This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 7:57:24 PM(UTC)
GRRRRR.... I'm not great at racing. I usually get stuck on a tree or get slammed into a wall.
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 2:56:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hobbit1959 Go to Quoted Post
GRRRRR.... I'm not great at racing. I usually get stuck on a tree or get slammed into a wall.

I've gotten kindof OK at racing. It still happens occasionally, but not nearly as often.
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 3:08:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hobbit1959 Go to Quoted Post

Racing is definitely a long learning curve. Just keep at it and I'm sure you'll improve!

Don't forget to consider things like the tunes you have on your car, or difficulty level of the Drivatars. Start on an easy difficulty and make your way up to harder ones slowly. Even the game will prompt you if you're doing well and beating everyone if the difficulty level is too easy.
RetroKrystal | Community Liaison for Playground Games | @_RetroKrystal | Mixer: RetroKrystal
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 4:35:02 AM(UTC)
Rivals is a great place for learning tracks, select any track you consider the most difficult for you at the time, make a first try, disregard you have some collision or not, get to the finish line. Then you have 2 options:
- pick the proposed challenger possibly with a very close time
- leave and go back to rivals, select same track, same class, press Y, Y again, it should show you your rank, select it. This done you are racing against yourself.
Focus on not having hits and missed checkpoints, better time will come after.

once you feel comfortable with ending the track without big hits or missed checkpoints, take it solo with drivatars.

Tips; some like to see the rival's car but it can be very disturbing when times comes to pass it through. From the Display configuration menu you can deactivate ghost car display. This done, only the dot on the minimap and moving checkpoints flag will inform you if you are late or not.

Beginner level, look for tunes with max grip regardless engine power.

Last tip, braking sooner will get you to the finish line faster.
#5 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 5:38:27 AM(UTC)
well the improvement that can be done to the races layout in cities .. u re not always stuck in those edges by mistake .. some griefers use them to take u out

but the worst to me are the props left on the track, countless time i lost a position because i was pushed on a trash can or something else

to me tracks in cities should be layed out like monaco with guardrails all around the tracks
#6 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 6:37:59 AM(UTC)
Thanks for all the suggestions....I've been on Forza for a long time. I will use races that are custom many times for fun. But I would like to complete some seasons. I love doing the PR stunts and like trying them over and over to get the season objectives complete. I mess up a lot in the Trial and in Playground Seasonal event and feel bad for those on my team. (I'm at Tier 10, Total Forza 16091 and have been driving since 2014).. I love tuning. amI working on getting Tier 6. I love doing my own blueprint t for Elmsdon on the Sea 1.5 Hours....that I have down to a rhythm with shifting and hitting all the check points and avoiding trees) with no assists, a steering wheel and stick. I've gotten better at racing but the cars do twist, especially on off-road or cross country.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 5:09:06 PM(UTC)
Same with me in the race...but while roaming i take shortcut in the forest.. LOL
-NoobMaster-
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:05:03 PM(UTC)
I'm trying to get all the stars in Top Gear..so close, yet so far :-)
#9 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 7:06:26 AM(UTC)
This post instantly made me think of Freeroam Rush.

Freeroam Rush made develop a new found respect for trees.

Notification

Icon
Error