did, I beat the requirement by a wide margin.

By this time in the week, I am usually finished with all but the yet to be available dailies.

I don't expect everything to be easy, but I am finding this weeks event in general to be more challenging than normal.



Someone in either this thread or another mentioned tuning a car to S2-901 and that it would then cause some of the AI to bring out S1 cars. For the Street Scene Championship I tuned a 110 to 901 and it worked just like he said. About half the AI were then in S1. Of course the other half were above the 901 but I was still able to win finally. This was the first Championship that I have had issues beating in a LONG time. But I do hate S2 anything. My 67 year old eyes and reflexes just aren't fast enough I guess.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#86 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 3:43:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
S2 are quite possibly the least enjoyable class to drive in the game, and are really only useful for fast grinding on Falcon Loop. Why are two thirds of the events focused on this class?


Especially in the wet

With the heavy lean to S2 and the Trials this week, it really looks like someone at PG said "let's just see how much hate we can generate this week"

I lucked out with being on a good team and finding a good tune for the 17 150 Raptor, so the trial was fun. I also enjoyed the icon event.

However, I had a terrible time finding a team that consisted of competitive members as well as ones that didn't quit right and left for the games. I'll bet I spent well over an hour on this one.

I do not like driving the S2 class cars in competition and have yet to find the right car and right tune for the street race event. I quickly fall to last place in each of the races. I have not tried the other S2 event yet, but don't expect things to be any better there. I love a challenge especially when I know what I need to do to improve and win the event. I am just not able to figure this one out, yet.

Danger zone took a few more tires than normal (no biggy as I love danger zones) and I nailed the speed trap first time. But the speed zone took quite a few attempts before I finally nailed it. When I did, I beat the requirement by a wide margin.

By this time in the week, I am usually finished with all but the yet to be available dailies.

I don't expect everything to be easy, but I am finding this weeks event in general to be more challenging than normal.



Someone in either this thread or another mentioned tuning a car to S2-901 and that it would then cause some of the AI to bring out S1 cars. For the Street Scene Championship I tuned a 110 to 901 and it worked just like he said. About half the AI were then in S1. Of course the other half were above the 901 but I was still able to win finally. This was the first Championship that I have had issues beating in a LONG time. But I do hate S2 anything. My 67 year old eyes and reflexes just aren't fast enough I guess.


I'm 42, and just starting to have to strain reading the instructions on bottles of Aspirin. S2 class tends to be the sort of thing that I want to be better at than I am, and can usually manage under ideal conditions. But start piling on rain, or darkness, or NPC traffic, and forget it. Low S2 isn't so bad, but mid-to-high S2 into X class starts to be a struggle.

Rank: Racing Permit
#87 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 6:22:35 AM(UTC)
rainy sprint with rear/forward wheel only cars

championship with old slow rear wheel slow mobiles that can barely take a turn properly...... ugghh....who's the one who thinks these boring and annoying races are fun??

gotta stop it with these ancient slow cars championships... it's getting annoying

Edited by user Saturday, July 27, 2019 6:25:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#88 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 7:02:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fuchs171 Go to Quoted Post
2k for Apollo LOL. I ve already have one, i got when here came and 10k FP in my acconut..

What i can do?

See the world burn.

2 S2998 seasonal championships.... damm u PG


So buy another and sell it for 20 mil. At least the FP can be used to make some extra money when you need it. That's what I've been doing with them since I already own every car.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#89 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 7:53:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Okay........ this has just taken quite a few hours of work, but I have a new car/build/tune that is totally OP for at least the Titan race in the Trial.

I did some testing on the Titan using rivals mode. I started with the ZR2 and '17 Raptor. Both are okay, and I was doing around 5:48. Then I went back to the '19 Ranger Raptor and tried quite a few different builds. Eventually got that down to 5:39, shared that as "Mudbath trial v2", and felt it was pretty OP, being so much faster than the ZR2 and '17 Raptor.

Then I tried the Lambo LM 002, based on that being the highest placed car eligible for the Trial on the Titan rivals leaderboard. I could see immediately that it had the potential to be crazy OP, but it took quite some time to home in on the right build. I have to give credit to "[Ume] RatherSince", as it was his/her performance that caused me to try the car, and driving against his/her ghost that allowed me to home in on the build I eventually used to beat his/her time by a second, doing 5:32 for world #5. The tune I used for that is shared as "Mud bath trial" and "Titan rivals". There were some significant errors in my driving, I'm sure sub 5:30 is possible with it.

So, if anyone wants to claim something else is better than the LM 002 for this trial, please go ahead and beat my Titan rivals time with a different Offroad vehicle :-)


Challenge accepted aaaand done ;P
5:28.4xx with the '11 Raptor. Had some unlucky jumps and suspension behaviors as well. 23/24 should be possible.
It's a little bit slower on the straight than your LM but I got you in the corners.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 9:47:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
…I tried the Lambo LM 002…

The tune I used for that is shared as "Mud bath trial" and "Titan rivals".


Thanks for putting that tune up, I wasn’t going to bother as I’m not that keen on Cross Country but I’ve got to say that Trial was actually fun!!! 😯 😆
We won race 1 & 2 but I lost out big time in the race 3 bun fight…



(Decided to give the Titan Rivals a go and that too was fun… managed to get down from my initial 6:19.xxx to 5:39..907 - which puts me at #16 for now. Will definitely give it a run around some more Cross Country 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾)

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#91 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 12:20:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post



Someone in either this thread or another mentioned tuning a car to S2-901 and that it would then cause some of the AI to bring out S1 cars. For the Street Scene Championship I tuned a 110 to 901 and it worked just like he said. About half the AI were then in S1. Of course the other half were above the 901 but I was still able to win finally. This was the first Championship that I have had issues beating in a LONG time. But I do hate S2 anything. My 67 year old eyes and reflexes just aren't fast enough I guess.
Thanks for this tip! I FINALLY was able to win this one after lots of tries. In the end I used a stock Chiron and took a 1st, 1st and 5th. In that final race, I was in 3rd ready to overtake 2nd but was bumped off the track. Thankfully 5th was just enough points to take an overall win. It is very rare for me to still have having a go at these challenges on the 3rd day.

I'm with you. At 66 my reflexes and eyes are not what they once were either and I have to sit near the TV, especially in the S2 class races. Man, one small mistake and I get passed by several of the AI.

So yeah, I hate S2 as well as X when it comes to races. The only time I jump into an X class car is for danger zones, speed traps and speed zones.

I will try to remember this 'tune it as low as you can for the class' trick in the future.

Edited by user Saturday, July 27, 2019 12:20:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#92 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 12:22:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
I've just put the LM 002 into 3rd place on the rivals leaderboard for Trial race 2 as well, less than 2 seconds behind the Track-Tor in 1st place.


I’d be curious to see how you get on in the Nissan Titan on this course? I think it’s a reasonable close call whether it’s quicker than the LM 002. My best recorded time is a 2.02.7 with the Titan, although I did do a 2.02.2 with the LM 002 which was ruled out as I was carrying so much speed into the last ramp the game decided it was a collision despite me being perfect on it.

Also instructive on the benefits of manual with clutch. The 1.5 seconds you have on me is pretty much all gained in the first run up to the first ramp - which is effectively a pure drag race. As I’m using your tune (excellent work!), the difference is the horrible auto gear changes.

Edit - had one more go with each car. Improved the LM002 time to 2.02.0 but then beat that with a 2.01.5 in the Titan.

Edited by user Saturday, July 27, 2019 12:36:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#93 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 3:56:39 AM(UTC)
Hi,

MR-Rampenlicht (don't know how its called in english).
Which car should I use?
I tried a few, no chance. AI drives like they have glue on the tires...

Thx

Edited by user Sunday, July 28, 2019 4:46:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#94 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 4:02:17 AM(UTC)
I used the Spano - with an S2 991 tune (there are a few which look identical). I chose a car at random I hadn’t driven before but I was surprised how good it was. The tune I used has 10 for handling and 9.6 for launch. It was very stable for a RWD car and had a decent speed advantage over the drivatars on unbeatable difficulty.
Rank: Racing Permit
#95 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 4:45:50 AM(UTC)
The Spano did it, Thx.
Any suggestions for the French thing?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#96 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 4:51:24 AM(UTC)
I used the Bugatti Chiron
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#97 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 5:02:25 AM(UTC)
Chiron for me as well.

I think it’s trickier though than the RWD one. The drivatars are always quicker on Street and I couldn’t catch the leader on either RR or Otleydale (and I have top 10 rival times in the S1 version of both). Fortunately, 1st and two 2nds was enough.
Rank: Driver's License
#98 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 5:36:54 AM(UTC)
I did the MR championship with a random Diablo SV I had laying around, I just put all the possible upgrades (save for the transmission and cage) on it, and beat everyone easily even though it was S2 916. I did the French championship with a 205 Turbo because I didn't have a Bugatti, but I had to turn the difficulty back down to highly skilled because it was too slidey around corners to keep up with faster drivatars.
Rank: Racing Permit
#99 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 5:38:58 AM(UTC)
any car will work (in my case Ultima Evolution) but if you have problems in the first race with the rain try turning on stability control
Rank: Driver's License
#100 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 6:02:39 AM(UTC)
I used the Apollo Intensa Emoizone. I finished 1st in all 3 races, but the whole thing wasn't fun at all b/c as always the trash AI. High power, RWD in the wet, you can't just full throttle it, even in a stable car like the Apollo, wheel spin and fish tail. The game models this fine, just not for any of the AI, who drive like they are in AWD in the dry, with stickum on the tires, yet somehow still have full acceleration and launch. The game "makes up" for this by having certain points in the race where the AI slow down, plus allowing you to have an advantage in speed on the straights.
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error